[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Donnie Darko
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
What did you guys think of it?
>>
Tries too hard to be complex. It's a decent movie, decent acting, decent characters, but the writing is a mess of poorly explained ideas and imagery.
>>
>>64217883
I liked it when I was 15. Probably wouldn't like it now. Soundtrack is still god tier, though.
>>
>>64217942
Yea I agree that it is too poorly abstract to fully get the jist of it.
>>
Reddit movie. 0/10 2deep4u garbage.
>>
Absolute pleb trash
Southland Tales is much better
>>
>>64218033
It gets worse on repeat viewings. There's a lot of points in the movie that just make you wonder what you're supposed to be seeing. The incredibly important timetravel shit us a passing thought when compared to backstories about dickish morivational speakers.
>>
>>64218010
It does have one of the best soundtracks I've heard.
>>
Never watched it, is this a meme movie? Because the majority of my friends on facebook even trash slags has that photo with the rabbit guy(?) along with a cheesy quote that I can't recall
>>
>>64218069
>Southland Tales is much better
Agreed.
>>
>>64218187
It's a 2deep4u movie about parallel universes and ghosts and shit. I barely remember it to be honest.
>>
DONNIE DAWKO YER A DEAD MAN
>>
It's a great film that the internet has ruined the reputation of.
>>
>>64218348
YOU'RE NOT AN ATHEIST
>>
Donnie Darko is alright. Don't look to deeply into it, though, and be sure to avoid discussing it with Fedora Fags. They'll think you're in the mood to discuss 2deep4u thoughts and views on the world
>>
>>64218211
The only good part was the car fucking commercial
>>
>>64218420
>the only good part was everything
ftfy
>>
>>64218187
I think it's okay. Memorable, but its 2deep4u story ruins the experience. When I was 14 I thought it was the best.
>>
i love this moive

best of the 00s
>>
It's not a bad movie, just please don't ever talk about it.
>>
>>64218486
Pretty much this.
>>
Theatrical Cut is great.
Director's Cut messes up the soundtrack, and while adding a couple of fun scenes, includes a bunch of shit that unnecessarily fleshes out the time travel mechanics, killing discussion about the original cut's ambiguity, and also turns the plot into a big paradox.

The commentary with Richard Kelly and Kevin Smith is an eye-opener into how fucking mental he was, and how batshit the movie would have turned out if the producers hadn't salvaged it by keeping him on a leash.
>>
>>64218486
/thread
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.