[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is worse?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 21
File: star wars episode 1 and 2.png (431 KB, 491x373) Image search: [Google]
star wars episode 1 and 2.png
431 KB, 491x373
Which is worse?
>>
File: TFA.jpg (11 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
TFA.jpg
11 KB, 300x168
I think we all know.
>>
>>64248794
It's hard to say.. I is more boring but II has those awful Padme/Anakin scenes.
>>
1 was complete shit and had too much binks
>>
>>64248794
I rewatched both recently.
E1 is far worse, literally impossible to enjoy for anyone older than 10. It doesn't even feel like a SW movie after the first 10 minutes.
>>
>>64248971
not to mention shitty anakin actor
natalie portmans worst acting ever
too much irredeemable cgi
qui gon the faglord
>>
The Phantom Menace is an anti-film - it doesn't follow any grounded storytelling conventions and feels amateurish.

The odd thing though is that you need to watch Phantom to enjoy Attack of the Clones as it carries a lot of the important plot points over like Anakin's mom and the trade federation bullshit.
>>
The Phantom Menace is worse.

Both are better than TFA, though
>>
>>64248794
2 is really bad until geonosis battle
1 is great, people who hates jar jar is only because of the hive mind
>>
I actually thought the CGI in Episode 1 was much better than 2 and 3.
>>
>>64248971
>>64249045
hello reddit. you can go circlejerk to your conformist normie echo chamber somewhere else. Episode 1 is the closest star wars ever got to kino.
>>
Episode 2, because at least ten year olds can enjoy phantom menace.

AOTC fails completely.
>>
>>64249093
when will this meme die?
>>
>>64249108

Agreed about 2, the clone scenes are absolutely awful
>>
>>64249110
hello 4chan. enjoying being a contrarian who literally no one agrees with?
>>
At least Episode I had some damn action that wasn't in the last 10 minutes of the movie
>>
I'd say ii is worse

>no puppets
>even worse villian than I
>jar jar is still in it
>less cool padme outfits
>worse soundtrack.

Episode I is objectively the best of the prequels.

Think about that
>>
>>64249194
The Gungans vs Droids battle is one of the worst things ever put on film.
>>
>>64249093
This desu fampai
>>
>>64249095
>geonosis battle

That battle is the worst battle in all of star wars.
>>
>>64248794
>Pod racing
>McGregor and Neeson broing it out
>Darth Maul fight

>Awkward Lloyd/Portman scenes
>>
>>64249310
Are you an angel?
>>
>>64248794
I enjoy watching them all, but I think the romantic dialogue between Anakin and Padme is dire. I think the story could have been put across better.
>>
2, easily. 1 was pretty bad and had long, banal sequences of boring trash but had a few fun scenes and the CGI, while extensive, was done better, mixed with more practical effects and has definitely aged much better than 2.

2 has all of those abysmal fucking romance scenes on Naboo, at least in 1 Anakin is young enough that we only have to suffer one cringe inducing romantic exchange.
>>
I is better production wise.

We get our first intro to real Jedis as they existed before they disappeared. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan did a great job representing that.

A majority of the visuals are all practical effects. Jar Jar is CGI, Pod Race is CGI. Naboo and Space battles are CGI composited onto backgrounds. The sets were all very big with matte backgrounds. They all felt natural.

The fight between Qui-Gon, Obi Wan and Darth Maul was fantastic and the best part of the movie as was the entire fucking score.

Story wise it was weak, edited terribly, and of course the acting was probably the worst in all of the prequels.

If you watch the anti-cheese, or phantom edit versions of the movie though TPM wins over Episode II by a mile.

Episode II, better plot, better star wars universe (it's more established). It has however a lot of flaws.

A ton of CGI sets that were unnecessary (Lucas getting lazier and lazier). The horrible romance subplot. Terrible fight scene in the arena. The only good thing is the Geonosis battle and even then it's mediocre except for a few great shots.
>>
>>64249302
What, you don't like video games?
>>
One almost tells a complete story. Two is just a mess and anything that does happen in that movie is purely by accident. It's insane to watch because there's no thought put into what's going on.
>>
Darth Maul...
Doesn't say anything.
Only in the film for 5 minutes.
The only character to ever kill Liam Neeson in a film.

