[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's up with the sudden push of Facebook articles saying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
File: star-wars-stinks-now.png (792 KB, 956x794) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-stinks-now.png
792 KB, 956x794
So what's up with the sudden push of Facebook articles saying "ok, now that they hype's died down, this movie isn't that good". Seriously seeing it everywhere right now.
>>
First they get clicks from the assenters, then they aim for the dissenters.
>>
>>64250556
fucking clickbait how does it work?
>>
Ad revenue.
>>
Clickbait scum should all be dragged into the street and shot
>>
>>64250556
http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-star-wars-the-force-awakens-stinks-20151226-column.html

It's clickbaity, but fuck this article is so 100% on the money, not only about Star Wars, but the whole modern block buster film.

He basically points out why I think this film is a "competent shitpile" and as I have tried to explain comes off as a film basically designed by marketers and focus groups.
>>
>>64250556
When hype wears down you start to make more logical assessments of the movie.

I was blown away by The Dark Knight when I first saw it and was excited it made a bunch of money. Now? It's still good, but not as amazing as I made it out to be when it first came out.

It's really like that with any movie you really like the first time you watch. When some time passes and you actually THINK about what you looked at, you make a much more fair criticism. It's why people get really angry when /tv/ or other places like /co/ say blockbuster films suck
>>
>>64250556
There's no more review embargo and Disney's paid reviewers have all had their say. This is just the start of more earnest reviewing.
>>
JAR JAR IS FINISHED
>>
it's the opposite of what happened to man of steel

>everyone says it's shit at the start
>now everyone realises that it's pretty good
>>
>>64251278
is that actually happening with the man of steel?

I thought the movie was dope when it came out and became a bit buttflustered when everyone kept telling me its bad.

Are opinions starting to shift? Or is it some bullshit hype for the new movie where people claim they like it because they're hyped
>>
>>64250556
People was expecting a massive shit and got surprized when they kinda enjoyed the movie, most of them didn't stopped analyze why. Now with the testimony of those people the rest after them had better expectations. And the movie while not awful was not the one that can be enjoyed with too high expectations. Now people is overreacting again and some of those who liked it first will jump the cart to be popular too or because they actually stopped to think about it.
>>
>>64251193
>tfw I literally enjoyed a lot the Dark Knight Rises
>>
>>64251362
For some reason, I've found myself enjoying MoS after rewatching it a few times.
>>
>>64251278
>everyone
kek fuck off murderman defense force
>>
>He has a Facebook account
>>
>>64250556
>What is clickbait?
>>
File: Me1.jpg (21 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Me1.jpg
21 KB, 480x480
Same thing happened when The Phantom Menace came out. People loved it, then the hype died down.

https://youtu.be/XSaaa_OBkzw?t=1m22s
>>
>>64251409
I can barely muddle through your horrendous English to actually glean some sort of point.
>>
>>64250882
Not well
Adblock is king
>>
>>64250556
Facebook was literally paid to suppress negative reactions for the first 12 days.
>>
>>64250556

same thing that happens with most JJ films

you leave the theater satisfied with standard blockbuster antics executed pretty well

then two days later you start to think about how nonsensical the plot is and how soulless and vapid the production was
>>
>>64250556

You realize that a Facebook newsfeed is essentially an echo chamber customized to your preferences, right? You've self-selected to get a feed that will show you what you want to see.
>>
>>64251409
yeah man critics gave the film 95% positive reviews because of how mildly enjoyable they found it. they weren't shilling at all.
>>
>>64251725
>you leave the theater satisfied with standard blockbuster antics executed pretty well

speak for yourself
>>
Haven't really seen this at all and from day one I've been seeing a pretty good mix of positive/negative opinions. Like with all things on the internet in this current culture, you're just seeing a massive polarization of opinions. I guarantee you on someone else's facebook, all they're seeing is "12 Awesome Moments We Loved from TFA." It's all clickbait bullshit trying to cash in on the massive swell that is the publicity for this movie.
>>
>>64251725
I haven't been satisfied by a blockbuster in years

came close with Rise of TPOTA but there's too many stupid characters in that movie
>>
>>64251193
>>64251409
I think that's the thing, really.

It's not a 100% Perfect Greatest Movie Ever. But it's also not a total shitflick.

It's an okay movie. Better than the prequels, probably not as good as the originals. Maybe Jedi.

But yeah. Really, that's all I wanted. An okay movie. I didn't want The Prequel Experience. I wanted to feel like someone wasn't shitting on my childhood.

And I think they succeeded. This is the kind of movie I would very much like to see again, and if I ever see it on TV, I'll probably think, "Why the fuck not?" rather than "Ugh, maybe I'll flip over near the end."
>>
>>64251067
It's a pretty good article desu senpai
>>
So you're telling me that I really wasn't having fun the 4 times I went to go see it?

