[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Make one change to the Force Awakens that would improve the story
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8
File: force-awakens-han.png (365 KB, 600x416) Image search: [Google]
force-awakens-han.png
365 KB, 600x416
Make one change to the Force Awakens that would improve the story or characters. If your post is dubs we catalog it and the changes are canon.

I'll start:

>Rey is desperate to get off Jakku and possibly find her family, she's working to get enough portions/credits to purchase/repair a ship, opting against paying for passage off the planet: She's determined to own her very own ship
>>
the force only allows people to communicate with their butt cheeks
>>
Adam driver doesn't wear a mask rolling
>>
>>64226337

Han Solo doesn't act like a caricature of himself
>>
>>64226356
Dumb. The mask worked. It should have only been taken off for the first time when Han asks to see his son. Would have more impact IMO.
>>
Han and leai aren't in the movie
>>
>>64226375
>doesn't think Adam driver was better the second he got rid of the dumb mask
>>
>>64226378
Take out Han and the movie wouldn't have legs to stand on.

>Rey doesn't pussy out when the force gives her that premonition, she's intrigued and wants to know more about the force pushing her to become more invested in finding Skywalker to learn more
>>
jews don't make it and then use it to sell toys and comics
>>
>Luke swoops in to save rey from kylo.
>>
The movie was directed by Zach synder
>>
>>64226404
What are you talking about? He only took it off for two scenes before the moment I mentioned. One during the torture and it makes no difference for him to wear it and one where he's listening to Snoke. The first time we see him should be the first time Han has seen him in years and also reveals this menacing villain is still young man.
>>
File: 1450671903767.png (3 KB, 186x186) Image search: [Google]
1450671903767.png
3 KB, 186x186
>>64226337
Maz isn't a fucking CGI orange and Snoke isn't CGI and instead is a fucking practical effect like the kind of practical effect JJ and Lucasfilm were jerking off about publicly 18 months before the movie came out

fucking hell
>>
Rob Schneider is casted to play Han Solo instead of Harrison Ford. No mentions or attempts to explain this are made in the film or publicly by JJ
>>
no death star
>>
>>64226337
Rey is male and all the main characters are male because Jedis can't be girls and gives a lot more room for male-male shipping
>>
>>64226449
This really should be a given. Making your major antagonist completely CGI is just dumb. I don't like the character. Hopefully Ren gets trained, stops being a pussy that gets beaten up by first timer force girls and usurps the throne by killing that CGI loser.
>>
Boyega has British accent and try is played by kiera
Knightely
>>
>>64226337
TR-8R is the main character.
>>
The resistance looses.
Everything would be improved. Rey wouldn't be a Mary-Sue; there would have been an actual plot that mattered, not just character development and world building with a story in the background; shit would feel like it had consequences. The audience would be shitting themselves in anticipation of the next movie. It would just be a great twist on the formula.
>>
>>64226337
Han Solo, Chewie and Leia work together as smugglers they look for the map to find Luke while being chased by the Order
>10/10
>>
>>64226499
Tr-8r has all scenes cut by a good editor
>>
File: yes yes yes.gif (736 KB, 395x222) Image search: [Google]
yes yes yes.gif
736 KB, 395x222
>>64226499
Oh shit
>>
>>64226418
>>64226337
Thread/
>>
>>64226504
>shit would feel like it had consequences.

I don't know if it's a by product of everyone I care about being on the Shitty death star rip off but the whole air/trench battle stuff feels so pointless. I wasn't remotely invested. It seemed like an inconvenience, totally at odds with the Death Star battle for IV.
>>
>>64226337
Han tells it to Kanjiclub
>>
>>64226475
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>64226337
Han would have at least two scenes with his son. One scene and he get's killed WTF.
Lazy writing yup yup yup.
>>
rey has a rare disease that makes it impossible for her to wear clothing
>>
>>64226337
Kylo Ren's identity as Han/Leia's son isn't explicitly revealed until the scene on the bridge. Han and Leia talk about losing their son and wanting him back, maybe implying that Kylo and their son were both padawans being taught by Luke when Kylo went rogue and killed everyone, then have Han drop the bombshell on the bridge just before Kylo kills him. It'd be like a darker twist on what happened in ESB.
>>
File: 1447519273591.png (71 KB, 251x172) Image search: [Google]
1447519273591.png
71 KB, 251x172
>>64226622
>>
>>64226595
>>64226640
Good one
>>
>>64226337
Finn is the reluctant hero instead of Rey.
>>
>>64226417
>>Rey doesn't pussy out when the force gives her that premonition
So we're removing any semblance of a shadow of an inkling of a character "flaw".

