[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you think was wrong in this film, /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 22
File: Main-Quad_AW_29617-Sicario.jpg (581 KB, 1333x1000) Image search: [Google]
Main-Quad_AW_29617-Sicario.jpg
581 KB, 1333x1000
What did you think was wrong in this film, /tv/?
>>
>>64207040
I thought the plot wasn't well stablished.
They kept the viewer in the the dark for too long.
>>
literally reddit tbqh f.am
>>
>>64207145
>thriller doesnt spell it out right away

reddit please
>>
I enjoyed it. Mexibro went full Gary Stu though.
>>
>it's another Hollywood ballbuster remaking a real film and failing miserably

I'm Jack's complete lack of surprise.
>>
Just ban discussion of this flick already.
>>
>>64207195
>Mexibro went full Gary Stu though.
Rht's not what a Gary Stu is, highly trained operator, that's it
>>
>>64207040

It was riddled with plotholes.

plothole number 1

Why would a cartel hide dead bodies in house walls as opposed to just burying them on the same property?
>>
so benifactor del torino worked for the colombian mafia?
>>
>>64207272

digging that many holes would arouse a little bit of suspicion dont ya think

also there were like 80
>>
There was nothing really hardcore wrong about it. It was just massively overrated upon release.

The whole movie is just a vehicle for setting up the (admittedly really well done) scene with Benicio Del Toro invading the compound at the end. When you think of the entire movie as a piece though, not just that sequence, there's just nothing that really sticks with you.

It's another "morally ambiguous" pseudo-war movie set in a desert with a piss filter added in post production. It doesn't really have a story, or characters, or palpable sense of place, or anything. Del Toro and the invasion scene IS the movie, everything else is just filler.
>>
>>64207272
Intimidation tactic to scare the people working for you
>>
>>64207040
nothing, disney mods deleted the thread
STAA WAAZ XDD
*lightsaber sound*
>>
>>64207328
you are objectively wrong
>>
>>64207321
Coul've dug a huge tunnel with lots of rooms in it under the house.
>>
It was good but the plot felt very unfocused. I wanted to know more about Josh Brolin's character along with Alejandro's. Also emily blunt felt wasted in her role, her character was also poorly defined
>>
What was the point of the cop?
>>
>>64207381

they literally explain it in the movie, they need an FBI agent there to give the CIA legal jurisdiction to operate wherever they want
>>
>tfw 1920 x 802 shit rip

buying it though
>>
>>64207040
mediocre plot and characters
>>
Everything about it was shit.

I can't believe this sort of trash is praised today. Completely devoid of any life, just pretty images from Deakins and terrible script to go with you get fucking 90+ on Rotten from 'top critics'

A fucking joke.
>>
>>64207272
In fact the real plothole would be the smell.
Living in that house with that many rotten corpses on the wall would be impossible.
Also, the police would have noticed the smell the moment they stepped in
>>
how did a prosecutor become such an operator? thats what didnt make sense to me.
>>
>>64207381
this is why you should never take /tv/ opinions

people only have the attention span for cape shit and star shit
>>
>>64207473
also no tension, I think it was supposed to be a thriller
>>
>>64207478
what are your favourite movies
>>
>>64207328
This. Also the whole sequence is incredibly out of place despite how well made it is. The whole movie is "War is hell and there are no heroes" and then it switches to "War. Fuck yeah." in the final 15 minutes. I was disappointed. Villnueve is a good director and the cast was great.
>>
HOL UP
*lighsaber sound*
STAA WAAZ
*tututut tuttuu*
SO U BE SAYIN
*lighsaber sound*
THAT IM LIKE UR FATHER N SOME SHIET
*pew pew pew*
NOOOOOO :DDDD
*tututuut tutut*
LOL FEMALE LUKE I CAN DO ANYTHING I WANT
*booos in the cis male publicum*
>>
>>64207445
the mexican cop you dunce
>>
>>64207445
No the Spanish cop
>>
File: 1451322917386.jpg (839 KB, 1535x2159) Image search: [Google]
1451322917386.jpg
839 KB, 1535x2159
mfw all those disney shils
>>
>>64207328
I partly agree.
There wasn't much content and substance and it felt a little bit superficial at times.
>>64207379
Also this
>>
>>64207040

