[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Patrician film of the year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: o-END-OF-THE-TOUR-facebook.jpg (581 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-END-OF-THE-TOUR-facebook.jpg
581 KB, 2000x1000
Patrician film of the year
>>
>>64251302
>2 Jews
>>
>>64251302
I'm sure dfw would've absolutely loved this film
>>
That's not the assassin
>>
>>64251302
>>64251849
Get better taste
>>
>>64251848
His self examination phase ended abruptly tho
>>
>>64251848

He probably would have been apathetic towards the film itself, he just would have said it's really embarrassing to have a movie of yourself.
>>
>>64251910
You know, just saying that means nothing unless you offer a suggestion
>>
So has everyone read Infinite Jest or do people just pretend to have?
>>
>>64252364
I havent red a book since high school, and even then I just looked at the cliffnotes online lol. reading is so gay srsly
>>
>>64252364
why would you ever read DFW's fiction?
>>
you thing dfw would like the last scene of him dancing in that church. i cracked up in theater while everyone was crying near me.
>>
File: Infinite_Jest-WIR.jpg (596 KB, 1700x600) Image search: [Google]
Infinite_Jest-WIR.jpg
596 KB, 1700x600
>>64252492
For the memes
>>
>>64251302
acting wasn't that great desu senpai
>>
>DFW is going to become the next Kurt Cobain among edgy teenagers

But I don't want it to happen
>>
>>64252627
is JS at least not crap?
>>
Apparently not a very good representation of DFW from the reviews I read.
>>
>>64251302

Film killed literature, and replaced it as the prominent art form of the 20th and 21st centuries.
>>
>two people talking
>patrician
I could've just read the screenplay
>>
>>64252660
this already happened ten years ago jesus
>>
>>64252695

meant to reply to >>64252364
>>
>>64251848
>DFW having to endure an (incorrect) examinations of his ticks and mannerism

He'd have imploded into a bandana'd black hole made of sweat. Read "A supposedly fun thin I'll never do again" to understand how angsty he was.
>>
>>64252695
Slam poetry usurped film in the early 21st century, though.
>>
>>64252678
he's fine but i'm not sure if he totally sounded or acted like david foster wallace, he just talks really slow
>>
>>64252695

Internet killed both of them.
>>
>>64252695
>Film killed literature,

What are you talking about. Has been doing great over the past century.
>>
>>64252492
for the feels, nigger. read oblivion and the pale king, that's when he was at his worst and actually killed himself before completing pale king
>>
DFW loved movies. He would have disliked this movie because he hated being a celebrity or the center of attention. But he wouldn't have hated it just for existing.
>>
I love how this is a biopic but you never feel it's really about DFW. The dialogue is absolutely perfect and I enjoyed it.
>>
>not Évolution

plebs
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.