[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why hasn't there been a Command & Conquer movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: CnC_GDI_Wallpaper_by_HKHSBC~01.jpg (57 KB, 637x768) Image search: [Google]
CnC_GDI_Wallpaper_by_HKHSBC~01.jpg
57 KB, 637x768
Why hasn't there been a Command & Conquer movie?
>>
>>64224067

>videogames to movies
>ever a good idea

pick one
>>
The fmv of the games not enough for you?
>>
>>64224101

>Biehn and JEJ chewing scenery for beer money wasn't bad enough.
>>
>>64224078
Scott Pilgrim wasn't that bad. It's just the fact that most are done as cheap cashgrabs that prevents them from being good. That and the guys in charge don't know shit about those games.

>>64224067
Their storylines are ridiculous, their main appeal are the ridiculous units and most importantly, their cutscenes already ARE movies.
>>
>>64224078

street fighter was good
>>
>>64224183
Scott Pilgrim wasn't a video game adaptation.
>>
>>64224211
But it is without a question a video game movie.
>>
>>64224067
Because there hasnt even been a game in 7 years. Ded series is ded.
>>
Red Alert was a damn movie with all that live action crap
>>
>>64224330
Not really, you could have told a similar story without all of the video game references, gone full punk rock for example.
But here it is quite specifically not adapted from a video game. It just references video games.

It's like the different between Big Bang Theory referencing Star wars and being set in futuristic space.
>>
>>64224431
That was every CnC with the possible exception of generals, which i dont remember having at the moment.
>>
>>64224067
Because if a game series hasn't sold at least 10 million copies in the last 5 years no-one wants to make a movie of it.
>>
File: bitch_king.jpg (215 KB, 822x844) Image search: [Google]
bitch_king.jpg
215 KB, 822x844
>>64224078
I'm guessing you haven't seen the Warcraft trailer?
>>
Because EA completely destroyed the franchise.

How many times does this have to happen before somebody does something? I'm seriously considering mail-bombs and targeted assassinations at this point. How many great franchises and great companies have to be irreparably ruined before the beast is slain?
>>
Original C&C was made in a different era where western governments were still viewed positively and third world terrorists the vice versa. The media changed the narrative too much and it'd be too PC, given that Nod actively uses groups like the Palestinians (SJW lovechild), African rebels (SJW lovechild), and communists (SJW lovechild) as fronts for their operations
>>
File: shepard.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
shepard.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
>mfw tiberium dawn will never be a movie
>>
File: Tiberiumbridge.jpg (463 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Tiberiumbridge.jpg
463 KB, 1920x1080
>>64226792
Tiberian Sun is a better era to depict. It visually looks better too.

Just through in Mammoth Tanks in for that extra nostalgia.
>>
>>64225165
Not him, although I want the movie to be good, the trailer wasn't anything that would change the video game to movie landscape forever. It looks passable with the first trailer.
>>
>>64225662
i dont blame EA to much it was bound to happen, early C&C was perfect for the time and limitations in technology.
>>
Red Alert 2 is one of the best games ever
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.