[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who the fuck is Snoke? The movie doesn't explain it, it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4
Who the fuck is Snoke? The movie doesn't explain it, it doesn't even give you any serious "hint" like it does with pretty much everything else that it's not explained. Why is he the boss of the bad guys and not that blonde Nazi guy? They just needed another sheev to make the movie more similar to the previous ones? Why does the Supreme Leader have a ridiculous dog name if he's a Sith Lord or something like that? All previous sith had more or less sinister names.
>>
He's that Sith lord that tought Darth Sidious. Can't remember his name, tyranuous or something
>>
>>64228353
Plagueis.
>>
>>64228276
Got a red hot tip for you pham: Snoke isnt even the true big bad.

You literally have no idea what disneys endgame is
>>
>>64228276

Have you ever heard the tragedy of darth plagueis the wise?
>>
>>64228612
No.
>>
>>64228526
Enlighten me, mate.
>>
This was really lazy.
snoke was there, everybody knew him, but he only communicates with two persons, non of which could have told the republic. Know that worked for the emperor,because he,was kind of the head of state, but snoke is just a sith lord in the shadows.
i swear to god, if this turns out to be a time travel bullshit story with kylo becoming snoke or this one mega ultra sithlord never heard of in u fucking episodes, i will send my resume to disney, because i can write better fanfiction.
>>
>>64228276
It's called a mystery you fucking moron. It will be explained in the next movies.
>>
>>64228353

He's not even a Sith you idiots.
>>
>>64228654
I thought not. Not a story the jedi would tell you.
It's a sith legend.

Darth plagueis was a dark lord of the sith lord that was so powerful and so wise that he could even use the force to influence the midiclorians to create life.

He had such knowledge of the force he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
>>
>>64228755
Top fucking story bro

Now jog on you silly old cunt
>>
>>64228736
There were a lot of mysteries in that movie, and most were well presented as such. Snoke is just there for no reason and nobody asks himself who the fuck is that guy.
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-30+at+02.22.01).jpg (7 KB, 176x159) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-30+at+02.22.01).jpg
7 KB, 176x159
>YFW Starkiller Base was a literal snokescreen for the real plot
I'd like to believe the supreme leader isn't a huge retard and put all his money on Death Star Mk. 3 being useful.
I'd like to.
>>
>>64228755
Could he also make dank spin jumps or did you invent that?
>>
>>64228276

Ok like seriously. How likely is it that he turns out to be Darth Plagueis? I mean the way how they set up TFA with the references and all. It has to be right?
>>
>>64229210
Obviously in the 9th movie we're gonna discover that Snoke was making another Starkiller Base and it's almost finish. Just in time for Rei, who has finished his training, to stop his plans!
>>
S-Snoge weed :D
>>
>>64228674
Jar Jar is behind everything
>>
>>64228276
>That filename
>>
>>64228276
>The movie doesn't explain it,
PROBABLY BECAUSE THERE WILL BE TWO MORE MOVIES
>>
>>64228276
he's a big guy
>>
>>64228739
He asks Kylo Ren if he's felt the awakening. Feeling such shit is a jedi/sith thing.

Him being plagueis is very possible, with his baritone theme and being very intentionally called "wise".
>>
>big evil final boss doesn't do anything, just gives orders
>he sits in a throne somewhere in outer space
Reminds me of another recent Disney final boss, at least this one doesn't look like a grapefruit
>>
>>64228276
can you imagine if 4chan was around when the original trilogy came out? bunch a fuckin' idiots and spergs trying to figure out children's movies for years based on some feedback loop of analysis and tangential connections...
>>
>>64229210
Didn't he pretty much wipe out the entire new republic in one shot though ?

The entirety of the new republic and its fleet, that was based in a single system...
>>
>>64230573
No one really cared about it.
i know thjs sounds odd, but compare that to alderan. The whole republic put to ashes and this is the reaction.
>>
>>64229210
>Starkiller
If that's not a reference, I don't know what is.
>>
Church of the Force

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Church_of_the_Force
>>
>>64230734
It's named starkiller because it kills stars

JJ doesn't have 1/10th of Lucas talent for pottery
>>
>>64230475
/tv/ would have absolutely HATED the OT if it had been around then.

>"why does everyone love this shitty Kurosawa remake"
>"why was Luke able to destroy the Death Star so easily"
>"Leia doesn't have any flaws, she's a fucking Mary Sue"
>"Solo is a walking meme, he doesn't have any personality"
>>
>>64229899
It doesn't explain who the protagonist's family are, or why she has powers, yet it clearly developes that. The same doens't happen with Snoke, it's just that there's a big bad guy being bad.
>>
>>64230795
Luke's last name used to be Starkiller
>>
>>64230205
w-what?
>>
>>64228353
Tyranus was Dooku's Sith name.
>>
>>64231562
THANOS YOU DUMB FUCK
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 432x504) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 432x504
>have a bunch of wacky puppets
>have a character that is basically human but with a weird half a face...let's use shitty cgi

Seriously ? Of all the things to cgi why snoke? He looked like an Orc too. At least the orange with glasses looked okay

>inb4 snoke is only 3 feet tall in part 8

Also, Snoke is Rey's dad. Luke saved her and mind wiped her so she wouldn't be evil.
>>
>>64228952
Britfag detected
>>
>>64229438
JAR JAR'S
>>
We know a few things about him:
>He has a strong enough understanding of the dark side to teach it to others
>He's currently fairly well known within the Star Wars universe, since Leia knows his name and the fact that he seduced Kylo Ren to the dark side
>He's either not human or is hideously deformed. Possibly both.
>He has strong influence over others since he has somehow become the supreme leader of the First Order.

