[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>lost his cool 200 pound solid steel helmet >lost his retarded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 18
File: Carlo.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
Carlo.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
>lost his cool 200 pound solid steel helmet
>lost his retarded but still unique looking lightsaber

Everything "iconic" about this character will not transfer to the next movie.
>>
He still looks like a school shooter and that's enough to make him iconic in our climate of gun violence.
>>
is there any reason he can't build those again?
>>
>>64227675
it's not like they can make a new helmet and lightsaber when they made a new death star right?
>>
>>64227737
>>64227746

Lightsaber looked the way it did because of a fractured crystal. Helmet was a unique design that showed age beyond Kylo's own. Probably a Sith relic of some sort.
>>
>>64227737
The helmet looks like a Sith relic and I think the base of his lightsaber was made out of Darth-Vader's old lightsaber. That doesn't make much sense since I'm pretty sure that fell into the same pit that Sheev did, and therefore exploded with the 2nd Deathstar.

He could replicate both, but they wouldn't be historically significant Sith artifacts.
>>
>>64227710
> climate of gun violence
>>
I vote we remame him Platipusith
>>
>>64227864
*Platypusith*

*Platypussith*?
>>
So she fucked his lightsaber up?
>>
>>64227917
Yeah, she cuts it in half with the same swing that cuts his face.
>>
people shit on the prequels for having bad dialogue and shitty character development... but at least anakins descent into teen angst faggot took nearly 3 movies....

who knew all they had to do was slap on a gimmicky "cool" robot voice and add a helmet on for people to eat it up
>>
File: kyloep8.jpg (64 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
kyloep8.jpg
64 KB, 540x960
This will be Kylo's look in ep. 8
>>
>>64227940
Haven't noticed that. Shit, that's too bad. I kinda started to like that lightsaber.
>>
>>64227940
It was actually a second-swing right after, but it all happens pretty quick. She pins his saber to the ground, slashes it in half, and then upswings to slash his face. Then THE FORCE separates them so they can fight in a sequel.
>>
>>64227675
we don't know that he lost his lightsaber, it might've been next to him when Hux went to go pick him up
>>
>>64227964
No it won't, why would he have a robot hand?
>>
>>64227964
Why the fuck does he have a robot hand?
>>
>>64227964
Great. We get to see Toucan Sam's beak even more in the next one.
>>
>>64227675

No shit it wont transfer,

everyone in the film is going to look completely different. So they can sell different toys
>>
>>64227804
>implying Vader didn't own multiple lightsabers.

It was a different prop in each movie.
>>
>>64227804
Maybe it's Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber from when he got dunked in the lava by his good friend?
>>
>>64228025

Because his role model is Darth Vader
>>
>>64228147
Did you even watch the movie?
That lightsaber was then given to luke by obi wan
>>
>>64228147
Are you kidding? Anakins lightsaber was Luke's first one, the same one that Rey has at the end of TFA
>>
>>64228147
No, that is the one Rey uses. Stop snapchatting during the movie.
>>
>>64228020
>>64228025
pottery
>>
You guys are fucking retarded.

It's obviously so they can give him a new mask and lightsaber for the next movie to sell more toys.
>>
File: 1451022303102.jpg (19 KB, 322x363) Image search: [Google]
1451022303102.jpg
19 KB, 322x363
>>64227964
DELETE THIS
>>
>>64228215
>SW8 opens on Luke and Rey's first meeting
>Rey: "I brought you back your sword"
>Luke: "That's not mine... and there's a tracking device in it!"
*cue First Order ships on the horizon*

Because in NuSW, there can never be a dull moment for the characters to talk or breathe.
>>
>>64228327
Or an old, burned melty mask...
>>
>>64228215
>>64228195
>>64228192
I only watched the shitty prequels once and that was years ago.
I don't remember Obi-Wan stealing Anakin's lightsaber after mutilating him and leaving him for dead to burn in the lava, like a good friend should.
>>
>>64228363
In your attempts to meme you must have forgotten to watch the movie. There's a clear shot of Obi Wan picking it up, also the lightsaber was blue ya dingle
>>
>>64228363
He didn't. The saber he gave Luke wasn't the Youngling Slayer, it was just one of Obi-Wan old sabers. The man can't stop lying about stuff. It's a disease!
>>
>>64227802
>>64227804
>sith relic
i hate star wars fans
all of the knights of ren were wearing those fucking helmets. theyre mass produced.
>>
>>64228363
7:17

https://youtu.be/pSwy412nttI?t=424
>>
>>64228363
So you didn't pay attention to A New Hope or The Force Awakens where someone literally says it was Anakin's lightsaber. You didn't even have to see the prequels at all, you just had to not have ADHD.
>>
>>64228467
It's Close to the Following Year. Everyone has ADD. And Autism.
>>
>>64228363

