[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched it. Aside from Rey being a shitty Mary Sue to a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: kylo-ren-header.jpg (48 KB, 640x379) Image search: [Google]
kylo-ren-header.jpg
48 KB, 640x379
Just watched it. Aside from Rey being a shitty Mary Sue to a T, it was an amazing movie.
>>
I really liked it when the people who posted on this website were articulate enough to state an opinion without shitting "Mary Sue" out of their mouths

Enjoy being the only person in your class to have typed the word 'mary sue' when the holidays are over, you adolescent reject.
>>
>>64204867
I couldn't care less if Rey is a Mary Sue, it's probably the most pathetic criticism I have ever read. TFA, at least had a feel of the OT, which was lacking in the PT.
>>
>>64204969

They beauty about having words for things is that you don't need to explain everytime what that thing is.

Of course if you're too illiterate to understand certain words I can't help you
>>
>>64204969
holy shit
calm the FUCK down
>>
>>64204969
>WAAAHHHH WORDS UPSET ME

what the fuck are you even angry about?
>>
Good goyim.
>>
>>64204867

Who else was disappointed in Kylo Ren?
>>
Do you guys look up to the people who post on 4chan? I find it weird how easily most of you are tricked into adopting a new favorite word or joke.

>the guys on 4chan are saying mary sue, guess i better hop on board

Are all of you retarded? 12 years old?
>>
File: candles.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
candles.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>64205100
>>64205036
>>64205056
>I'm too fucking retarded to actually articulate myself like a human being
>better act like some electronic homonculi so that the cool teenagers on my chinese cartoon board will understand me

I legit hadn't seen someone use the word Mary sue in five fucking years until this shit started. You people must be outrageously uninteresting to hold an actual conversation with.
>>
>>64205122
Why? Because he wasn't a lifeless Vader clone who was so BADASS? Because instead he felt like a genuine character who actually is a little BITCH and a FUCKUP instead, making him actually "original"?
>>
>>64205122
Only idiots don't like Kylo Ren. He's actually a unique and well acted character and way more interesting than most Star Wars villains.
>>
>>64205234

Stop using the word homuncili and instead articulate yourself you fucking retard
>>
>>64205202

I've been using Mary Sue before I even knew what 4chan was you illiterate nigger
>>
>>64205234

breath
>>
>>64205234

>STOP USING WORDS I DON'T KNOW THE MEANING OF

This is literally what you sound like
>>
>>64204867
it was ok
>>
>>64205364

Then I'm not referring to you, moron. I'm referring to all the people who suddenly adopted Mary Sue as their favorite word in the last couple of weeks.
>>
S H I L L
H
I
L
L

It was mediocre as fuck
>>
>>64205524

Maybe it's because the heroine of a new hot movie fills in the overall consensus on what a Mary Sue is?
>>
>>64205034
Conince me the plot of this movie was not written by a 12 year old after watching the OT. I want to be happy again and this movie has literally crusged any hope of that ever bekng true again with how bad it was.
>>
But there is no T in Mary Sue.
>>
>>64205593

Kylo Ren was not an edgy wishfullfillment character and actually had depth.
Of course it was all ruined by MUH STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMYN completely shitting on him because she closed her eyes for 5 seconds
>>
>>64205588

That's not the relevant part in my mind. It's the fact that every single Star Wars main character thus far has appeared to have fate on their side. It's a fantasy story about a hero's journey. To start complaining that someone is a Mary Sue at this point you'd have to be literally retarded.

>R2D2 says you have a .000001 chance of success!
>Succeed anyway

This happens twice in the original trilogy.
>>
>>64205653

That's not the problem with Rey. It's not that she beats the odds or that she has special abilities. She is just overly competent on a, and this is important, IMMERSION BREAKING level.

We know the the vague rules of Star Wars and and we know the laws of the universe and we know how other characters compare (which is why Mary Sue's are usually fan fiction characters, because they just completely shit on everything that was set in the fictional universe)

Here let me give you an example:

A good skill of Rey is that she's tech savvy. She is a scavenger hunting for scrap parts, so of course she knows how technology and electronic parts work.
What doesn't make sense is that she can shoot her way out of Storm Troopers (who finally appear as competent in this movie) with a locked gun AND without knowing how to actually use a gun, while the Storm Troopers keep missing.

Fin doesn't know how to fight with a Light Saber properly, which makes sense and he got a little better with it when he fought Ren, but it still wasn't enough.
Then Rey picks up the Light Saber and immediately starts fighting like she's been weilding Light Sabers all her life.
Then there's the whole force shit. Yeah the force is powerful within her, but even for people who have a powerful force affinity they need to learn how to control it.
Luke needed two entire movies to become proficient with the force and STILL was too weak. Anakin got a full Jedi training and was STILL too weak to beat Obi Wan.
Rey breaks the immersion here by immediately becoming a force expert simply by closing her eyes for 5 seconds. It's just bullshit.

Then there's the fact that every character immediately loves her.
Han, who generally doesn't trust people, instantly offers her to make her his second officer. Chewie loves her DESPITE NEVER EVEN HAVE INTERACTED WITH HER (leaving aside that Chewbacca is also a character who generally doesn't like strangers)

Cont.
>>
>>64205372
Drink water
>>
>>64205964

Leia wishes her good luck even though she doesn't even know who the fuck she is.
Heck even newly introduced characters immediately love her like that weird granny Han introduced the squad to. She immediately cares about her for no reason, while she was also described to be a rather difficult person and even is rather rough to Fin and Han. It's immersion breaking because it just completely goes against what you just learned about the character. But you know she needs to act nice to her, because everyone we're supposed to like acts nice to Mary Sue and everyone who we're supposed to hate is mean to Mary Sue.
This holds true for this movie as well.
Heck Kylo Ren has an inexplicable obsession over her even though he never met her AND he knows that the robot is the thing that actually has the information AND even though it would make more sense to be obsessed with Fin, because he's a traitor.
But that was sidelined because Kylo needed to be obsessed with Mary Sue, because she's the one the universe revolves around.
In general you ask yourself what even the point of Rey is in the movie and why she's in this conflict although she's disconnected from everyone. Yeah there's BB8 but he also only immediately trusts Mary Sue just because. If BB8's goal was to find his master there was no reason for him to follow her. She could've been some Scavenger who sells him for his parts (And you know that's actually what she is, but she goes against her original motivation, because Mary Sue is kind to everyone and everyone loves her for her kindness)

And there's minor shit, like her getting jumped by some brutes only to lead up to a generic "hero saves girl" scene where they met, but instead she beats them herself, making the scene entirely pointless. The only thing that scenes like that leave you with a "what was the point of that?" feeling.

And all this leads to an incredible boring character you just can't invested into,

Cont.
>>
Just watched it as well and holy my god I didn't think Rey would be this bad. I was ready to accept the usual MC plot armor bullshit that comes along with being the main character.

But her being good at everything she did without having the slightest bit of training with the objects she was using?
That is insanely out of the realm of usual protagonist powers.

