[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Rover
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: therover.jpg (647 KB, 4256x2832) Image search: [Google]
therover.jpg
647 KB, 4256x2832
Opinions?
i think its brilliant cinema. exquisite screenplay, sublime acting from rob patterson - i really like his character.

i also like the main guy and the minimalistic dialogue
>>
anyone? damn i should have posted something star wars related
>>
I posted about this yesterday and got no traction. Glad someone else is keeping it going

I really enjoyed it. Thought Pattinson did a solid job at mentally handicapped without going full retard.

Was also enjoyable in a new way on a second viewing knowing the ending.
>>
>>64209163
i like how the main characters actions were unpredictable. a rare thing in films it seems.
i would have liked to see shots of the rest of the world dealing with this collapse but i guess it leaves it open to imagination
>>
File: 1419930078910.jpg (234 KB, 1010x1208) Image search: [Google]
1419930078910.jpg
234 KB, 1010x1208
I was super fucking blown away by this movie when I saw it. Seemed to come out of nowhere and slip right back under the radar. Maybe a little forgettable, but a solid apocalypse thriller with some interesting ideas.

Here's an image I made when I saw it 363 days ago.
>>
shit
>>
>>64209298
agreed.
although theres nothing boring or yawn worthy about book of eli and the road
>>
File: 1381377994497.jpg (68 KB, 681x876) Image search: [Google]
1381377994497.jpg
68 KB, 681x876
ya it was good. there was alot of threads about it when it came out. the movie is older now anon and didn't become a thing here like drive
>>
>>64209163
Agreed. It actually holds up to a seconadry viewing because you're aware of the main character's motivations. Solid performances throughout and a great sense of over-arching dread.

If you thought The Road was lacking, this is recommended viewing.
>>
>>64209391
You're right, because they get shut off before they ever get tiring. Absolutely horrid films with nothing to offer cinematically or otherwise.
>>
>>64209254
I enjoyed the focus that this movie created. One man working to fulfill a single role.

Also on second viewing his actions don't really seem that unpredictable knowing the ending. For example When he shoots the midget that threw the rock at the dog
>>
>>64209447
name a fault with The Road.
you clearly dont understand the intentions
>>
>>64209563
Not the anon that was arguing with you before but I'll give my impression.

It was alright, but I was completely underwhelmed by it after having read the book beforehand. So much of the relationship depends upon unspoken dialogue and thoughts that are difficult to convey. The cinematography of the world around them was decent though.

Also if you liked The Rover, Animal Kingdom by the same director was really good.
>>
>>64209647
books are always better than the films. books can convey thoughts and emotions so much easier

ill have to watch that, i like joel edgerton as well
cheers mate
>>
>>64209563
Flat ugly cinematography, a cheap broad adaptation of a weak book. A manipulative father and son story banking in on the then-big post apocalypse craze.
Viggo Mortensen was the highlight doing as much as he could with such a weak script.
>>
>>64209800
its meant to be brutal and ugly. were you expecting glamorous shots or what? that was the intention.
who gives a shit about apocalypse crazes. i love them
>>
>>64209254
>i would have liked to see shots of the rest of the world dealing with this collapse but i guess it leaves it open to imagination
My impression was the Australian state (I know it's made of several states but I don't know the proper term) had collapsed and China had stepped in to suck out the natural resources while only maintaining the infrastructure necessary to doing this.
>>
>>64210058
is the collapse global though?
>>
>>64210161
Maybe it's a collapse of the Western world, which would explain why China was there but America wasn't.
>>
File: 2nd round promotions.jpg (43 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
2nd round promotions.jpg
43 KB, 640x427
>>64208773
One of my favorites from 2014 for sure. Great film all around.
And the main guy's name is Guy Pearce dude. Another actor with a surprisingly strong resume. He picks great scripts and works with great people.
>>
>>64210421
We know who Guy Pearce is. OP was specifically talking about Pattinson.
>>
>>64210255

But they only used US Dollars
>>
Great movie. Ended up watching all the special features as well.
>>
>>64211147
Oh yeah. Well I'm not sure then.
>>
>>64208773
Ending gave me massive blue balls. Good movie up until that point but it was a pretty big let down.
>>
DUDE WHEERE'S MAH CAHR LMAO
>>
I liked it. It was a really fucking slow burn though.
>>
>>64211411
I'm convinced you have to have a pet to appreciate the end
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.