Phantom Menace.
>>
My wife's son loves Episode I and finds Episode II boring. His dad feels the opposite.
>>
>>64249124
as soon as you go back to Reddit hugbox
>>
>>64249310
>Pod racing
Stupid shit for 5 year olds that doesn't belong in SW.
>McGregor and Neeson broing it out
Qui Gonn had no reason to exist.
>Darth Maul fight
Retarded over the top anime fight like all the others in the prequels, against an useless villain with no personality and no purpose.
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>I liked Episode I
>I liked little Anakin
>I liked podracing
>I liked Jar Jar Binks in every scene
>I liked that flying jew thing
>I liked the gungan/droid battle
>I liked senate politics
>>
II, without a doubt.

The first one had issues, but it still had a generally cohesive story with some nice practical effects and better cgi.
>>
File: 1434841943687.jpg (41 KB, 960x723) Image search: [Google]
1434841943687.jpg
41 KB, 960x723
REMINDER
STAR WARS ENDED IN 83'
NO STAR WARS MOVIES WERE MADE SINCE
>>
>>64248794
they're equally bad for different reasons
>>
>>64249530
That's not true there have been four other movies.
>>
Both were total shit but 2 was visibly better
>>
>>64249530
>Things I don't like don't exist maymay
>>
II is the worst, but III is worse than I.

Yeah, I said it.
>>
File: Smiling-Face-Of-Daisy-Ridley.jpg (65 KB, 544x640) Image search: [Google]
Smiling-Face-Of-Daisy-Ridley.jpg
65 KB, 544x640
>>64249406
Which is the best fan edit? I heard that there is some ash kusher version that has all 3 movies edited down into a single film that's only like 1 hour long
>>
File: 1449160781737.jpg (19 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1449160781737.jpg
19 KB, 400x388
>>64249530
NOOOOOOOOOOO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>64249592
Five, actually. Star Wars: The Clone Wars even had a theatrical release.
>>
>>64248794
Jar Jar was less offensive to me than sand and flippy yoda.
>>
>>64249516
>stupid shit for 5 year olds that doesnt belong in SW
star wars is targeted towards kids too ya know
Also
>hating based Qui-Gon
>hating Duel of The Fates
KYS
>>
>>64249736
Yoda flipping was the dumbest shit ever. The prequels clearly get worse each episode, only a child wouldn't notice this.
>>
>>64248794
Episode three "has the high ground" and yet it "lost the will to live" and we all said "Noooooo" x-D
>>
>>64249530
AS IT SHOULD BE

WHY WOULD LUCAS POINTLESSLY RUIN HIS OWN LEGACY LOL THAT WOULD BE DUMB
>>
>>64249604
So you forgot about the factory convener belt scene?
>>
>>64249093
Well done senpai master troll
>>
>>64249648
I streamed the Phantom edit a day or two ago. It's the maul duel from phantom menace, clones with Obi-Wan cut out mostly, and an hour of sith so mostly the opening space battle and final duel. Oh and dooku is entirely cut. Everyone agreed it was really shitty.
>>
>>64249604
did you like obi-wan and anakin racing on their little cars in the rain trying to get some chinese food from that fat blue faggot? DID YA? DID YA?
>>
>unironically calling The Phantom Menace worse than Attack of the Clones
hello reddit

>>64249877
good double
>>
>>64248794
They're both really good, but I think I'll go with Episode II being the worse of the two.

Attack of the Clones is good. That arena scene was really great. I liked the twist that the clones were the good guys when most people assumed the clones were the villains of the clone wars. You also got to see Anakin taking his first steps towards becoming Vader, which served as a good teaser for the next film.

But I have to say The Phantom Menace is better. It is a fun space adventure. It's charming in its innocence. It's a very comfy, cozy film to just put on and watch. Hell, just talking about it makes me want to watch it. Unfortunately, my copy isn't with me at the moment.

Talk about a Sophie's choice, though.
>>
Reading through this thread kinda makes me sad. I haven't seen the prequels in a while, are they really THAT bad?

I should rewatch them
>>
>>64249865
Damn.

Well figures.
>>
>>64249914
they are awful, but sincerely have better ideas and occasional good scenes and were trying to be new movies. TFA is honestly worse.

only retards judge films on a X/10 scale and give points based on how "professional" they were.
>>
>>64249914

I re-watched them for the first time in a while, and first time as a non-teenager or kid.

