[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wish the ages of all the characters could've been locked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
I wish the ages of all the characters could've been locked at the first movie and we just got movies of them in their adventures in the big and mysterious Hogwarts.

This shit SUCKS
>>
i see where you're coming from t b h
>>
What?
>>
>>64244802

I wish Emma Watson never grew up. Not because of a cunny thing, but because she grew up to be a massive pretentious cunt
>>
File: books-for-thought.jpg (1 MB, 1596x2852) Image search: [Google]
books-for-thought.jpg
1 MB, 1596x2852
Are you surprised? Harry Potter was easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the seriesüf only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but itüfs certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books are g-g-good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King
>>
This is why 2d will always be superior
>>
>>64244966
*tips*
>>
>>64244802
i wish ron wouldn't have become such a jealous cunt
>>
I agree with OP but I liked all of the first 4.
>>
>>64244999
That's a troll chart anon
>>
the only thing i liked past the first 3 films was the dumbledore vs voldemort fight
>>
>>64245745
not same guy, but is it all a troll chart or is it just the shit tiers?
>>
File: 56943420.0[1].jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
56943420.0[1].jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
>>64244802
HOL UP ARRY
>>
>>64244999
Fucking based.
>>
>>64245897
All of it
Some of the god-tier are pretty controversial within /lit/
The high-tier are considered pretty meh
Putting How to Read a Film higher than Sculpting in Time is just to piss people off
Some of the low-tier are great like Notes from Underground or Shakespeare
Alice in Wonderland is good
>>
>>64244802
Philosopher's Stone Emma Watson is prime age for Emma Watson PRIME AGE
>>
>>64244999
Good pasta with dubs trips
>>
>>64245790
The Dumbledore vs Voldemort fight should have been the end. With Dumbledore winning and Voldemort dying also Helluva Bottom Carters character dying after she killed you know who spoiler
>>
>>64244802
As evidence by the second book/movie, it would have just been the same "adventure" over and over again with the magical creatures and macguffins swapped around.

So your idea is fucking stupid.
>>
>>64244802
the 3rd one just completley destroys the logic of the story. How is this franchise still so popular?
>>
The final movie was the best anyway imo
>>
>>64245900
>horribly disgusting
>rotting fucked up teeth
>shirt hair

All the things I think about when I think Hermione. And notice how I didn't even mention skin color?
>>
>>64244966
And because of the cunny thing.
>>
>>64248949
you just did, at the end
rayciss cracka
>>
File: image.jpg (809 KB, 1806x2560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
809 KB, 1806x2560
Would you?
>>
>>64249197
Who wouldn't?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.