[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rey isn't Luke's daughter, you blind fucks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 2
>Rey intuits the force like a Mary fucking Sue
>Uses Jedi Mind trick without being aware that this was even a course of action available to her
>Fends of Kylo Ren 'somehow' mentally
>Fends of Kylo Ren 'somehow' with a lightsaber
>Martial artist in addition to other Mary-Sue shit

Okay take a seat. The movie is still shit, and it's still bad, and none of what I am about to propose will change the fact that none of this information is available in TFA, so it's still lazy writing.

Here's what the story will actually turn out to be:

>Luka begins training some padawans after Return of the Jedi, begins to rebuild the Jedi Order.
>Kylo Ren is one of his older students, and turns on Luke
This much we know
>Kylo Ren goes full Annakin on him, and kills all of the younglings and new Padawans
>This allows Snoke and Ren to have a clear path forward (Rule of Two and all) for the Sith
>No more Jedi
>Rey was one of Luke's padawans as a young, young child.
>Kylo somehow missed Rey, or Luke saved her or whatever--the survived Kylo's massacre
>Luke takes her (the two of them, among the very last Jedi) and leaves her on backwoods shit nobody planet Jakku (Tattooine) so she will be lost and protected from Kylo and Snoke
>Leaves her under the watchful eye of Lor San Tekka

This explains (albeit in a shitty, JJ Abrams kind of way) why:

>Rey had her weird vision when she touched Lukes lightsaber: she remembered being left on Jakku and not understanding why
>Rey has skills with a lightsaber: she was trained in early childhood to some non-negligable degree by Luke himself
>Rey could use the force seconds after being exposed to it: She spent her early childhood being trained, again, by Luke in using the Force or whatever
>Rey knew what a Jedi mind trick even fucking was: exposure to Luke and his training again
>The non-verbal exchange made by Luke and Rey at the end of the movie. If she hadn't remembered him yet, Luke knew who she was, and realized his plan had worked.

On to Episode 8
>>
>>64240498

Except we know that Ren and Snoke aren't Sith, so the rule of 2 doesn't matter anymore.
>>
>>64240703
Even if that's the case, it doesn't really effect the theory at all.

Ren axed all the Jedi annakin style to mop them up out of Ren and Snoke's, and the First Order's way.
>>
>>64240703
How do we know that? Because JJ said so? Aaww.
>>
It's literally confirmed on Disney Infinity that she is Luke's daughter, just stop this
>>
My theory:

Each of the main characters is the reincarnation of one of the ghosts at the end of Episode 6.
Kylo Ren is Ben Kenobi.
Finn is Qui Gonn(?)
Snoke is Yoda.
Rey is Anakin. It's her lightsaber by right.

All their roles are essentially reversed. Balance.
>>
>>64240833
Gonna have to source that or shut the fuck up
>>
>>64240833
where does it say that?
>>
>>64240775
word, that could all be true, plus she's also Luke's daughter
>>
>>64240837
Bait? Or is this truly how the Star Wars fanbase does critical thinking?
>>
>>64240884
>>64240886

Just found it. Go to 20:30 in this video and listen to what Ren yells:
>"Face me, cousin!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNXRZd5vkdo
>>
>>64241043
Kylo says
>"Face me, curses!"
>>
>>64241162
ehhh its pretty clearly 'cousin,' you sound like you're reaching pretty hard with curses
>>
>>64241393
You must be joking.
>>
>>64240498
I don't think Kylo Ren killed all the younglings and Padawans, he doesn't look old enough to do that.

It's probably some weird shit like Luke almost turning into the dark side, or Luke being incapable of protecting his Padawans and the younglings from Snoke.

Just imagine
>Luke training his Padawans and Kylo
>Snoke appears
>Snoke kill all Padawans and younglings
>Snoke knows Kylo has the potential to become a sith like Vader.
>Snoke takes Kylo (Kylo ends up kinda wanting to go)
>Luke leaves because he feels guilty as he couldn't protect kylo and the rest of his students.
>>
>>64241393
He says 'curses' because his line is interrupted by his hitsound
>>
>>64241393
>This is a clip from a video of one of Disney Infinity The Force Awakens’ final battles. It was originally posted to YouTube by Angry Joe, who at first heard what you may have heard—”Face me, Cousin!” Fans have been speculating about the lineage of the Force-sensitive female lead Rey since was introduced in early trailers for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
>Only he doesn’t call her “cousin.” As Angry Joe later realized, hence the removal of his video, is that what Kylo Ren is saying is “Face me!”, which is quickly interrupted by “Curses!” when he suffers damage.
>Case closed! We can all go home—oh wait, Twitter is still talking about it. Sites have posted about it. People wanting to believe the Disney Infinity folks could be so boneheaded are saying that no, he definitely says “cousin” and that “Face me, curses!” makes no sense.