You notice some more of the flaws but they're still enjoyable if you love the characters, fights, other scenes etc. Only odd part is the dialogue, but RotS was actually a little more thought-inducing this time around, I noticed all of the different events that led to Anakin's fall better.
>>
>>64248794
We can all agree that Revenge of the Sith is at the same level than the OT ??
>>
>>64250107
no III is as bad II
>>
>>64248794
Not sure. They both had serious problems (young Ani and the romance scenes), but they also had cool and interesting ideas in them. IMO Episode III was the worst because Lucas hadn't progressed the story enough and had to forcibly bridge the gap.

Still got more enjoyment out of them than TFA.
>>
>>64250107

III only a tad behind VI imo

I love dramatic conclusions
>>
>>64249524
I actually did like little Anakin and senate politics
>>
>>64249524

I loved it when I was a kid.

I thought - finally the Star Wars universe is being fleshed-out; and isn't just about a group of rebels struggling to survive against a monolithic Empire with blocky and dull as fuck design themes.
>>
>>64249899
>hello reddit

What the fuck does this even mean, and how is it relevant?

Is "reddit" just something you call somebody you disagree with now?
>>
>>64250107
I honestly think Sith is the best star wars to date.
>>
>>64250259
It's worse than that, guy actually thinks he's insulting something or someone or that 4chin isnt just reddit lite now anyway.
>>
>>64250107
Hell no. Anakin turns on a fucking dime for no reason, and there is still terrible interactions with Padme. Also the final scene, which should have been the most epic in the entire fucking franchise turned Darth Vader into a laughing stock.
>>
>>64249865

>Clones with Obi-Wan cut out

Why would you remove the most interesting part of your movie?
>>
>>64250328

>turns on a dime for no reason

Didn't pay any attention to II and III

>last part laughable

Doesn't have any ability to empathize or relate to unadulterated anger in failure

Face it, you guys are just autists with no imaginative or abstract ability
>>
>>64250380
He even added a deleted scene with Padme's family meeting Anakin. She has hologram pictures in her room and her sister calls Anakin her boyfriend to which she replies, "He is not my boyfriend!"

It's terrible. Fucking terrible. Bad cuts and planets are labeled in their establishing shots with terrible text on screen.
>>
>>64249865
Is that the Topher Grace one?

Yeah, the problem with that is that it jumps around and cuts out a lot of things that makes the film make sense. It only works if you've seen the movies before and know the story, but if you haven't, it's really disorienting.

I mean, it's not a bad idea, but it just didn't work the way they did it.
>>
>>64249410
>One almost tells a complete story.

Too complete, in a way. Unlike ANH, Lucas *knew* he'd be making Episodes II & III (even if he clearly had no idea what he was going to do with them), but he still wraps everything up extremely neatly in Episode I, to the point that it feels disconnected from II & III.
>>
File: 1446714029818.png (56 KB, 401x372) Image search: [Google]
1446714029818.png
56 KB, 401x372
>>64250455
Yes I did. He had a hunch Padme was going to die because he had a hunch his mom was going to die. He also was angsty that the council didn't make him president of the Jedis immediate. This is enough to slaughter everyone he fucking knows and cares about because a Sith tells him he might be able to help save her. It was terrible writing.

The premise of him being upset int eh end is fine, having him scream "NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" with his hands balled up in fists was fucking terrible directing.

We have a problem with it because we were paying attention and understand good story telling.
>>
>>64248853

this tbqhfam
>>
>>64250107
Could be with better dialogs and performanses. But lucas sucks both at writing dialog an at directing actors. So it all turned pretty bad.
>>
Was Anakin's mom raped by the sandniggers?
>>
>>64250328
> turns on a dime
What is the tusken slaughter
What is the jedi council shitting all over him
What is Sheev basically being his grandfather
What is 3 years in a war
And even then, it still all came down Mace fucking up. When he tried to break the jedi code, that was the last straw for Anakin, basically proving Sheev right that jedi are no different than sith.
>>
>>64249865
That's not The Phantom Edit. The Phantom Edit is actually really good and only touches Episode I.

