[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is she a Mary Sue?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: Rey.jpg (221 KB, 640x958) Image search: [Google]
Rey.jpg
221 KB, 640x958
Is she a Mary Sue?
>>
i want her to be my gary stu, if you know what i mean
>>
>>64195458
more like a walking deus ex machina
>>
>>64195458
Not anymore than Luke was.
>>
>>64195514
>luke
>gets nothing but btfo'd for two movies
>rey
>nearly kills the biggest non-hologram villain her first try
look i liked the movie but that's wrong and you know it
>>
>>64195514
At least Luke lost to the villain once.
>>
Not quite
Though at best she's underexplained. More likely it's sloppily written.

While actually watching the movie you get some context to her performing her actions, i.e. Learning to use mind trick only after Kylo fucked up his on her and she resisted.

The only really glaring part was the light saber fight at the end. That was the definition of contrived, right down to the ground splitting apart just perfectly to separate them.

It's fairly safe to assume she's Luke's child. They drop hints at it throughout. As such she's some sort of force savant, so takin that like of logic her powers make sense.

But still, sloppily written.
>>
>>64195514
i don't pop into /tv/ much anymore but are people really trying to push this shit, or is it just a meme?
>>
>>64195580
>comparing Kylo to Vader
m8
>>
>knows droid language
>can pilot anything
>can repair old ships
>knows modifications made to other's ship
>can find luke's saber without trying
>can force people
>can fight trained jedi with saber

No
>>
>>64195661
/tv/ is a shithole with autistic manchildren who only want to hate everything that's too popular.
>>
>>64195667
i'm saying that making kylo as unskilled as he was was a bad idea. if rey can shit on him as easily as she did, what's there to be threatened by? there's no suspense. snoke is a nonentity so far.

kylo could have been just as angry and uncertain as he was, but still be written to win that fight until the gap separated them. would've given the movie a much more tense end.
>>
>>64195634
There has to be more to her than just being a young girl who happens to be strong in the force. The way she resists Kylo instinctively and uses mind trick suggest she's not untrained.
>>
>>64195742
He was a good force user tbf.
>>
>>64195742
I agree. Ending the fight on even terms would have been better, but I guess it was to show that Kylo wasn't as strong as he thought he was. He was also wounded and obviously mentally fatigued both from murdering Han and the fact that Rey resisted his force techniques earlier.
When he says he wants to teach Rey about the Force, it doesn't come of as commanding like Vader did with Luke, he was scared and wanted to end the fight without getting his ass beat. At least that's how I see it.
>>
I'm more pissed that they nerfed a good villain just so the boring heroes can win. It's Darth Maul all over again.
>>
Nearly all clickbait blogs, internet feminists, and SJWs came to her defense, so the answer is yes
>>
>>64195458
No actually, just barely explained
She was trained before or at the very least introduced to the Force. she was also called by it to find the lightsaber and all that stuff
because the force is the strongest power in the galaxy
>>
>>64195458
Landis was right #lwr
>>
File: Luke_Skywalker.png (543 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Luke_Skywalker.png
543 KB, 640x480
>>64195458
Which body part gets cut off before episode 9?
She can't be a Skywalker without losing a limb.
>>
>>64195999
It's just a lazy way of describing he character tBh
Luke and Anakin both overcame impossible odds in their first movies, and they aren't seen as Mary Sues
>>
who the fuck is mary sue?
im from /sp/ but i just saw the movie last night.
please explain this meme.
>>
>>64195458
That term doesn't have any meaning. It's a phrase that 15 year olds throw around because they think it makes them sound like intellectuals.
>>
>>64195580
>Luke
>blows up the death star ez pz

I would not call this getting btfo

getting roped into the trap that Vader set in ESB, yeah.
>>
>>64196083
A Mary Sue is a character without flaws. I don't think Rey is a Mary Sue, maybe a bit overpowered though.
>>
>>64195634
>That was the definition of contrived, right down to the ground splitting apart just perfectly to separate them.
You really don't have a firm grasp on the tone of Star Wars do you.
>>
>>64196056
hopefully her head or face.
>>
>>64195458
No.

>>64195727
>>knows droid language
>>can pilot anything
>>can repair old ships
>>knows modifications made to other's ship

She piloted the falcon reluctantly at best. She almost crashed it before it even took off and then struggled to get it stable. It's true that she knows how it works even though she's some lowly scavenger, but that's because it's been there for a few years and it was modified to a system she's familiar with. Being a scavenger and having to know what parts to bother with because your food depends on it can transfer to ship knowledge. Remember, she was at this junkyard since she was like 5, she would pick up on things like mechanic parts and droid and alien language.

>>can find luke's saber without trying

Ok this is the force calling to her typical fantasy shit. Remember, she didn't want anything to do with being a jedi when max explained it to her. She wants to go back to Jakku because she thinks her family is coming back for her. These are flaws a logical character wouldn't have, she's like a child still

>>can force people
She does that out of desperation and after Kylo tried it on her.

>>can fight trained jedi with saber
Her and Finn kept up with a grievously wounded Kylo because they just saw him kill Han and supposedly kill the other. Also why can't it be that Kylo is kinda a shit at fighting? He's already insecure and emotional as fuck.
>>
>>64196130
What prominent flaws does she display in the movie?
>>
>>64196130
name her flaws. I'm waiting.
>>
>>64196099
>blows up the death star ez pz
He had obi wans magic ghost powers on his side.
>>
>>64196158
>rey apologist
I hope you get banned
>>
>>64196170
Desire to return to Jakku instead of moving on, getting scared when she has a vision and runs away, is seen crying over Finn's body.
>>
>>64196218
he's a contrarian among contrarians, isn't it sad?
>>
ZOMG TEH REY
>>
File: 3901569-2363630745-514d0.jpg (30 KB, 236x306) Image search: [Google]
3901569-2363630745-514d0.jpg
30 KB, 236x306
>>64195458
Movie would be alot more believable if it the end its revealed rey was darth revan
>>
>>64196076
Luke was slapped back and forth until he grew in power and defeated Palpatine.