95% of the movie is emily blunt being confused and crying about not going on, and this is the perspective of the viewer. confusion is not an entertaining feeling, I almost walked out of the theater.
>>
File: Channing Tatuming.jpg (16 KB, 367x123) Image search: [Google]
Channing Tatuming.jpg
16 KB, 367x123
>>64207518
I honestly doubt a person that likes Sicario would know them or even appreciate them

This movie was a fucking video game in terms of how shit its writing was.
>>
>>64207543
to get alejandro to diaz
>>
>>64207527
This board is awful
>>
>DUDE EVERYTHING SUCKS LMAO

This board should be renamed /trash/
>>
>>64207608
>I honestly doubt a person that likes Sicario would know them or even appreciate them

This movie was a fucking video game in terms of how shit its writing was.
i.e Star Wars and Capeshit
>>
>>64207608
then go back to fucking reddit you autist
>>
>>64207608
dont dodge the question, whats your favourite movies
>>
File: deepest.jpg (32 KB, 298x391) Image search: [Google]
deepest.jpg
32 KB, 298x391
>>64207657
>It's "Spicario fan that screams Star Wars every time someone doesn't like his fedora tip shit fest of a movie" post.

You BORE ME.
>>
>>64207505
I'm so tired of this meme. He only shot some people from a safe distance what's so operator about it? Cuz he was wearing a costume? The difficult part about his mission was the tactical one, but a lawyer/prosecuter whatever is probably very intelligent.
>>
>>64207608
Name one
>>
¿QUIERES MORIR?
>>
File: tips swastika.jpg (41 KB, 482x480) Image search: [Google]
tips swastika.jpg
41 KB, 482x480
>>64207756
Hello reddit
>>
nothing. it was a good movie
>>
>>64207705
Hatari, A Nos Amours, Cronaca Familiare, Le Diable Probablement - there you go.
>>64207765
A Tale of the Wind
>>
>>64207759
So he turned himself into The Punisher? That's fucking stupid
>>
A half-baked revenge story wrapped in a healthy dose of anti-Mexican propaganda. Has so many tropes it makes your head spin, its the faulty Americana viewpoint about the "dark place" of the world. Prisoners, Enemy, and now Sicario prove that Villeneuve is just another so-so filmmaker. I'll be sorry if this is what he wants to do in the rest of his director career. Not even Roger Deakins could save it.
>>
>>64207827
hahaha fucking pretentious 17 year old redditor spotted, you just grab that list off r/TrueFilm??? hahaha holy shit
>>
>>64207827
>mfw you actually never watched any of those, just googled from some random list
>nf

lel
>>
>>64207837
No you see the Spic Seagal guy turned to American Steven Seagal Movie when his family got killed.

That's quality writing for you.

>>64207876
>>64207886
Refer to >>64207608
>>
File: image.png (430 KB, 769x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
430 KB, 769x600
>>64207827
>>
>>64207321

I'm thinking one big hole and just cover it up as you go along.

As opposed to 80 rotting bodies in the walls of a house in the suburbs of Phoenix.
>>
>>64207876
You're as bad as him
>LOL I DON'T KNOW THESE FILMS SO THEY'RE SHIT AND PRETENTIOUS XD
>>
>>64207040
I liked it because it showed how meak women are
>>
>>64207827
It's painfully obvious you're under 25 Jesus Christ
>>
>>64207355

Worth the risk of exposure? I am not buying it.
>>
>>64207950
us gamers right hehe

*COD PROTAGONIST*: WELCOME TO THE WOLF COUNTRY WOMAN YOU ARE NOT ONE OF US

**clap clap clap**
>>
File: 1371693810626.jpg (41 KB, 365x476) Image search: [Google]
1371693810626.jpg
41 KB, 365x476
>>64207987
I'm not sure if I can follow. can you rephrase it?
>>
>>64207987
She really wasn't, she was fucking annoying.