The guy also made an edit of Clones called Attack of the Phantom which is awful.
>>
Clones is better in almost every respect. It features characters that are more developed. The plot is far more interesting and the final battle is amazing, especially when you're 12. It has hamfisted dialogue, and some lackluster acting at times but it's a Star Wars film, and it's not trying to shy away from it.
>>
File: trash.gif (6 KB, 250x299) Image search: [Google]
trash.gif
6 KB, 250x299
>Prequels are better than TFA
4plebbit should be gassed.
>>
>>64250858
Obviously.
>>
>>64250259
Disliking the prequels is a hivemind reddit opinion. Thinking The Phantom Menace is because le Jar Jar meme is reddit.
>>
Episode 2 by a country mile
>>
>>64250996
Well, let's be honest, AotC was shit to begin with, he didn't have much to work with.

But ultimately I think the prequels should be scrapped. I could do more with my friends and cardboard boxes than even a good editor could with that shit.

I did like that the Phantom Editor included the bit with Padme's family though. It actually made the shit with her and Anakin not entirely irritating.
>>
>>64250663
> liked TFA
> understands good story telling

Pick one.
>>
File: fingermeme.jpg (32 KB, 360x224) Image search: [Google]
fingermeme.jpg
32 KB, 360x224
>>64251052
You can't honestly think TFA is even a star wars movie, much less a good one. Can you?
>>
>>64251052
Not sure about gassed, but yeah, it's not the kind of shitposting I'm comfortable with.
>>
>>64251102
People get way too hung up on Anakin and Padme. There is so much more to the film.
>>
>>64249108
Episode 1 had a lot longer leadup and development time. There is some really great CGI there and some really great world-building. The podracing scene was spectacular as well as some of the battles and the Naboo underwater city.

Episode 1 is the only one of the prequels that I legitimately enjoyed. Of course, I was 14 when it came out, but I still thought it was an authentic Star Wars experience. It had cool worlds, cool Jedi, and people complain about Anakin but I found him endearing.
>>
>>64250212
>le I loved it when I was a kid meme xD
Yeah I loved my uncle's dingus when I was a kid, so what?
>>
>>64251075
You do realize the Jar Jar hate predates reddit by like a decade, right?
>>
>>64251197
Hey reddit
>>
>>64251165
Episode one ruined my childhood but everything after it has been even worse.
>>
>>64250179
This is pure rose-tinted goggles. As someone who was born after the original trilogy, I rank it like this:
1. A New Hope; it's Star Wars
2. Return of the Jedi; Empire Strikes Back means nothing without RotJ
3. Empire Strikes Back; most overrated film of all time
4. The Force Awakens; it's fun
5. The Revenge of the Sith; the most informative in the prequel trilogy
6. The Phantom Menace; 16 years and people got Binked
7. Attack of the Clones; great first half, and then nap time
>>
A movie with a plot and main characters automatically makes it a better film than one without.
>>
>>64248794
>>64248971
2. I know the dark jar jar theory is shit, but If you watch the first with it in mind It actually makes it fun to watch
>>
>>64251226
> It's fun

Kill yourself.
>>
I get chills every time

Darth Maul just looked like such a badass with that splash of red on all black. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMylmOlot4g
>>
>>64251269
Did you know that George Lucas works at 343 Industries?
>>
>>64250977
>What is the jedi council shitting all over him
Something that doesn't happen in any of the movies.
>>
>>64248794

AotC
>>
>>64250663
This anon knows whats up.

If you feel any empathy for Anakin throughout any of the prequels, then there is something fucking wrong with you. Literally zero logic, rational decision making, likable characteristics, motivation, etc.

Worst. Character. Ever.

>Wait -- what did you say -- about Mein Kompf?

in b4 "sure is reddit in here" memes
>>
>>64251384
Go watch WHAT IF THE PHANTOM MENACE WAS GOOD? on YouTube.
>>
>>64251233
TFA is just as all over the place with its characters as TPM is with its, and TPM has a more coherent story to boot. Why do I not hear this complaint levied against it then?
>>
The Empire Strikes Back > A New Hope > Return of the Jedi > Revenge of the Sith > The Force Awakens > Attack of the Clones > The Phantom Menace

Look deep into your heart, /tv/. You know I'm right.
>>
>>64251158
The only reasons to watch are for Obi-Wan's very nonsensical detective story, and for the Yoda fight scene.