He gives the lightsaber to Luke in A New Hope FFS, you don't even need to see the prequels to know that.
>>
>>64228028
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH WHY ISN'T HE 10/10 QT PAW TU TEE!!??
literally reddit
>>
>>64228506
Stop making excuses and just pull your head out of your ass.
>>
Just saw this movie yesterday. I've only seen 1 - 3, I'm a giant pleb who never watching 4 - 6 before. Despite that, I watched 7 and knew I'd be entertained simply because it's obvious J.J. Abrams panders to the mainstream audience. As a Star Trek fanboy, this was apparent in his Star Trek movies.

Honestly, I thought it was good. But I say that with reservation because I'm unable to compare it to the original trilogy, it could be shit for all I know.

But what I do know is that it was miles better than 1 - 3 (not as if that's hard to achieve).

Any Star Wars fans who can tell me what they think of VII when compared to IV, V, and VI?
>>
File: tfw this trash is real.png (464 KB, 878x900) Image search: [Google]
tfw this trash is real.png
464 KB, 878x900
>>64227964
>no more cool sword
>no more mask(he didnt needed voicebox but still)
>>
>>64228561
But it's so warm and comfy down there.
>>
File: 1364398745927.jpg (7 KB, 170x213) Image search: [Google]
1364398745927.jpg
7 KB, 170x213
>>64227710
>climate of gun violence

being this gullible
>>
>>64228578
It is basically a reboot of IV, and worse than all 3 of them. But its a fun popcorn flick type thing. But not a real star wars movie.
>>
>>64228578
Doesn't capture the mysticism or sense of wonder the other films did. It was very action-y but as you said still miles better than I II and III.

you should watch OT already you fucking bitch
>>
>>64228578
VII is a rehash of IV

It's literally the same plot except with more diversity, white male simple farmer Luke replaced with white female mechanic, pilot, translator, force user and fighter extraordinaire Rey
>>
>>64227675
Nah, he'll appear with a NEW mask. New mask, new toys.
>>
>>64228648
I saw a lot of things in Rey that came from the game Beyond Good&Evil. It was probably just coincidences though.
>>
>>64227802
>Probably a Sith relic of some sort.

Or he fucking bought it from space eBay because it looked cool.

You fags are seriously retarded.
>>
>>64228437
Each of their helmets are completely different. One is literally Boba Fett's helmet with a paint job.
>>
>>64228330
>rey apologist will say she's not a mary sue because of this one boo boo
>>
What do people mean by lost?
>>
>>64228452
Cool. Didn't remember that part.
So Rey's got the youngling slayer.
It was a good lightsaber.
>>
>>64227675
Why do people say his lightsaber is retarded? This absolutely baffles me. The cross-guard prevents opponents from sliding down the blade to cut the hand or fingers. This actually makes more sense than the original lightsaber.
>>
>>64228818
Week Bates.
>>
>>64228818
The crossguard is made of metal which a lightsaber would slice right through

Beside blades don't slide off each other in Star wars
>>
>>64228818
people say it cause it can be said, design can be liked or disliked
its new, some retards will dislikeit
I always hated shitty design of the old ones

anyway, its a fucking hot plasma or something that makes light saber blade.
I dont think the "blades" when they collide, that they would have some tendency to easily slide down to hand.. like with metal swords

but as we saw the guard can be used offensively as well
>>
A big problem of that movie was that all the new characters are too young. It looks like a... fuck, a Disney movie.
>>
>>64228871
>The crossguard is made of metal

Um, have you seen the movie? Metal on the bottom of the guard, light on the top. It would stop from sliding down.

