[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good movie? What are its flaws and strong points?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: images (87).jpg (25 KB, 332x443) Image search: [Google]
images (87).jpg
25 KB, 332x443
Is this a good movie? What are its flaws and strong points?
>>
I actually liked it, it was like GotG, dumb concept that actually kinda worked as a movie. It's not a great movie, like all other superhero movies, but it entertains.
>>
>>64211395
Despite it's amazing visuals, it still felt "low budget" for some reason. And the story/script felt like it came straight from the 90s.
>>
>>64211635
that being said, it's a really good movie.
>>
ANTS
>>
Is this Ant-Man? Absolutely horrid

I don't even have high expectations for superhero movies, this was fucking terrible
>>
>>64211395
It's a rehashed version of Iron Man's script... only with small people using suits.

>literally Iron Man.
>>
>>64211817
Care to explain why like anybody else here did?
>>
>And then she went...subatomic
>Pena trying to be funny
>rehash of all the capeshit tropes
>terrible cgi
>Paul Rudd barely keeping the movie together
>>
>>64211890
>>Pena trying to be funny
had the two best scenes in the movie tbqhfamdesusenpai
>>
>>64211862

The plot was very boring and predictable. The acting felt weird and made-for-TV-ish, the score was generic, naturally the premise was a stretch in the first place, I just didn't have any patience watching it.

I can honestly say that's a rare feeling for me, I like 80% of Marvel capeshit.

I had similar feelings about the Garfield Spider-Mans
>>
>>64211982
The scene where he was freaking out and the scene where he punched a guy? Or the scene where he was freaking out and the scene where he enthusiastically talked in slang?
>>
Absolute fucking dogshit. The humour is dumb, the plot is dumb, the ants are dumb, the fact that he can shrink to fit between the atoms and still rek electronics is dumb, the fact that the bad guy kill-shrinks that one dude who was being obstinate in the bathroom without anyone noticing or mentioning it is stupid.

It's a retarded movie. I hear there was some first draft or some other director who wanted to make it that they skipped over that was WAY better. Dunno, I sincerely hated it every step of the way, and I usually enjoy capeshit.
>>
I wonder how different Wright's movie would've been.
>>
Pocket tank.
>>
>>64211395
I think it's great considering the movie knew not to take itself too serious. If it did, it would've been an atrocity (like BvS)
>>
>>64212013
well.. which capeshit isn!t predictable?
>>
File: 1436962679830.jpg (10 KB, 257x300) Image search: [Google]
1436962679830.jpg
10 KB, 257x300
>>64211817
>>64212013
>>64213793
>when ur 35+ & decide to watch a movie about ants
>>
>>64215013

Maybe "rote" is a better term. It's been played out a million times before in the other capeshit movies and they couldn't give a thought to anything different so at this point it exasperates me.
>>
run of the mill capeshit. all capeshit is the same thing

there is quips and some form of mcguffin or object/thing the whole of the plot revolves on

>>64212048
the anon you're replying to is probably about 16~, le ebin nigger slang is top humor for them
>>
>>64211395
It has the feel of just getting the origin story out of the way so they can go ahead and start putting him in the main Avengers stories. In that regard it's fine. It's fun while you're watching it, but pretty forgettable aside from some good set pieces (The look of the world from the shrunken perspective was great). The only thing I can say about it is it makes me wonder how Wright's Ant Man would've looked
>>
It just wasn't funny in any way, which it needed to be because the plot was a groaner. Very safe and bland.
>>
>>64211395
Well i expected him to grow big at some point, but he only used his power to shrink... Other than that it was a ok movie
>>
A legit 8/10 movie.
>>
>>64215367
I'm jealous of your low standards.
>>
>>64215515
I'm jealous of your fedora
>>
File: 1450461643020.png (84 KB, 436x425) Image search: [Google]
1450461643020.png
84 KB, 436x425
>>64215549
FUCK OFF
>>
>>64211395
its my favorite marvel movie, i liked it even more than avengers, its really fun.

thats it, don't expect more than that.
>>
Went in not expecting much.

Ended up being one of the more enjoyable Marvel flicks.

It doesn't take itself seriously so don't do it either.
>>
>>64215040

is that helmet so she can't mind control people?

antman suxxed, the story was boring, the pacing was bad even for a marvel movie, and the acting was phoned in
>>
My only flaw is how quickly the two cops found AntMan at the pool fight scene.

That needed a better transition.
>>
REDDIT
E
D
D
I
T
>>
Would have loved to see what it could have been if Edgar Wright hadn't left. You could still see his influence but it feels like a lot got scooped out and replaced with rehashing Iron Man again. Scott especially suffered when he just seemed to be Paul Rudd doing shitty improv.

Overall I liked it though.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.