And how the fuck did Finn even get a hit on Kylo during their duel? He literally only had to force push or grip him and he couldn't do shit against it but instead decided to fight him normally.

Ok movie completely ruined by a Mary sue main character.
>>
>>64206298

Seriously this why we have words describing things so we don't have to explain it everytime again. I bet the fag complaining about the word Mary Sue won't even read all this.

Anyway the reason why you can't invested into Rey is because everything about her just becomes predictable and she can't even go anywhere from here.
In the next movie we already know Luke will absolutely adore her (because she's his daughter, so Luke actually HAS a reason to adore her, but since the rest of the cast does so too, it will feel just like another addition to the Rey fanclub that is completely unjustified)
And she can already galumph over Kylo Ren, she will only be even more overpowered when she receives proper training for Luke.
Of course the movie will need to compensate that by making Snoke an even more threatening villain, but this is already the problem: We already know how the movie's are going to be because "Rey needs to be a badass everyone loves" is actually a universe rule now. It bends around her. The entire movie universe becomes different depending on what Rey will do instead of actually feeling like an universe filled with characters independent from each other.
And it's not like Snoke or powered up Ren will even pose a threat to powered up Rey.
We already know that she's such a badass she will never need help from anybody and if anything she'll storm in to save Luke's and Fin's ass.
All the next movies are just gonna be a parade about how strong and cool Rey is. She will never have struggle that feels real and she will never have any character to her. She's just there to be a wishfullfilment character
>>
>>64206380

To me it felt like Kylo was toying with Finn and just got hit because he's a child who overestimates himself
>>
>>64206686

Aaand I typed that all in vain, didn't I?
>>
>>64206298

>Heck Kylo Ren has an inexplicable obsession over her even though he never met her

wow it's almost as if they set that up to be explained in the next movie

They know each other
Bet your fucking house on it
>>
>>64207186

Wouldn't make the slightest bit of sense considering Kylo's and Rey's past.
She's been on Jakku all her life
>>
>>64207186

>They know each other

obviously not
their interactions in the movie don't seem to suggest it at all

they're probably connected by the force or some shit though
or maybe Kylo was involved with her or her parents at one point but she doesn't know
something like that
>>
>>64207357

Kylo didn't know the force was strong with her before he interrogated her though
>>
>>64207186

There wasn't. No setup, no hints they clearly don't know each other. Rey doesn't know Kylo. We know that because she didn't react at all when seeing his face for the first time.
Then there's also this >>64207263

Rey's past is incredibly boring and uneventful. She's been on Jakku all her life literally just waiting for the plot to pick her up
>>
File: mcbrayer.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
mcbrayer.gif
2 MB, 300x290
>>64204867
>Aside from Rey being a shitty Mary Sue to a T
>It was an amazing movie
Really?? That's your ONLY criticism?
>>
>>64208154

Feel free to add anything else
>>
>>64204867

Actually my biggest gripe with the movie was that somehow Stormtroopers are child soldiers who have been stolen from their families when in the past they always appeared like hired forces who just do their job.
Even in this movie you got the two Storm Troopers seeing Kylo throwing an autistic fit of rage and just walking away instead of dealing with that (which was cool again)

I think Finn would've been a better character if he genuinely believed being a Storm Trooper was the right thing at first (like he joined with his friend who died in the beginning) and then changed side instead of going all "I've been forced to do this, I swear!"

Then why the fuck did you become good all of the sudden? You're telling me that you've been indoctrinated all your life that killing rebels is good, but suddenly your conscience acts up? That's bullshit
>>
File: bait.jpg (13 KB, 360x361) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
13 KB, 360x361
>>64204867
>Aside from Rey being a shitty Mary Sue to a T

You definitely didn't just watch it. You're just trying to fit in with internet strangers on an anonymous website dedicated to chinese cartoons.
>>
>>64207146
nah I read it and have to agree since after seeing it that yeah she is a Marry Sue because there was no struggle for her, rather it was her learning to 'git gud' with her jedi powers without the training to validate it.
>>
>>64208272

Actually, I literally came back from the theaters and created this thread because I needed to blow off steam because Rey pissed me off so much
>>
>>64208195

How about "insipid and total rehash of Episodes 4-6 with nothing of value to contribute"
>>
>>64208416

I don't mind it being exactly like episode 4. That's what the NT was supposed to be and horribly failed at it, so seeing it done right actually is a nice treat. Of course I wasn't blown away by it, but it's a good movie nonetheless. Would still prefer to watch episode 4 over this
>>
>>64208410
Fuck off, feggit!
>>
>>64208272

The only people who like Rey are:

1. Women who think it validates their superiority complex

2. Blind Star Wars fanboys who don't want to believe how terrible this new trilogy has started off

3. Casuals who think she's cute
>>
>>64208456

You don't mind our "new" antagonists being:

>the not-Empire
>the not-Emperor
>the not-Vader
>on the not-Death Star

fighting

>the not-Rebellion
>allied with the not-Republic
>headed by "general" (not-Princess) Leia
>which waited until this not-Death Star was fully operational and had blown up 5 planets to act

and our "new" locations

>not-Tatooine
>not-Yavin
>not-Coruscant

>lol it's another "Han is running away from those silly creditors and getting into kooky antics" scene

on top of

>our new lead is a Mary Sue who can do everything and learn the Force on a whim

Let's just say I have a laundry list of complaints, and you may too once the exhileration dies down and you can examine this shit with sober eyes
>>
>>64208578
>the not-Empire

But they are. Or rather what's left of them

>the not-Emperor
Yeah Snoke seems shit for now, can't say anything against that

>the not-Vader
Kylo Ren was a surprisingly fun character. Excepted him to go full evil Overlord, loved that it was just an autistic nerd who is a Vaderfanboy

>the not-Rebellion
But they are or rather what they have become after winning against the empire

>allied with the not-Republic
But it literally is still the Republic

>headed by "general" (not-Princess) Leia
Still a princess

>which waited until this not-Death Star was fully operational and had blown up 5 planets to act

I was of course aware that it was another Death Star, but it was still cool seeing one gigantic Laserbeam being shot through the Galaxy and destroying five planets at once.
Got legit goosebumps at that scene

>not-Tatooine
>not-Yavin
>not-Coruscant

Yeah I agree that the locations are a little samey, especially because Jakku is a carbon copy of Tatooine including bar scenes and everything, but it didn't really tick me off that much. You somehow need to preserve the Star Wars feeling and they left Tatooine soon enough

>lol it's another "Han is running away from those silly creditors and getting into kooky antics" scene
I would've been retarded to go into this movie and not expect a scene like that after seeing Han in the trailer

>our new lead is a Mary Sue who can do everything and learn the Force on a whim

legitimate gripe I have with the movie. Ruins a lot of things
>>
>>64205122
The concept of Kylo Ren was great. A flawed, wavering sith is cool. the execution was awful. Bad writing, flat acting, hilarious tantrums (I literally laughed out loud when he started lightsabering the computer console). Every moment of his was predictable and carried no emotional weight. If it had, it would have been good.
>>
>>64208904
Driver was the best actor of the new lot, you tasteless oaf.
>>
>>64208904
>I literally laughed out loud when he started lightsabering the computer console