Anakin had emotional issues and struggled to find peace when he lost a love one.

Rey, on the other hand.... she, uh... she
>>
>>64196158
Okay, but all the other wookies are dead. How could she know a dead language if nobody speaks it?
>>
>>64196170
>>64196190
>I can't go have space adventures with you Han! I have to go back to Jakku because my family is totally coming back for me.
Bitch is like 8 mentally. She can behave like an adult but shes totally still a lonely child.
>>
>>64196230
>is seen crying over Finn's body
It's a flaw to cry over someone you care about?
>>
>>64195514
>Luke
>Laughed at as a whiney cunt for half of ep4.
>Never uses the lightsaber even though he trained with it
>Loses his mentor in Ben
>Destroys the Death Star but only because of his direct guidance from Ben and because Han Shot Vader's ship so he wouldn't have any interference

>Rey
>Never flew the Millennium Falcon
>Flies it perfectly and knows how to repair everything on board
>every character she meets loves her
>shoots a blaster and manages to kill two people even when moments before she didn't even know what the safety was
>is not only able to block Ren and but is able to read Ren's mind when she has no knowledge that she even has the force at this point
>now assuming she has the force is able to perform a "Jedi mind trick" even though she had no formal training and probably heard about the existence of such a trick third handedly
>confronts Kylo who is well trained in both the force and saber fighting
>manages to "out force" him again when she grabs the lightsaber
>beats Kylo to near death, although provided with help admittedly

Yeah she's way too fucking overpowered.
>>
>>64196332
>I can't go have space adventures with you Han! I have to go back to Jakku because my family is totally coming back for me.
If she's such an expert pilot, why wait to steal the Falcon because the plot called for it? She she had a brain, why not go off on an adventure and find her family, run into Luke, ect?

Why did they fire Michael Arndt again?
>>
>>64196190
her use of the force is fueled by rage and she's using force powers that she shouldn't be using until she's trained. she's fucking up big time, doing everything in the wrong order and with no guidance.
>>
>>64196279
I think they're saving that for Part 2

Why else have her be separated from Finn?
>>
File: 213.png (652 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
213.png
652 KB, 480x600
Another Diasy thread? Yeah!
>>
>>64196377
Those aren't flaws, buddy. It also sounds like you're grasping for straws here.
>>
>>64196313
>but all the other wookies are dead
???

>How could she know a dead language if nobody speaks it?
She doesn't have any line exchanges with Chewbacca where he grunts and she knows what he's says. I guess this is gonna be awkward for the next movie so you may have a point here if they don't do anything with this.
>>
>>64195580
Im willing to bet his training is far from complete, It sounds like he was denied a lot of training for not giving himself to the darkside completely yet.

That alone would make his force powers limited, but now that he has killed his father and given himself over he will get to complete his training.

Wouldnt be shocked if he isnt in the movie much, its more apart the TFO and the rebels fighting only to see a better trained Kylo come out, maybe with some robotics attached like Vader, but not entirely.
>>
>>64196302
Both Luke and Anakin had 3 movies for their characters to grow, I'm comparing their characters in ANH and TPM respectively.
A 7 year old kid destroys the Trade Federation, and a guy with 0 X-Wing experience pilots it without issue and destroys the Deathstar. It all comes back to their connection to the Force.
>>
>>64196344
have you ever considered the thought that kylo is just a shitty noob sith? snoke probably doesn't know much about the sith since I don't think he trained from palpatine, the last dark lord of the sith.
>>
>>64196371
Because she was still expecting he family to come back any day. She marks literally every day like the next day they're going to come. Also everything you listed is like hindsight, she can't steal the falcon when they're aren't tie fighters attacking and not have any repercussions. She's not an expert pilot she's like an amateur so if the portions guy sends guys to get the falcon back and she's just by herself, what the fuck is she gonna do?
>>
File: MaReySue1.jpg (34 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
MaReySue1.jpg
34 KB, 380x380
>>64195458
Her name is Marey Sue
twitter com/MareySue_SW
facebook com/marey.sue.sw/
>>
>>64196425
>A 7 year old kid destroys the Trade Federation
He didn't destroy the Trade Federation. Anakin's power and knack for flying and podracing helped him win. Did you even listen to Qui-Gon? Or were you putting your hands over your ears while saying "BLAH BLAH BLAH TPM SUCKS xD!"

>and a guy with 0 X-Wing experience pilots it without issue and destroys the Deathstar
Both Obi-Wan and Vader knew that there was something different about Luke.

>It all comes back to their connection to the Force.
The fact that Rey lacks any sort of build up prior to her flying the Falcon and doing random feats diminishes this point here. Lucas properly set up Luke and Anakin, while JJ allowed things to happen for Rey.
>>
>>64195661
It's people defending their Waifu by making up shit
>>
>>64196340
Jedi aren't supposed to cry over shit
>>
about to go see TFA with my mom. wish me luck.
>>
>>64196527
>Because she was still expecting he family to come back any day.
>any day
Okay, buddy, here's some logic: She's 17 and waited for years (she was a child, as seen through the vision), so what makes her think that they will come?

Use Your Brain. She's fucking stupid.
>>
>>64196527
She can steal the Falcon, anon. It was there, she could've stole it.

>but but someone would attack her!
Are you saying that she can't beat them? If so, my fucking sides...
>>
File: 1449377917495.jpg (56 KB, 619x619) Image search: [Google]
1449377917495.jpg
56 KB, 619x619
>>64196581
>She's fucking stupid
yeah see she's not a mary sue
>>
>>64196196
Obi-Wan didn't do anything except tell Luke to trust the Force.
>>
>>64195458
Of course she's a Mary Sue. But it doesn't matter.
Disney spend an absurd amount of money on advertising this shit, so most people will watch anyway.
>>
>>64196056
I say she loses an eye.
>>
tfw can't tell if /tv/ is 50% underaged or if its contrarianism is just eating itself
>>
>>64196633
It's strange that she lacks a brain but could single handily fly expertly, defeat trained warriors expertly, and evade from danger without injury, ect..
>>
>>64196567
Good thing she's not a Jedi.
>>
File: 1399255432797.gif (743 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1399255432797.gif
743 KB, 853x480
>>64195458
At the end of part 2 we find out that Rey was Kylo Ren's girlfriend.