>Beside blades don't slide off each other in Star wars

Which is even more retarded. That's my point. Why are you calling a lightsaber with an addition that makes slightly more sense retarded, when lightsabers and the entire logic of it entirely retarded.

Yes, I am triggered by this.
>>
File: 332dd.png (501 KB, 640x377) Image search: [Google]
332dd.png
501 KB, 640x377
>>64228818
>The cross-guard prevents opponents

It can't. The opponent's saber could easily cut through the metal protrusions that bridge the other points of light and then take our hands/fingers.

Anyway, I think his lightsaber is good but not for the reasons you claimed. His saber runs off of a cracked crystal that causes the streams of light to splinter like that. I think this is very fitting for Kylo Ren, because he is clearly portrayed to be splintered as a person, he's an unfinished Sith that's not even completed training, is undisciplined and literally throws hissy fits.
>>
>>64228648
I think it was better than RotJ overall, but RotJ had better individual moments. So I guess they balance out.

TESB > ANH > RotJ = TFA

The prequels don't matter, I don't rank garbage.
>>
>>64228818
3/10 b8
>>
>>64227675
Pretty sure he still has an exact replica of Darth Vader's mask lying around somewhere..
>>
>>64228956
>I think this is very fitting for Kylo Ren, because he is clearly portrayed

Yes, JewJew listened to Plinkett and ensured that the way they fight and what they fight with are a perfect match for their personality.

>Kylo and his saber are both: undisciplined, powerful, unstable

This is on purpose.
>>
>>64228956
indeed. I still think there's some sort of rationale behind the saber. To me it seemed obvious that it was meant to be flawed – with all the flickering and spark-throwing going on.
>>
>>64228965
>The prequels don't matter, I don't rank garbage.

I rewatched everything in release order. I must say this:

>the OT wasn't as good as I remembered
>the PT wasn't as bad as I remembered

I found myself longing for epic duels when old Obicunt fights Vader (and lets himself die for no reason, suicide isn't even allowed in the Jedi code) and I found myself having fun with the PT fight scenes.

Retrospection is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>64227964
>>64228020
>>64228025

Maybe early concept art, and he was supposed to lose his hand vs Rey.

Or maybe because he's an edgy teenager with a lightsaber the star wars version of self harm will be chopping off your own limbs.
>>
>>64229030
Yeah, it's on purpose. But that's not my entire point--point is, Kylo's lightsaber doesn't serve for a guard at all, it's utterly pointless. It's a good offensive edge though, as we all saw when he fought Fin.
>>
>>64228956
There is more blade beneath the metal, the emitter itself is further in. The metal surrounding the blade is there to protect the wielder's fingers from sliding up into the cross-guard. Functionally they are supposed to be a form of power-release for a lightsaber that was poorly constructed. Design-wise I think they wanted to go for a claymore look because it hadn't been done before and looks appropriate for a fight in the snow.

The cross guard is stupid because he is one mistake away from stabbing himself in the fucking heart with that thing.
>>
File: 1451402316.jpg (72 KB, 981x631) Image search: [Google]
1451402316.jpg
72 KB, 981x631
>>64228956
>>64228871
you are faggots
heres explanation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycg_3vhOfTk
>>
>>64228818
>people still reply to this cross guard bait seriously
>>
>>64229105
I'm not watching some faggy youtube video get fucked
>>
>>64229093
The concept art book shows how the beam goes on below the metal
>>
>>64228360
Oh they better not, fuck's sake
>>
>>64229121
>I'm not watching some faggy youtube video that shows why I am wrong, get fucked
>>
>>64228965
>RotJ = TFA
fuck you man rotj is great and tfa is shit
>>
>>64228742
Dropped it, went outside, got rekt, imploded. Fucking. Pay. Attention.
>>
>>64227710
>climate of gun violence
Triggered
>>
>>64228956
>nicest guy
>twisted psychopath
I regret spending magic beans on this travesty. Even the action and cinematography were universally terrible.
>>
>>64229149
Explain it with words or get rekt nerd
>>
>>64229158
dropped it to his legs, he could pick it up whenever
and he never lost light saber
>>
>>64229158
Planet imploded
>>
>>64229105
>>64229122

Then why have the metal protrusions case those splinters of light at all? And more importantly, if those guards are in immediate contact with the light, why the fuck is it not burning?