And I seem to be the only one who actually likes it.
>>
File: ngbbs4d81d170920d4.jpg (12 KB, 267x259) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs4d81d170920d4.jpg
12 KB, 267x259
>thread about prequels only
>passive aggresive shilling "but it's better than TFA!!" ;_;
You can almost feel the shitposters anal pain.
>>
>>64251406
what's sad is that if you just replace Hayden Christiansen with any competent actor and just re-shape the dialogue a little you get a half-way decent movie.

>>64251436
4>6>5>1>3>7>2
>>
>>64251406
Anakin's mom was raped and murdered. Anakin's best friend lies to him in order to mold him into his own apprentice. The Jedi use Anakin as a pawn. Guy was a slave.

Yeah, I feel sorry for the guy.
>>
>>64249235
>>even worse villian than I

do people actually unironically hate darth maul?
>>
>>64251447
>And I seem to be the only one who actually likes it.
You can like it all you want, just don't call it a "Good movie."
>>
I is literally one of the best (if not the best) star wars movie
>>
>>64251384
It literally happens in 3 though when they dont grant him the title of master, and is alluded to in both 1 and 2 with their distrust. Right before he breaks though in 3 they also ask him to spy on sheev, whos basically his number 2 friend.
>>
>>64251447
And what are the reasons to watch TPM? The podrace and the duel.

AOTC has actual characters, the tusken slaughter, the battle of geonosis, a wonderful opening chase. It offers so much more than TPM, but you reddit fags get hung up on the romance and cgi.
>>
>>64251165
Yeah good thing the droid army landed on the exact opposite side of Naboo so they had a reason to go through the planet core, right?

Cuz otherwise there would be no reason to explore that world. Because the two form a symbiont circle, obviously. That one city and that underwater city are so connected, the world building is amazing. If you can't see how amazing the interconnectedness of everything is you must be retarded.
>>
>>64248971
Would you Kindly shut the fuk up?
>>
>>64251421
>Coherent story
TFA has godsend pacing and has a story that is proven to work. The Phantom Menace is just a clusterfuck of ideas in varying signifance thrown together. Why do I need to know that Obi-Wan was on a space ship trying to stop muh barricades?
Why was the Vice Roy even there? These characters are tacked on. You can't be nostalgic for the prequels and not for shit like Gwen Stefani, Britney Spears and Nelly Furtado, you'd sound like a hipster.
>>
>>64251226

ESB
ANH
TFA
ROTJ
TPM
ROTS
AotC
>>
>>64248794
Nine year old Annie "are you an angle" Skywalker and Jar Jar stumps shitty romance story of episode II. The Phantom Menace is simply terrible and only redeemable by the podrace, Darth Maul, and Liam Nesson's presence.
>>
>>64251594
>godsend pacing
Star Wars are epic movies. Epic movies have slow pacing.

The point of the viceroy was to show the development of the Clone Wars in a manner that felt natural and real.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (388 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
388 KB, 1920x1080
Which was the best review?

Which was the worst?
>>
>>64251597
Why is Empire Strikes Back at the top? What if Episode 6 was never made and Star Wars just ended on a low note?
>>
>>64251474
There is nothing to hate nor nothing to love.
Maul isn't even a character, it's the final boss of a videogame that Lucas decided HAD to be at the end of every movie because he's autistic.
>>
>>64251553
>when they dont grant him the title of master
FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, I SHOULD BE A JEDI MASTER BECAUSE MY CREEPY UNCLE PULLED STRINGS AND GOT ME A SEAT ON THE COUNCIL I DIDN'T EARN!

Anakin is literally made of dogshit.
>>
File: 1445947936637.png (74 KB, 573x713) Image search: [Google]
1445947936637.png
74 KB, 573x713
>>64248794
>
by a thousand miles Clones is the worst
>>64248853
>shitting on ANH
gtfo
>>
>>64249410
Just sounds like Clones is too sophisticated for you.
>>
The Phantom Menace had Jar Jar, but at least it felt like a complete movie with a plot that progressed smoothly from beginning, middle and end.

Attack of the Clones felt like a bunch of ideas jumbled up and forced together and none of the ideas were good.
>>
>>64251664
Maul is like a whisper, a hint of darkness to come. If he was more of a personality there wouldn't be room for Vader to emerge in the next two movies. And he was a great villain.
>>
>>64251659
3. It's a great overview over what is wrong with the prequels without droning on about minor details that don't matter.
>>
>>64251470
Yeah, Sand niggers suck.