http://kotaku.com/no-disney-infinity-is-not-spoiling-star-wars-episode-v-1749629781
>>
File: rey-of-arc.jpg (759 KB, 1010x2048) Image search: [Google]
rey-of-arc.jpg
759 KB, 1010x2048
One day you will worship me.
>>
>>64241043
I am hearing a S at the end. So I am gonna go with Curses.
>>
>>64240498
Of course not, it's his wifes daughter
>>
>>64241444
>>64241518
>>64242087

You guys are right, if you watch to the end, they boss fight ends in the snow and one she lands another hit on him he just shouts 'curses' exactly the same

OP's probably exactly right
>>
>>64240498
That doesn't explain the lightsaber at all - Luke hasn't wielded the weapon for almost 30 years, and they make a point of noting that it was originally Anakin's - and note how it has been passed down the generations.

OP is a faggot.
>>
Didn't Luke lose Anakin's lightsaber in the original films anyway?
>>
>>64240781
They dont have 'Darth' titles
>>
who cares about Rey

fuck this boring ass insert with no personality
>>
i want to tie her up in my basement, burn her with cigarettes and urinate on her
>>
>>64243788
Was in his hand when it got cut off by Darth Vader.
>>
>>64240498
Kylo hid her on Jakku, it's pretty obvious senpai
>>
I think Rey should be someone "new". Not a Skywalker, Solo, Kenobi, whatever.
>>
>>64244016
Neither did Senator Palpatine, or so everyone thought.
>>
>>64244091
id insert into that ass an- nah, she's too pure
>>
>>64244701
His name was Darth Sidious, although desu the fact he was happy to go by aliases in almost literally every instance puts a bit of doubt on the whole 'we don't see them calling each Darth X so they can't be Sith idea'.
>>
>>64240703
Isn't there a separate group of Sith that hid away and never had the rule of 2?
>>
It looked like little Rey was wearing Jedi clothes when she was being abandoned?

>>64244292
Weird, I got the same idea while watching the movie. Kylo also got really mad when he heard something about a girl on Jakku so I thought that he must have been aware that there is a powerful girl living there.
>>
>>64246354
>Kylo also got really mad when he heard something about a girl on Jakku so I thought that he must have been aware that there is a powerful girl living there.
Yeah, that's how I figured Kylo must have known about Rey. Then you ask yourself, would Luke really leave Rey with portions guy? I don't think Luke would be that shitty of a father.

Plus in the vision Kylo saves her from someone that was about to attack her, though he saves adult Rey and not the kid Rey we see being left on Jakku so who the fuck knows.
>>
You're wrong. It was already stated Kylo only turned six years before TFA, and she was abandoned on Jakkut at five-which was many years before Kylo turned.
>>
>>64246753
>It was already stated Kylo only turned six years before TFA
Source? I've been trying to figure out the timeline leading up to TFA and the big mystery is when Kylo turned/the jedi massacre happened/Luke left.
>>
>>64241043
It's curses. Back to reddit.
>>
>>64247005
JJ really fucked up with explaining the current situation during TFA
>>
>>64247972
That's like saying George fucked up Vader in ANH by not explaining who Anakin really is. It's fine and doesn't matter to the main plot of the movie.

It's like people not liking the republic/new order stuff. You don't need to know how the new status quo came to be, you just need to know what it is.
>>
>>64248325
Was Vader even supposed to be Anakin when Lucas shot ANH?

Didn't the whole "I am your father"-thing come later. And besides - you immediatly understand the situation when you start watching ANH.
>>
>>64248458
>you immediatly understand the situation when you start watching ANH
Empire big, rebels small. Yeah I get that. Still you have the First Order making a surprise attack and using this giant black battleship while the good guys are called the Resistance. That says it all, the issues are when people go NO WAIT I NEED 30 YEARS OF POLITICS REEEE.

Really, everything you need to know about the good guys and bad guys in TFA is covered by Poe and Finn before they crash. Restricted individuality murderers that even Finn knows is wrong and Poe treats his robot like people and refuses to call Finn by a number.
>>
>>64247972
Did you get angry with a Anh because you never got to see the senate before it was disbanded?
>>
I hope they do an asspull and make our favorite husbando Poe the chosen Jedi. Nigga pilots shit a little too well anyway.
>>
>>64240498
The fact that she is able to handle herself in a brawl isn't all that surprising considering she was a lone-wolf scavenger since she was a child.
Seeing as both Anakin and Luke were naturally proficient pilots makes Rey being a good pilot not all that groundbreaking.
Rey has been scavenging tech all her life so she was bound to pick up on a few things making her an excellent mechanic.

