[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I SEND THE THUNDER FROM THE SKY I SEND THE FIRE RAINING DOWN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Prince_of_egypt_ver2.jpg (20 KB, 289x431) Image search: [Google]
Prince_of_egypt_ver2.jpg
20 KB, 289x431
I SEND THE THUNDER FROM THE SKY

I SEND THE FIRE RAINING DOWN
>>
>>64217128
Great soundtrack, even better movie.
>mfw Ramses calls out to Moses at the end
>>
File: 1394848920433.jpg (165 KB, 540x636) Image search: [Google]
1394848920433.jpg
165 KB, 540x636
>>64217182
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WKN0XF8-3Q

> There will never be a masterpiece such as this because Dreamworks is too busy riding muh CGI dick
>>
Im actually surprised at the number of people who haven't heard of this movie, I remember it being somewhat well known when it was in theaters.

I dont think it had a SINGLE bad song, which is somewhat amazing for a musical.

>I send the locusts on the wind, such as the world has never seen
>On every stalk, on every leaf until there's nothing left to feed

Bonus points for being a reasonably faithful adaptation of the source material too
>>
>>64218165
The great thing about the songs in this movie is that they actually move the story along.

They aren't pointless filler like in most animated movies.
>>
>>64218202
This.
Although Miracles didnt really move the story along, iirc.

Also Through Heaven's Eyes was the best song.
>>
>>64217128
Probably the best animated movie of all time.
>>
>>64218268
I prefer All I Ever Wanted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVmtG9_55F0
>that title drop
>>
>>64217128
Saw this movie in theaters when I was a kid. It was pretty damn awesome on the big screen. Especially that opening, I remember having goosebumps.
>>
>>64218341
I love this song, and I love the reprises throughout the rest of the movie, with the scene with the queen and in Plagues, etc
>>
>>64218268

>Miracles didn't move the story along

This is the one where Miriam sings to Moses after the angel of death kills the Egyptian first born? The one that takes part before and after the parting of the Red Sea?

If it is I disagree, it was meant to give Moses the strength to continue on as, in the movie, he was devastated after the final plague. The Hebrew lyrics that the people sing are basically giving thanks to God for being led out of bondage in Egypt. I thought Miracles was probably the most important song in the whole movie.
>>
how come none of them were black? i thought Egyptians were all black
>>
>>64218329

I dont know about that. But it was certainly the best animated musical of all time.
>>
>>64218542

It was the best Exodus movie, at least.
>>
>Jew Lies: The Kids Propaganda Film
I seriously hope this isn't people's nostalgia-inducing kids film.
>>
>>64218483
Its the Mariah Carey/Whitney Houston one, but the version sang in the film.

I can't disagree with your point.

>>64218527
They were all darker complected.
>>
>>64218483
You're right.

You can sense their apprehension at the beginning of the scene. The message and point of this song is to give them strength.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gur8ccqrQ9c
>>
>>64218836
Good point, anon.

I just couldnt remember the context, its been a bit since Ive seen the movie.
>>
>>64218591

Its probably the most faithful cinematic telling of the Exodus story. Everyone knows its a fucking story and not a historical event.
>>
I hope Im not the only one that still finds the Angel of Death scene completely creepy and unsettling.

https://youtu.be/-KUuoayD7G4
>>
I would love to see it adapted as a musical or even a Broadway show desu.

Even if it turns out to be shit there'd be nothing better than seeing fedora tipping gayboys get bootyblasted over it.
>>
>>64219357

I wasn't unsettled by it after the scene where Moses dreamed he was part of the hieroglyphs on the wall. The inaccuracy of the scene with Ramses that preceded the final plague kind of muddled the scene overall for me though.
>>
>>64218591
They actually hired Islamic, Jewish, and Christian advisers/experts/historians when making this movie.

My GOAT animated film to date.
>>
>>64219357
It's a very uncompromising scene. It's not like just a cutaway or just goes straight to Pharoah, it shows multiple children having their souls extinguished just offscreen. Looking back that's a fucking ballsy move.

God this movie was so good, gotta rematch it.
>>
>>64219423
I personally roll with Satanists.
My take is this: Its a good fucking movie, dont let your personal politics dictate what you watch.

It seriously is one of the best fucking animated films ever made.

>>64219465
>the dream sequence
Fuck me dude that shit is downright scary

>>64219600
It really is. I remember watching it as a kid, I was terrified of dying in my sleep for weeks oh the joys of being the only male born to my parents

I think the lack of music and grandeur is what makes it so uncompromising and creepy.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.