I wosh the Blu-Ray will have subtitles for hearing impaired and read "[Kylo destroys the computer board in an autistic fit of rage]" at that scene
>>
>>64204867
Personally, as an atheist with an IQ of over 150 (Trust me you would feel bad if you really knew how big it was) I just can't see the appeal to this current generation to "Movies" or as I call them films, such as the new Star Wars. If you study rockey science even a little you would not be able to stand how fake it is. Its offensive if you ask me (Which you should)
>>
>>64208855

Even the droids and their Wall Street ayylien leaders were a more interesting addition than "it's another Empire, and a bigger blacker Death Star" tbf
>>
People managing to watch this online somewhere?
>>
>>64204867
>Just watched it

Guys there are still people that have not seen this amazing movie for the 1st time. How can you even think that this movie wont fucking rekt avatar in the ass.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 500x509) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 500x509
>>64204969
ANGRY SJEW detected
Get out of my website you fashionista cosplaying blue-haired batty bitch
mwuh mwuh white privilege
go die please
>>64204867
It was good I suppose
>mfw people think it's better than episode 6
>>
>>64208996
Dude, even boyega and isaac were flat in this, and I've seen great performances from both. Haven't seen any of David's other work, but probably not really the actors' faults in this one.
>>
>>64208904

I think laughing was the point...fucking retard
>>
>>64209064

Why? Even before the movie in the expanded universe the sequels always had the remenants of the empire as the enemies. Who else would it be? Who else would ANYONE want to see who want to see a sequel of the OT?
Of course the enemy is the rest of the empire. It didn't just vanish just because Palpatine died.
>>
>>64209160

Alright, I'll go with that. If it's going to be a diminished Empire, there is no way in hell why they should get away with building a much more powerful Death Star 3.0, much less getting it OPERATIONAL.

THEY should be the ones fighting from the shadows.
>>
>>64209124
I thought the point was to feel his conflictedness and feel for him, not laugh at him.
>>
>>64209160
If the people writing the story can't come up with a new adversary, then they probably shouldn't be making a sequel to ROTJ to begin with.
>>
>>64208904
>I literally laughed out loud
I'm sure your neighbors really cared when they heard the echo seeping out of your empty basement. Such is life for a euphoric gentleman like yourself.
>>
>>64209212
You can do both. He's intimidating, pathetic, hilarious, and weirdly likable.
>>
>>64209265
I was in a theater. And yes I did feel bad that I hurt other's enjoyment.
>>
>>64209210

I agree with that. The fan sequels all handled it better. My favorite Star Wars Games is still the Jedi Knight series and there the remenants of the Empire were handled the most realistically, where it basically was you hunting down the literally called Remnants and the trouble was always finding them and basically they hid on far away planets like Rebels used to in the OT.

But I liked Super Death Star. It was realistic that they could build it because they didn't actually build a mobile fortress but just took a planet, and turned it into a weapon that runs on Star Power. So it was similar to the Death Star, but not really the same
>>
>>64209367

I'm sure a lot of people laughed at that scene. Same with when the two Storm Troopers just decided to walk away when Kylo had another sperg attack. It's supposed to be funny
>>
>>64209394

If you examine it from an engineering standpoint, it is orders of magnitude more difficult. I mean, the fucking CALIBER of the cannon is the size of the original death star, ignoring the fact that they had to engineer an efficient mechanization to draw and harness a SUN in lol. It's beyond ridiculous at this point.
>>
>>64205289
How does it make sense that a little BITCH FUCKUP was handpicked by Snoke, defeated Luke, eliminated the Jedi, and now commands the First Order around the universe blowing up planets?

I guess you're right, it is "original" for a character to be totally nonsensical and inconsistent.
>>
>>64209458

Snoke only uses him because he's the only guy on his side who can use the force
I don't think Ren actually defeated Luke and eliminated the Jedi. He probably just killed one student and then fucked off, similar to Desann from Jedi Outcast.
>>
We must throw everything at it we have. And since we are alligend with a republic we never saw or heard anything else of we should have some serious firepower to take down this superweapon or at least to cover or bombers.
>Attacks with ~20 fighters
>>
Mary Sue is an author insert character, don't see how Rey could be called that.

Rey is good at being a pilot as its shown she knows a lot about ships through scavaging, let's not forget that the first time luke ever flew an x wing he destroyed a Death Star.

She beat kylo ren in a lightsaber battle isn't so impressive as she was shown to be trained in fighting with a staff and kylo ren was just shot in the stomach by chewies gun that has the power to knock back troopers.
>>
>>64204867
>muh mary sue

is this all we're allowed to criticize about this flick? holy shit
>>
But literally most people disagree with you on those statements. Boyega and Isaac were based. Driver's character may or may not have turned some people the wrong way but pretty much all the professional critics agree that the young actors did a good job.
>>
File: 1430838226072.png (94 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
1430838226072.png
94 KB, 292x257
>>64204969
>you adolescent reject
>tells about shitting "names" out of mouths in the same post
>>
>>64204867
this movie sucked.
where are the powerful enemy that cannot lose, where are the fear and the hate he create on me,
i felt sorry for them, they are weak, they no match, when the appear, they were so powerful.
how boring.
luke fights his father, he can not win. i wonder how can this end well. he goes to the light side(i know.
>>
Yeah I went into it with really low expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised.

It felt like a Star Wars movie. And it's 100 times better than any of the prequels. All the new actors were good, except Rey who was somewhat wooden. Kylo Ren I liked. I liked how they didn't just parachute some badass Vader replacement in. He's actually still struggling with good and evil, he's not a super talented swordsman and his force powers sometimes fail him.

I didn't like how they turned Rey into the new Han AND the new Luke. And Snoke was fucking stupid as hell.

For the next film I hope they go a bit "out there" plot-wise, this one felt like more of a Star Wars: Greatest Hits.

Overall, very impressed.
>>
>>64210156

>Rey is good at being a pilot as its shown she knows a lot about ships through scavaging
>I picked some parts out of a broken down Honda Civic once so I could fill into a Formula 1 race pretty admirably

>let's not forget that the first time luke ever flew an x wing he destroyed a Death Star.

He practiced in a similar vehicle all the time on Tatooine and his favorite pasttime was target shooting. There's no vague shit about "well he's a scavenger so he became an expert pilot and shooter to boot". Every time I type that statement out again I get more mad, do you fuckheads really think being a scavenger just trying to SURVIVE in the day to day would afford you the opportunity to become a great pilot or technician or martial artist? Wtf

This is truly the era of lazy justification.

