[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do different substances affect your movie viewing experience?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
How do different substances affect your movie viewing experience? Genuinely interested, seriously never watched a film without being sober.
>>
File: sanic on lsd.jpg (53 KB, 498x558) Image search: [Google]
sanic on lsd.jpg
53 KB, 498x558
LSD low dose: makes any film watchable. ANY.
LSD high dose: I AM THE MOVIE
>>
DUDE
>>
File: 1449023096030.jpg (44 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1449023096030.jpg
44 KB, 499x499
>>64225556
SUCKS FOR ME I REMEMBER BACK IN MY WEED DAYS EVERY TIME A FUNNY OR INTERESTING THING I HAD TO PAUSE THE MOVIE TO SMOKE AGAIN WHICH WAS ON AVERAGE EVERY 30 MINUTES
>>
>>64225556
Watching a slower paced movie while drunk makes me fall asleep
>>
>>64225619

>watching a film on any dose of psychedelics

I don't know how people do it. I can sit in front of the TV or the computer periodically for a bit, but tripping is too intense for me to watch movie in its entirety. When I'm tripping I feel the need to pace around and go smoke a bunch of cigarettes and take a walk and think about shit.
>>
i watched Truman Show stoned once and wept like a bitch

best movies to watch stoned are really stupid comedies that otherwise wouldnt be funny, anything high brow is too srs to enjoy

watching movies drunk makes me forget half of them, i watched TFA and forgot that entire Kanjiclub tentacle monster scene ever happened, along with the orange alien
>>
>>64225640
i think being drunk helped me get through Once Upon a Time in America (Extended Director's Cut, 4+ hours within one sitting, no distractions) which I wouldn't have been able to otherwise and a lot of people consider that movie slower paced
>>
Weed makes shitty editing/acting/framing super obvious
>>
>not watching Fear and Loathing on copious amounts of dxm

Shirt nigger, wtf r u doin
>>
They literally all worsen your experience
>>
>>64225556

Normally just get pissed and forget half the film the next day. I usually only get drunk marathoning series though.
>>
>>64225556
I took two hits of acid before watching Star Wars on the biggest imax in the world.

John Boyengas face was never meant to be seen that fucking big.
>>
>>64225798
>Not watching in it in vegas, on acid while waiting for your friends to finish their normie predrinks and then head off to circus circus to do blow in the bathroom with the only other degenerate friend with a taste for more than liquor
>>
>>64225663
drugs can affect people differently. Never specifically done LSD but other drugs I agree with you.
>>
>>64226024
You sir. I would party with you.
>>
> buy a 200 ml whiskey from a gas station on the way to the theatre
> buy a small diet coke in the theatre
> mix during prequels

I do this religiously. Finishing a good movie and returning to reality is too depressing otherwise.
>>
I smash cones while watching movies. I can never remember anything I've watched despite watching countless movies. Makes for a boring discussion when someone brings up a movie, I go I've seen it and can't remember a single detail.
>>
>>64226040
The only effect on watching that I notice is distorted time and pacing in the movie. Like a scene will end really quickly or drag out forever or the movie ends abruptly, and then you go back and watch it sober and none of those things were true.
>>
>>64225770
Weed always makes films enjoyable unless it's horror movies which I can just never buy faded. I can't watch movies on LSD at all cuz I just see thru it completely. Actors, direction, I'm always aware of the falsehood of it all. ANIMAL DOCUMENTARIES ARE FUCKING COOL THO
>>
>>64226112
Yeah watching a movie wasted is pointless. Just a few of drinks to loosen the mood and action movies and comedies are usually more fun
>>
Saw one of the Resident Evils on shrooms and it felt like the greatest movie I had ever seen. It had clones and I started thinking I might be a clone or some shit. Sucks I haven't been able to get shrooms again since that time a friend just happened to give them to me.
>>
>>64225556
I watched Goodfellas while tripping on shrooms. It became an organic, living experience in which I warned that kid that gets shot by Joe Pesici not to say what he says that gets him shot thinking that would save him but it still happened.
>>
File: 1448113358569.jpg (169 KB, 479x450) Image search: [Google]
1448113358569.jpg
169 KB, 479x450
>>64225984
>WOO!
>>
>>64225556
Watching Mimic 3 alone in a dark room, high af on weed was one of the comfiest experiences of my life. Don't remember much of the movie (except that the guy survives an explosion by hiding in a fridge at the end, years before Crystal Skulls which was fucking funny), it probably sucks ass.
>>
>>64225556
Tree of Life and Samsara are complimented extremely well with hallucinogens.
>>
>>64226925
Describe your experience w/ TTOL. Was it godly?
>>
Not >>64226925

>>64227227
But Tree of Life is incredible on shrooms. I really felt an intense intangible connection to every scene. The tone and direction is perfect for tripping. Watership Down is another great one but the emotions can get very intense in some parts
>>
Smoked too much weed and watched the Life of Pi in the cinema.

Most dreadful film experience yet.
>>
>>64225770
>>64225556

Weed makes me most of the movie because I'll be analysing a scene at the beginning
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.