They killed the Jedi together but then Rey lost her memory for some reason and ran away. This allows for a big reveal ala Empire in the next movie, gives Kylo and Rey conflict and allows for a strong feminist message for tumblrites because she is beating her evil ex-boyfriend.
>>
>>64196158
I can accept the pilot part even becoming the new falcon owner.

But she can't use the force like that on her first try. Kyle Ren stuck is hand on her face and tryed to suck her knowledge. Then she tries to manipulate people like obi wan even though she never saw people doing that?

Luke had to train for weeks and got wrekt for fighting emotionally and too early. Now she can beat Luke's padawan because Luputa told her to close her eyes and feel?

Ya rite
>>
>>64196694
>You hate TFA? contrarian! xD
It's called having an opinion, kiddo. When you grow up and stop following politically connected rotten tomatoes, you'll understand.
>>
>>64196056
Her clit
>yfw she gets a robot clit as replacement
>>
>>64196770
i meant literally the opposite of what you thought i meant, you edgy retard
>>
>>64196230
>gets captured
>>
>>64196539
Defeats the Trade Federation then. Anakin wouldn't have been able to do all that shit without the Force.
>Both Obi-Wan and Vader knew that there was something different about Luke.
And it's obvious Maz knows there's something special about Rey.
>The fact that Rey lacks any sort of build up prior to her flying the Falcon and doing random feats diminishes this point here. Lucas properly set up Luke and Anakin, while JJ allowed things to happen for Rey.
You're right, there isn't much buildup for this, but she does say that she's a pilot. Again it's the same thing for Anakin in TPM who only piloted podracers before, and he's able to reasonable fly a Naboo fighter. Luke has piloting experience sure, but there's a difference between that and then engaging in starship fighting with the Empire.
My point is that all 3 characters does insane shit that would be impossible if they weren't extremely strong in the Force.
Rey lack some development regarding her force powers. The fact that she can mind trick a stormtrooper so easily irked me some.
>>
File: 15125.png (504 KB, 637x604) Image search: [Google]
15125.png
504 KB, 637x604
>>
>>64196701
Just like Luke in ANH
>>
>>64195580

Kylo is obviously nothing compared to Vader

he's only like episode 2 Anakin level
>>
>>64196757
You realize they're bring back the notion that the force is magic and story telling instead of your power level and skill points in force choke right? Yeah it's a reach, but Obi Wan told Luke to use the force completely vaguely to get an almost impossible bullseye
>>
>>64196835
Luke could fly moderately well, but I don't remember him defeating trained warriors expertly.
>>
>>64196807
>Maz knows there's something special about Rey
The fact that we don't know anything about Maz, or why she has Anakin's lightsaber, makes it difficult to swallow. Might as well have JJ come out and say "hey, audience, this is Rey! She's super strunk!"
>>
>>64196855
we're discussing what kylo should have been, not what the jews wrote him to be
>>
>>64196099
He didn't do it with out a lot of help from his team and Han Solo coming in to save the day. Not to mention the fact that Obi Wan's guidance pushed him over the edge to make the right decision to trust his feelings.
>>
>>64196835
>>64195514
Some people didn't watch A New Hope

>Luke
Got rekt by the tusken raiders, needed Obi Wan to save him
Nearly got killed by the men in the cantina, needed Obi Wan to save him
Needed Leia and Han to cover his ass constantly during the rescue mission, which ended up being a clusterfuck
Screwed up deflecting blaster bolts while Obi Wan was training him, never actually does that until 2 movies later
Rarely used his lightsaber at all
Needs C3PO to interpret droids for him
Initially annoyed Han and Leia with his naivete and innocence
Needed R2 to save him from being crushed by the trash compactor
Needed Obi Wan to protect him from Vader
Needed Wedge to protect him from a TIE fighter during the trench run
Needed Han to save him from Vader during the trench run
Piloted competently, didn't do anything the other rebel pilots couldn't do (except aim the torpedo)
Used the force once

>Rey
Beat up four guys by herself
Skilled marksman
Skilled mechanic
Knew more about the Millennium Falcon than Han and Chewie, who piloted and repaired it for years
Piloted the Millennium Falcon by herself competently enough to outmaneuver two TIE fighters, even though it required two pilots
Gets kidnapped once, ends up saving herself anyways
Better at using the Force than Kylo, who trained under Luke for years
Instantly knowledgeable about probing minds, telekinesis, and using Jedi mindtricks
Instantly skilled at using a lightsaber
Has super saiyan jedi mode, which no other jedi has ever used in the movies
May have possibly learned all of this at the ripe young age of 4, depending on her backstory
Instantly liked by everyone
Instantly trusted by the Resistance to go on a mission to find Luke, even though they barely knew her
Can speak Droid and Wookie fluently
>>
>>64196701
She's not dumb, she's naive. She's more pious than logical and critical. Hey being a child is the most apt description of her setback
>>
>>64196835
>A Tusken Raider knocked Luke unconscious.
>A creature in the trash compactor took out Luke
>Chewie almost took Luke out
>Luke struggled to shout his opinions, even to Obi-Wan.

Yeah, no.
>>
>>64196908
fuck off
>>
File: laziest bait award.png (29 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
laziest bait award.png
29 KB, 800x600
>>64196984
>>
>>64195458
Nope
>>
>>64196908
this cherry picked pasta tho
>>
>>64197071
Hi Daisy, how are you? Rested from your nightly hangover?
>>
>>64196908
The hype will make people defend it like crazy for a few months.
Look at the Marvel movies. When they come out they are typically the best thing ever then six months to a year later everyone realizes they weren't that good. Its the Disney way.