>she learns the force by believing in it

Into the trash this movie goes
>>
File: 1307922622001.jpg (14 KB, 262x337) Image search: [Google]
1307922622001.jpg
14 KB, 262x337
>>64210399
>>
i fucking hated TFA

in the theater people were applauding and whooping this terrible rehash cashgrab. I was visibly shaking and on verge of tears by the last 20 minutes of the film, i felt like screaming and pulling my hair out but i was just muttering "this is reddit, this is memes, this is videogames, this is memes" under my breath.
>>
Stuff I liked
>Kylo Ren
>Looked good
>Lightsaber fights were the best ones yet

Shit stuff
>Rehashing Empire v. Rebels
>Starkiller base is completely irrelevant to the actual story of the movie, which is finding Luke
>No effort made to develop new characters/setting
>Fucking MaRey Sue
>>
>>64210422
sup reddit
>>
>>64210430

To add to that, everytime Han and Rey synched up in what they were saying was cringey as fuck. What is the purpose of that except make you cringe? It's just there to make you feel like Rey is some Mary Sue who knows just as well as Han how the Falcon works even though she doesn't even know what it is (Seriously how can Han be a hero in the universe, everyone knows but the bitch pretends she doesn't know how the Millenium Falcon looks like)
>>
>>64210571

>Applauding in a theater

Do Americans really do this?
>>
>>64210643

That pissed me off so much, Han has historically mistrusted everyone he meets off the bat and he would have felt pissed about his pride if some upstart was giving him tips on his own fucking ship and driving it

Not sucking her dick and giving her a fucking job offer a day after, what in the fuck?
>>
>>64210680
yes, but only with "event movies" and fanboy/fangirl stuff
>>
>>64210599

I think Finn had pretty cool character development. It just immediately halted everytime Rey was onscreen
>>
File: 1333658410708.jpg (458 KB, 3119x2095) Image search: [Google]
1333658410708.jpg
458 KB, 3119x2095
>>64210738

she hurt everyone around her

black hole character
>>
File: jew zd.gif (3 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
jew zd.gif
3 MB, 500x500
REY is PURPOSELY BEING PORTRAYED AS A MARY SUE SO WHEN SHE TURNS TO THE DARK SIDE IT WILL BE MORE SHOCKING

It's like you guys never seen a movie before. It's so obvious they made her perfect for that reason.
>>
>>64210599
>>Lightsaber fights were the best ones yet
They really were. Hopefully they've ditched the stupid twirly shit from the prequels for good. The fights felt like RotJ x10 which is fucking awesome.
>>
I also just got back from watching it.

>Chucklefuck in front of me laughing and gasping at everything
>Starts clapping so loud every 5 minutes at all the references
>I live in England

It was triggering me so bad. I just wanted to immerse myself in the movie.
How do you Americans do it? How do you get through any movie while Clapdancing?
>>
>>64210682

Yeah seriously. Remember when C3P0 tried to give Han tips on how to repair the Millenium Falcon? Han hated that, but for Rey we're supposed to believe that he immediately falls in love with her?
>>
>>64210765
She is a qt, name?
>>
>>64210738
Finn's character makes no sense. He's supposed to be a soldier trained from birth but never acts like one. Left everything and everyone he knew at the first loss of confidence.

He sort of went from coward to brave, but still only went back for Rey, though at least that means his character has somewhere to go in the next two films

>>64210765
still shitty writing. Rey saw Kylo kill Han, and she thought he had also killed Finn. She's just lost the two most important people in her life, to the guy that's fighting her and threatening her life and she goes into a calm meditative state, standing on the edge of a fucking cliff, and wins the fight. If she's not even tempted by the dark side then, what the fuck could ever cause her to switch?
>>
>>64208245
The movie would have been better if he was shellshocked as normal, and Poe somehow exploited him to escape / held hostage. They still crash the tie, but it's kind of a buddy thing now, and Finn is forced to see the First Order through the eyes of a normal person for a while and decides to not be a stormtrooper. Then Poe can fly the Falcon and be relevant instead of disappearing for an hour.
>>
>>64210821
You mean to tell me that Han 'If it ain't skin, put it in the bin' Solo prefers humans over robots?

Color me surprised.
>>
>>64210875

Well he was cleaning power
>>
>>64210680
Yes and there's nothing wrong with it

we've been waiting 30 years for the REAL star wars to return, and i was not disappointed, me and the whole theater clapped several times during some epic scenes,

i'll admit i even cried during the opening crawl when i heard that angelic music hit my ears once again
>>
>>64210430
she wasn't just grabbing any parts like someone who doesn't know anything about vehicles, she obviously knew her stuff and was shown riding that speeder. I mean what fuck else could she have been doing on that planet for 15+ years, if some farm boy can pick up flying vehicles on his free time than flying spaceships seems to be as big of a deal in this world as driving cars in this world. So she's a good pilot big deal, who isn't in Star Wars, I honestly think it's weirder that Finn doesn't know how to fly anything and he's a storm trooper.

It's called the force awakens and kylo ren felt an awakening and they are being very vague about Rey's past. It's not hard to put two and two together that at one time she was a good force user and because kylo ren her memory was taken and sent off to jake for protection.
>>
>>64210765

Even if Mary Sue turned evil, the movie would still portray her as justified and she'd redeem herself at the end anyway.
Also all characters would go "How could you do this to us?" and nobody would feel grudge agaisnt her.
>>
Why did she suddenly learn how to do a Jedi mind trick?

Can anyone explain the political situation post-ROTJ? I was under the impression the Empire fell and the First Order was some splinter group. But then it seems like the rebels from the originals...are still the rebels? Who are they rebelling against? And the guy says to destroy the republic? Then destroys some planet? What's the deal
>>
plot was boring and had no tension. we knew exactly what would happen and in what order it would happen in and they did it all before. no one is afraid of death star #6045. why is this one supposed to be scarier? because it's bigger? it functions the same way. they all are big weapons that can blow up a planet, this one isn't any scarier than the previous ones. it's actually less functional because the death star could move around, this one is a stationary planet.

rey has no personality and her skills with piloting, the force, and with lightsabers scale instantly with what the script calls for.

too much video game action scenes (jj abrams is a hack with the camera). that scene with the millennium falcon crashing around the trees and slamming into the ground repeatedly was retarded video game shit.

finns backstory doesn't make sense. his writing says that he was take at a young age and all his life has been indoctrinated into the empire and that's all he knows. but his behavior is as if he was never a stormtrooper at all, as if he were just some regular guy. have you ever met someone who was raised in a cult or someone who was home-schooled in some weird religious way? they're confused, stoic, weirdos. not warm, cocky people who crack jokes and act as if they had a completely normal life and know all the latest jokes and rumors.

music was bland. can you remember a single original theme from this movie? at least the prequels had beautiful music. the only good music in TFA are just songs ripped straight from the original trilogy

bb-8's sole purpose was to sell toys

movie only barely works and that's because han solo carries the film. without him it would have been unbearable.

rey looks goofy, harrison ford was too old, boyega is one of the ugliest people i've ever seen, kylo ren looks goofy. the prequels and original trilogy was full of handsome and beautiful people.
>>
File: image.jpg (253 KB, 568x864) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
253 KB, 568x864
>3 has come too

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>64210942
>i'll admit i even cried during the opening crawl when i heard that angelic music hit my ears once again
But the crawl in the prequels also had the music.
>>
>>64211019
he looks like he is made of plastic. why is his costume so much cheaper than the one from the originals?
>>
>>64209394
>realistically
>realistic
>>
File: meme man.gif (2 MB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
meme man.gif
2 MB, 500x600
>>64210875

Just be wary that since its going to be the 2nd movie, the Sith and First Order will have the upper hand at the end of next movie. Because Original trilogy, its like poetry.
>>
The biggest problem in the film are the protagonists.
Rey is a massive Mary Sue that has no flaws and this is boring.
However even worse is the completely obnoxious shit-skin ape that spent the whole movie running around, sweating and yelling.
Likable new characters were Poe and the female stormtrooper officer.
Kylo was pretty interesting as a character as well.

