[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any movie with more well developed characters and better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: the-master-dvdfab.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
the-master-dvdfab.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
Is there any movie with more well developed characters and better acting?
>>
>>64219595
TWBB
>>
>>64219595
Several
I mean I haven't seem all of them but they exist
>>
>>64219595
The thing that I found fascinating about this movie is even though it had basically no plot I was never bored
>>
What was wrong with Freddie? Was he mentally impaired? He saw through Master's bullshit.
>>
File: plants.gif (787 KB, 240x174) Image search: [Google]
plants.gif
787 KB, 240x174
>>64219595
rip in peace philip seymour hoffman
>>
>>64220042
Did they ever really play it as being bullshit though? In all the interviews PTA and PSH talk about how the Cause was actually really helping people and wasn't at all negative or cultish at that point in time
>>
dude sex is funny lmao
>>
>>64220135
There was that one scene where some random guy criticized the Cause and asked Master if he had any proof to back up his miraculous claims. Instead of give evidence to why the Cause's beliefs are solid Master flips the fuck out and calls the guy "PIG FUCK!". That set off my bullshit alarm pretty quick
>>
>>64220251
that's true I think I need to rewatch it
>>
>>64219595
That scene had my favorite line of the movie, "I like Kools...they're minty."
>>
>>64221143
They had to keep redoing it because PSH kept screwing up. That's why even though Freddie just opened a pack, in the next shot you several burnt cigs in the ash tray
>>
>>64219595
but the master doesn't develop the characters at all. that is part of the charm of the movie. the plot is thin, the characters are never developed, and the story meanders.
>>
PIG FUCK
I
G

F
U
C
K
>>
Rob Ager used to have a really good dissection of the characters on his YT channel but that fuckface rotates his videos out too much so it's not there any more
>>
>>64224252
literally who
>>
File: shrug.jpg (13 KB, 276x440) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
13 KB, 276x440
>>64224370
He does a lot of cool and in-depth dissertations on movies
>>
Freddie wasn't well developed at all

They never even try to explain what makes him tick. Why is he obsessed with sex? Because he fucked his Aunt when he was drunk? Was he crazy BEFORE the war or AFTER? If he was crazy before the war how did he manage to get some normal chick interested in him? Wouldn't he have been smearing his feces around and masturbating in public already? Why did he even care about her that much? Why didn't he go back what changed him in the war? Did he have a drinking problem before the war of after? I find it hard to care about a character you end up knowing so little about. I don't even know his motivations. He never seems to buy into the cult for a second, but then after that he does he splits almost immediately.

And don't get me started on the Master we don't get into him at all or any of his motivations or even beyond his fake persona. The premise for this movie was so great. "A former GI loses meaning in life and goes to a cult for the answers" but it seems like everything was completely botched.

I'd say there were three amazing scenes in this movie that PTA wanted to do and the rest was just meaningless filler.
>>
>>64224402
his clockwork orange video was pure gold, I used to think he was a hack, but after that I started drinking the kool aid.

I wonder if he'll ever put it up again.
>>
>>64224402
was he the one that made the 2001 series
>>
>>64219595

Turns out the master is his wife and Freddie is more masterful than cokeman since he can go on his bike wherever he wants

10/10 movie
>>
>>64225141
yes that's him
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.