We really only need a few more details and we'll probably have a full understanding of who he is and what his significance is to the other six films.
>>
>>64232009
>his significance to the other six films

I'd bet he has none and was just a villain made up on the spot, just like Hux, Ren and basically every new character that's not REMEMBER THIS IT WAS IN THE OT DON'T YOU LIKE IT
>>
>>64231705
I try to avoid most superhero movies, sorry.
>>
>>64232009
Fair enough, though the whole situation in the star wars universe is not really well explained at the start of the movie. Why was there a Resistance when the good guys won and the Republic still existed? What were they resisting against? Shouldn't Snoke and the First Order be the actual "Resistance" before they overpower the Republic in the movie?
>>
His death star gets blown up, who cares, bring that emo to me, we have some training to do.
>>
>>64232407
It's explained a bit more in the novelization, but you're right that they could have explained it better in the actual film.

IMO This movie was desperately in need of an extra expository scene at the Resistance base where Leia explains the relationship between the Resistance and the New Republic. Not just for exposition purposes, but also to break up the rapid pace of the second act.
>>
>>64228526
Rey is the big bad.
>>
>>64230681
Well maybe because noone told me what the heck got destroyed.
Was this new Republic only one system of planets and moons?
Explain the universe instead of goofy pirate monster action god damnit!
>>
>>64232407
You should just give up using logic in modern films.
>>
>>64228276
There are hints, and they point towards Plagueis. Whether that's a red herring is another thing.
>>
>>64232297
Who said it was a superhero movie? How you did know if you "avoid" them?
>>
>>64230133
His head is also deformed like he's survived some kind of a violent attack.
>>
>>64232677
Could you explain it? I'm not gonna read the book since I'm against the whole concept of a novel for a movie, specially if it contains something that should actually be in the movie.
>>
>>64232882
Because I have google in my computer, and unlike most people in 4chan I use it. If I search for "grapfruit final boss" I get nothing. If I search for "Thanos" Google automatically tells me he's the antagonist of an Avengers movie.
>>
>>64233225
After RotJ, the Rebel Alliance became the New Republic and seized control of the Senate. The New Republic made a treaty with the Empire. The Empire is still around, but neither them or the New Republic have any military power.

Basically, the Republic is back in the de-militarized state it was before the Clone Wars. A few Imperial extremists who are still loyal to the Emperor and his ideology broke away from the Empire and created the First Order. The First Order said "fuck this treaty", built a bunch of star destroyers, and started stealing children from their homes to become stormtroopers.

The New Republic refused to recognize the First Order as a threat and thus would refuse to engage them in combat. Leia said "fuck that" and starting gathering soldiers and pilots to form a Resistance against the First Order.

The New Republic and the Empire don't approve of either the Resistance or the First Order, but neither are willing to stop them from doing what they're doing.
>>
>>64233619
What a shitty rebellion that turned out to be
>>
>>64233619
The fuck is that. The simple fact that the empire was weakend should be enough to have millions of opressed people stand up to destroy the sinlge last Stormtrooper standing.
What we got were twenty fighters when they had to trow everything they had against deathstar2
>>
This movie is a perfect example of terrible character development.
>>
>>64228526
Luke better not be the big bad.
>>
>>64233806
>yfw princess göring here forgot the long distance bombing again
>yfw she told you y-wings are a thing of the past
>yfw your comrades are dying attacking a fortified position with interceptors
>yfw she will get away withnit AGAIN due to some jedi bullshit
>>
>>64233619
Well, that was kinda silly, but at least it's an explanation. Thanks anon, if the starting letters of TFA were just this post the movie would be better imho.
>>
>>64228526
Thanos is the big bad
>>
File: 1451275045676.jpg (26 KB, 424x601) Image search: [Google]
1451275045676.jpg
26 KB, 424x601
>>64234195
>>
>>64234362
The whole resistance thing seems unnecessary, done purely for nostalgia to evoke memories of the Rebel Alliance. It would make more sense to just have Leia's group being the full Republic army (albeit on a smaller scale than at the height of the galactic civil war or the clone wars)

And I guess the super simple opening crawl was in reaction to the criticism of the PT crawls which mentioned tax and politics etc (though I never had a problem with them)

The ideal would be to have a scene like the death star conference room in ANH which sets everything out succinctly and hints at a bigger backstory if you want to go there
>>
>>64233619
But what the fuck, is there an emperor or something still ruling half of the galaxy? Who?
>>
>>64234766
IIRC, there is a character they mention in the novelization who is essentially the leader of the New Republic, but he died when the Starkiller Base destroyed the Hosnian System.
>>
>>64234766
>big bad evil guy only appears to give his orders in holograms

Inb4 Snoke is playing both the New Republic, the Empire and the New order

NOW WHERE I HAVE SEEN THAT BEFORE
>>
>>64229438
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Uc84U04Sk
>>
>>64230902
right? i forget sometimes that this place is cancer.

solo is a meme, that's why chris pratt is gonna play him.
>>
>>64230133
>Feeling such shit is a jedi/sith thing.
Sith are dark jedi but dark jedi are not necessarily Sith
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.