[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the revenant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
sooo.. why is no one talking about this? i'm seein somewhat average reviews from the critics. totally forgot about it till somebody brought it up in conversation and remembered it came out a few days ago. did nobody watch it?
>>
it hasnt had a wide release near me yet, comes out the 8th
>>
typical oscar bait BS
>>
>>64241975
>sooo.. why is no one talking about this?
OP is a gawddarn treenigger squrl summabitch
>>
because the movie is quality and no substance. too many scenes that are there for the sake of imagery that doesn't connect to anything other than muh pretty scene. and the ending doesn't make any sense at all and sucks
>>
>>64242341
>substance
What did he mean by this?
>>
No hairy indian pussy, shit movie.
>>
>>64242341
He died and saw his dead tree nigger wife what is there not to get?
>>
>>64241975
i wanted to take a long warm shower throughout the whole film
>>
>>64242341
>the ending doesn't make any sense at all and sucks
I agree that is too much coincidence that the indians appear at the climax of the fight, but it made sense.
>>
>>64242510
that's fine, but I'm not talking about that.
in real life Fitzgerald left to Texas and successfully joined the army, Glass couldn't kill him, instead we got him getting the money and run away to a forest to foil the 2 good guys. you'd think with all that time he would've set up traps for them than wait behind a fucking rock just to scalp Henry
and the fact that he looks into the camera and ends with him breathing is fucking terrible
>>
>>64241975
More like
>The Irrelevant
>>
>>64242657
I would have been really fucking dissapointed if Fitzgerald just left for Texas and the movie ended there.
>>
Why didn't Leo just kill the big guy? Why did he let the Indians do it? Why did the Indians attack Leo every time they saw him?
>>
>>64241975
It's not out yet.
>>
>>64242764
that's real life, Glass never got his revenge but he got his rifle back.
>>
>>64241975
The bear rape scene was brutal
>>
>>64242898
Real life doesn't always make interesting movies
>>
>>64242898
I bet you got mad after watching Braveheart too, didn't you, faggot?

It's not about telling the realistic history, it's about telling a stand alone story based on a real life event. Now the overall point was weak (le ebil guise always get their comeuppance) compared to Braveheart, but Revenent was not that bad.
>>
>>64243077
better than completely betraying the character
>>
File: revenant.png (221 KB, 853x356) Image search: [Google]
revenant.png
221 KB, 853x356
gorgeous film familia
>>
>>64243138
It's a fucking movie. There's no betraying the character just twisting the events to make it a more exciting and fulfilling ending. The audience wants closure so that's what we get.
>>
>>64243118
except the difference between Braveheart and Revenant is that Braveheart managed to be good from start to end while the Revenant can't even keep a cohesive story
>>
>>64243270
What was incohesive?
>>
>>64241975
>why is no one talking about this?
Is this a new meme? That's literally how every thread about this movie starts.
>>
>>64243312
He just hated that the white man lost and doesn't want to accept that for once, he DID actually deserve that end. He was a lazy cowardly faggot who was going to let one man die for no reason, and he killed some kid in the process. Fuck him.
>>
He was buried right
>>
>>64243594
Yeah i know what was going on but nothing seemed incohesive. All the decisions made sense in the given moments and no one acted retarded.
>>
>>64243312

It was a perfect movie. If /tv/ doesn't like it is a good sign.
>>
Why didn't Indianbro help him get back to a village at the end?
>>
>>64243423
it's called shilling, it's a board feature.
>>
Its not out yet
>>
>>64241975
It's not out yet
>>
Its not out yet
>>
>>64241975
I feel like critics are over-correcting after most of them lost their shit for a very average Birdman. They started reevaluating that and found it's not as good as they told everyone it was so now they're beating the shit out of this one.
>>
It is absolute boring shit and should be your go to movie if you want to know how not to make one.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.