Fuck off contrarians. Go write a love letter to Lucas and tell him you sucked a big black dick in order to make him happy
>>
>>64251755
Nah, the shilling was taken for granted, but isn't it always nowadays?
>>
>>64252466
>I just made 2 cents!
>>
>>64252466
It usually goes like this: There's no problem with you liking a bad film, but people will generally think less of you if you don't acknowledge its flaws (flaws which usually would lead to you disliking the movie)
>>
>>64251695
95% and holding strong.

>It's a conspiracy!
>>
>>64252466
>4 times
What a waste of money, just download the cam you scrub
>>
>>64251595
It's probably the only way he has to talk to your mom.
>>
it really is terrible how it keeps happening, movies get hyped to shit, the goyim all go out and spend their money on it raving about it on twitter and facebook then a few weeks later after the hype dies down everyone realizes just how average the movie is.

by the time star wars 8 and 9 come out literally nobody will think of TFA as anything but mediocre. At least the prequels were so shit they had a long lasting influence on the franchise
>>
muh clickbait

Star Wars 7 is untouchable now. Best way to milk it for attention (clicks) is gross adulation or gross condemnation. No in between. The article calling the OT Shakespearian was the most over the top so far.
>>
>>64251067

Ehhh it doesn't say anything new or interesting.
>>
File: step et.jpg (93 KB, 850x506) Image search: [Google]
step et.jpg
93 KB, 850x506
>>64250556
>normies get hyped like never before
>OMG best movie of 2015 rite there!!!!
>hype passes
>someone says it was not that good
>OMG yes it was soooooo overrated
>>
>>64253400
its like our threads get edited and published
>>
File: 1266880549928.jpg (185 KB, 538x380) Image search: [Google]
1266880549928.jpg
185 KB, 538x380
>Facebook articles

It's the LA Times you dumbshit, and it's an article about modern movies in general. Read the fucking thing.

Serious answer to your stupid bait question is that no one wanted to be "that guy" who said the movie wasn't good, because they would have been called out/ridiculed/blacklisted. If you actually read the good reviews, they were all pretty much damning with faint praise. Basically just "JJ Abrams has delivered a fun Star Wars movie." There wasn't really anyone praising the performances, the deep plot, etc.
>>
>>64253349
Yeah that's weird because the OT isn't a tradegy, the PT is with most of it's characters dying and all...
>>
>>64251362

From what I've seen most reviewers are being revisionist and saying they liked it after watching it again in preparation for BvS, especially knowing that the large scale murder last scene is a huge stake in BvS.
>>
>>64251595
If you're a wagie you need one to have a job nowadays
>>
>>64250556
1. clickbait
2. it wasn't good, but the media is such a joke that it can't say anything negative until its "safe"
>>
>>64254967
What shit pile job do you work at, anon? No one requires you to have a Facebook account. Perhaps you're thinking of Linkedin? Even then it isn't required.
>>
Obviously they all shitpost on /tv/
>>
File: star_piss.jpg (67 KB, 614x352) Image search: [Google]
star_piss.jpg
67 KB, 614x352
>>64250882
>>64250847
>>64250914
>>64250900
Muh vidyagame review conspiracys and shit
>>
Critics don't actually have interesting opinions, they just aim for getting people to read their shit by saying whatever will get the most attention.
>>
>>64255585
what are you trying to say? capitalism is a conspiracy?
>>
>>64255585
9/10 it was alright
-IGN
>>
>>64255282
A lot of places are starting to do it now.
>>
>>64250556
I haven't seen the movie, but I did see an interview with Carrie Fisher. The way she mumbles sounds like her false teeth do not fit well. The loss of teeth and bone can only be partially attributed to age. Don't do drugs, kids.
>>
>>64255734
Getting attention means their opinions aren't interesting?
>>
File: spinspinspin.gif (606 KB, 540x230) Image search: [Google]
spinspinspin.gif
606 KB, 540x230
>>
>>64256471
it's pottery
>>
>>64256471
noice
>>
>>64251459

I liked the Dark Knight Rises, baneposting be damned.
>>
>>64251970

That sums it up. Personally, I still kind of like the prequels (saw them when I was a little kid so the nostalgia is really strong), but I was worried that I'd get all cynical and bitter about Episode VII the way old Star Wars fans did about the prequels. I'm just happy it was a competent movie, Kylo was interesting, and Rey was cute.
>>
>>64252466
I'm aware you're full of shit but I legitimately don't understand the people seeing this multiple times

I saw it on Sunday and I have no interest in seeing it ever again, I was more entertained watching A New Hope earlier today. TFA was just dull.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.