[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw enjoy watching war movies for the fighting and action
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: Soldier_yelling-486x272.jpg (31 KB, 486x272) Image search: [Google]
Soldier_yelling-486x272.jpg
31 KB, 486x272
>tfw enjoy watching war movies for the fighting and action
>tfw almost every war movie has at least one character going on a 30 min. long rant about why and how war, fighting is dehumanizing and bad
>tfw it's like the screenwriter, actor, is trying to shame you for liking movies about fighting and action

Does this grind anyone else's gears?
>>
Its just a way of making it more exciting. kind of like if a girl says she is a virgin before she does a blowbang scene.
>>
>>64190814

In war movies it's a buzzkill and makes the characters seem like complete lame-o sauce
>>
war movies need to appeal to the biases of sheltered/pampered audiences
>>
>>64190738
>Does this grind anyone else's gears?
Yeah, it's annoying.
>>
>>64190738
>30 min. long rant about why and how war, fighting is dehumanizing and bad

which movie?
>>
>>64190738
People who fight in modern wars always bitch about war being shit and dehumanizing. Cuz it is.
See: "Restrepo"
>>
>>64191916

People have been hitting and poking each other with sharp, wounding objects for centuries. It's not dehumanizing, but an essential part of the human experience.
>>
File: #no_lives_matter.jpg (68 KB, 728x596) Image search: [Google]
#no_lives_matter.jpg
68 KB, 728x596
>>64190738
>Hollywood relies on violence imagery and glorifies guns in their movies constantly
>limo lib actor comes out supporting gun control

it's like pottery
>>
>>64192087
Modern warfare changed the game completely. It's not about pride and glory anymore. There's no code of ethics anymore. Modern society doesn't support their warriors like they used to. War has changed. It's not an essential part of human experience anymore, because war is primarily waged by hired guns and drones n shit. And there's no going back.
It's a part of the human experience if you live in Afghanistan or Syria or some place like that.
>>
>>64190738
Does this grind anyone else's gears?

Nah not for me. I do find it very annoying though.
>>
>>64190738
War is only good if you are a jew profiting from it (manufacturing of guns, own a private prison, or own a large economy that is losing value pre-war)
>>
>>64190738
20 minutes of build up and then non stop carnage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctnK7wdJmAo
>>
>>64192213
>like they used to

For the most of human history, soldiers (as in regular army/mercenaries, not some shitty palace guard) weren't a welcome sight because they tended to pracise their nomadic lifestyle on the local populace, no matter if they were enemies or allies.
>>
>>64191704

This. People want to make themselves feel better about watching violence by feeling guilty.
>>
You know what grinds my gears?

>we're outnumbered and outgunned.
>predictably survives.
>if not they took a million enemies down with them.
>>
>>64192298
This movie told me NOT to ever fight in the jungle.
>>
>>64192298
We Were Soldiers was a great movie. But this scene always gives me douche chills. Why wouldn't they delete this?
https://youtu.be/cSSCCmbsEvk
>>
>>64190738
Do you like this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpH5L8zCtSk
>>
>>64192448
Spielberg knows this.
>>
>>64192441
Well, I say that based on my experience as a russian. Our biggest celebration is WWII victory. The holy-sacred war and so on. After WWII we had more conflicts (Afghan, Chechnya), but we never celebrated our post-WWII fighters because these wars were more complicated than "nazis wanna level us let's protect our motherland". War has changed and is not seen as Act Of Valor anymore.
>>
>>64190738

Armchair generals who have never seen a day of combat grind my gears tbqh pham, their is nothing magical about war, it's shit.
>>
>>64192213
>pride and glory
Fuck off. For most of human existence, warfare was just one group of villagers being hired to rape and murder another group of villagers

The pride and glory meme is a recruiting tactic and always has been.
>>
>>64192213
>There's no code of ethics anymore.
Haha oh fucking wow
What is it with millenials and not knowing any history?
WW1 they were gassing each other
ww2 Nazis were going around executing civilians
Korean war was almost ethical but being knee deep in gooks tends to bring the worst out of people.
Vietnam.. ask the firebombed jungle villages and savaged villagers how 'ethical' the war was.
And before that? Marauding Napoleonic armies? They lived off the land. For most of history, wars caused substantially more civilian deaths because the armies would go through and eat and savage the civilians even of their own country.
Before the 20th century, the safest place to be during a war was in the fucking army. Being shot at was safer than having the army pass through your area and turn your village into a wasteland.
>>
>>64192213
>War
>pride and glory
Please go jew.

Young people made to fuck and breed and have fun are sent to slaughter by highest tier jews that wont pick up a single weapon in thjeir life

all beause their money was in some way threatened (either through too big population or some other issue)

War is a jew trick.
>>
War makes people go ouchy and get boo boos.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.