[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can this be so awful when the podcast is so funny?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (512 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
512 KB, 1440x1080
How can this be so awful when the podcast is so funny?
>>
>>64237381
Does kid cudi do the podcast?
>>
Its okay just a goofy sketch show thats hit or miss
>>64237600
not once
>>
>>64237600
Not yet.
>>
>>64237381
>take a conversational improvised comedy podcast
>remove conversation and improvisation
>add shitty sketches and purposefully unfunny jokes
>turn the likeable host into a dink

What the fuck were they thinking?

I watched three seasons of it and i cant remember a single joke or moment. Watching it feels like im waiting for the show to really get started and it never does.
>>
>>64237763
Agreed. The longform improv nature of the podcast makes it way more funny. Also when they do try to bring in characters from the podcast it just doesn't work as well.
>>
>>64237876
and in the podcast Scott is the straight man and the guest decides where the bit goes. Scott is our anchor and we get to laugh at what the guest says because Scott and his reactions give us a grounded point of view.

The show throws that out the fucking window and makes Scott the one steering the bits and the guests dont have time to get into it.
>Scott: "Hey Alison Brie, do you like Bees?"
>Alison: "wh- no..uh i mean i guess so"
>"Scott: "I dont, but Bries are not bad"
>cut to next bit
>>
>>64238047
Yeah and the podcast features a lot of great improvisers that aren't necessarily well known. The show has to get more celebrity guests.
>>
>>64237381
lack of heynong man
>>
>>64238252
I think this is the major difference in why the podcast works and show doesn't. People listening to the podcast are more likely to already be aware of good writers, people that watch IFC think Fred Armisen and a riot grrrrl bassist are the pinnacle of comedy
>>
>>64238453
Portlandia isnt bad
And I havent seen Birthday Boys but this one really made me laugh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ozbSx7PCKE
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.