>MUH RULES
>MUH PROCEDURES
>>
File: 1447441443764.jpg (1 MB, 2774x3871) Image search: [Google]
1447441443764.jpg
1 MB, 2774x3871
>>64207040
not enough bunda and feet
>>
File: don shiggy 2.png (448 KB, 476x622) Image search: [Google]
don shiggy 2.png
448 KB, 476x622
>>64207827
>I'll just pick a list of old movies from IMDB and post them, that'll do it
>>
>>64208048
This ungrateful bong bitch can fuck off to her rainy, inbred island.
>>
>>64207499

definitely.
>>
Pretty much the worse of every world it steps in.

Deakins' images are predictably pretty but they are never allowed to breathe. Everything here is pre-ordained, everything, both visual and dramatic, has to fall in a very narrow function.

The hard truths it delivers are of the sort any dumb down B action film like Close Range contains (and it is almost hilarious made like no one has ever point out how vile the war on drugs were before) and the ones that Traffic more than decade a go portrayed much better despite being shitty movie itself.

Problem is with how the film applies its surface realism and how it feels to me as too tasteful a movie to what it is trying to go for. Villeneuve tries to bite to much stuff and end up exposing his simple mindedness. He will always order Deakins to go for the tasteful shot even if its time to have Benicio-Im-Not-Steven-Seagal to execute a family, it is gonna pay lip-service to realism but its messy fetid places and faces are so in rather clean way.

What is truly despicable about Villeneuve is how for all the hot air a film like Sicario has, it refuses to actually get dirty, Its anti-septic pretense film making that seems dead set into erase the real thing from existence and that truly piss me off. It should be said respectful exploitation is literally my least favorite kind of movie, so this is very much not made for me.

Had Sicario for instance settled up in being mostly an extraction procedural his "lack of attention to a true moral complication" would go down much easier (Prisoners suffers even more from that).

This is the kind of film it wants to be and it really believes needs to go to the places it goes in the final act, I'd rather it drag us to the mud with DelToro in that scene with the family instead of stage it so carefully and safe.

I feel like instead of taking us to an uncomfortable place it pretty much just says "isn't it awful?" in the most annoying and spineless way possible.
>>
>>64208082
>60s to 80s.
>old movies
Maybe if you have been grown in the shit of the past five years, youngling.
>>
>>64208140
I bet your parents are proud that you past your first semester in film school
>>
>>64207827
Ha, I saw Hatari years ago on TV and thought it was great. Nice to see someone mention it.
>>
>>64208185
I bet you can't come up with a proper reply instead of a backhanded insult :v)
>>
up untill first hour mark it was stretched in edition and i don't know why.
emily blunt is ugly as fuck.
otherwise very solid movie
8/10
>>
>>64207040

The FBI chick, who's the protagonist or "hero" of the film doesn't do shit in the movie except tag along with the spooks. That would get you an F- in any filmmaking/scriptwriting course in America.

Also love who the spooks/soldiers could just safely fly a helicopter in and pick up the Mex prisoner at the beginning, yet take an armada of vehicles in instead just to give the movie some drama.

Also love how the spooks can't find a HUGE cartel leader who lives in a HUGE palatial mansion practically right on the US/Mex border. It's not like the guy's in hiding or anything like El Chapo (irl).

Also love who Del Toro kills 3 armed cartel guards in a half second while shooting from inside a care and shooting through glass. LMAO.

Also love who through the whole movie the spooks have the use of Delta Force (wtf?), but then Del Toro alone raids the Cartel mansion and kills everyone like he's The Punisher. LMAO.
>>
>>64208140
stop reposting this incomprehensible piece of shit film review you pseudo intellectual fuckwad
>>
>>64208214
Good taste anon, do you have Letterboxd or some such?

