[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anakin turned to the dark side just because he had a dream that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 630x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 630x250
Anakin turned to the dark side just because he had a dream that Padme might die?

Lucas really couldn't come up with a better reason? According to Palpatine only one person had ever even been able to cheat death anyway. He killed countless innocent people and attempted to kill his mentor just because of a fucking dream he had? How can anyone defend this writing?
>>
It was showing how love leads to the dark side and reinforcing that the Jedi must remain without strong emotional attachments. It could've been better done but if you accept he is force sensitive and therefore knows a premonition from a dream -- it does actually come true -- it's easy to see how the certainty someone you truly love is going to die while surrounded by dickheads telling you not to love at all could fuck a person up, to be honestly frank with you, my family man. Bashing George Lucas is meme out of control.
>>
>>64212586

He dreamt that his mother would die and she actually did.

Better trust his dreams, don't you think?

To be more specific: He's a fucking jedi, it's not a dream it's a vision, you moron.

By the way, the bad thing about the writting is how dumb Anakin is by trusting Sheev, not the "becomes a sith to save Padme" idea.
>>
Anakin turned to the dark side cuz he was a dummy head

He injures Windu, then Sheev kills him and then he goes welp i guess i'm evil time to kill some younglings FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE JEDI ARE EVIL
>>
>>64212811
This.
He seems genuinely remorseful about Windu's death for all of five seconds, and then immediately becomes this cold hearted killer totally willing to obey Palpatine's orders, the man whom he had just turned in. And then he doesn't even explain to Obi Wan what had led him astray. He just immediately is willing to kill him. It's just bad writing, and this is supposed to be the best of the prequels.
>>
>>64212586
you can turn to the dark side for the dumbest reasons thats why i never want to know why people turned evil most of the time.
>>
>>64212952
He becomes a Sith. Sith deal in absolutes. What is so hard to understand?
>>
>>64212952

He reminds me of my brother when he was on drugs. Often times my brother would stay clean from drugs, just to do a little, and when he failed to stay sober, instead of just saying "okay, I fucked up a little, but I won't do anymore," he'd just go "fuck it" and start burning himself out.

Anakin killing Windu and then just saying fuck it I'm already stuck in the hole, may as well just keep digging, is perfectly understandable since a lot of people do shit like that in real life.

And he was noticeably conflicted about what he should do. He turned Sheev in because he knew that was the "right" thing to do, but he also at the same time he also wanted Sheev to show him how he might use the force to save Padme and at that same time wanted to kill Sheev himself for everything he'd done. And we see that Anakin is noticeably conflicted over where his loyalties lie and even tried to use the Jedi code as an excuse to let Sheev live so he could then learn from him without betraying the Jedi, which didn't work out.
>>
>>64213251
He transitioned in the span of less than a minute
>>
It was a lot cooler to imagine what Anakin's descent, or ascent to Vader looked like than to have seen it rendered so so poorly, draining any mystique or interest.
>>
There should have been more buildup
He should have turned to the dark side because he wanted to willingly, and for his own gain
Not to save his pregnant wife what the fuck
>>
>>64212586
He was a psychopath killer since EP II
thats the reason
>>
>>64213251
Probably the part that "only a sith deals in absolutes"
Pls explain George
>>
>>64213433
You are either a Sith or you aren't a Sith. There is no transitional period where you are somewhat Sith. It's absolute. Sith deal in absolutes.
>>
>>64213509
His Tatooine rampage was justified though
>>
File: 1364669066355.jpg (232 KB, 1500x1024) Image search: [Google]
1364669066355.jpg
232 KB, 1500x1024
>>64212586

1. He had dreamt of the loss of a loved one before, and it came true. He felt very guilty for that.
2. He had started to indulge in his anger and hatred by killing the Tuskens and Dooku which is a one-way trip to Dark Side City.
3. The Jedi Council mistrusted him, treated him like an outsider, and made a grave offense in not granting him masterhood and basically putting kiddie gloves on him as a full-fledged Jedi by right.
4. Palpatine had been working his ass since childhood. He was his own pet project.

Padme was the catalyst. Romantic love is incredible and influential and this was the push point with all of his other problems factoring in. It's not a stretch, at all. You just have tunnel vision on top of disdain for Lucas in general.

How many times does "the dark side is powerful", "the dark side is seductive", etc. need to be repeated to get the gist
>>
>>64212586
Makes his redemption in ROTJ more believable, idiot.
>>
so everyone forgot the whole fear leads to anger thing that Yoda said? I sense much fear in you is a main point of all of star wars. he turned to the darkside because of fear.

why do you people even discuss films if you have no concept of story telling.
>>
>>64213572

t. Anakin
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.