Yes, make her even more flawless. That won't be stupid at all.
>>
captain phasma steps up and beats the shit out of finn, not some random trooper
>>
>>64226337
Jar Jar saves Han and fights Kylo to a draw.
>>
>>64226640
It'd have been visible from a fucking mile away, but I suppose it wouldn't be too bad.
>>
Han Solo, Leia, R2D2, C3PO and Chewie work on a smuggler ship helping Han pay off some debt by smuggling Sith artifacts. Leia is ok with it because Vader was Sith and some things belonged to him, together with a holocron showing secrets of the Force Leia wants to use to find that Jedi Temple Luke went to.

Their son turned to evil and leads the Order with Snoke and Hux. That's why they need more info about the Snoke and history of all that to save their son. The entire story is essentially about saving their son. On their way they encounter Lando C., Kanjiclub and Sccotish smugglers and have an ebin adventure
>>
>>64226710
Her rejecting that premonition and the force isn't a flaw, it's a fucking speed bump in the story. The whole sequence after it feels like it shouldn't be there and was supposed to be different. Her whole character should be re-written from the ground up but someone that strong with the force shouldn't be hesitant or rejecting towards the force. They should be curious.
>>
>Han and Luke reunite
Why did that not happen
>>
>>64226749
Also Leia isn't a Jedi, but uses Luke's first lightsaber for some reason, but mostly a blaster
>>
>>64226556
They wouldn't even have to change that. Can you imagine what a mind fuck it would be if you were watching that scene, not feeling invested or worried, and then a second squadron of TIE fighters came in and just started downing motherfuckers left and right? And the fight with Kylo and Rey if Kylo got the upper hand and brutally fucked up rey?

My fucking eyes would have been glued open if that happened.
>>
>>64226762
>Her rejecting that premonition and the force isn't a flaw,
Sure it is. She's overwhelmed, reluctant, doubtful, maybe afraid. That's what real people get.
>>
Jar Jar Binks makes an appearance.

Fuck all of you, if he was acknowledge, you guys would fucking cheer.
>>
>>64226724
>Jar Jar is actually Snoke
>>
>>64226775
Because he can't call him 'kid' anymore
>>
>>64226711
When he took off his helmet he definitely should have gotten disciplinary action. What kind of crazy Nazi military just lets lapses in discipline like that slide?
>>
>>64226337
TR-8R is now Captain Phasma

or Adam Driver stays Lena Dunham's slave and literally anyone else is Kylo Ren.
>>
>>64226787
in my head cannon his house gets mobbed at the end of Jedi and he gets beaten to death.
>>
>>64226337

There's a hot monkey sex scene with Finn and Poe
>>
>>64226785
It's fine to be afraid but when given an experience like that I'm sure most people are curious and want more. Especially those strong with the force. As I said, she should have been re-written from the ground up, but that scene simply doesn't work in terms of character. If the only flaw you're going to give your hero is a rejection to the call to adventure then fuck them, I want no part of their journey.
>>
>>64226749
Sounds cool, and probably more interesting character developent than Han and Leia basically staying in the same roles for 30 years
>>
>>64226375
>>64226442
I would have liked that too. Seriously, what was the point of revealing his face just because Rey said to?
>>
>>64226848
Dont you think its weird that the story only really started half way through, when Rey rejected the call to adventure then was forced to accept it to escape the interrogation?
>>
they should have kept the Death Star
>>
>>64226337
No planets blow up.
>>
Han should have had an eye patch.
>>
>>64226825
Don't worry anon. There's going to be a 20 minute sex scene between them in the 9th movie.
>>
I have a ton of things in mind that I would change. So im going to disregard OPs rules for a second.

>Kylo Ren is stronger than Rey and not a pussy
>Rey is discovering she is part of the force but she isn't as over powered as shown in the movie
>Kylo Ren kills fin
>Rey now fights Kylo Ren out of revenge for fin
>Luke appears (he senses a disturbance in the force) as Rey is getting rekt by Kylo Ren
>Luke saves Rey as Han Solo is blowing up the important thing
>Reys potential is recognized by Luke and takes her as a padawan (Im not sure if age matters when being a padawan. But she basically becomes Lukes apprentice).
>>
Kylo ren is played by tom hardy
>>
Make the movie 30 mins longer
>>
>>64226337
>she's working to get enough portions/credits to purchase/repair a ship

>she lives in the Falcon, which is just a junker in a scrap heap, rather than that defunct AT-AT
>her scavenging serves both as a source of income and a source of parts for the repairs she's making to the Falcon
>her goal is to fix it up and fly herself off the shithole that is Jakku
>>
>>64226923
from a story perspective I think there's a lot of things that come off as weird.

