[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transformers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 2007_transformers.jpg (491 KB, 2310x1500) Image search: [Google]
2007_transformers.jpg
491 KB, 2310x1500
Why do you think the first one was fairly good, but the sequels were crap?
>>
>>64222614
Bay actually tried with this one because he didn't know if it was gonna flop or not. He figured after the Island did mediocre buisness, this would break him if it flopped. But it did great buisness. Then bay made 2 during the writers strike. It was shit, but made a lot of money. Something clicked and bay realized he could shit out terrible trans offers movies and still make a lot of money to finance the projects he wanted to to do
>>
>>64222688
That explains a lot. It's a shame though, Transformers deserves better. I don't expect Jurassic Park or Titanic levels of quality, but I would appreciate less dog humping.
>>
>>64222614
stephen spielberg
>>64222688
jesus, what an idiot
>>
T E L L
H
A
T O

K A N J I
L
U
B
>>
>>64222614
He modeled it after Terminator 2.
>>
>>64222614
The first one wasn't good, just somewhat less shit than the others.
>>
>>64222833
Like I said, fairly good.
>>
>>64222783
Spielberg was onboard? That explains even more.
>>
>>64222688
Didn't he have to agree to 3 and 4 just to get the funding for pain and gain?
>>
>>64222937
>Spielberg was onboard?
heve you even seen the movie?
it's fucking obvious
>>
>>64222974
He was gonna take a break between 2 and 3 to make pain and gain, but execs twisted his arm and made him do it first before pain and gain. Which explains why 3 looks like it was made by a guy who hated the movie he was making. 4 was probably so they'd finance bayghazi
>>
now it's all about the chinabux for M. Bay

their pleb audiences are hopefully catching onto how badly they're being pandered to & the subsequent backlash will help, but govt.'s censorship of rebellious & mystical/ghostly themes, etc. isn't going anywhere . . .

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-ways-china-hollywood-are-teaming-up-to-ruin-movies/
>>
>>64223081
Didn't Transformers 4 actually underperform in the US, enough so that Paramount is talking about a reboot of the franchise?
>>
>>64223110
It performed below 3 overall, but broke records in china

Bay is doing for China Marketing what Cameron did for December release dates
>>
File: 1387124733136.jpg (23 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1387124733136.jpg
23 KB, 300x400
>>64223081

>cracked.com

c'mon son
>>
>>64223110
maybe the Hispanic teenage boys have had their fill of it for the time being

I'm not writing a research paper here, I just happened to stumble across a relevant article, sorry!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.