Luke use of the force is the equivalent of hitting a half court shot in basketball with out much practice. Difficult, lucky, but not impossible.

Rey using the force to win a lightsaber duel is like her beating an NBA player in a 1 on 1 game with litter practice even if the NBA player is tired. Its basically impossible.
>>
>>64196908
Luke is very inexperienced, having had a safe childhood with family and friends. Rey has lived on her own and had to survive by herself and picked up a lot of skills doing so. The fact that she's combat proficient gives her a huge advantage from the start.
And without Finn helping her on Jakku on the Falcon she wouldn't have survived.
>>
>>64197087
>cherry picked
Not him, but it's not cherry picking at all. If you even watched A New Hope, you can see clearly that Luke's very green, while Rey, in TFA, should be leading general in a top army.
>>
>>64196908
You're exaggerating a lot of stuff from TFA to pad out your point anon, you shouldn't need to do that if your argument is solid.
>Beats up 2 guys not 4, they are unarmed and she has a weapon
>Mediocre marksman, misses like half the shots she takes
>Knew way less about the Falcon, just knew more about what's happened to it in the time since it was stolen from Han
>Escapes from the restraints but has nowhere to go
>super saiyan jedi mode pulled straight out of your ass
>>
>>64197144
>misses like half the shots she takes
even han does this if you pay attention, she's a skilled marksman compared to the rest of the galaxy.
>>
>>64197103
>Rey using the force to win a lightsaber duel is like her beating an NBA player in a 1 on 1 game with litter practice even if the NBA player is tired. Its basically impossible.
It's more like beating an NBA player in a 1 on 1 when he has a broken ankle and his parents died on their way to the stadium.
>>
>>64195514
Probably bait but he literally does nothing in the first movie. The most he does is convince Han to save Leia until the final moment

It would almost be like if Luke met obi-wan, and then proceeded to find Han, drive the Millennium Falcon, save Leia, fight of vader in melee combat and then destroy the death star
>>
>>64197130
>And without Finn helping her on Jakku on the Falcon she wouldn't have survived.
Had she stole the Falcon prior to Finn's retreat, she would've made it out alive and started her adventure. The story clearly established that she didn't need a mentor or a friend to help her escape. She was just waiting for dindu to help her move along because the plot called for it.
>>
>>64197227
they're just desperately trying to make anyone and everyone mad because that's how the new generation on /tv/ thinks trolling works.
>>
>>64197227
>So by using this logic, she couldn't have defeated edgelord Kylo without the help of dindu.
Did you not see him effortlessly force pushing her against a tree and Finn had to fight him off?
>Even though she clearly was able to knock two or so attackers in the beginning of the movie?
A couple of unarmed thugs, against a skilled and armed person.
>shill
nice buzzword
>>
File: 2020971.jpg (894 KB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
2020971.jpg
894 KB, 2000x3000
here we fucking go
>>
>>64196397
D O G
O
G
>>
>>64196344
Sadly the only reason Rey has no flaws is because if she showed one instant of needing help from another character feminists would all throw their used tampons at the screen.
>>
>>64197144
>Mediocre marksman, misses like half the shots she takes

She made a pretty damn good shot.

>Knew way less about the Falcon, just knew more about what's happened to it in the time since it was stolen from Han

That's bullshit, when those weird alien things got released she knew exactly which wires connected to which doors without having any blueprints. Most electrical engineers can't pull that shit off. She screws up once and it only benefits her

>Escapes from the restraints but has nowhere to go

After overpowering her captor with the force. Her captor who, by the way, trained under Luke for years. Even though just a short while ago she barely knew anything about the force.

>super saiyan jedi mode pulled straight out of your ass

It was. She just miraculously becomes way better than before.
>>
File: dabdhdhdvle.webm (772 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dabdhdhdvle.webm
772 KB, 1280x720
>>64196257
>>64196397
>ywn snuggle with daisy
Why haven't I killed myself yet /tv/?
>>
>>64195780
Maybe she was trained by Luke but her memory has been wiped.
>>
File: 699345345.jpg (19 KB, 286x283) Image search: [Google]
699345345.jpg
19 KB, 286x283
>>64197366
>lunchlady arms
>>
>>64195458
Only faggots care about this question.
>>
>>64197366
She's very very average looking
>>
File: HasScienceGoneTooFar.jpg (89 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
HasScienceGoneTooFar.jpg
89 KB, 768x1024
>>64195458

She is the definition of one.
>>
>>64196743
I'm a fat lesbian.
Can't wait for this.
>>
>>64195458
is the space pope reptilian?
>>
>>64196886

why should he have been so strong though?

Anakin was the biggest mary sue in the whole franchise because of chosen one bullshit not Rey

why should Kylo be more powerful than prequel Anakin at the same age
>>
File: helmet.webm (627 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
helmet.webm
627 KB, 720x304
>>
>>64197279
Did you even watch the movie? She didn't WANT to leave Jakku.
>>
>>64196862
You mean retconning. OT still had it that you needed training, which is why Vader wanted to complete Luke's training, and why Luke got his ass handed to him by Vader. It's fucking bullshit that a complete novice can beat someone with more experience, again Vader vs. Luke proves it.
>>
File: shemad.webm (1 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
shemad.webm
1 MB, 854x480
>>
>>64197481
Anakin was terribly written, but he still got shit on constantly. He lost to Dooku and bordered on being a complete psychopath during Attack of the Clones.
>>
Female audience likes MerryShoes.
And the movie is targeted to them.
>>
>>64197484
Autism.webm
>>
File: 1451030566637.png (648 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1451030566637.png
648 KB, 500x700
>>
>>64197514
Because the PLOT called for it, you dumb popcorn eating fuck.
>>
>>64197481
see my post here
>>64195742

kylo may be wounded but by harping on that you're not thinking in movie logic. rey beat him easily, that's what matters as far as the plot goes. with kylo justed and the first order's base destroyed there's barely any interesting plot points to make a sequel with besides
>snoke
who nobody is enthusiastic about at all
>>
File: 1450733978635.jpg (272 KB, 1587x935) Image search: [Google]
1450733978635.jpg
272 KB, 1587x935
>>
>>64197396
>she knew exactly which wires connected to which doors without having any blueprints.
How did she know exactly which wires connected to which doors if she did the wrong doors?