But bottom line is that he is a student. Not a pawn. That is why he is training, hence the title apprentice. I don't feel sorry for his angsty teenage bullshit.

He was cocky and constantly gave everyone shit. I don't think he had a single "healthy" relationship.
>>
>>64251233

I never watched RLM review until today

Well, I just watched TPM Part I review

The thing about the characters: well, TFA has a protagonist, Rey, but the rest are just as plain and one-dimensional as they are in TPM.

When they go all "what can you say about Qui Gon?"

Well I could say "he's a wise and serious guy, kind of a philosopher" or sth like that, not just "has a beard".

It felt pretty exagerated.

Now tell me what can you say about...

Rey: cute and superpowered
Finn: coward and spagetti
Poe: cocky
Meme Ren: wannabe Vader angsty emo kid

They have not more depth.

Btw, they seem to forget in that review that Amidala doesn't just have srs bsns queen scenes, she also has scenes with Anakin where you can see more the way she is.
>>
>>64251573
What happens when one of the 50 species of godzillas that live in the oceans of naboo pop up in the middle of Theed?
>>
>>64251639
So then why do the prequels have an anti-matter pacing?
>>
>>64251594
TFA is literally 2 movies hacked into 1 at Mazs place, "map to luke" is at least 10 times more retarded than planetary disputes, the closest thing to a mc it has is han or maybe kylo, both of which are awful, and the only pace it has is CHASES AND SPLOSIOOOONS or rarely spewing exposition in preperation for them.
>>
>>64251787
There is no such thing as a bad plot, only a plot that's poorly executed.
>>
>>64251683
Clones is a transitional film. Of course it isn't going to have a traditional structure like TPM.
>>
>>64251711
At least you tried.
>>
>>64251831
there's such a thing as a plot that proceeds entirely on coincidences and contrivances, though, and TFA had that kind of plot.
>>
>>64248794
Almost hard to call, until you actually parse it out.

TPM:
Had a non-character as the primary antagonist.
Had a dumb kid.
Had a non-character as one of the primary protagonists.
Ruined the Force.
Jar Jar.

AOTC:
Had a badly written and handled villain that had the potential to be interesting.
Had Natalie Portman on screen for 70% of the film.

I think the choice is obvious.
>>
>>64251673
>>64251673
>Clones is the worst
I managed to re-watch 45 mins of AOTC, i didn't even manage to re-watch 30 mins of Phantom Menace.
>>
>>64251831
No. Treasure hunting for luke is a pretty shitty plot for a follow up to RotJ, before all the rest like character resets for Leia and Han even get into the picture. I don't think theres any way possible it could have been done well, and the only reason it was done at all was so they didn't just have starkiller plans (which you can really tell they should have been)
>>
Daily reminder that TFA has the best storytelling and cinematography of any Star Wars movie
>>
>>64251756
Seriously? Thats the best you can come up with? A reaching speculation that makes no sense?

The Gungans are maintaing the evil beasts in the water from the depths of the ocean on the other side of the planet?
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 412x433) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 412x433
>>64249434
Wait a minute...
Who's cuqqing who here?
>>
>>64252011
nice meme!
>>
>>64251922
Clones has so much more going for it. This TPM is somehow better meme needs to die. TPM is the worst. The story is boring. There's no character development. Jar Jar. I could go on and on.
>>
>>64252011
Needed more shaky cam and pinpoint focused action shots tbqh
>>
>>64252011
kill yourself
>>
>>64252011
>JJ abrahms
>cinematography
>>
1>2>3
>>
>>64251664

>I can't enjoy a movie if I don't get to know the villiain on a personal level, his motivations and shit

I'd rather not know Meme Ren's motivations are "I just wanna be like grandpa" and "I hate dad" .Even thought you don't know why he hates dad, or why would anybody hate Solo or Leia as their parents. Are they going to transform Solo into some kind of always drunk dad? Pls no.

I'd rather not know he has childish tantrums.