>>64208250
Refer to >>64208232
>>
>>64208246
>Also love who through the whole movie the spooks have the use of Delta Force (wtf?)
they are used by the cia. it's a cia operations -> they use delta. not that hard.
>>
>>64208140
Can you wirte that in english?
Not everyone here is a pretentious film student
>>
>That American understanding of how cartels work.
Just go and watch Cartel Land roflmao

What a terrible movie
>>
>>64208232
for that I would need to read it first :^)
>>
File: nigga-you-gay.png (650 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
nigga-you-gay.png
650 KB, 720x540
>>64208236
>emily blunt is ugly as fuck.
>>
>>64208336
It is pretentious now to point out what a shit director Villeneuve is? Pleb, please go.
>>
>>64208140
This
It's a shame how /tv/ loves anything that appears to be 'artistic' and 'intellectual' but lacks any sort of emotional depth or to put bluntly , passion imbued in it by the director/writer.
The Fargo tv show was basically the harbinger of this sort of vapid trash and it breaks my heart knowing that pseudo intellectuals are gonna love this new wave of cinema.
I'm sick of the new formula already.
What was your MOTY btw? I loved queen of earth and La Sapienza , Christmas,again was great as well but then again i'm going through a slight mumblecore phase.
Loved The Lobster as well.
>>
>>64208246
alright I'll bite
The FBI chick, who's the protagonist or "hero" of the film doesn't do shit in the movie except tag along with the spooks. That would get you an F- in any filmmaking/scriptwriting course in America.
That's the whole point
>Also love who the spooks/soldiers could just safely fly a helicopter in and pick up the Mex prisoner at the beginning, yet take an armada of vehicles in instead just to give the movie some drama.

We don't know if there is any LZ in juarez
>>
>people talking for hours how they like this movie all weekend while the retards are off eating turkeys
>'not on my watch' says the brave retard back from visiting his parents and watching this movie on his phone in the car
>>
File: dee disregards your post.gif (3 MB, 190x200) Image search: [Google]
dee disregards your post.gif
3 MB, 190x200
>>64208396
It's pretentious to write that way
Get a grip you salty fag
>>
>>64208415
Horse Money was my MOTY.
>>
>>64208360
'er face is a piece of garbage 2bh
there was to much closeups of her
but i understand that she's tough girl type actress.
>>
People who like it praise it with buzzwords and respond to criticism of it with buzzwords.

So they're pretending, right? Like with Drive?
>>
>>64208246
Weak bait. Take a lap.
>>
>>64208501
At least Drive was a good throwback to new hollywood.
>>
>>64207145
that's the point of the movie
>>
File: Maeve_Dermody.jpg (32 KB, 410x410) Image search: [Google]
Maeve_Dermody.jpg
32 KB, 410x410
>>64208236
>>64208360
>>64208484
Don't mind me, just fapping over the superior Emily Blunt clone
>>
File: And_Then_There_Were_None.jpg (49 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
And_Then_There_Were_None.jpg
49 KB, 620x387
>>64208570
Hotter and dirtier to be honest
>>
>>64207040
A bleak facsimile
>>
>>64207945
nobody knows those films, they are obscure on purpose to make hipster kids feel like special snowflakes on an anonymous imageboard
>>
>>64208570
nice
>>
>>64208140

Actually a good post assuming that it's not pasta

The film is actually quite clinical and although the cinematography is standard Deakings flare, it doesn't really fit the film as it is "too good".

The actual moral point of the movie is so basic and redundant at this point, especially to an American audience. How do Americans not already know this sort of shit is going on and has been going on since the fucking 80s?
>>
goofy looking bitch needs to be BLACKED
>>
>>64208480
I haven't seen that yet. Gimme your letterbox faggot
>>
>>64208651
>A fucking John Wayne movie as favorite
>Obscure on purpose
Kill yourself

>>64208666
It is standard Deakins and it doesn't help Villeneuve really has no idea what to do with him. He didn't have any vision so he didn't stop and guide Deakins.
>>
>>64208501
>People who like it praise it with buzzwords and respond to criticism of it with buzzwords.
>People criticize is with buzzwords
When will this madness end
>>
>>64208698
hes made 250 movies, some are bound to be obscure shitflicks. fuck off kid
>>
Why doesn't Deakins just start directing his own shit? Why is Villeneuve even required? He didn't write the script.