I just can't get interested for this new trilogy. The protagonists are so god-awful. How did JJ fuck this up when his Star Trek were great?
>>
>>64205234

>homonculi

Hm
>>
why is snoke a giant
>>
>>64210972

>she obviously knew her stuff

HOW DID SHE KNOW HER STUFF. YOU DON'T LEARN HOW ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY WORKS BY CHECKING OUT THE PARTS FOR A BIT.

> I mean what fuck else could she have been doing on that planet for 15+ years

TRYING TO EAT AND SURVIVE. ITS ONE BIG FUCKING DESERT. ARE THE KIDS IN DARFUR SPENDING THEIR SPARE TIME LEARNING ABOUT ELECTROMAGNETICS AND ENGINEERING?

>So she's a good pilot big deal, who isn't in Star Wars

THE BIG DEAL IS THAT THIS IS SIMPLY ONE OF HER MANY, MANY INEXPLICABLE TALENTS

>It's called the force awakens and kylo ren felt an awakening and they are being very vague about Rey's past

THIS IS NOT AN EXCUSE
>>
>>64211131
He ate his space vegetables.
>>
File: CaptainPhasmaTrailer[1].jpg (64 KB, 860x500) Image search: [Google]
CaptainPhasmaTrailer[1].jpg
64 KB, 860x500
Are they gonna do something with this character in the sequel? She literally does nothing, doesn't even fire her blaster
>>
>>64211033
i haven't actually watched them but lots of people say they're bad and i saw some funny youtube reviews make fun of them so i pretty much know everything about them
>>
>>64211131
4u
>>
File: 1450483172244.gif (75 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
1450483172244.gif
75 KB, 180x180
I haven't watched it
>>
can we all agree that he's the best sith since OT darth vader?
>>
>>64208459

Anyone who enjoys character development and depth strays away from Rey Sue.

But in the end, EP7 was really just a long trailer for the next movies.
>>
>>64210875
The two most important people in Rey's life are the ones she's been waiting for on jake all her life, she just meat Finn and Han you big dummy.

Finn was a maintenance guy all his life and the beginning of the movie was his first mission, it's no surprise that he wouldn't be desensitized to killings like other troopers.

His character makes total sense if you actually pay attention and not have your fucking gay as head up your boy loving ass cheecks
>>
>>64211243
Darth Maul is better since he had no screen time
>>
File: 1444346271662.jpg (53 KB, 360x309) Image search: [Google]
1444346271662.jpg
53 KB, 360x309
>>64211172
Why did they market her as the new Boba Fett?

She will NEVER be cool. She literally cannot be cool now. Basically her one scene in the entire film is getting beaten by the ape and shutting down the shields for the Starkiller Base.

Think about it, all they had to do was bonk her once and then ask her to do it and she did it without a single fuss. She's such a weak pussy bitch of a character, how will she EVER be considered intimidating? It's her fault the base was destroyed.
>>
>>64211277
maybe if maul had been given 3 films to develop a personality, but you have to take him for what he is: a cool dude with a cool sword

as a character kylo ren is already streets ahead, he's not as cool looking and his sword is retarded though
>>
>>64211243

He was great. He reminds me of Viserys from GoT. I just love these deluded villains who think they are hot shit and rage when they don't get what they want
>>
>>64211290
Think about how schizo the first order was portrayed. Hux and the officers make you think it's a fanatical cult, but Phasma and Finn don't seem to give a shit about dying for them, some fucking army they've got.
>>
>>64204867

If Rey being a Mary Sue keeps some little girl from growing into a bitchy SJW or becoming a prostitute I guess it was worth it.
>>
>>64211148
I just pointed out a farm boy was able to pick up on flying spaceships on his free time and then you bring up dar fur kids like a dumbass.

I'm gonna assume you are pretending to be a retard because your bored and stupid
>>
I can't believe they actually changed the sounds of lightsabers, the absolute madmen
>>
>>64211290
This. Such a damn shame.
If it was Han and Chewie beating her into submission it would have been fine.
Instead we got the unwashed animal yelling in front of her and this somehow made her submit?
What the fuck.
Finn is undoubtedly the least likeable character in the entire fucking series. Even Jar Jar wasn't this obnoxious and horrible. And the actor being the ugliest and most stereotypical ape I've seen doesn't help.
>>
>>64211386

A farm boy. Not a starving, hopeless, lone scavenger with no friends. His uncle had a decent thing going and could help provide for him. In his spare time, he piloted T16's and target shot.

If you think this is analogous you may be a carrot.
>>
>>64211436
Plasma don't care phasma don't give a fuck. What's not to like about that? She ain't no bitch, your just projecting your insecurities onto her. It's funny much these comments say more about the commentors than the actual movie
>>
>>64211386
Luke had a job, lived a normalish life and his hobby was flying with his friends through canyons and shooting at rats. That was what he did for fun. His plan was always to sign up for the Imperial Academy, use his pilot skills and defect to the Rebel Alliance like Biggs did. (The guy who vouches for him in the hangar before the Death Star Run.)

That and even Obi-Wan mentions, "I hear you've become a good pilot yourself." Because that's what he does for fun. He flies his T16 around and shoots rats. That's why he was bummed he couldn't get his new power converters and had to take care of some stupid ass droid.
>>
>>64211243
I really wish he won that fight at the end. It would have made the final scene so much better. The land split at the end could have saved Rey and Finn - it would have set up Kylo to be a scary villain with psychological issues and gave Rey a real purpose to personally seek out Luke.
>>
File: Hideo-Kojima-and-JJ-Abrams[1].jpg (185 KB, 1024x830) Image search: [Google]
Hideo-Kojima-and-JJ-Abrams[1].jpg
185 KB, 1024x830
>>64211019
ULTRA VIOLENCE
>>
so is the first order gone now or what? what exactly are the rebels rebelling against now?
>>
>>64211627

