[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he the best tv character ever created ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: ODc2g7xW_400x400.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
ODc2g7xW_400x400.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
Is he the best tv character ever created ?
>>
>>64193096
Idk how i feel about that ending
>>
>>64193096
You could make solid arguments for The Knick being superlative in any conceivable category.
>>
Best acted - yes, probably.
Best created - nah, Thack is pretty much House: 1900 edition.
>>
File: 1442972406227.gif (3 MB, 280x358) Image search: [Google]
1442972406227.gif
3 MB, 280x358
>>64193096
>>
Season 2 felt like going nowhere I dropped it the episode where gallinger went eugenics at the end of it. (not because of this of course)

Does it get better ? Should I watch the rest of the season ? I mean I loved the first season but the second season I just found myself pausing all the time.
>>
>>64193360
hes a better character than house because he fucks up a lot, is cruel, and people hate him
>>
>>64193934
>fucks up a lot, is cruel, and people hate him
So just like House?
>>
>>64193934
>>64193934
>because he fucks up a lot, is cruel, and people hate him
So literally House, the character?
>>
>>64193360
>>64193948
>>64194024
The comparison is valid I suppose but it's also lazy/ignorant. It's not like House invented the archetype.
>>
>>64193924
Yes it gets much better
>>
>>64193924
I really don't get this mentality. It takes a severe drop in quality and/or multiple insultingly stupid episodes for me to quit something midseason. If you can't recognize the greatness which is evident in every scene of The Knick then it might not be the show for you.
>>
>>64193096
Far from it, yet he's still the best thing about The Knick.

I find this show to be underrated in general in that it doesn't deserve to be totally ignored over the likes of TWD, and yet highly overrated by this board.
>>
File: nurseelkins.jpg (21 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nurseelkins.jpg
21 KB, 1280x720
>not the QT devious waifu nurse
>>
>>64195738
The acting is top notch, but it's definitely not the best thing about The Knick. I don't think it's possible to overrate it, it's the best show of 2015 by a wide margin and after the finale probably one of the all time greats.
>>
>>64193360
House wouldn't turn a pure christian nurse into a cocaine whore. Maybe because he couldn't.

Also, House is smarter, more manipulative and much more impulsive than Thack.
>>
>>64195664
mate u serious
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.