The cinematography, look and feel of the scenes was pure Deakins, which is what he does on most films he is employed on. Unless each director Deakins works with wants him to do the exact same thing, it's pretty clear that a lot of the shots were purely composed and thought out by Deakins rather than the director. So why doesn't the guy just direct his own shit? Theres a million of these sorts of typical Hollywood scripts floating around, and if you can get half-decent budget, casting and script together, and make it look all nice and "cinematographic", it will get a 90% on RT and win some awards.
>>
>>64208666
>>The actual moral point of the movie is so basic and redundant at this point, especially to an American audience. How do Americans not already know this sort of shit is going on and has been going on since the fucking 80s?
Main issue with the simple mindedness of Villeneuve. Movie had terrible script.

At that point Villeneuve is hoping that the audience is congratulating themselves for knowing that this could be a reference to various CIA-backed coups that stoked sectarian violence.

Some might find that critique of the CIA bold, but it allows the viewer to put themselves on a high moral platform rather than grappling with the (non-existent) complexities of the subject matter.

I don’t disagree with the point Villeneuve makes about the CIA, but he goes about it in the most contrived self-satisfied way possible and also hedges his bets by allowing the audience to take pleasure in and see the pragmatism of the CIA’s tactics. By feinting towards an ambivalent treatment of a complex issue, the film traffics in noncommittal fatalism.

Whatever suspense that Dennis had built in his early scenes vanishes in the film’s tunnel sequence which was terrible.

>a series of gussied-up “perfect shots,”
>a pretty sunset shot of CIA operatives walking along the horizon that Roger Deakins went overboard on,
>a shadowy shot set within a cave that features a soldier walking toward the camera with knife framed perfectly against the cave’s mouth, calibrated for maximum coolness,
>various night vision and thermal shots that prevent the viewer from taking part in any unmediated engagement with the world being presented.
Terrible, never film action ever again.

>>64208901
EXACTLY. Villeneuve was not needed for this movie at all. IN fact he wasn't even needed for Prisoners or Enemy either. Incendies, fuck, that's some amateur Nolan Memento garbage.
>>
Every character was a fucking mouth piece of sorts or just a tool to convey information to the viewer, just blurping it out loud. Felt so unnatural.
God the writing was bad.
>>
The ending surprised me, I didn't think Del Toro was going to be such a savage wit the senpai like he was, thought he was going to spare them tbqh.
>>
>>64208901
>Why doesn't Deakins just start directing his own shit?

Cinematographers have never been good directors, with the exception of Soderbergh. It's not an easy path.
>>
>>64207040
The movie isn't about the vengeance it's about how there is complot and shit
>>
>>64209089
S-s-oderbergh? A good director?

Did you just say that out loud like that
>>
>>64209001
>a movie needs to be spelt out to me through exposition like a child

the latest capeshit may be more your speed, champ
>>
>>64209205
>>>a movie needs to be spelt out to me through exposition like a child

That is exactly what Sicario did you absolute fucking moron and one of the issues with its characters being nothing but narrative mouth pieces for a very shitty narrative..
>>
>>64209134
The Knick
>>
>>64209001

Not to mention that the characters weren't actual characters, but just vessels by which the script delivered information and it's message.

I don't think the critique of the CIA is particularly bold, and it is not treading any new ground for this sort of stuff. I did enjoy the fact that the film acknoweldged the fact that this whole thing is caused by America's never ending need to do drugs. Sure they're not the only country who love to get high, but the judgement and critique of the CIA comes off as slightly conceited when an average American audience of viewers is basically the reason why the problems exist in the first place. Would Americans even want to give up drugs?

Plus this film is so non-committed and ineffective in its message that it won't change a fucking thing (not that this is the point but it just says something about it's lack of power). The people in the audience are still going to smoke their weed and snort their coke.
>>
>>64209300
I admit I have not watched the Knick but I have it sitting on my drive.