The Second Order and their new Galaxysmasher station
>>
Why did R2 turn on all of a sudden?
BB-8 was at the rebel base before that with the map.
Why wouldn't Luke come out of hiding if he can feel 5 planets worth of innocence being destroyed?
Why wouldn't he have a way for his sister to contact him?
If Rey is anyone's daughter, why would they leave her on Jakku?
How is she so 'likeable' if she's a sweaty savage? Shouldn't she be hard nosed and unlikable?
>>
>>64211627
Supreme Leader Snoke is still off somewhere, and the movie didn't give much of a shit about the Death Star 3.0 being destroyed, so it probably doesn't mean a whole lot long term
>>
>>64211627
They're rebeling against
ORDER 66 - THE NEW CLONE WARS
>>
>>64211507
What fucking farm boy in the real world just learns how to fly spaceships in the real world on there damn time even with a cool uncle? What are you even saying? If a farm boy and a slave can do it, fuck it why not a homeless girl, who fucking cares as much? It's not even a thing worth mentioning, just accept it
>>
>>64211684
Hell they already leveled the Republic it seems in one strike. It probably sucked to lose it, but it certainly did its job. 4 developed planets just annihilated.
>>
>>64211507
>>64211529

And to add to that: Even though Luke did nothing but fly around and shoot things in his free time, he STILL wasn't an immediate genius regarding everything flight related. He didn't know shit about how the Falcon works and only got in Han's way when they escaped the Empire. Of course to dement Luke's abilities, but to show that really only Han knows how to fly the Falcon and that Luke's "Of course I could fly it" was wrong and they actually needed Han. Which makes Rey immediately knowing everything about the Falcon even more retarded.
>>
>>64211765
how the fuck did they destroy the republic in one shot

that bit confused me
>>
>>64211627
the new republic is wiped out
the first order is going to move in and take over
the resistance was just a small military wing of the new republic
>>
>>64204969
Agreed. Are you guys even fucking aware how many characters there are like Rey that Hollywood shits out every fucking year?
And a lot of them fit the term a lot fucking better than she does, too.
Do they get called Mary Sues? Of course not, because fucking Landis didn't say so.
I was always expecting weeks of shitposting after this movie's release, but I have to admit the Mary Sue meme came out of the blue.
>>
>>64211699
It was Luke's HOBBY. He wasn't good at anything else.

It was Anakin's goddamn job. Watto made him pilot pods, fix pods, and fix junk. That was his entire life until he met Qui-Gon. That and talking to pilots.

Anakin doesn't even fly the starfighter. He gets launched into autopilot up to the battle, R2 turns autopilot off, he spins, he wrecks into the hangar and that's it. Fires a bomb, gets it out of the door, and autopilots home. He doesn't even shoot down a fighter or anything.

Rey pilots a ship that requires a co-pilot and lines up the perfect shot with a broken turret. Because she took some junk apart, I guess. Come on, there is a clear difference.
>>
Kylo Ren can use the Force to read minds? Am I getting that right?

Have we seen anyone else use that power like he did before?
>>
>>64211529
So only people with jobs can pick up flying spaceships in this sci fi fantasy, I must have forgotten that rule while reading Star Wars for dumbasses who talk shit digest. What are you even talking about? I can't even call you a dumbass facktard becuase that sounds so stupid what you are even saying
>>
>>64211537

Seriously. What do we even look forward to in the new movie? Kylo is a wimp who can be beaten by Rey Sue without her even receiving proper Jedi training and the biggest base of the New Order was already blown up.
Now Rey will receive Luke training and ascend to Jedi God levels, surpassing every single Jedi before her within a single day of training and probably be able to wreck the rest of the Empire herself.
What threat is even left? Why should we care about the story to continue with the Main Villain already beat to a pulp and a Mary Sue sitting there about to get powered up?
>>
>>64211865
You don't have to justify the prequels, those are just trash.
>>
>>64211666

>Yfw they go full Universe Level destruction at the end

How would you feel if Star Wars went full /m/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CXNa_m52r0
>>
>>64211769
she knew about the falcon because it was stationed in her planet for probably the entirety of her childhood. She fucked around inside it for hours and hours as a kid.
>>
>>64211921
Snek is about to train Kylo Ren up to sith master standard. He's just a punk kid in this one, gets beat in a duel by two literally whos, gets cockblocked when he tries to use his powers, smashes shit up like an autistic child when he's disappointed
>>
>>64206007
Eat food
>>
>>64211880
Revan used it to steal entire languages from alien's minds.
>>
>>64211865
It was Luke's hobby and look what he did. It's not that much a stretch to believe that if Rey knows so much about space ship parts to scavage them that maybe she knows how to fly them too. I've been fixing cars up my whole life but I have no idea how to even drive one, where do put the key?
>>
>>64207146
another nah, it was fucking deep man
>>
>>64205234

They're not that common in movies anymore, because most movies are not that poorly written.
>>
>>64212057
who is Revan
>>
>>64212018

Pretty doubtful. She even mentioned that it looks like a hunk of shit and wanted to get in the other ship. There is absolutely nothing to say that she bothered with it and it looked like it had been collecting dust.

When you are trying to survive in the day to day that casts further doubt on her "spending odd hours somehow figuring shit out on the Falcon". It wasn't even her ship.
>>
>>64212093

This post is pretty nonsensical, what exactly are you trying to imply because it's contradictory
>>
>>64212029
>gets beat in a duel by two literally whos

That's the issue with me. Even if he was injured, a Sith with some level of training (assuming some from Luke and some from Snoke) should have no issue dealing with two people who picked up a Lightsaber for the first time. It felt lame to see a villain beaten so easily when we have 2 movies in a trilogy left.
>>
>>64211699

>in the real world

What the fuck are you talking about? On Tatooine, he was going to train as a pilot you fucking dense fuck. That was his clear aspiration in ANH and he has a fight with his uncle over it. How do you even feel qualified to talk about this subject you fucking child.
>>
>>64212160
Of course it would be, you can't even wrap your head a around a character from a sci fi fantasy that know how to fly a spaceship
>>
>>64212093
Just because you're an aerospace engineer doesn't mean you know how to fly a plane. Much less at the level she was flying the Falcon on Jakku.
>>
If Luke is so important to both the resistance and the new order, why do they send Rey and Chewbacca to find him?
>>
I thoroughly enjoyed TFA and think it lived up to the hype.

There were a few inconsistencies but the same is true of any fictional story.
>>
>>64210430

The worst thing about Rey is that they could absolutely have justified everything and made her Mary-Sueness less ridiculous, but didnt.

She lives four feet away from a downed starship and has lots of free time. Its not unreasonable it might have some sims sitting around there.

Oh look, show that she has fixed up an old training sim - so we can see she's technical - and that she does nothing but play pilot games all day - add a few more dings and mistakes into her flying and she's absolutely believable as a pilot - and it doubles up as showing she has hidden wanderlust and is isolated from others on the planet.

And force powers. Yknow what'd come in real handy for negotiating prices in a scavenger camp? The abilitity to subtley influence people's minds!

Show her doing that, and we have an indication she's force sensitive and a vague justification for her being able to pick up real mind control later rather than reaching down and pulling the ability right out of her vagina.

