[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the biggest pile of shit to win or be nominated for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: OSCARS.jpg (48 KB, 500x606) Image search: [Google]
OSCARS.jpg
48 KB, 500x606
What's the biggest pile of shit to win or be nominated for an Oscar?
>>
Crash

/thread
>>
>>64242884
>>
File: HLposterUSA2.jpg (186 KB, 295x459) Image search: [Google]
HLposterUSA2.jpg
186 KB, 295x459
>>
>>64242943
That was fast
>>
Hey guys, remember Argo? What a classic.

A movie to define our times.

A milestone in filmmaking.
>>
>nominated
A Clockwork Orange
>won
Crash
>>
>>64242884

basically every movie that wins is a candidate for that award these days OP. The King's Speech, The Artist, Crash, Shakespeare in Love, Chicago, etc etc etc

they're all trash
>>
>>64242943
you cant /thread your own thread retard
>>
>>64242943
This pretty much, awful clichéd bag of slippery wet dog poop
>>
>>64242884
Frozen
>>
Annie Hall
>>
Jamie Foxx.
>>
>>64243082
The 10s are very similar to the 80s I think. The acclaimed movies are mostly documentaries and popcorn blockbusters. There are very few good films meant for normal adults, and the Oscar winner movies are pretty much mediocre if not downright shit. Almost as irrelevant as The Emmies.

The 90s and 00s was pretty good, but I just feel pity for anyone watching movies in this decade, pretty terrible IMO
>>
>>64242884
Titanic
>>
TLOR, easily.
>>
gonna be real hard to dethrone crash
>>
>>64243508
There's no sense of a change either.

We'll hopefully get a backlash to the big Hollywood machine if it ever crashes, but right now, the gap between the multibillion dollar corporation movies and the tiny independent ones is only getting bigger.

Only established, acclaimed film makers are allowed to make the films inbetween.
>>
File: IMG_20150828_211705.jpg (22 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150828_211705.jpg
22 KB, 300x250
>>64242943
Race Card - The Movie
>>
>>64243508
I hate to sound like a pseudo-patrician but I agree. The crop of "real movies" has been a shitpile the last few years. I'd fall back to animation if it weren't for the fact that there's been a dearth of good animated movies lately too. Not to imply that Pixar and Ghibli make up the entire world of animation, but both of their relatively lacking outputs lately have been so depressing.

It's fucking bizarre to say that Mad Max 4 was the best movie of the year.
>>
>>64243070
not in the same fucking year faggot
>>
>>64242884
Black swan
>>
>>64242990
>>>/k/
>>
>>64243930
wouldnt that be "dear white people"
>>
>>64243067
Argo fuck yourself.
>>64243082
The King's Speech was fine, anon.
>>
The Artist
>>
>>64242884

Argo

The Master should've won and you know it
>>
Shakespeare in love won over Saving Private Ryan
>>
Silver Linings Playbook
American Hustle

basically anything with JLaw
>>
File: american-hustle-poster-636-380.jpg (218 KB, 636x941) Image search: [Google]
american-hustle-poster-636-380.jpg
218 KB, 636x941
>>64242943
Damn, I thought I'd be the only one to mention it.
>>64243930
It wasn't even a "race card"; it was just some well-to-do white guy pretending he knows the dynamics the make up racial disparity in America.
It's offensively maudlin and trivializes something as massive as systematic racism/racism in general.

To keep it thread related:
>pic related
>>
>>64244837
Thin Red Line should've won over both
>>
>>64242943
You can thank Ebert for that, he single handedly caused it to win the oscar
>>
Jennifer Lawrence is garbage
>>
Last Year Boyhood and American Sniper were bleh....
>>
Greatest Show on Earth
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.