I really should tho

>>64209384
It annoyed me how they just dump Blunt's 2d character and pick up even less established character in fat Seagal and then half ass a 20 minute revenge movie to the end.
There's no way this is a good movie and worthy of its praise.
>>
>>64209134
>S-s-oderbergh? A good director?
>>>reddit

>Did you just say that out loud like that
>>>REDDIT

No, but really, not simply the ignoramus 'opinion' but this pathetic way to express it. This is literally the reddit way of posting.
>>
>>64209439
Yes you should
as for sicario:
I liked it
>>
>>64209573
I've senen most of Soderbergh's filmography and last two films (I didnt watch them in order) were his two Che films which were so fucking bad it left me a shit taste in mouth and is number one reason why I havent opened up the.knick.s01e01.mkv yet
>>
>>64207040
>What did you think was wrong in this film, /tv/?
Portrayed the woman as weak.
>>
>killing a major drug lord
>we did it, Medellin, Juarez is now yours!!!!!!!!

>implying the highest ranking members of the cartel in Juarez won't fight among each other and make it impossible for Medellin to get into that territory now

This movie was retarded as fuck.
>>
>>64210244
Mestizos speaking new world Spanish killing each other over dumb shit was always the end game.
>>
>>64210404

No it wasn't, you stupid redditor.

Fuck off.
>>
But who was Sicario?
>>
>>64207040
>What did you think was wrong in this film, /tv/?

That she didn't get thrown into federal prison on treason charges for threatening to go public with the details of a clandestine, and fully legal, CIA/Spec-Ops operation.
>>
>>64210608
Alejandro
>>
>>64207040
>the stephen seagal super black ops ending
>>
>>64210608
God
>>
>>64210608
>>64210608
Sicario was the girl. She makes a turn to the dark side in the movie and the title represents her understanding of it.

Sic + ar + io( in italian because of her heritage)
Sick are io = I'm sick
It's very deep, so it's ok to not get it the first time
>>
>>64210726

You must be stupid as fuck IRL.
>>
>>64210675
Was he shooting at god?
>>
Just finished it a minute ago, glad to see a thread here. Pretty good, all in all. Not MOTY as i've seen stated here but a taught thriller. Basednecio was cool.
>>
>>64210767
He isn't as much as (You)
>>
>black partner takes blunt to country bar
>meets his friend who ends up being on the take
>isn't trusted by brolin or toro
the movie seemed like it was setting up the black fbi partner as possibly working for the cartels, then the movie dropped all of this.
>>
>>64210882
I never felt this way. Lad seemed trustworthy and loyal to her all through.
/v/ kids keep watching movies for >le twist
>>
>>64210726
are you retarded? sicario means hitman and she was clearly not a hitman. i hope this is bait
>>
>>64210872

Stop defending your boyfriend, reddit.
>>
>>64210726
Literally right. IMDB babbys can't into cinema interpretation
>>
>>64210954
>task force cant trust regular cops because of corruption
>he keeps asking her whats going on
>takes her to a out of place bar
>happens to meet a friend there
>friend tries to kill her and is crooked
>makes a half assed apology and doesnt seem shaken that his cop friend is a killer
the twist was the ending we got
>>
>>64207040
I just wanted a SWAT vs cartel movie
>>
>>64207520
>>64207328
>>64207594
What are you talking about? The convoy scene, border shootout (nerd operator and Quieres morir?) scene, descent into hell scene, dinner scene, signature scene, and soccer scene were all memorable and important scenes.
>>
>>64207040
blunt basicly being a disillusioned non factor for the plot that eventually was just a pittyful mess getting a realitycheck was a funny punchline when looking back ... but it sure didnt make for an appealing main character. weirdly enough so since they had the same character type again with her black partner. it definitely shows with the movie losing a lot of drive after the great escort scene since the plot progression then suddenly relies on a character that constantly sits in second line but i think the script is actually too eventless to have such a character as your main protag. it definitely felt uneven to the point that the showdown couldnt even involve her. i mean it definitely makes sense if you just look at what they were going for in the aftermath but something about it felt kinda uneven in my opinion.
>>
>"dont you ever point a gun at me again"
>points gun at him again
you now know what the sequel is going to be about
>>
>>64211349
It was tonally a fucking mess.