I'd rather just enjoy an aesthetically great scene like the duel in TPM, with well managed tension and a supreme theme like Duel of the Fates, knowing no shit about who Darth Maul is or where he comes from, than the fight between the emo angsty kid and the coward nigger that ends in such a well managed way: no one dies 'cause earth opens in half. Not to mention that you're all the duel wondering how the fuck are these two amateurs holding a fight against the emo kid that looked so overpowered on the first scene, freezing blaster shots in the air and shit.
>>
>>64251226
I agree with Return of the Jedi>Empire strikes back.
>>
>>64252175
>Look mom, I'm retarded!
>>
>>64252336
Yes. Yes you are.
>>
>>64252018
Them shits was in the planet core, and ain't no god damned gunga going to spook a colo claw.
>>
>>64251922
>"the prequels ruined star wars"
qq
>>
>>64248794
Episode 2.
First is boring, but also kind of interesting.
Second is just stupid from start to finish, with nothing noteworthy.
>>
>>64248794
One is complete shit, one if half shitty love story, half decent star wars movie.
>>
>>64252175
>can't defend the absolute void that is Maul so he brings up TFA for no reason
Classic.
>>
>>64252532
How is AOTC less interesting than TPM? AOTC actually connects to the saga, while TPM is a Hobbit esq introductory and completely disconnected from the rest of the saga.
>>
File: 1364196508784.jpg (711 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
1364196508784.jpg
711 KB, 2560x1920
Should Disney remake the prequels?
>>
>>64252889
It amazes me how people let the loves story torpedo the entire film. Yeah, it's facepalm worthy, but not anymore than Jar Jar's antics and Jake Loyd's acting.
>>
AOTC, they gave a mediocre actor bad lines
>>
>>64252977
They wont. Theyll steal parts from them and get 2 or 3 movies out of each instead.
>>
>>64252977
No and they never will.

The prequel era is incredibly popular especially among kids. It would do nothing but harm their 4 billion dollar brand.
>>
>>64253041
> Mediocre acting and awkward dialogue

Sounds like a Star Wars film.
>>
>prequels are bad

t. reddit
>>
>>64248794
Episode II is the worst of all.
Episode III is the second worst.
Episode I is the third.
Episode VI is next.
Episode IV is after that.
Episode V is the best.
Haven't seen the new one. Based on the ranking above, where does it go?
>>
>>64253372
Right in the middle
>>
>>64251226
>As someone who was born after the original trilogy
this means nothing when everyone else has the same "qualification"
>>
File: LawrenceKasdan.jpg (30 KB, 459x594) Image search: [Google]
LawrenceKasdan.jpg
30 KB, 459x594
1. Empire Strikes Back
2. The Force Awakens
3. A New Hope
4. Return of the Jedi
>>
>>64249524
Hello reddit
>>
>>64253953
hey reddit
>>
>>64254324

redditor detected
>>
File: bravo_lucas.webm (1 MB, 660x272) Image search: [Google]
bravo_lucas.webm
1 MB, 660x272
>>64248794
1 was boring
2 was embarrassing
>>
>>64254569
> Jar Jar not embarassing

AOTC is only embarrassing because of the dialogue, but it has a much more mature and sophisticated story.
>>
File: th.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
>>64254504
>>
They are both some of the worst films ever.

But they are both a million times better than The Force Awakens.
>>
>>64255042

TELL THAT TO KANJIKLUB!
>>
>>64249422
Liam Neeson died in Gangs of New York...
>>
File: 27797_htf3heao2e_123_248lo.jpg (369 KB, 2048x1371) Image search: [Google]
27797_htf3heao2e_123_248lo.jpg
369 KB, 2048x1371
>>64248794
Your mammas sweet ass.
plz don't ban me
>>
>>64251922
if you are starting Qui Gon as the non-character as one of the primary protags, isn't this the same as bringing in Obi Wan into Ep 4 without any back story?
>>
EP 1 pros: Darth Maul, Podracing
EP 2 pros: Fett vs Obi Wan
EP 3 pros: Grevious

God, they are all bad
>>
>>64255526
TFA pros: Nothing
>>
>>64255570
I liked the part where I managed to get refunded for watching it because of my gibbering rage.
>>
>>64249235
>complaining about portman's midriff

Leave
>>
>>64255526
>EP 3 pros: Grevious

You mean Sheev.
>>
>>64255526
>fett
you blew it
>>
Only thing I remember vividly from Ep 2 was the Jedi's charging the droids and Jango getting Mace Dindu'd.

At least Ep 1 had podracing, Duel of the Fates, and the Maul fight.
Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.