[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did people think the Clone Wars were before the prequels?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (3 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 1920x1200
What did people think the Clone Wars were before the prequels?
>>
>>64247777
Jedi vs evil jedi clones xd
>>
>>64247777
I assumed wars over cloning, such as technology or facilities? Assuming it would be some pretty high level shit
>>
In my head canon, the clone wars refer to intergalactic wars fought when a space empire started using clones as cheap manual labor, which was unethical and went against the moral codes of the universe (think along the lines of like the geneva convention) and threatened to upset the balance of power, so a confederation of systems led by the Jedi Order went to war to outlaw cloning.

The whole thing parallels the American Civil War and slavery.

There you go, that's my idea and I know it's stupid but at least there's clearly defined heroes and villains in this scenario which is more than the prequels have going for them.
>>
>>64247777
That line in a new hope was actually a special edition change. Luke's original line was: "You fought in the Star Wars?"
>>
Imperial clones fucking up everybody's shit and wiping out a ton of Jedi.
>>
>>64247997
jesus christ really?
>>
>>64247997
Prove it.
>>
>>64247997
What??
>>
>>64248037
No, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>64247777
Why weren't they called the droid wars?
>>
>>64247939
This.

Like religious wars, a long bloody nightmare in which pure numbers of clones won battles but battles never ended because spawn more clones. Kind of like DOTA
>>
I thought it was Jedi vs some sort of alien clone soldiers.

I refuse to believe Lucas intended the Clones to be the good guys all along.
>>
>>64247777
t b h naming the wars the "Clone Wars" would be like naming the American Civil War the "Slavery War". It sounds fucking stupid for a large-scale galactic conflict honestly

That being said I'm surprised how George Lucas actually managed to make the concept/premise of the Wars themselves convincing and plausible, all things considered. Could've been much worse.
>>
File: sw-clone.jpg (71 KB, 989x611) Image search: [Google]
sw-clone.jpg
71 KB, 989x611
>>64248044
>>64248052
>>64248064
>>64248037

i have the laserdic version and he says star wards
>>
File: image_13.jpg (99 KB, 659x659) Image search: [Google]
image_13.jpg
99 KB, 659x659
>>64248037
>>64248044
>>64248052
>>64248064
Can confirm it is true.

Source: I'm George Lucas
>>
File: 1430131970636.png (166 KB, 355x642) Image search: [Google]
1430131970636.png
166 KB, 355x642
>>64247997
>>64248167
Low tier bait.
>>
>>64248160
It's a ripoff of the butlerian jihad from dune where they kill the thinking machines.
>>
>>64247777
I thought it was just meant to sound cool and didn't have any literal meaning. Kind of like how World War I is referred to as The Great War, I thought maybe it was The Clone Wars because there were so many of these wars.

Then Lucas went and added in literal fucking clones and ruined it all.
>>
>>64247977
This sounds a lot better than the shit clones we got.
>>
A group of aliens that read up on all the greatest wars that had happened throughout the history of the galaxy and decided to clone them for their own amusement
>>
>>64248205
kek
>>
>I assumed
>therefore Lucas is in the wrong, not me
>>
File: tumblr_lwb0xmixDu1r3blmpo1_500.jpg (61 KB, 454x675) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lwb0xmixDu1r3blmpo1_500.jpg
61 KB, 454x675
I am old fag, so much of the information available in the late 80's was about the war being between the Mandolorians and Jedi.
>>
>>64248598
FIFFY DOLLA BILL!
FIFFY DOLLA BILL!
>>
>>64248526
>canon slave with no imagination
>>
>>64247777
Bad guys are clones.

I like that he didn't do this.
>>
>>64248244
>Going to war against an army of muslim butlers
sounds good
>>
>>64248598
Ford definitely had data as his cabin boy.
>>
>>64248713
>my imagination generated by a single throwaway line overrules authorial intent

This has to be bait.
>>
I saw on some behind camara shit that the info about the clone wars at the time of the original trilogy was very basic and minimal. It was about some invantion by a planet inhabited by clones only and the jedi get involved. I guess it was not as relevant backstory to give lots of info about it, and then when the precuels get produced I assume Lucas want to recycle the idea and do to the lack of info about it he could do what ever fits the story better
>>
A cold war between the republic and another galactic empire that escalated into a full blown conflict that utilized clones as sleeper agents on both fronts that either captured or killed the original to get into strategic positions. It got so bad that the Jedi, originally a neutral faction, were brought in to hunt down clones Blade Runner style, using their knowledge of the force to tell foe from friend.
That in it self created a rift within the order as intergalactic politics forced them to choose sides, and former friends saw each other at opposing sides. Within the chaos a new faction arose that offered a way out of this careless bloodshed. A fascist regime that played on the fear and the hatred of the tired and frightened populace by promising a no tolerance policy towards clones or those pesky Jedi.
>>
There used to be a popular fan theory that Obi-Wan was a clone.