>After overpowering her captor with the force. Her captor who, by the way, trained under Luke for years. Even though just a short while ago she barely knew anything about the force.
Kylo trained with Luke in jedi skills, his sith training is mediocre at best and he's dealing with an internal struggle.

>It was. She just miraculously becomes way better than before.
It's called "using the force". She wasn't using it at the start but when Kylo mentions it she remembers to calm herself and use it. They could not have made this any clearer in the movie.
>>
File: 1451169375885.png (561 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1451169375885.png
561 KB, 500x600
>>
>>64197516
Luke had VERY little training and Vader is 100 times stronger than Kylo. Luke was able to use the Force to guide his shot that destroyed the Deathstar by training for a few hours on the Falcon.
>>
>>64197448
>Can't wait for this.

you cant wait for the reveal that their fight was not a fight at all, and that kylo let her win out of chivalry? wow lad
>>
>>64197602
>his sith training is mediocre at best
he stopped a blaster mid flight
at the VERY least the guy should be better than someone with no training.
>>
>>64197591
wew lad
>>
>>64197591
W E W W E W E W E W E W
>>
>>64197484
What the fuck was up with this scene?
>>
>>64197591
perfect
>>
>>64197218
Yeah, he totally didn't blow up the Death Star on his first time flying an X-Wing.
>>
File: 1450611839409.jpg (685 KB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1450611839409.jpg
685 KB, 2000x3000
>ywn be in Daisy's presence
Just mercy kill me now.
>>
>>64195514
Luke was useless garbage the first 2 movie tho

Rey never had any master and she already know how to mind control with the force
>>
>>64197709
sorry that title belongs to raffey cassidy
>>
>>64197591
I can't stop seeing Kiera Knightley + Olivia Wilde
>>
>>64197523

looooooooooool

thats what pass as acting nowadays?
>>
>>64197551
>>64197705
wow you niggers will literally hate anything
>>
File: rey4.png (2 MB, 1000x1370) Image search: [Google]
rey4.png
2 MB, 1000x1370
>>64197591
oh lawd
>>
>>64197736
You might trigger the mods that are paid to look the other way for this trash m8
delete your post quick
>>
>>64197581
What the fuck is even your point? That she should have just took off on her own into space without any help with a huge chance of death?
>>
>>64197711
He didn't. He fired the torpedo without a targeting vector and let the Force do all the work.
>>
>>64197750
Is this from a photoshoot? sauce pls
>>
>>64197730
Luke also learned how to do the mind trick on his own.
>>
>>64197750
i want 2 lick her freckles
>>
>>64197777
which compared to what rey did in the mary sue awakens isn't that impressive.
>>
>>64197766
Considering the Falcon was sitting there... yeah

>without any help with a huge chance of death?
I'm sure Ms. Mary Sue will be just fine, anon.
>>
>>64197786
http://www.daisy-ridley.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=82
>>
File: 1429514570839.gif (476 KB, 188x174) Image search: [Google]
1429514570839.gif
476 KB, 188x174
>>64196257
>>64196397
>>64197366
>>64197400
>>64197484
>>64197559
>>64197591
>>64197634
>>64197691
>>64197722
>>64197750
I am depressed
>>
>>64197795
200% wrong, he had both Yoda and Obiwan training him
>>
>>64197529

yeah but the only reason Anakin lost to Dooku was because Yoda had to do SOMETHING impressive in the prequels to justify his status in the original trilogy

anyway I'm honestly glad they didn't build Kylo up to be some second coming of Vader who is even more powerful already!
that would've felt fanfiction-y as hell
>>
>>64197523
>just show your teeth at all times daisy, yeah there you go perfect acting!
>>
>>64197746
I didn't hate it i was just a bit confused. At worst it was just kinda cringy
>>
>>64197587
>with kylo justed and the first order's base destroyed there's barely any interesting plot points to make a sequel with besides

>Kylo returning to snoke to complete his training and will obviously want revenge
>First order's top leaders are still fine and seemingly unperturbed by the starkiller's destruction meaning they have much more up their sleeves and still an overwhelming advantage over the resistance
>>
>>64197786
Reverse image search it, nigga.

>>64197777
So he saved the day because he was a special snowflake chosen one?
>>
File: 5rgwGh.jpg (107 KB, 1024x699) Image search: [Google]
5rgwGh.jpg
107 KB, 1024x699
>>64195458
I'm willing to bet that she was in training under Luke, and that he sent her to "Totally Not Tatooine" to live with "Totally not Ben Kenobi" so that she would be safe from the rampage of Kylo.