Ie. shit film making.

liking Sicario seems to be one of the best plebfilters ever
>>
File: 1450483172244.gif (75 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
1450483172244.gif
75 KB, 180x180
The movie is terrible. I didn't even finish it.
>>
>>64207040
maybe im just blunt :^) but i actually expected it alot more ... fucked up?
>>
>>64209816
Try The Knick. His movies get a meh from me but he does a great job with the different pacing of a tv show. It has fantastic cinematography, directing, music, acting, writing, set, etc.
>>
>>64211619

>maybe im just blunt :^)

Fuck off, Reddit.
>>
>>64211667
make me, bitch.
>>
Wasn't Prisoners.
>>
Did Alejandro and Kate ever fuck?
>>
>>64211655
Yeah I've heard good things about it, I'll get on it tomorrow anon
>>
>>64207272

Digging holes is a lot of work and Mexicans are lazy. I mean, they didn't even take the plastic package off.
>>
the black partner guy was ONLY there for the "cartell people infiltrated cops" plot line. that character seriously pissed me off.
>>
Why didn't they burn them? Didn't Nazis burn hundrends of thousands of bodies and no trace was left...?
>>
>>64207499
you actually are going to get used to it.
>>
My favourite film of the year. Cinematography was great. Tense as fuck. Emily Blunt was great, Brolin and Del Toro were phenomenal.
>>
>>64211957
I
>
I
>>
>>64211878

About a half hour with a Bobcat and they'd have a ditch big enough for 80 bodies.
>>
regular thriller nothing special slighly higher.production value thats bout it
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
>>64212601
>>
>>64207272
>Why would a cartel hide dead bodies in house walls as opposed to just burying them on the same property?

Ironically the Juarez cartel had a similar house in, well, Juarez, and they buried the bodies in a garden. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Death

Sealing up the bodies and walling them into the house is rule of cool and makes for an interesting reveal in the aftermath of a tense raid.
>>
>>64207520
>This. Also the whole sequence is incredibly out of place despite how well made it is

Agreed.

Also, the plan to get there in the first place seemed sketchy as fuck. What if Silvio had left early, or not been there at all? Was Alejandro going to find another way to catch up to Mr. UnderBoss?

I think this would have made a better mini-series. Give me one season of 10 episodes, and build it up.
>>
>>64213835
>build it up.

Muh build up
>>
File: 1445734257009.jpg (30 KB, 720x438) Image search: [Google]
1445734257009.jpg
30 KB, 720x438
>>64210844
>Basednecio
>>
>>64208342

fucking hell cartel land was great.

"just give the tip a kiss..."
*slurp sounds*
>>
>>64211957
> Yeah lets just burn these 80 bodies in the middle of a populated neighborhood pedro, no on will ever notice
>>
>>64207776
AHORA VAS A CONOCER A DIOS
>>
A little too obtuse for it's own good at times.

Central character was a little too naive.
>>
File: cartel land.jpg (94 KB, 1424x594) Image search: [Google]
cartel land.jpg
94 KB, 1424x594
>>64214387
>you will never be alpha enough to organize and lead militia
>you will never be alpha enough to pull young qts with your speeches
>>
>>64207776
It was quieren morir, actually. He said Preguntan paisanos before it too, not the singular
>>
Benecio was the Sicario right? He used to be a hitman.
>>
>>64214942
No. See the light >>64210726
>>
>>64213604

Lots of people bury bodies...because it makes sense as opposed to having them rot in a suburb in Phoenix.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-29-12h52m11s355.png (858 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-29-12h52m11s355.png
858 KB, 1920x800
I liked those Texan guys
>>
>>64216208
same
I like it very lmuch.
Basednecio should say to her at some point in the movie
>-This is not a training day.
Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.