Even if it still has a utility for guarding, the design still makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>64229193
Dropped it, and left it. Rey cut up his saber.
>>
Kylo Ren has a built in stereo inside of his helmet that he uses to listen to 3teeth and Grimes albums to live out his constant angst
>>
>>64229207
>Then why have the metal protrusions case those splinters of light at all?
So you don't cut your fingers

And more importantly, if those guards are in immediate contact with the light, why the fuck is it not burning?
They're not touching obviously
>>
>>64229093
>Kylo's lightsaber doesn't serve for a guard at all, it's utterly pointless. It's a good offensive edge though, as we all saw when he fought Fin.

They're vents, because the beam is too powerful for a single outlet, it needs vents, which ties in with everything we said of Kylo being powerful but unfocused.

>he vents
>his saber vents too
>>
>>64229207
Because there's metal that's resistant to lightsabers, it also doesn't have to be in direct contact with the metal
The saber design is shit because it's impractical and Kylo should see to getting a proper one asap, but your nitpicking is pointless
>>
>>64229207
>light

DISCUSSION OVER
>>
File: 1451056513852.jpg (16 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
1451056513852.jpg
16 KB, 250x333
>>64227675

He has a weird mask now
>>
File: SW Obi-wan vs Darth maul.jpg (117 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
SW Obi-wan vs Darth maul.jpg
117 KB, 1600x1200
>>64228578
could have a been a great reboot.
every introduction is goat and there is a lot of scenes with good plans and music but it focus too much on remind you how gret IV to be better.i can escuse a plot rehash if the characters and setting make it feel like a reboot.Poe did,Finn did,Kylo did but Rey did not.there was a direction for her but they forced her as the new Luke.its a little above being a flick,better than the prequels as far as acting and specials effects go but the prequels(still worse) were more originals and had better sceneries,space opera feels to them.i think JJ should have worked with Lucas on this new trilogy.
>>
>>64229474
its probably an ironic punishment for wanting to wear a dumb pointless mask.

now his face is becoming one.
>>
>>64228578
quip wars more like it
>>
>>64228701
This is much more likely. His mother probably had to find it for him.
>>
>bowcaster hits storm troopers
>fly away as if hit by grenade
>bowcaster hits kylo ren
>barely injures him
>>
>>64228965
>I think it was better than RotJ overall, but RotJ had better individual moments. So I guess they balance out.

This absolutely. There's nothing in TFA as bad as ewoks, but nothing in TFA reaches the peak of sheev confronting luke. I really liked how TFA's lightsaber duel was emotionally driven and is conveyed through the way they fight, much like luke wailing on vader in Jedi
>>
>>64227960
Hah, descent into the dark side

Anakin is an evil asshole from the start of the second movie
>>
>>64230000
While I am compelled to congratulate you on your impressive quads, I must disagree with you

Anakin isn't as badly written as it seems at a glance, up until the final (retarded) moment he fully turns to the dark side in RotS after slicing Dindu's hand, he's conflicted but still devoted to the light, even as he learns Sheev is a sith lord and he sees Dindu about to kill him he tells him that he has to be arrested, that killing defenceless people isn't the way of the jedi (that's 2 minutes before he becomes lolevil and goes to slay younglings)

In the end he was just an impulsive and chaotic good person, who saw how fucking useless the republic was and wanted a strong government able to take actual decisions, but for the good of the people

When looking at the big picture it's a pretty good character, it's when you go into the details of the writing that the awfulness really comes out
>>
>>64230233
>that killing defenceless people isn't the way of the jedi
Way to miss what happened. It wasn't a sense of justice that caused him to attack Windu, he wanted Sheev to be kept alive because he thought he could teach him to save Padme.
>>
>>64230294
That may have played a role in it, but he has the same conflicted feel at the start when he executed Dooku

I tend to downplay the Padme subplot due to how stupid the whole ordeal is
>>
>>64230346
>may

Meant must
>>
from my pov he was trying to get rid of padme.
>>
>>64227802
>Lightsaber looked the way it did because of a fractured crystal.

