[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
What went wrong?
>>
there was a pic of like the writer and it said "me and the writers of dexter" and it was all chicks, this was during the last season i think.
i can't find it.
>>
it got greenlit lmao
>>
he married rita
>>
>>64221332
They stopped basing the show on the books, and just made shit up.
>>
Different writers after season 4 fucked shit up.
>>
>>64221370
This. As the seasons progressed they hired more and more female writers. By the last season they only had 1 male writer.
>>
>>64221332
silly premise
>>
>>64221370
I was gonna post that pic, but it took me a while to find it and now i cant get first reply so im not gonna bother
>>
James Doakes died.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 640x960
>>64221332
>>
>>64221477
This. First-season was god-tier, a friend had it on recently and I forgot how great it was. It was based on the first book in the series, and was put together so well, great acting, great story.

The writers had absolutely no fucking clue where to go after that, so they added tits and killed the 2nd best character. Then they had to resort to stunt casting to get anyone to keep watching after that.

Total garbage.
>>
pulled their best card in season 2, season 3 wasn't the best, season 4 was good, except the writing staff changed after it. then we get seasons 5, 6, 7, and 8 full of garbage
>>
>>64221693

Oh God. I forgot 'pardon my tits.'
>>
>>64221714
>pulled their best card
False. Capturing Doakes made it seem suspenseful and dramatic, but they wrote themselves into a corner and the show literally could not continue unless they killed him, which makes it lazy fucking writing.

A series of cliffhangers with no payoff is called L O S T
>>
>>64221693
I went back to rewatch and had the opposite experience, I found it impossible to suspend my disbelief and I thought the acting was really cheesy. I really enjoyed tbe series back in the day so I was really disappointed.

On an unrelated note, MCH went to my high school!
>>
>>64221332
Killed Brian. Fuck Doakes, the problem with Dexter was the constant attempts every season to fill Brian's role.
>>
>>64221845
>opposite experience
What does that even mean, you disliked the first season only?

The acting was all shit season 2 and beyond, season 1 worked cuz Dexter the character was creepy and weird anyway.
>>
File: deborah.jpg (43 KB, 365x392) Image search: [Google]
deborah.jpg
43 KB, 365x392
>>64221332
>>
>>64221893
>fuck doakes
>the only detective who actually knew something wasn't right about Dexter
>the only detective who added actual suspense to the show
Every other detective was awful.
>>
>>64222253

Of course they were; Miami-Dade county wouldn't be crawling with serial killers if it had a competent police force.
>>
>>64222344
Haha true, that was always ridiculous. I guess I was speaking more regarding the entertainment value of Doakes.
>>
>>64221332
Divergence from the books after the first season.
>>
More ghosts than fucking Birth of a Nation
>>
The writers turned it to shit, the last episodes especially felt like everyone just thought "fuck it, let's just get it over with".

Prime example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBRvhIV81hY
>>
Season 7 was bretty gud, shoulda ended it there.
>>
>>64221407

Books were shit. One of the books had Dexter chasing vampires and shit.
>>
Too many women in Dexter's life. In season 1, it was perfect with just his gf (two no kinky gf). After that it was just a clusterfuck of women who "understand" Dexter.

Dexter, being a psychopath, shouldn't have given a flying fuck about these women but MUH HOLLYWOOD LOVE and MUH LOVE CAN CURE ANYTHING

Tbh though, Season 1 was god tier and Season 7 was pretty dope too
>>
>>64221332
They went for a second season.
>>
>>64224308
Rita was great. I legit felt sad for Dexter when she died in S4.

Dexter wasn't really a psychopath past season 1 though, he was just really fucked up.
>>
>>64223926
Ahah holy fuck what the hell
>>
They made Dexter to human

But if they didn't then there would be no character development, so it should have ended at season 4
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 467x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 467x315
>>64224419
I did as well, Anon

Exactly, you don't just cure ASPD by having women in your life. He's supposed to be this hardcore serial killer but opens up to ANYONE that wants his dick.

>mfw seeing a gay Dexter
>>
>>64221332
Doakes died.

Think about it. If they had kept him alive it would have made the show way more exciting. Maybe they could have even put their differences aside and help each other out. I mean in the book Deb was supposed to find out sooner and she still helped him.
>>
the ending to season 1 was so great if it had ended just there it would have been perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBTS47gQsBY
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.