Also it's Rey's second rejection of the call to adventure. Han offers her a role as a co-pilot and she says no due to obligation a non existent family. She says no after the premonition jest because as far as I can tell.
>>
>>64226980
>9th movie

Holy sh*t! They're making nine of these f*ckers?!
>>
Bb8 side plot fighting off sand people before finding Rey
>>
Instead of another civil war, there is an outside threat. Like from another galaxy
>>
File: 1449180504668.png (549 KB, 476x718) Image search: [Google]
1449180504668.png
549 KB, 476x718
>>64226666
Holy hell
>>
>>64227065
Yeah it was really strange how her backstory was apparently this huge part of her character but was never really explained. I mean, at least let us empathise with her need to keep waiting on the planet for whatever reason.
>>
>>64227046
Yeah I'd like this. I feel like the movie needs at least one of the new characters to be willingly moving the plot along. As it is, Finn wants to run away from the NO and Rey wants to refuse the adventure and wait on Jakku
>>
File: 1451341706449.jpg (76 KB, 579x862) Image search: [Google]
1451341706449.jpg
76 KB, 579x862
>>64226980
Star Wars Episode IX: Black Is The Warmest Color
>>
>>64227211
So it is written
>>
>>64227211

dubs confirm
>>
>>64227147
I really don't know why so much was left to mystery. It adds nothing and it's extremely irritating that we won't get any character depth until the second film at minimum. I'm not sure if it's lazy, a story device to get us to find out more in the sequel™ or they honestly don't know who she was or what she will be at this point either. She's a an extremely poorly developed character
>>
>>64226337
Hardcore rape scene where Fasma collect all leser rank soldier and rape them very very cruel in elivator as one of Finn's nightmare during flying to those green planet with orange yoda.
>>
the movie ends with an extremely graphic anal creampie

the change to the film would somehow happen back during premier night and would have slipped under the radar so that the masses could exprience it
>>
File: antz-stallone.jpg (129 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
antz-stallone.jpg
129 KB, 500x313
>>64227365
>yfw she was literally a model from antz
>>
Chewbacca gets caught jerking off
>>
We get a scene where Space Hitler and his lieutenants argue with the Moff Council (the actual leaders of the Imperial Remanant). The Moffs want to uphold peace with the Republic for at least another decade so that they can have the time to rebuild their strength and then take over the Galaxy. Hux angrily yells at them about how their passivity, infighting and rigidity was what ended the Empire after Endor. His position is that the First Order is ready now and that the war has been delayed to long already. The Moffs are outraged and think he's a foolish youngling. One of the Moffs scolds him because he's subservient to a what appears to him to be a mumbo-jumbo con artist and needs to share his office with an angsty teen. Hux then goes on an angry rant about how true Nietzschean Übermensch don't need the Force or other such stupidities to succeed and how he hates Ren. He blames the Moffs to be such decreipt old farts that he had to ally with Force users.
Also the scene should make it clear that the Empire is nothing but stable with incessant squabbles between Moffs/Warlords and different factions.

What do you think? I thought it would add some depth to the NO beyond HURRRR SPACE NAZIS!!!
>>
>>64226337
>Maz Kanata is played by Lupita Nyong'o in fancy make-up and more of a space-mambo instead of being a "pirate queen" who happens to look like a talking orange.
>>
Deathstar 3.0 doesn't exist instead they just assault a first order base on a normal planet, making the movie less of a rehash
>>
Rey is a sex slave when we first meet her and she dons the slave outfit
>>
Rey is shown sucking alien cock for a ration because she didn't find enough salvage and the hunger is killing her
>>
>>64226337
They cancelled it preproduction. There your faggy flicks are saved.
>>
TR-8R kills Finn, then Han and Chewie
>>
>>64227865
he just keep doin it when he they catch him thogh
>>
>>64226337
JJ gets into a fatal car crash prior during pre-pre production
>>
>>64226337
'AN SOLO BECOMES A DED MAN
>>
>>64227211
IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES
>>
>>64226337
>Rey is more obviously lesbian
>>
>>64226356
The mask was just fine. It served a purpose after all: To hide the fact that he's just some lanky average-to-bad looking bloke.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.