Find/forge new kyber crystal, strike with hammer.
>>
>>64228578

It's not on the level of the OT, it's more on the level of the PT (although I like the PT).

It feels like a good foundation for a new trilogy, my only real complaints are that it's way too safe and too similar to A New Hope (another fucking death star, x wings and tie fighters only, little callbacks to the old films that just seem like fan service, information carrying droid on a desert planet).

I've watched it twice, and I enjoyed it more on my second viewing. It's a 7/8 out of 10 though. Loses points for originality and some marvel tier quips (which were funny the first time but completely forgettable the second time). It'll get better or worse depending on how the next film leads on from its plot points (What happens to Kylo after being beaten by Rey and killing his father, will there be a second galactic civil war after the destruction of the republic? What happens to Chewies life debt? Who are Rey's parents?). I'll be mad if 8 mirrors The Empire Strikes Back as much as 7 mirrors A New Hope.

The OT is just on another level though, but it's also rooted heavily in my nostalgia. I doubt they'll ever make another Star Wars film as good as the originals unless they bring Lucas back as an ideas guy

The Force Awakens is good though, I genuinely liked it. It just depends on where they go from now.

Also go watch Harmy's Despecialized Editions of the Original Trilogy, don't bother with the DVD or Blu Ray releases
>>
>>64229721
it grazed him you blind faggot
>>
>>64228948
Han, Carrie, Peter Mayhew were 60+.
Daisy, John, and Kylo were 20-30.

Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, were 18-20 in SW.
Han was 30.
>>
>>64229721
I also thought be had some high quality armor on.
>>
>>64231356
And Oscar Isaac is 36
>>
>>64231356

It's not about how old they are. It's about how old they appear to be.
>>
>>64227964
>>64228025

He was originally supposed to be a cyborg. So that's probably an early concept.
>>
>>64232075
nice job moving the goal posts there
>>
>>64228956
More blade under the metal pieces, it works.
>>64229096
Holy shit you are dense. Europeans seem to have no trouble using blades with crossguards, some of which were pointed.
>>
>>64227675
His nose will.
>>
>>64227710
Agreed. The Second Amendment has no place in modern society. When America got organized as a country, they wrote a fairly radical Constitution with a radical Bill of Rights, giving a radical amount of individual freedom to the radical American masses. There’s too much personal freedom. When personal freedom’s being abused, the State, the only entity deserving of power, has to move to limit it. The National Guard fulfills the militia mentioned in the Second amendment. Citizens no longer need to protect the states or themselves.
>>
>>64232160

The goalposts are in the same place shitcunt. The actor may be 30 but if they look like a 20 year old and we're not told anything to the contrary the only reasonable assumption is that the character is 20.
>>
>>64232195
bullshit Kylo Ren is our only hope.
>>
>>64232347
Then how can you say that they're too young when you don't know their age?
>>
>>64227964
Holy shit he's so fucking cool.
>>
>>64232075
Completely separate issue. They probably seem younger to you because you're older now. I'm sure Luke in ANH will always seem older to you because of the poor quality film they used and how long ago SW came out.
>>
>>64232347
???
Your argument is
>I think they look younger therefore they are younger therefore I think they look younger.

Have you graduated high school yet desu baka famiglia
>>
>>64232508
Not the guy you replied to but because of how young they look
>>
>>64232195

Goddamn you're such a fucking statist cuck. Go live with your comrades in NK or Venezuela, they'll give you a warm welcome.
>>
>>64228678
Remember when IV had a ground team assault to disable the shields of the death star? I sure as fuck don't.
>>
>>64232779
remember when its actually jedi but plebs are just parroting wrong opinions.
>>
>>64228678
>implying Luke wasn't a mechanic, pilot, crack shot and force user in ANH
>>
>>64229187

The blade continues on below the casing of the crossguard, so at worst you would just crack the crossguard.
>>
>>64229474
So this is his final form in Ep 9?
>>
>>64230233
It's not a tragic fall from grace if Anakin slaughtered an entire village with women and children in the first movie we see him with jedi training.