Some old fans still refer to him as OB-1.
>>
It was a meaningless term designed to imply backstory and character traits without being too verbose about it

He could have said the Mandalorian wars for all you care

That's what Lucas never got. It was never about this or that specific thing as a literal interpretation. It was more about emotion, mystery and legacy.

By over explaining the lore he killed Star Wars forever.
>>
>>64249168
Then JJ pisses all over the grave by going to the extreme opposite and having random things just happen with no rhyme and reason whatever

Just how fucking hard is storytelling 101? You explain the things that are important to understanding the story and gloss over the stuff that is irrelevant.
>>
>>64248982
Not bad at all. Better than most of the tripe in this thread.

Only problem is the empire arose from within the republic, we knew this from ANH itself and from the prologue to the novelization. It was corporations and bureaucracy (the CIS and the corrupt senate in the prequels) that caused the clone wars, not an outside empire.
>>
>>64247777
In my headcanon the Confederacy of Indie Rock was cloning old school Sith and Dark Jedi to fight alongside the armies the planets had, and Coruscant actually had effects from the war which is part of how Palpatine got public support, and ppl supported the troops more because they were actual citizens and not just the average Joe. Then anti-Jedi sentiment because Jedi being kinda shits and then force battles being so destructive is what led to Order 66

before Attack of the Clones my guess was basically just a more basic version of that
>>
>>64249395
not just the throwaway clone*

I had actual citizen and average joe in my head at the same time and was reading a skype notif while typing
>>
>>64248963
Hmmm... I was expecting a little more, but I think this make sense
>>
>>64249548
I'm pretty sure the idea that Vader and Obi-Wan duelled next to lava is also very old. I'm not sure where the information was originally from but I remember reading about it as a kid from somewhere.
>>
>>64249735
Actually that's right, Lucas had the idea of Obi wan and Anaking fighting on a lava planet where Aanaking get all cut off and burn
>>
It was thought that clones were a species and Lando was a clone.

No, I'm serious.
>>
>>64249832
Somehow I always thought that Anakin's transition to full-blown cyborg Vader was gradual, though. Like he got chopped one limb at a time in various battles and slowly became more machine than man, and at the same time started succumbing more to the dark side (possibly because being less human made him more susceptible to its influence).
>>
>>64247777

>more than one "clone war" - the republic crumbling as planets keep randomly building clone armies all over the place and the republic has to go in to put them down
>Mandos stuck on Mandalore, dying off basically until Palpatine (still a senator) tempts them into building a clone army to regain "muh honour". They start annexing worlds. The Republic sendss a fleet to blockade them; an uneasy cold war sets in
>Republic fights the Mandos.
>Obi-Wan Kenobi reads through the Jedi archives and sees how much of a threat Mandalorians can be from the KOTOR era; decides to go on a "damn fool idealistic crusade" to prevent the war through diplomacy (in keeping with his OT personality)
>His friend and former pupil Anakin Skywalker leaps at the chance, but because he craves adventure (pottery)
>They turn up but Palpatine sabotages the talks so it turns into a full-blown war
>Obi-Wan calls the Jedi for back-up; some respond but the majority of them do not, on the basis that "wars do not make one great" and other hippy-tier shit (on the instigation of yoda)
>>
>>64250447
Why are people so beholden to Obi-Wan's comments in ANH? The guy is a shady liar that fed Luke an idealized spiel to get him to come along. He and Yoda hoped to essentially use Luke as a weapon to assassinate his father and the emperor without him knowing the truth, or at least without him learning until it was already irrelevant.

I really don't get how the prequels are apparently at fault for something Return of the Jedi did decades ago.
>>
A war with cloned aliens and shit. That's it.
>>
>>64249955
This

"He's more machine than man... *now*"
>>
>>64249955
Oh, you mean like it happened in the movies?

He first lost his hand in Episode 2, then started falling to the dark side and then lost half his body
>>
>>64251575
That's just how all the sequels made him look like

In the original movie he just told Luke how things were. Luke had a father who was a war hero who was betrayed and killed by the evil Vader.
>>
>>64251705
I meant more gradually than that
>>
>>64251717
>That's just how all the sequels made him look like
>something Return of the Jedi did decades ago

Yeah, no shit.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.