That's the only thing that explains her being able to instinctively use the force after just finding out she has it.
>>
>>64197795
>on his own.
he was trained by yoda
>>
>>64197661
He didn't guide anything, he just judged it after encouragement from Obi Wan, like he'd been doing all his life bullseyeing womprats back home. Force sensitives are known to have inherent talents when it comes to enhanced reflexes and intuition, but to use advanced abilities like mind tricks and telekinesis they've always needed some training. Also Luke had spent a lot of time with Yoda before he faced Vader.
>>
>>64197856
kek. She was pretty lousy throughout. The media, of course, will defend her since she's a strunk womyn who need no man to hold her hand.
>>
File: 1448594355280.jpg (78 KB, 960x834) Image search: [Google]
1448594355280.jpg
78 KB, 960x834
She's never going to love me

why even fucking live
>>
>>64197827
Why? If this was any other girl from a different series it would be deleted within 5 minutes. You should be happy that the janitor/mods have been paid to pretend it doesn't break the rule they made up to stop the people they hated before
>>
>>64197679
He WAS better than someone with no training. Just not so much better that he could still win after being severely wounded and mentally exhausted and unstable.
>>
>>64197546
>franchise is space opera
>JJ turns it into soap opera
BRAVO
R
A
V
O
>>
>>64197843
He learned how to do the mind trick (and the choke too) between ESB and ROTJ when he had no teacher.
>>
>>64197904
She probably will, anon, and then disappear after the night. She's a disgusting whore bag irl
>>
>>64195458
She's a person, and her name is Rey!
>>
>>64197915
>He WAS better than someone with no training
no he wasn't anon
>>
The force works in mysterious ways you autists. Its not always about power levels.
>>
>>64197876
see>>64197938
>>
>>64197938
Luke didn't do Force choke, anon. That's fan speculation.

And he learned about the mind trick through Obi-Wan. Did you even watch A New Hope? Do you even understand the concept of building up and pay off? However, how did he learn it? Who knows.
>>
>>64197862
blonde hitler is a minor character, he's only a face for the sith that actually run the order and doesn't seem to have a will of his own. as far as kylo returning to snoke, he's already established as being on par with the heroes. training isn't going to suddenly turn him into a vader tier master. he's not scary anymore.

i feel like you're trying to make excuses for the movie. don't misunderstand me, i want the next ones to be good. i'm just worried they won't be because hollywood has an awful track record.
>>
>>64198012
he choked those pig fucks at jabbas palace.
>>
>>64197820
>Considering the Falcon was sitting there... yeah
For what purpose? Why would she still a piece of junk ship that she could barely fly just to leave a planet for no reason?
>>
>manchild autists think that having 'muh coherent characters' is more important than inspiring a generation of young girls

Do you guys ever wonder why you're still virgins?
>>
>>64197961
>Its not always about power levels.
90% autismos here come from /co/umblr and/or love capeshit, so there you go
>>
File: th.jpg (24 KB, 432x408) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
24 KB, 432x408
>>64197961
>episode 8 will reveal that women have a stronger understanding and use of the force
>>
>>64198012
Its almost as if Rey learns about force mind manipulation through Kylos attempts on her so she decides to try it for herself.
>>
>>64197938
He was initiated to feeling the force by Obiwan in ep4
He was shown the trick was possible and how it was performed by Obiwan in ep4
He was taught how to actually use the force to influence things around him by Yoda in ep5
Then he mind control someone in ep6

Rey didnt had any of this
>>
>>64198036
>he choked those pig fucks at jabbas palace.
Again, fan speculation. He used the Force to back them away, but there's so confirmation that he used choke.

He clearly used the mind trick on Jabba and the fat fuck even said "your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me"
>>
>>64197945
Her name is Reybert Paulson
>>
>>64197961
>it's not always about power level
Rey is 100% about powerlevel
It's the core reason of why the character is so shot
>>
Actually just watched it and...I'm not really feeling the Mary Sue so much as a case of "Protagonist Syndrome"

She's got her specialty, that being all things tech, but honestly her Force shit in this wasn't all that incredible. She has a vision that scares the shit out of her. She pushes back Rey's mind reading attempt. She JMT's one stormtrooper and it almost doesn't work. She uses the force to grab her lightsabre. She wins a fight against a whiny Vader fanboy (who is incidentally the son of the least force-sensitive member of the family and a space hobo).

And that's it. It's not that she's a mary sue, but that you cocksucks are blowing what she managed to do out of proportion. If she had done less than Luke in ANH (Which she does, in many respects) you would have griped about her being incompetent, since she did a little more you're bitching about her being omnipotent instead.

It's literally impossible to please you fuckers.
>>
>>64198046
>For what purpose? Why would she still a piece of junk ship that she could barely fly just to leave a planet for no reason?
To find her family. If she had a brain, and knew that they wouldn't come back (remember the Force vision and Daisy's "acting"), she could've just stole it and leave the backwater planet to start her life and adventure.

>she could barely fly
She flew the Falcon just fine, anon. Keep in mind that had she left the planet prior to dindu's arrival, she wouldn't have been chased by TIE fighters.
>>
>>64198034
>as far as kylo returning to snoke, he's already established as being on par with the heroes. training isn't going to suddenly turn him into a vader tier master.
He's above on par with the heroes, he needed to be severely wounded for them to put up a fight, plus it was a 2v1. They'll train and he'll train and he'll still be a significant threat. Hux didn't really do anything but the point is that the First Order isn't crippled just because they lost one super weapon, they still have all their important leaders and plenty of resources/soldiers.
>>
>>64198012
They fucking grabbed their throats as they stepped back. They were purposefully making the parralel between Vader and Luke. Fucking retard.

He didn't learn the mind trick from Obi-Wan, he just saw him do it. That's like saying I can learn how to dance by watching Saturday Night Fever.
>>
>Take the greatest Jedi Knight, strip away the Force, and what remains? They rely on it, depend on it, more than they know. Watch as one tries to hold a blaster, as they try to hold a lightsaber, and you will see nothing more than a woman – or a man. A child.
>Nothing is impossible with the Force.
t. Kreia
>>
>>64198160
Not really? Shes trying all these things she never thought she could do and they're working. Seems more like the force using her than anything else.
>>
>>64198096
Her connection to the Force was awakened by the lightsaber, and again by Kylo.
>>
>>64198196
>They fucking grabbed their throats as they stepped back. They were purposefully making the parralel between Vader and Luke. Fucking retard.
>Fucking retard! xD
Again, fan speculation. You better take this frame by frame discussion to your Star Wars forum, brah
>>
>>64198094
>learned it from his attempts
apologist, please
>>
>>64198066
But I thought we were equals.
>>
>this thread again
>still not getting that Rey is the first saint of the Church of the Force.