That and shit talks Obi-Wan in his first scene without him in AotC.
>>
>>64227960

>at least it took 3 movies

This was actually one of the major problems with the Prequels. They shouldn't have been so focused on fucking Anakin. Should have all happened in the first or second movie and then showed the rise of Vader since there's obviously a lot that happens from the point of his becoming Darth Vader.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks that they decided to get rid of the lightsaber because it was too controvertial? They probably feared Kylo Ren not being impresive enough as a villain and decided to at least give him a weapon that couldn't be ridiculized?
>>
>>64232966
Infinitely better than his faggot character now.
>>
File: smChieftain[1].jpg (18 KB, 540x144) Image search: [Google]
smChieftain[1].jpg
18 KB, 540x144
>>64232161
I don't think they're as big as that, plus they have rounded points
>>
>>64232592

they look younger
we have no basis for how old they are aside from what they look like
therefore as far as we know they are younger

This really isn't difficult to follow.
>>
>>64233192
You take that back.

>>64232524
correct
>>
>>64233376
How young someone looks is relative, though. John and Daisey don't look younger than either Luke or Leia to me.
How old does Chewbacca look? How old does Phasma look? How old does Snoke look? Don't assume anymore than you need to. Both are young adults. How old they look to you is up to you. That has nothing to do with how old they are.
>>
>>64227802
the helmet was not a relic, it was simply battleworn because he had used it the whole time he was snoke's apprentice
>>
>>64233464
I will never understand why people like you take this site so seriously
>>
>>64233549
You're free to leave anytime. Don't take it out on us that you're poor at critical thinking, logic, and arguing. This is not a place you can come to feel smart so long as I am here.
>>
>>64233464
>How old they look to you is up to you. That has nothing to do with how old they are.

But it does, it's literally the only basis we have for estimating their age.

Chewbacca is an alien. Phasma wears a helmet. Snoke is an alien hologram. Rey and Finn are human, or at least humanoid enough to pass as human, so they can be evaluated by human standards where the others can't. You're some measure of retard my friend.
>>
File: 1451007228343.jpg (865 KB, 1717x1145) Image search: [Google]
1451007228343.jpg
865 KB, 1717x1145
>>64227675
CRAWWWWWWWWWLING IN MY TEAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSS
>>
>>64227675
He lost the mask for the same reason Spiderman keeps taking off his mask in films. Part of an actors contract is getting a certain amount of face time during the movie.

You really expected a young up and comer to wear a mask for the 3 biggest movies of his whole career?
>>
I am honestly hoping he gets a redemption arc he deserves, becomes a powerful jedi and a war hero. Possibly even sacrifices himself for the greater good.

But if he ends up even more crazed, disfigured Vader fanatic a'la >>64232966 or >>64229474 I will flip my shit.
>>
>>64228025
>yakuza cut their fingers off when they fail
>maybe snoke will demand he cut his hand off
>>
>>64233146
>it's actually meant to represent him as a character, his change as a person
>in ep VIII he uses a normal red one because he's oficially a Sith or a yellow one to symbolize him turning to the light side
>by IX it's already green/yellow
>>
how is he going to complete his training with snoke? Why didn't he complete his training earlier?
>>
>>64227964
>all these people saying he didn't get his arm cut off
Did we watch the same movie? I could have sworn Rey amputated that motherfucker.
>>
>>64232779
VI did
>>
>>64233945
Snoke is pulling the same trick Palpatine did. Stringing Kylo along with promises of more power and then he'll dispose of him when someone better comes along.
>>
>>64228363
the real question is:
how did they get back the saber after it fell from the Bespin base with Luke's hand
>>
>tfw anakin almost got a cameo
>>
>>64232835
>>64233991
Basically my point, if anyone says it's a straight IV rehash they're parroting shit without really thinking about it themselves.

It's got IV's beginning, VI's end, and V's snow.
>>
>>64229156
ROTJ is easily the weakest in the OT
>>
>>64233945
We've never actually seen behind-the-scenes of the dark side. We've had plenty of training and education stuff of the Jedi order in the prequels but never what it's like on the dark side. Probably because Maul was so cut down in Ep1.

I hope this "training" with Snoke will be portrayed in the next one.

