[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished the Dollars trilogy, which one was your favorite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: Clint-461x300.jpg (34 KB, 461x300) Image search: [Google]
Clint-461x300.jpg
34 KB, 461x300
Just finished the Dollars trilogy, which one was your favorite one?
For me it was The Good, The Bad And The Ugly>For A Few Dollars More > A Fistful of Dollars.
I guess they all have their strengths and weaknesses though depending on what you care about most, this could be in any order I suppose. I liked the relationship between Tuco and Blondie the most, and the ending was the best one.
>>
>inb4 some OUATITW fag
>>
>>64221213
The Good, The Bad And The Ugly>For A Few Dollars More

Fistful is fucking trash and not anywhere near the same caliber
>>
>>64221273
I thought Clint's character was at his best in that movie.
>>
>>64221273
Fistful is a lean and mean pulp western. Good Bad and the Ugly is good but bloated in places.
>>
>>64221213
The Force Awakens episode 7
>>
File: images.jpg (20 KB, 303x454) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
20 KB, 303x454
>>
>>64221213
For a Few Dollars More

Van Cleef and Eastwood was GOAT duo
>>
>>64221213
A Fistful of Dollars: 7/10, Clint is in point but it never really characterizes the Baxters at any point and the depiction of violence is incredibly dated. Good Western remake of Yojimbo, at any rate

For A Few Dollars More: 10/10, improves upon Fistful in every way. The dynamic between Mortimer and Manco is great, as is the villain and his crew. The musical cues and overall score are amazing. The rape flashbacks were incredible, hard to believe they were part of a 70s Western.

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: 9/10, definitely the most "epic" and has the widest scope. My main issues are with the Angel Eyes character not being set up as as "evil" as we are supposed to assume he is, and the story has a bit of what I feel is unnecessary padding. Best soundtrack and cinematography of the trilogy, however.
>>
>>64223241
>For A Few Dollars More: 10/10, improves upon Fistful in every way. The dynamic between Mortimer and Manco is great, as is the villain and his crew. The musical cues and overall score are amazing. The rape flashbacks were incredible, hard to believe they were part of a 70s Western.

Not to mention the fact that Mortimer's ulterior incredibly personal motive reveal made the whole story more meaningful than anything in the other two.
>>
>>64223455
His is true.

How did TGTBTU get to be widely known as the best of the trilogy? Was it just the most widely known?
>>
The Good the Bad and the Ugly = For A Few Dollars More
>>
>>64223490
Catchiest name
>>
>>64223490
because its is the best one

/tv/ is just full of contrarians who have to be special snowflakes
>>
>>64223561
>everyone who disagrees with me is contrarian

Top delusion familio
>>
>>64223490
Eli Wallach probably. For a Few Dollars more doesn't have that humorous side to it and with all due respect to Van Cleef, Tuco was a better character.
>>
>>64223615
im not wrong though

everyone in the real world considers TGTB&TU the best one and /tv/ seems universal on the idea that FAFDM is the best
>>
>>64223693
Right because

>>64221213
>>64221273
>>64223645

Nobody in this thread agrees with you.

Fuck off faggot, if you actually believe that people form their opinions on films based on the opinions of others, you have a very juvenile mindset.
>>
OUATITW > TGTBATU > FAFDM > AFOD
>>
File: burger kind.jpg (74 KB, 650x422) Image search: [Google]
burger kind.jpg
74 KB, 650x422
>>64221213
>>64221273

I prefer For a Few Dollars More

im gonna sound like a pleb, but I really didnt understand The G,B, U. It seemed that the characters just showed up, and Clint Eastwood had some past beef with the main villain that was overshadowed.

However, I watch the Good Bad and Ugly before either of the trilogy, and so I may have missed some important details that better clarifies the movie.

However it just seemed like a misadventure movie trilogy to me, with random problems.

Also,
>The Outlaw Josie Wales is better than all three movies combined
>>
The backstory in For a Few Dollars more didn't feel too fleshed out and handled that well to me at all actually. Everything else was great, except for that.

The main flaw in The Good the Bad and the Ugly was Angel Eyes being a really poor villain, especially compared to Ramon and Indio. However, the dynamic between Tuco and Blondie was great and really memorable, and Tuco stands on his own as a really good character.

The endings are about equal, but I think The Good The Bad and The Ugly might have a slightly better one. It kinda comes down to whether you prefer a more bittersweet ending like FAFDM or a more comedic one like TGTG&TU, perhaps. Another element to it is that the ending of TGTG&TU has a bit more impact as it's the culmination of their relationship, which you've been following the entire movie, as opposed to the pocketwatch backstory that you're thrown into in the middle of FAFDM.

I think FAFDM really should have started the story earlier with a prologue with Mortimer and Indio to ease into that a bit better, or something to that effect.
>>
TGTB&TU is crearly the best
>>
>All this A Fist Full of Dollars hate
Fuck all of you people
>>
>>64223886
I don't hate it, but it's really just a very simple movie. The only thing it really has over the other two is that Joe is really good in it.
If the movies had continuity, and ignoring everything else that could contradict what I'm about to say, I'd put Fistful last in terms of how experienced he seems compared to FAFDM and TGTB&TU. Though it probably has more to do with him being on is own as opposed to having a partner.
>>
>>64221213
FAFDM>FOD>TGTBATU
>>
>>64221213

can someone explain if the mustachioed villain appeared before TGTBTU, or was he just a shoehorned fuqboi villain added to round out the trilogy?

It never seemed like this trilogy had recurring villains
>>
>>64224071
Good bad and ugly was a prequel to the other 2
>>
>>64224086

.... cant tell if youre trolling me

like, its been nearly a decade since Ive seen them and i was always drunk so I cant remember
>>
>>64224119
That's what I've read. Apparently it's because you see him get the cloths he wears in the first movie
>>
>>64224071

It's not actually a trilogy. Lee Van Cleef does appear in For a Few Dollars more, but he's not the same character. Clint Eastwood technically does not play the same character in any of them.
>>
>>64224202

ah, i wondered why his name suddenly was "blondie" in the last installment

Does anyone else have love for the Outlaw Josie Wales? Its my all time favorite Western
>>
>>64221213

BASED ANON

Thank you for getting it right
>>
>>64221213
A Fistful of Dollars > For A Few Dollars More > The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.