Now either i should be being paid millions to write scripts, or fixing Rey into a believable character is so easy that not doing it is a sign of fucking laziness.
>>
>>64212238
why didn't """"general"""" leia go at least? I mean they surely didn't keep her around for her understanding of strategy since she didn't even send bombers to attack the Universepummeller
>>
>>64212238

Because everyone loves Rey
>>
>>64212227

I can't wrap my head around how being dropped in the middle of a desert as a little girl turns you into an expert: pilot, technician, and martial artist

No, I can't. I'd like a full explanation. "It's a tough life" really doesn't cut it my friend. And it certainly doesn't rectify how terribly boring her character is.
>>
>>64212238
He's only useful because he can teach Rey the ways of the force and how to become their key to defeating the dark side.

Plus he ran away for a reason, sending a whole entourage to go get him probably would have scared him away into hiding again. If it's just one good Jedi student then she can coerce him into coming back.
>>
>>64212215
Oh I'm sorry, I'm sorry, let me go be a farm boy in a sci fi fantasy and learn from my uncle about flying spaceships and come back so I can talk more in depth about this subject. Then will I be qualified? Will I be qualified then
What the fuck are you even talking about? Who give s amuck about Luke's uncle or what he did, he got killed by a storm trooper but oh Rey don't know how to fly spaceships becuase she doesn't have an uncle, fuck you
>>
>>64212238

When you have a Mary Sue recruited into your ranks you use her dummy
>>
>>64209033
I guess that smaller ships with wings are designed to fly on planets as well but yeah the rocketry in space is stupid.
>>
>>64211019
>those cords over the body suit
>>
File: 1447194825149.png (84 KB, 436x425) Image search: [Google]
1447194825149.png
84 KB, 436x425
>it's a "Rey is a Mary Sue" thread
>>
>>64212375
When did Luke go from literally smashing Vader to pieces with his animal strength and resisting the dark side and saving the galaxy to "oh no please don't come in mom i'm meditating i dont wanna go outside mom GOD"
>>
>>64211886
People with the means and training can usually do what they set out to do, if that's what they want to do.

A bum living under a bridge probably cannot fly a plane, even if he scavenged a 1000 airplane parts.
>>
>>64212314

>they could absolutely have justified everything and made her Mary-Sueness less ridiculous

Even if they justified it, it wouldn't make her character any less lame. I like it when characters have room to grow on screen, but Rey is seemingly already unstoppable.
>>
File: 1360037350890.jpg (199 KB, 519x497) Image search: [Google]
1360037350890.jpg
199 KB, 519x497
>>64212414

You'll be qualified when you actually watch the fucking OT and then gain a measure of critical thinking skills by passing high school you incontinent retard

You are single-handedly reducing the quality of posting on this board by a significant degree and that's a pretty spectacular feat

Yeah, fucking compare Star Wars to your own life, now we're making a lot of sense

You are spewing drivel like a common street corner looney
>>
>>64212321
>I mean they surely didn't keep her around for her understanding of strategy since she didn't even send bombers to attack the Universepummeller

They could only send in a small number of fighters because of the shields. They explained this pretty blatantly when they were planning on attacking Starkiller Base. Not to mention that the small group they sent in was basically the Resistances' entire fleet.
>>
>>64212314
>And force powers. Yknow what'd come in real handy for negotiating prices in a scavenger camp? The abilitity to subtley influence people's minds!

The problem with that is that both Finn and Rey were not supposed to believe in the Force and the Jedi before meeting Han.

So she literally never had contact with the Force even accidentally until that trippy vision she had, which makes it even more unbelievable that she suddenly becomes a Force genius,
Especially because there was noone instructing her. Even Luke and Anakin needed masters to teach them how to use the force and they actually needed to work hard for it and couldn't just use it.
But Rey just fucking pulls Jedi Master mind control although she doesn't even know what the Force is or that that even works.
Then she proceeds to BTFO Kyol Ren who ACTUALLY trained to use the force simply by closing her eyes.

This is why it's so infuriating: Why sit there for 2 hours watching a movie if there is no logical plot progression and the character just suddenly gains a new ability just because the writer decided so?
How can you be invested in a character who just magically picks up a new abiltiy when they need it?
>>
>>64212116
KOTOR
>>
>>64212467
When Kylo betrayed him and slaughtered his students, dip shit.
>>
>>64212467
When his hopeful self was broken by having his closest student turn into a murderous psychopath hell bent on killing his father who happened to also be Luke's best friend.
>>
>>64212370
What do you think she was dropped in Pakistan? It's a fucking sci fi fantasy planet full of all being desert 'dur that's not how real world girls learn ships, she needs a job and a farm boy uncle to pilot spacecrafts' fuck off you can't even watch a simple movie without sounding a like a dumbass
>>
>>64210806
I wait until I have a high chance of being the only person in the theater
>>
>>64210765
It would be more shocking if we had invested time seeing her learn the force/grow as a Jedi, only to see her succumb to the Sith
>>
>>64212493

There was no excitement in the theater when the movie ended, for all of the intense action that had built up prior

just a lot of "well that was kind of cool I guess"
>>
>>64212519
>>64212116
Watch out for spoilers,
tough
>>
>>64204867
>it was an amazing movie.
lol
>>
>>64210765
Doesn't make her an interesting character, though.
>>
>>64212541
just turn your brain off lol
>>
>>64210806
I live in America and nobody clapped until the very end.

Some guy started quoting the trailer "There has been an awakening..." line but I shot him a look and he shut the fuck up.
>>
>>64212493
>But Rey just fucking pulls Jedi Master mind control although she doesn't even know what the Force is or that that even works.

What is Rey is the most powerful Force user of all time? Even more so than Yoda?
>>
>>64212541

Now you're just being a dumb little parrot, just fuck off

Mad your shitty little fanfic character is getting exposed for being an annoying ass on-screen detriment
>>
>the resistance
What are they resisting? Why doesn't the government just use their own army?
>>
>>64204867
it was an amazing movie, and a good friend.
>>
>>64212589
I had some douchebag keep making shitty Wookie sounds in mine. No one wanted to tell him to stfu. Why do people like this think they're funny?
>>
>>64204867
all the movie felt like a fanfiction

prequels may be awful as movies, but at least they were doing their own story
>>
>>64212580
T U R N O F F Y O U R B R A I N
U
R
N

O
F
F

Y
O
U
R

B
R
A
I
N
>>
>>64212615

>this new upstart Empire is building a fuckhuge space cannon with a caliber the size of the old Death Star

IM NOT LISTENING

WE'RE NOT LISTENING

LA LA LA
>>
>>64212474
Maybe she flew a few between those 1000 parts. Did you ever think of that smart guy, did little fucktard Star Wars digest for fuckwads think of that. I'm snowy da movie didn't have a 80s montage of wey lurrning how to fly spaceships so witto stawars baby can compwehend da movie
>>
So... is Jakku seriously not Tatooine? Will it ever be confirmed or not confirmed?
>>
>>64212615
I don't think this was explained well enough. How big are the First Order exactly? Why is the Republic one planet? What are they called the Resistance?
>>
>>64204867
>aside from being shit, it was good
ok
>>
>>64212310
ok
>>
>>64212654