I have high hopes for Empire 2
>>
>>64234186
I wonder how big the timeskip from VII to VIII will be. It's usually a couple years between movies but I can't imagine they'd skip Rey or Ren's training.
>>
>>64234012

They presumably have some sort of collection thing at the bottom of the facility for fallen workers etc

Lightsaber ended up there, someone retrieved it, Maz got it somehow

Luke directed himself into that shaft on purpose and ended up outside.

There's an EU story where someone retrieves Luke's hand and lightsaber from bespin and clones him. The clone is called Luuke
>>
>>64234424
I used to think stuff similar to this but you do see Luke's saber (hand still on it) fall into the clouds (even though there's no way it catches up to him given the time between being dismembered and jumping).

Luke didn't direct himself anyway, that's EU shit.
>>
>>64234566

Oh right, I just assumed he did. Could have been wind then, that was just my interpretation. It seemed deliberate

And I'll have to rewatch the end of ESB, I don't remember seeing his saber fall outside of Cloud City. If it did, then how the hell did they get it back? It would have fallen into the planet's core right? I mean, they'll have retconned that I guess, so who cares
>>
>>64234913
in that art book they just released they canonized a few creatures that fly around on bespin from older manuals and books, something probably ate it
>>
>>64232857

He was a pilot.

His mechanic expertise extended to knowing how to clean a couple droids up.

He wasn't a crack shot- just before he makes that swing across with Leia you can see him failing to hit any Stormtroopers, and then he gives her the gun and she actually hits one. He does manage to shoot a few over the movie, and use a turret, but it's made clear Han and Leia are better shots than him. His only experience comes from shooting dem womp rats.

And he literally uses the Force once in all of ANH, not even with his own idea or volition, maybe twice if you count the moment where he deflects the bolts.
>>
>>64228965
>the prequels dont matter
Greetings , Reddit!!
>>
>>64235312
look it's this faggot again who spams le prequels are good contrarian meymey

just give it up, you are not going to force this meme
>>
>>64228871
>>64228950

You are assuming that when the lasers collide they slide easily like metal blades do, and there is no evidence that this is how they work.
>>
>implying he wont be horrifically scarred
>implying they wont rebuild him like they did with anakin
>implying he wont get more protagonist treatment

It's poetry, he's just edgelord anakin
>>
File: arcann.png (340 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
arcann.png
340 KB, 1024x576
>>64236305
he'll look like this
>>
File: well played yourself.jpg (125 KB, 600x413) Image search: [Google]
well played yourself.jpg
125 KB, 600x413
>>64229721
>comparing henchmen to big bad
>>
>>64233962
No, he takes a hit to that arm and it looks like he lost his limb but when he's on the floor you can see he's got 2 hands. The big thing will be his face. It lookes like a gash between the eyes buy my money is on him having a phantom of the opera style piece of metal grafted to his face.
>>
File: 1450270670220.jpg (235 KB, 1280x578) Image search: [Google]
1450270670220.jpg
235 KB, 1280x578
>>64233962

I take that she

>sliced his robes almost cutting his leg

>sliced his lighstaber in half

>Sliced upwards through his cheek and nose

But not his hand.
>>
they kind of dropped the ball on making Kylo a threatening villain, I think in the second movie there will be an entirely new sith lord for Rey to fight, she already beat him without training there will be no tension for a second fight after she gets even more god mode training from luke
>>
>>64237853
And poked his shoulder.
>>
File: 5_164.jpg (132 KB, 1200x796) Image search: [Google]
5_164.jpg
132 KB, 1200x796
>>64237911
I noticed she did a lot of that poking thing. Like it's her only lightsaber move.
>>
>>64237970
Yeah, almost like she never trained before, didn't know any real move and was only able to win because her opponent was injured.
>>
>>64237853
It would have been better if they each cut an arm off or something

have the duel end on more equal terms so the next time the fight it will have more weight, having the hero straight up dominate the villain in their first fight at the end of the first movie in a trilogy is rather odd
>>
>>64237853
its not 100% clear, she sliced at his hand holding his saber. she might have injured his hand.

I think there is a delete scene where Hux and some Storm Troopers find Kylo, and rescue him. They also see Rey and Finn, and Hux points a blaster at them, but decides not to kill them since the planet is collapsing, and that would be a worse death.
Then the Falcon comes after Hux and the rest leave.