>>>64196978
>>
>>64198066
I'd fucking laugh at the meltdown that happens here.
>>
What the fuck is going on with the English in this thread? Are you lot a bunch of Brazilians?
>>
>>64198196
>He didn't learn the mind trick from Obi-Wan, he just saw him do it.
See >>64198012
>>
>>64198246
I would if literally everyone on the planet didn't already agree Luke choked the pigs.
>>
biggest disappointment of the whole movie was Captain Phasma showing up in like 2 scenes and doing literally nothing
>>
>>64198183
>To find her family.
And how is she supposed to find them when she has no clue where they went (and doesn't even seem to know much about them in general)? From an objective standpoint it's obvious that after that long they aren't coming back, but it's perfectly understandable for someone who grew up being certain they would to not want to let go of that thought, especially because it means accepting that they are probably either dead or don't care about her anymore.

>She flew the Falcon just fine, anon
Almost crashing before you get off the ground is just fine? Sure she eventually got the hang of it, but she wouldn't have known that before attempting it. She didn't even want to take it to begin with and only did because she was forced to.
>>
>>64198094
To quote Han Solo, the Force doesn't work like that.
>>
File: Lukechoke2.png (2 MB, 1918x816) Image search: [Google]
Lukechoke2.png
2 MB, 1918x816
>>64198284
Why are you using some retard who can't comprehend basic things happening on screen as your responce?
>>
>>64198230
>Her connection to the force
Would allow her to feel the force, nothing more

You dont see luke mind controlling people, wielding lightsabers and doing force pulls in EP4, even with Obiwan training all he manage to do is remove his computer and "let the force guide him" in a critical moment
>>
>>64198094
Did Kylo said "you will now collaborate, you will now give me the map, you will now undress"?
>>
Rey is both perfect at everything she does and she also has a flawless personality
>>
>>64198094
>Rey learns about force mind manipulation through Kylos attempts on her so she decides to try it for herself.
how can anyone read this sentence and not immediately think "fanfiction"?
>>
File: 03.jpg (109 KB, 388x594) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
109 KB, 388x594
>>
>>64198370
And deflect blasters without looking. And that's with like 5 minutes of training. Luke also learned how to use tk between ANH and ESB without a teacher.
>>
>>64198395
The interrogation clearly backfires
so it's plausible
>>
File: 01.jpg (541 KB, 598x1000) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
541 KB, 598x1000
>>
>>64198230
Jesus Christ, that's literally the title
>>
>>64198323
>And how is she supposed to find them when she has no clue where they went (and doesn't even seem to know much about them in general)?
That's why it's called adventure and story, anon. I think you better cool it with the spoon-feeding Nolan movies.

>From an objective standpoint it's obvious that after that long they aren't coming back, but it's perfectly understandable for someone who grew up being certain they would to not want to let go of that thought, especially because it means accepting that they are probably either dead or don't care about her anymore.
If the movie loves poetry, I'm sure Rey would've wanted to leave Jakku because of her hope/motivation of finding her family. Think back to Luke and his thirst for leaving Tatooine because something big was waiting for him outside of that hell hole of a planet. It makes little sense as to why Rey wanted to stay on Jakku when she has the means of escape due to the Falcon and her apparent piloting skills. She's only staying there because the script's calling for it and she needs to find and meet dindu.

>Almost crashing before you get off the ground is just fine? Sure she eventually got the hang of it, but she wouldn't have known that before attempting it. She didn't even want to take it to begin with and only did because she was forced to.
Think back to Han Solo and his attempt at landing the Falcon. For someone who understands and flew the Falcon for decades, I'm sure rust and/or nerves plays a long way. Now we haven't seen Rey fly the Falcon prior to then, but it's clear that she has piloting skills. Once her nerves cleared, she did just fine.

And she was forced to because the script said so. Otherwise, any normal Human being would've ran to it faster than the speed of light with hopes of escape.
>>
>>64198469
>that red light

Rey going dark side CONFIRMED.
>>
>>64198099
thats cause mind tricks dont work on him, but force choking clearly works on pig fucks
>>
>>64198366
>Talking about the mind trick
>Posts something else to prove another point from a different post
You just went full retard, anon
>>
>>64198500
It's POETRY.
>>
>>64198395
I'm sure you have one that's way better than what we got.
>>
You are tasked with solving the math problem of A^x + B^y = C^z

Who do you ask to help you?

1. Albert Einstein
2. Leonhard Euler
3. Rey
>>
File: 08.jpg (153 KB, 328x594) Image search: [Google]
08.jpg
153 KB, 328x594
>>
>>64198556
The post you quoted mentioned both, buddy. You can't learn a new power just by seeing happen once 3 years ago.
>>
>>64196344
/thread
>>
File: 1388550117923.jpg (54 KB, 601x386) Image search: [Google]
1388550117923.jpg
54 KB, 601x386
I'm laughing because if the roles were reversed and it was Finn on a gary stu adventure, not a single thread would pop up in defense. it would be countless posting of "nigger stu" and "he ruined star wars". but because it's a woman, you have pockets of white knights coming to her rescue.

just accept that she's a fucking sue and stop trying to fight it. bitch is poorly written and they'll have to work their asses off in EP8 to fix it.
>>
>>64198332
Remember when Luke let the force guide him to blow up the death star? If you have an open mind and are sensitive to it the force will help you.
>>
>>64198395
She resists his mind reading techninque instictively which suggest a strong connection to the Force. Kylo realizes this and runs to his master. Rey realizes it too and acts on it.
>>
>>64195482
I don't...
>>
>>64198395
It's really quite pathetic, the more Reyfags try to defend her, the more they expose her Mary Sueness.
>>
>>64195458
it's a feminist wet dream. No tough boys allowed!
>>
>>64198621
>The post you quoted mentioned both, buddy. You can't learn a new power just by seeing happen once 3 years ago.
And now you're talking about the mind trick again?

