[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fourteen, Frets & Faith
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: FFAF.png (2 MB, 1188x632) Image search: [Google]
FFAF.png
2 MB, 1188x632
During my time at school, I took part in a project that would forever tarnish the reputation of both school and community.
The sheer amount of time put into this abomination (A bit over 2 years) left me to believe that it would turn out okay. I had so many ideas and great vision for this project, none of which was translated to the big screen as the lead director was given to a shitty 14 year old that understood nothing about film.

If there ever was a reason to kill yourself, having your name on a project this bad is a good incentive.

If you want to know more, just ask and I will respond as best as I can.
>>
>>64234095
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0haCoqQV3I

The movie, if you would care to watch.
>>
File: 1447948405243.gif (2 MB, 350x283) Image search: [Google]
1447948405243.gif
2 MB, 350x283
>>64234124
>that awful 3D CG sequence in the second half

What the fuck did that even have to do with anything? Also why did the credits start rolling before it was even fucking finished?
>>
>>64234266
It was finished.
The end of the film, as I thought, seemed merely like the beginning.
I guess budget was an issue at the time, but then again, the script itself ended at that part too.

The 3D segment is up in the air. So many metaphors, so many unanswered questions, so many paths it could've taken, and yet, nothing.
>>
>>64234357
So exactly what part did you play in this piece of shit? Was there a budget?

Story please.
>>
>>64234817
Budget was $40k AUD.
I think 10k was spent on the camera and another 10 was spent on hiring on a music guy.
Needless to say, he was pretty terrible at his job. I remember fondly hearing about how the co-director punched his desk repeatedly after hearing some of the music for certain scenes.
The other 20 went somewhere else, I dunno.
For the most part, where the money went was into licensing software and various shit.

I'd prefer not to elaborate on my job, as it was very minimal and inconsequential, although I did end up assisting in changes to the final cut which i'm almost proud of, because then the movie would've made even less sense than it already did.
>>
That was fucking awful, that CG was so out of place and an abomination.
>>
>>64235118
It is true.
the 3D team spent the entire course of the two years working on that section.
It makes sense, given that it was mainly kids doing the work, but they had direction from 'pro's' who 'knew' their 'stuff'.
I'm honestly not sure who's at fault...
>>
File: 1429464724963.jpg (47 KB, 405x403) Image search: [Google]
1429464724963.jpg
47 KB, 405x403
>>64235118
>>64234966
What did the clown represent? Were the rocks representative of the sad burden of not living up to his father's expectations? Is the moral of this film to just do what your parents want you to do instead of what you dreamed of?
>>
>>64235209
There were many sections of the film that included these 'dream' segments.
I'm not sure what the scriptwriter was getting at when she wrote those segments, but in the end they really add up to nothing because no conflict ever resolves in the film.
>>
>>64234095
Why did the CG version of the main character touch his gf's tits while she's reading a lingerie catalog (?) - the rest of this shit is obviously making an effort to be completely G-rated.

It's not just bad, that's to be expected from stuff like this, but it isn't even coherent.
>>
>>64235730
I'm not entirely sure where they were going with this one.
I'm not sure how I could explain it.
Perhaps a horny teenager imagining some sort of PG sexual fantasy.
What boggles me more is when he spits out the milk when his mom shows concern.
>>
This is giving me flashbacks to highschool drama.

The incomprehensible narrative, the complete lack of pacing and of course the horrendous acting.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.