[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Entertainment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 666.jpg (639 KB, 641x950) Image search: [Google]
666.jpg
639 KB, 641x950
This movie made Michael Cera intimidating. One of my favorites of the year. Anyone else see it?
>>
>>64210125
>made Michael Cera intimidating.
What? I would have fucked that dweeb up. Good movie though.
>>
>>64210158

Yeah same but he was creepy as fuck.
>>
LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGENDARY
>>
>>64210125

Yes it was excellent, one of my favorites of the year as well.

>>64210158

It wasn't like that. The implication is Neil gave in to his loneliness.
>>
>>64210774
so he banged Michael Cera?
>>
It's shit
>>
>>64210810

something sexual likely went down, yea
>>
>>64210125
I didn't like The Comedy, will I like this?
>>
>>64212087
probably not, though Tarkington's delivery of the word "whore" is worth the time alone.
>>
Great flick. Saw Neil Hamburger live in LA last night actually. Here's one of the jokes...

What do you call a Senior Citizen that can't stop exposing their genitalia? Madonna

>>64212087
Yes
>>
>>64212140
>Glegg Tarkington
>>
*Neil stares off into blank space

DUDE I WONDER IF THAT OVERTURNED CAR WAS LIKE A METAPHOR FOR HIS LIFE/CAREER

LEMME TELL YOU REAL QUICK EXACTLY WHAT THESE COLORS MEAN

Pursuing your dream and living life is very hard :'(

I don't think I've ever seen a movie as cliche 'indie' as this.
>>
>>64212327
Exactly this. Fucking student level filmmaking. The entire movie is a cliche.

And it's essentially the same as The Comedy, except The Comedy had more interesting characters and setting.
>>
>>64212087

You've asked this before. Yeah, you have. No you won't.
>>
>>64212087
I liked The Comedy on paper but found it quite dry
I loved Entertainment
>>
>>64212402
That's the point
>>
>>64212327
>>64212402

You guys really got it all figured out, it's cute.
>>
>>64212402

>it's a cliche

You're waving a flag that says "I don't know what I'm talking about regarding anything"

What's next?

>da ending suked
>da storee suked

Fuck off retard. Case can be made for movie being shit without this 14 year old pleb rhetoric.
>>
>>64212402
>>64212327
I don't think you're giving it nearly enough credit. It's clearly not that simple. Gregg is not a struggling artist dealing with life.
>>
>>64212423
How is this movie any different than something like Somewhere? What is the subtext here? You're saying it's ironically cliche? Where is that hinted at in the film?
>>
>>64212207
how many drinks was he holding? did he yell at anyone in the audience?
>>
>>64212597
I think the point lies in Hamburger's act being intentionally bad, and intentionally provocative. He seems to be some sort of martyr. What's the point of his tour? It's like a divine quest
>>
>>64213960
A martyr? For what? Comedy? It's not like he's passing up real gigs. He's doing bottom of the barrel stuff because that's all he can get.
>>
>>64214206

yep

>>64213960
>intentionally bad

it's not bad, it's clever and hilarious, but delivered to yokels it doesnt really hit and thats the dynamic at play, these are the gigs he can land, not anything bigger that he keeps hoping for
>>
>>64212611
Three at first, and then two. He yelled at the audience when a joke or two went over, suggesting we go see Star Wars like the decrepid winos we are
>>
>>64212597
Somewhere isn't a bad film. I'm tired of redditors bandwagon hating Coppola
>>
>>64214363

B-but she's a woman!
>>
>>64214363
This place became an absolute hivemind because of reddit. You can't discuss even basic directors like Godard without the retard brigade coming in
>>
File: the-virgin-suicides.jpg (1016 KB, 1345x601) Image search: [Google]
the-virgin-suicides.jpg
1016 KB, 1345x601
>>64214363
I liked The Virgin Suicides (alright I loved it, it was pretty neat) but The Bling Ring is legitimately one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I'm neutral on LiT
>>
>>64214576
Nobody brought up tBR. That's a flick at best
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.