And again, I SAID he saw Obi-Wan. BUT HOW DID HE LEARN IT? WHO KNOWS.

Your reading is terrible, buddy.
>>
>>64198580

Dumb question Rey has a graduate degree in theoretical mathematics she earned from the Bedouin Academy's martial/scholastic scrapper monastery located deep within the deserts of Jakku, brah.

Certificates in advanced engineering, exotic linguistics, has her pilots license, and spent her spare time building a speeder or whatever.

Can Einstein even into Force powers?
>>
>>64198648
There already is a Finn force senstive character. He's called Kyle Katarn and people call him a Gary Stu all the the time.
>>
>>64198655
>rey realizes it
BRO. COME ON.
>>
>>64198655
>She resists his mind reading techninque instictively which suggest a strong connection to the Force.
>A girl with no training is able to resist a trained Force User when not even Luke in RotJ could keep Vader out of his head
The more you White Knight, the more of a Mary Sue your waifu becomes. It's embarrassing just admit Rey is shit and Ep 8 has a lot of work to do.
>>
>>64198756
>Ep 8
im not going to bother to see it, im done with star wars, I think I may even be done with movies in general...
>>
>>64198416
He didnt learn a single thing "without a teacher", everything that link him to the force is through his teachers, obiwan teach him to feel the force, aka deflect blasters hear force ghost and more
Yoda teach him to use the force, aka force pull, force move and more

Rey randomly resist the force interrogation of a trained sith and just randomly use it on a stormtrooper, despite not a single minute of training nor having witnessed it ever
>>
>>64198695
He learned it the same way Rey did. Through letting the Force flow through you. It's what the training in the OT is all about.
>>
>>64198756
Just admit you've never touched a female before and there being a powerful female force user makes you uncomfortable so we can all move past this.
>>
>>64198795
episode 8 will be more of the same, but with MORE STRUNK WIMMIN and the dark sequel meme.
>>
>>64197827

I feel your pain. I was caught unawares too. I didn't think much of it before. I saw the movie and thought she was A CUTE. Then it dawned on me that she looked perfect. Then my heart bled a little.

I'm totally infatuated now. Not proud, but it's the truth.
>>
This thing legit looks like a HRT advertisement... no wonder it's spread everywhere.
>>
>>64196076
>It's just a lazy way of describing he character tBh

Some characters are lazily-written.
>>
>>64198808
Did you forget about Luke pulling his saber in the begining of ESB? Obi-Wan didn't teach him that.
>>
File: 001 (1).jpg (22 KB, 200x254) Image search: [Google]
001 (1).jpg
22 KB, 200x254
>>
>>64198517
>That's why it's called adventure and story, anon.
You're retarded. It makes no sense for a young girl to abandon her home, steal a ship, and set off by herself into the universe with no idea of where to search. She could spend every second of her entire life searching and never come even close to scratching the amount of area she'd have to cover. Staying on Jakku gives her a much, much better chance of being reunited with her family. You're also crazy if you think she can just steal a ship from someone with no consequences.
>>
>>64198844
Wait until your see her party drunken images and webms, anon. You'll run for the hills and never look back.
>>
if you dumb motherfuckers don't realize that Rey is going to become one of the most powerful jedi of all time, I don't know what to tell you
>>
>>64198756
>comparing Kylo to Vader
This has to stop. Vader is infinitely stronger than Kylo.
And nothing is impossible with the Force, Vader more or less says so in ANH.
>>
>>64195458
the problem is people mistake poorly written character with the fact that rey is a female

whatever she's a female, the point is the lazy writing
>>
>>64198885
>It makes no sense for a young girl to abandon her home, steal a ship, and set off by herself into the universe with no idea of where to search
>with no idea of where to search
Every adventure starts with one step and a convenient meeting with Han Solo, you fucking autist.
>>
>>64198885
>You're also crazy if you think she can just steal a ship from someone with no consequences.
Yeah... she did and she got away with it.

God, you are so fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1411296946470.gif (2 MB, 210x155) Image search: [Google]
1411296946470.gif
2 MB, 210x155
>>64197864

>fucking hell
>losing my shit over this woman
>losing hard
>>
File: 1446701169378.jpg (30 KB, 355x236) Image search: [Google]
1446701169378.jpg
30 KB, 355x236
Let's all agree to stop calling her a Mary Sue if Disney stops calling it Episode 7.

If this is some fanfict alternate universe where the rules of previous films do not apply, I'll stop calling her a Mary Sue. I'll accept that, in this version of Star Wars, it's possible for an awakened force user to suddenly become skilled in the use of force and saber control.

Star Galaxy: Rey's Awakening(Episode 1)
>>
File: 1426343197716.jpg (7 KB, 241x346) Image search: [Google]
1426343197716.jpg
7 KB, 241x346
>>64199065
dont worry it'll be called episode 4 after the prequels got erased :^)
>>
>>64198861
He barely manage to pull it when it's 4 inch away, and that's because if he doesnt he's gonna die in 5s

Rey do a complete mind control just to get out of jail AND THEN do a force pull 40 meters away that happen to override the forcepull of Kylo

It's like a terrible fanfiction with a 200m budget
>>
>>64198954
So she's supposed to give up on any realistic chance at seeing her family again so she can go off on an adventure alone for no reason? So fucking stupid. Her entire goal is to see her family again, wandering around the universe with no idea where to look will not help her achieve that goal.
>>
File: robin williams killed himself.gif (3 MB, 240x196) Image search: [Google]
robin williams killed himself.gif
3 MB, 240x196
>>64198518

Holy SHIT these legs... Hold me, about to break stuff.
>>
>>64198469
I want to sexually fuck Daisy.
>>
>>64198910
kylo is supposed to be infinitely stronger than rey, so what's your point?
>>
>>64197826
Thanks friend
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.