[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>end of Dagoba scene in ESB >Yoda says "that boy was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 443x332
>end of Dagoba scene in ESB
>Yoda says "that boy was our only hope"
>Obi-wan says, "no, there is another" implying Leia could be taught the ways of the Force

So why is Leia still a rebel general in TFA and not a Jedi? Why wouldn't Luke want to train his force sensitive sister? She probably could've helped him stop Kyle Ren.
>>
>>64217050
Use the force? Leia can't even use the face.
>>
Leia did too much cocainum. Her force powers were diluted by the power of south american blow.
>>
Leia is a jedi she just didnt have a chance to use her powers in TFA
wait till part 8
>>
Luke and Leia realized that they adult kissed, and decided that they shouldn't spend too much time together
>>
Just 'cuz she's force sensitive doesn't mean she has to be a Jedi, maybe she didn't want to do Jedi training.

Not hard to imagine considering she's already a Princess with political/military responsibilities and no time for sexless monk training.
>>
I love Leia. Such a great character

Too bad about her in TFA.
>>
>>64217050
Yoda corrected Obiwan that there was another hope you fucking filthy Star Wars casual
>>
>>64217107
Haha what??
>>
>>64217475
She'll be back in episode XIII: a newer hope
>>
>>64217050
She was too old. Yes, too old to begin the training.
>>
>>64217050

She is untrained in the force but it aids her diplomatic and military prowess
>>
>>64217050
She could feel Han die hundreds of light years away.
She's still pretty strong in the Force, even if she chose to kill Imperial scum rather than meditate with Luke
>>
File: Star Crossed Lovers.jpg (52 KB, 352x488) Image search: [Google]
Star Crossed Lovers.jpg
52 KB, 352x488
>>64217050

The original intent in 1980 was that the "other" would be Luke's sister who would be shown in Lucas' sequel trilogy (Episode 7).

Leia was a love interest for Luke in 1977-1981. Lucas ended up getting lazy, decided to scrap the idea of a sequel trilogy and decided last minute to just make Leia Luke's sister to tie up the "no, there is another" loose end as well as the love triangle between Han, Leia and Luke. Basically kill two birds with one stone.
>>
>>64217895

Episode XIII: Old and Busted
>>
>>64217050
She didn't want it. It's probably that simple.
>>
She'll probably display Battle Meditation by the episode 8 since she did too much space blow in her youth for physical fights.
>>
>>64217050
Lucas didn't know what the fuck he meant. He's said in an interview, that he said 'no, there is another' because he wanted to raise the stakes so that the audience could believe that Luke might not actually survive. Then in Jedi, he had to come up with an answer as to who was 'the other', so he bullshitting Leia.

When I was younger, I always took the 'there is another' as referring to Darth Vader himself. I think if the Leia being his sister thing never happened, then it would have worked out better. But Lucas fucked up and so Abrams had to deal with the fact that she is his sister and they tried to write her the best way they could.

She's fucked up anyway and probably didn't want a ton of action scenes. The only original cast member enthusiastic about anything with the movies is Hamill. So while it makes sense that she would eventually have become somewhat of a Jedi, they couldn't do that.

But I hope that in the future, maybe in Episode 9, Luke and Leia have some bad ass death scene in which they use some twin force power on something, killing themselves while saving others. Or some shit like that. She needs to have at least on good force using scene. Not just her sensing Han's death.
>>
>>64217050
Yoda was implying Han.
>>
>>64217050
She wanted to bang Han instead of being a virgin
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.