So its possible that his hand was hurt. If it was cut off, but not shown, I think his expression would have been more severe
>>
>>64238070
if she seriously was untrained kylo ren is officially the worst jedi out of all 6 movies

well I guess he already is since Finn landed a blow on him
>>
>>64238096

I can't wait for the blu-ray release with all the deleted cutscenes.

I bet my bollocks there's at least one more hour of footage that would actually make TFA decent and not a rushed mess.
>>
He lost his light saber?
>>
>>64238192
Some scenes to make kylo or hux more threatening would be nice
>>
>>64238192
Something to make Phasma actually relevant would be great
>>
>>64238201
maybe it will break and he will start crying
>>
>>64238120
Kyle is decent, he lost because Rey is going to be the most OP character since Palpatine and because had a potential fatal wound before the fight start.
>>
File: 1451310216906.gif (954 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1451310216906.gif
954 KB, 320x240
>>64232195

You're a filthy tyrant. Go blow you're liberal feminist cuck friends.

And the 2nd amendment was intended for personal use and a militia dipshit. Who would regulate the militia? The government?! The whole intent was the arm the citizens if the government became tyrannical and so a group of people can get together and fight them, hence a 'regulated militia'.

Austin 3:16 bitch
>>
>>64238285
the most amusing thing is how faggot star wars fatboys are gushing over every character like it mattered

>oh muh phasma, she is this and that,..

she had 5 lines of text and was of no interest but lets build following around that the same as around pathetically poorly defined bounty hunter
>>
>>64238120

According to the book of the movie, Finn landed a blow because Kylo was toying with him

It matches his character pretty well "I'm a big bad scary sith I'm not afraid of no stormtrooper" and then he gets his sword arm hurt because he's a fucking idiot
>>
>>64238910
its actually pretty obvious in the movie too
the moment Finn landed a blow, Kylo disarmed him in two moves

Still, he landed that blow, Kylo is pretty shit
and lets not forgot about how theres zero force use when he is fighting Ren and losing
fucker froze her in time before, threw her around, put her to a fucking sleep,.. now nothin
>>
>>64233320
>>64232161
European crossguards aren't made of fucking lasers.

Your move, m8.
>>
>>64239137

I think the book delves into that too

After killing his Dad he's too conflicted emotionally and can't get a grasp on the force or something, which is another reason he loses

He's torn between "this was the right thing to do" and "oh shit I killed my Dad :("

I really want to see him get abandoned by Snokes in a later film, seek redemption and then Chewbacca fucking destroys him

I kind of hate Kylo, he's pretty shit tier compared to how he acts. I hope he levels up in the next movie
>>
>>64227802
>they can build a death star into a planet's insides
>they don't have enough resources to contact a space blacksmith and make a custom order for a cool bad guy helmet with a voice changer in it
>>
>>64238070
Even injured he should have destroyed her unless he was pleb tier sith.
This movie sucked
>>
>>64238525
She was so unimportant that she could of been replaced by any generic storm trooper commander. They'll probably use her in the future movies since she wasn't killed on screen. I don't really care what they do with her though.
>>
>>64228025

watch the final fight again, she slices his hand and scars his face
>>
>>64231398
yeah, plot armor
>>
>>64227675
There's no reason to think he didn't pick up his goddamn light saber. Even if he didn't, the lightsaber is signature because he made it without knowing how exactly to make one. No reason he couldn't do that again.

And there's no goddamn reason to think he couldn't have retrieved his mask, much less get another one.
>>
>>64238430
I hope this is pasta or something, faggot.

reactionaries need to kill themselves en masse.
>>
>>64239432
That's fucking retarded though.
Siths get their power from their emotions, so he should have just been even stronger after killing his pappy.

Does canon not matter to Disney now?
>>
>>64241600

He was upset that he killed his Dad, not relieved that he was free of the one thing keeping some light side in him. So he was conflicted in his emotions, couldn't focus and channel his emotions

I mean, it's the same reason Vader loses in ROTJ. His compassion for Luke weakens him. Kylo's compassion for his Dad/regret over killing him weakens him ( as well as the bowcaster wound), so he loses

It makes sense to me
Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.