Now when it comes to her being so easily able to tap into the powers of the force during extreme circumstances, I theories that she draws power from her feelings of anger, hatred and such. Implying that she is corrupted by the dark side and will turn out too become evil.
>>
>"the force is strong in my family. My father had it, my sister has it, I have it. You have it too"

She's his daughter
>>
>>64249586
Flashback talking to Ben.
>>
>>64249616

>says my sister instead of your mother

He isn't talking to Ben
>>
>>64249675
Luke's kind of a narcissist.
>>
>>64249461
>Rey turns to the dark side
>kylo ren redeems himself and becomes a jedi
I'd welcome the twist.
>>
>>64240833
I saw that video but Kylo says curses, not cousin
>>
>>64250307
In the novel, it clearly states that the dark side was taking over and she was about two seconds away from slicing Kylo down before the ground broke between them. She's stronger and everyone knows it, she's going to get greedy and power hungry while Kylo regrets what happened and Snoke casts him out as a weak, light hearted fool.
>>
>>64249461
>Now when it comes to her being so easily able to tap into the powers of the force during extreme circumstances

Mace Windu: The boy has exceptional skills.
Obi-Wan: But he still has much to learn, Master. His abilities have made him... well arrogant.
Yoda: Yes. Yes. A flaw more and more common among Jedi. Too sure of themselves they are. Even the older, more experienced ones.

Luke: Is the dark side stronger?
Yoda: No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.
Luke: But how am I to know the good side from the bad?
Yoda: You will know... when you are calm, at peace, passive.
>>
>>64249586
He could also be talking to Kylo, it wasn't in the movie so it doesn't matter.

>>64249675
>says my sister instead of your aunt
>>
>>64240498
The flashback from lukes pov where he looks down and sees here nearly confirms this. The only problem is, how does he expect to get back after his ship has taken off?

Second, how do you know its Lor San
>>
>>64251586
Nevermind, he was that guy with po on jakku, right? If he was watching her though wouldn't she know he died
>>
>>64240498
She's a sith, that's why she had to go back to her planet.
>>
>>64240498
>Kylo Ren goes full Annakin on him, and kills all of the younglings and new Padawans
You're an idiot

the knights of Ren are Lukes students
>>
>>64249461
Those reasons are all garbage. I don't care how many people she hit with her big stupid pipe, that doesn't translate into "capable of defeating a sith lord"
Also, knowing what parts of a star ship are valuable to a junk vendor does not mean knowing how to fly a fucking starship you've never been in. Being an awesome pilot isn't genetic you idiot
>>
>>64240498
Explain this Mary Sue meme
>>
>>64250587
Novel isn't canon, it was based on early movie draft. You don't get credit for what you don't put in the film.
>>
>>64240837
>Snoke is Yoda
He's too old to not have lived while Yoda was alive. Also, that's not how the Force works.
>>
>>64251952
How can you expect people to take you seriously when you keep calling Kylo a sith lord?

And she had been in the ship. She knew what mods the owner installed.

Did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>64252159

but how funny would it be to see Darth Vader BLACKED
>>
>>64249026
I would love for Poe to be the secret Jedi master. Hell he pilots far too well to be normal.

If the new trilogy was based around Poe then it would be GOAT.
>>
>>64252337
Did you? Red lightsaber, evil, dark jedi, kills his own father... what, do you need "sith" tattooed on his face or something?
Uh, the only hint that she's been on the ship is somehow knowing about the compressor, countered by her calling it "garbage that would never fly"
>>
>>64252498
Dark side does not necessarily mean Sith.
>>
>>64252498
You don't have to be a Sith to use the dark side.

I'm pretty damn certain she talks about more shit portions guy installed besides the compressor.

And anyway, Luke was a pilot but had never flown an X-Wing before the battle of Yavin and he did fine. Rey mentions that she's practiced flying plenty but never left the atmosphere.
>>
Your all wrong. Rey's father is luke._..Leia..Is her mother
>>
What made Luke go away?
Why did R2D2 wake up when Rey joined the resistance?
>>
>>64252924
Luke left because Kylo turned to the dark side during their training
>>
>>64251952
>Kylo Ren
>a sith lord
>LORD
kek
>>
>>64253222
I don't think that makes sense. Wouldn't staying and helping his friends fight evil make more sense?
I feel like Luke running away would only make sense if he felt like a threat to them.
>>
>>64253238

A SHIT LORD?
>>
She's Qui Gon Jinn's granddaughter.
>>
>>64253296
well its what Han had said to Rey and Finn so idk senpai
>>
>>64253296
He has to go power up or learn some secret to defeat Snoke
>>
>>64248325
It doesn't explain what the new status quo is though.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.