[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which makes better television?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: union-jack-american-flag.png (8 KB, 543x139) Image search: [Google]
union-jack-american-flag.png
8 KB, 543x139
Which makes better television?
>>
US.

UK stuff is boring and not funny.
>>
File: oy_oy.jpg (9 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
oy_oy.jpg
9 KB, 226x223
>>64214615
> What Americans see and hear when they watch a British tv show.

Ello Govnuh', that cheeky gobby fag, gun' stole me knickers, and me john thomas is hangin out with all the benders thinkin I'll go full monty with them down the lane as I'm chasin the cheeky fucker. So before I have her majesty's pleasure, I catch the bastard and people see me goin all rumpy-pumpy on tha' fucker.Well, bob's your uncle and I turned his dick into a fanny I did, but lookin around I saw I was snookered and I was like "great fanny adams", so I whipped him with me twig n' berries and I ran off to get pissed, I've never felt more tickety-boo.
>>
>>64214615
>tfw TV liscenses in Bongistan are real
>>
File: Dave.jpg (40 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
Dave.jpg
40 KB, 650x366
This should clear it up.

>British documentary
>Here, in the jungles of Bhata-Tuthu, the praying mantis is in search of its prey.
>3 minutes of very clean and uninterrupted footage of the praying mantis following a spider

>American documentary
>Guitar riffs playing in the backround
>YOU PROBABLY WOULDNT WANT ONE OF THESE KILLERS IN YOUR BACK YARD
>Rapid jump cuts of the praying mantis
>THE PRAYING MANTIS MIGHT LOOK LIKE A BUG IN CHURCH, BUT THIS NASTY MOTHER-SUCKER IS NOT TO BE MESSED WITH
>More flashy jump cuts
>THIS LITTLE SPIDER DOESNT KNOW WHATS WAITING FOR HIM, THE FURY OF THE MANTIS IS NOT TO BE UNDERESTIMATED
>More flashy jump cuts
>The mantis strikes
>Strange animal growling and screeching noises are dubbed in as it attacks because silent footage is too boring for americans
>Slow mo replay of the attack in black and white
>AND ITS OVER IN A FLASH
>THAT LITTLE SPIDER
>SHOULD'VE PRAYED
>TO THE MANTIS
>Starwipe to next clip
>>
>>64214615
they both have great stuff but follow the money and you'll see America has more great stuff
>>
>>64214615
Let's see...

Every show you know or Doctor Who?
>>
>this Reddit tier le countrysphere humor
Fuck off.
>>
>>64214615
US has better "long" dramas and better production values

UK has better talk shows/banter and "short" dramas; even with their low budgets.
>>
do you like childrens tv? = you will prefer american.

do you like sophisticated, realistic, good quality tv? = you will like british

theyre both different sorts of entertainment. i cant deal with obnoxious and poor quality american stuff. but then again all i watch is grand designs, time team, nature documentaries and british murder dramas
>>
>>64214615
Britcuck here, definitely U.S. I envy the talent of the writers you have over there. The ending of Fargo season 2 left me genuinely depressed as now I have to wait a year and a half for the next season.
>>
>>64214805
Bro, I'm sure you're exagerating, it can't be that bad...

>looks at Ramsay's UK shows vs. Ramsay's US shows

Whelp.
>>
The average UK show is better than the average US show but the US has the best of the best
>>
why is every american shows camera quality really grainy and just all round terrible? looks like its been recorded on a handheld device.

i guess americans dont care about quality and would rather churn out masses of stuff, whereas brits prefer good quality telly
>>
>>64214937
This desu. The QI and would I lie to you are god tier talk/game shows.

I think when it comes down to it

UK = Better non fiction shows/ documentaries
US = Better fictional shows
>>
>>64215050
word
>>
File: 1443750356329s.jpg (4 KB, 99x125) Image search: [Google]
1443750356329s.jpg
4 KB, 99x125
>>64214965
>Time Team
>>
Until the UK makes Dramas on par with The Sopranos, The Wire, True Detective Season 1, Deadwood, Mad Men, and Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul I'll have to give it to America.
>>
ITT Brits try to reassure themselves that they have some quality over quantity advantage over us like they do with everything else.
>>
>>64214965
It's all about time time and the channel quest in general, salvage hunters,that gold mining program, wheeler dealers (kek)

Top tier.
>>
>>64215161
its true though. same with their militaries.
>>
>>64215166
quest is top tier. love a bit of bear grylls in the evening
>>
>>64215189
kek
Somebody will bite.
>>
>>64215166
>time time

lel you know what I mean
>>
File: 1443932024932.jpg (46 KB, 371x462) Image search: [Google]
1443932024932.jpg
46 KB, 371x462
US makes better dramas, UK makes better comedies
>>
>>64215210
Yep, bear grylls then salvage hunters straight after, they have stopped showing time team on the channel called yesterday I think, the bastards.
>>
>>64214615
USA, but British actors are better.
>>
>>64215250
theres nothing cosier than a winter-themed dark british murder drama where some kid gets killed in a small town and detectives are trying to get to the bottom of it.
american dramas lack any sincerity
>>
>>64215334
recommend some then, senpai.

I'm all for watching new stuff
>>
The Office US > The Office UK
>>
>>64215372
ok heres a relevant one
at the moment there is a small series 'And Then There Were None' by BBC. i recommend that

Broadchurch is good as well

not british but Wallander is a sweden crime drama but very similar. english subtitles as well.
>>
>>64215495
I'll add it to the list once i finish my moeblob anime :^)

thanks
>>
>>64214805
>Strange animal growling and screeching noises are dubbed in as it attacks because silent footage is too boring for americans
It's funny because it's true.
>>
>>64215442
This is wrong, only people who have no understanding of human interaction would see any merit in the crappy OTT codpiece that is the US office
>>
Everyone's a fucking none-white in British TV
>>
US Telly has more good stuff lately, but they're also like 10 times bigger and have way more production budget.
Proportionally though, it's probably on par with the U.K.
>>
>ctrl f
>top gear
>0 results

come on guys, legit just watch the train episode and laugh like hell (though the star in reasonably priced cars was a shit segment)
>>
>>64216161
lol just popped into my head anytime some sort animal that is related to or looks like a tiger you'll hear that really loud screeching roar sound effect
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.