>jus use ur imaginashun lulz

Jakku sounds magical, the Resistance should look into dropping off a few more shipments of 5 year olds to go to Mary Sue school in the middle of that desert
>>
>>64212666
The Republic was spread over multiple planets which is why you see several blown up after the weapon fires.
>>
>>64212654
Just turn your brain off
>>
>>64212580
Why so I can sound like bitch like you?
>>
>>64212607

The first thing she does with the force is to fully control someone's mind. Not just trick them into thinking they heard something or make them say something, she fully controlled a Storm Troopers actions.
Has any Jedi actually been shown to be capable of doing this?
Especially because the key to mind tricks always was to be subtle, but Rey full on told the guy she was gonan manipulate him
>>
Why did Rey suddenly care about a random droid? It's not like droids are treated as human in the Star Wars universe. I thought she was a survivor girl who fought for food. I'd expect her to sell BB8
>>
>>64212707
>The Republic was spread over multiple planets which is why you see several blown up after the weapon fires.
???? that was one planet and a bunch of moons I thought

how fucking small is this republic?
>>
>>64212654

this is a "no brain zone", grab some popcorn and enjoy
>>
>>64204867
What exactly was so amazing about the movie? I saw it and JJ proves yet again that he doesn't take risks.
>>
>>64212722

Because she's a good girl
>>
>>64212722

sorry sir, looks like you're going to have to hand over your brain, little too much thinking
>>
>>64212664

why the hell was there an old AT-AT on Jakku and also an old rebellion pilot helmet?

is Jakku desertified Hoth?
>>
>>64212740
Starkiller Base can destroy entire solar systems, and the Republic (which was just recovering after decades of war and cleanup after the Empire fell out) was mainly stationed in that one system, including their capital.
>>
>>64212654
>harsh desert planet
>The only thing I can do to make a living and feed myself is to give junk to foodman at foodmart
>Sometimes he gives me a lot of portions sometimes not
>I have to tally up how long I've been here inside of my wrecked AT-AT house
>I have a doll, helmet, speeder, and a metal stick I use as a weapon since I've never used a blaster
>I've managed to earn some money and got a speeder bike so I can get more junk

WHO IN THE FUCK WOULD LET HER PRACTICE FLYING AND WHY, SHE IS LITERALLY A HOBO COLLECTING CANS
>>
>>64212722
I could believe that scene. She definitely looked like she wanted the food, but it seemed like her gut(force) was telling her not to.
>>
>>64212639
Everything not done by Lucas is by definition fanfiction.
>>
>>64212722
BB-8 is cute and she knew he was hiding something big.
>>
What annoyed me was the distinct lack of menace from any of the 'baddies' bar Kylo Ren (helmet on)

General Huxx, Hoxx, Dixx, Coxx whaever the fuck his name was, looked like he'd just graduated from Uni, so did his subordinate. How the hell did he become a fucking general in the Fourth Reich?
>>
>>64212722

I find your lack of faith of the force disturbing
>>
>>64212740
You have to remember that this Republic is relatively young at that point in the timeline. Not at the level that we see it at in the PT or anything.
>>
>>64212806

It was during one of her "believe" sessions where she put an old pilot helmet on and closed her eyes

closing your eyes always does the trick
>>
>>64212642
So the new empire is an upstart? Doesn't that imply that there is some sort of establishment? What are they doing? Usually a "reistance" is an upstart resisting the establishment.
>>
>>64212860
Seriously - why were the two dudes directly under Snoke in their mid twenties.
>>
>>64212871
they had 20 years man
>>
>>64212860

It's even worse if you watch the german version, because he has the same voice as Howard Wolowitz from BBT.

Immediately takes out any threat
>>
>>64212860
I actually liked Huxx, the fact that he could stand up to a guy that could kill him by looking at him made him a lot more intimidating.

I also felt that Kylo Ren removing his helmet did a great job at placing him apart from Darth Vader and making him a more "human" antagonist, likely setting him up for moral conflict and a potential redemption in the sequels.
>>
>>64209212
Yeah thats why they put in those 2 stormtroopers awkwardly walking away to, feel for his conflictedness yeah
>>
>>64212918
That's a very small time window on a galactic scale.
>>
>>64212899
Obviously Snoke was an eccentric billionaire who backed Kylo Ren's Kickstarter campaign to revive the Galactic Empire.
>>
>>64212926
Hux was garbage he had no presence at all. If they were trying for a new Tarkin they failed spectacularly. Kylo Ren was good.
>>
>>64212722
Nah that was fine. When the guy was going to give her a ton of "portions", she realized the Droid might be worth a lot more than she thought.
>>
>>64205593
Convince me the plot of any Star Wars movie was not written by a 12 year old.
Fuck sake.
>>
File: 1447965943775.jpg (15 KB, 327x324) Image search: [Google]
1447965943775.jpg
15 KB, 327x324
>>64212958
>>
>>64204867
I think she's suppose to be like that. The force is erupting out of people. There's a choke point.
>>
>>64210599
>Lightsaber fights were the best ones yet
The fights were even worse than the one's in the original trilogy.
>>
>>64212970
Tarkin sucked too, so Hux fits perfectly. At least Hux was smart enough to jump ship.
>>
>>64212871
It's literally older than the empire was at the beginning of the OT
>>
>>64212970
This. I cringed at his speech.
>>
>>64212926
Agree with you on Kylo Ren. I liked him without helmet too but I thought he did lose a bit of edge when he took it off.

Can't have it about Hux though, still takes his washing home to his mam guaranteed.
>>
File: 1419957400275.jpg (77 KB, 599x800) Image search: [Google]
1419957400275.jpg
77 KB, 599x800
>>64213018
>Tarkin sucked too

you are not a good friend
>>
File: prpr.png (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
prpr.png
12 KB, 400x400
>General Cux
>gives incredibly important shield codes to a Captain
>>
>>64212955
Seemed like plenty of time for the empire in the OT
>>
>that LITERAL nuremberg rally

good job JJ you managed to be more hamfisted than lucas

rest of the film was good tho.
>>
Why did Kylo Ren sound like Bane?
>>
>>64207146
Nah you got some good points man.
>>
>>64213023
The Empire had backing from Emperor Palpatine who was a major political force as well as inherited an entire fucking army from the Old Republic.

The New Republic was started by a bunch of ragtag rebels who barely had any resources to go off of after staging a huge rebellion against the aforementioned Empire.
>>
>>64211523
Phasma is a traitor and a coward, if she didn't care she would of just crossed her arms when they told her to move. She knows they can't turn off the shields alone, what were they going to do...shoot her?
>>
>>64210765
disney doesn't have the balls to do that.
>>
>>64213062
Well, the Empire actually took ownership of the Republic when they overthrew it.

The Rebels evidently just blew up the death star and partied.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.