[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Sequel to a $1 billion blockbuster, yet has zero hype >Previous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
>Sequel to a $1 billion blockbuster, yet has zero hype
>Previous film was total fucking garbage, only made $1B because it was a 3D immersive-world theme park ride that came out three months after Avatar and rode its coattails to success
>Johnny Depp is now box office poison
>Coming out the same day as X-Men Apocalypse
>China isn't interested in this shit, the first film didn't even come out there

I hope Disney enjoys their Star Wars billion because they're gonna lose a nice chunk of that with this turkey
>>
I don't remember the first movie having any hype either.
>>
File: wonderflop.png (82 KB, 867x903) Image search: [Google]
wonderflop.png
82 KB, 867x903
>>64198334
It didn't need hype, people were thirsty for immersive 3D blockbusters in the aftermath of Avatar, and Alice 2010 came out THREE MONTHS after that film. Everyone just saw it assuming it would be an amazing experience like Avatar was. And guess what, $1 billion worth of audiences saw what a steaming shitpile that movie was.

Absolutely fucking nobody is going to see this garbage sequel. It's going to be annihilated by capeshit and this godawful half-assed "franchise" will die a quick and hilarious death.
>>
>>64198334
Then you're a fucking idiot because the hot topic crowd was like dude acid trip lmao
>>
>>64198413
/tv/ is the most bitter place on earth. DISNEY will never fail.
>>
>no Tim Burton's name on the poster

That's a plus I guess.
>>
I really wish Burton would just adapt American McGee's Alice, it seems too perfect a combination.

At least Beetlejuice 2 might be good, r-right?
>>
>>64198481
Even the hot topic crowd found Depp's Hatter cringeworthy. That movie totally failed to impress that audience.

>>64198706
You know a film is going to be garbage when Tim Burton is too good to direct it.

>>64199220
There won't be another Alice in Wonderland adaptation for decades after this shit flops. Besides, American McGee's Alice hasn't been relevant in years.

As for Beetlejuice 2... kek.

>>64198527
Alice in Wonderland (2010) is one of the most aggressively awful films to become a hit. It's as bad as people claim the star wars prequels to be. Instead of Carrol's mathematical conception of un-logic, the mess of a script uses surrealism as an excuse for haphazard worldbuilding, idiotic character motivations, and a disjointed, tension-less plot built on a stock prophesied-to-save-the-world structure that leads to a giant battle for no reason which felt like a tired cliche even then. It's "immersive" world looked terrible even then, shitty, phony CGI overcompensating for the lazy set design and boring production design. Alice was a total nothing of a protagonist, Johnny Depp went full no-fucks-given, Bonham Carter screaming with Big head mode turned on was so fucking obnoxious, Rickman and Lee were totally fucking wasted. You could feel the hatred emanating from every person in my packed IMAX theater during Depp's breakdance.

I hate Alice 2010. Hate it. Hate hate hate it. hate it with every fiber of my being. Disney has a reckoning coming. I CANNOT WAIT for this sequel to FLOP.
>>
Depp will be unemployable after this. Can he even sell Pirates movies anymore?
>>
>>64199462
Mcgee's making a compilation film isn't he? There was a kickstarter to let him buy his film rights back and he got it a few years back.
But then again I haven't checked on it since then so maybe your right.
It was a good game though, especially for how badly made it was.
>>
File: whoopi wooldberg.jpg (325 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
whoopi wooldberg.jpg
325 KB, 1600x1000
>>64198527
>DISNEY
>never fail
nice one
>>
>>64201648
That's not even counting John Carter, Lone Ranger or even Tron Legacy. Pirates 4 made $250 million, so not even the marketing machine behind an established franchise can guarantee a success for Disney. Alice 2 stands no chance.

Also, Robert Zemeckis is convinced MNM was the "best 3D movie since Avatar." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tZyz2gG1kU

>>64201083
His film will probably an interesting curiosity, if not exactly good. The audience for a big-budget American McGee Alice film has came and went though.
>>
>>64202003
Pirates 4 made a billion dollars you dumbass, and a sequel is already in the works
>>
>>64202056
250 million domestic though. That's embarrassing.

Alice won't have nearly the same foreign appeal as a Pirates film.
>>
>>64202056
Also,
>implying foreign audiences will fall for the same half-baked pirates shit again
Depp is done
>>
>>64202003
John Carter deserves sequels but the rest of their flops failed since they were shit
>>
>>64198309
Haven't even seen the first one but it looks like something plebs will eat up.
I'll probably steer clear though.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.