[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i don't get it i've watched three whole seasons of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 21
File: buffy.jpg (28 KB, 600x298) Image search: [Google]
buffy.jpg
28 KB, 600x298
i don't get it

i've watched three whole seasons of this. the romances are beyond terrible. the action is 90s camp. some of the dialogue/acting is atrocious.

yes, there are some good parts (like giles, the mayor, cordelia, sometimes willow, and some good episodes) but this show is largely mediocre. is it going to get much better? i thought season 3 was supposed to be amazing, but all the romances are fucking killing it. that, and it's clear that they have no clue where the series goes past a season, judging by their quick wrapups at the end of every season so far.
>>
It was a show of its time. It's not got great rewatchability.
>>
>>64186704

i liked it and i just started it this year

honestly it's not the most amazing thing in the world but it's a lot of fun to watch, but then again i'm someone who loves bullshit 90s camp
>>
>>64186704
Most shows pre game of thrones are garbage.
It took a very long time for executives to realize people wanted more serialized shows and that its hard to produce quality when you have to make 20+ Episodes a year.
Ironically tv ratings are lower than ever compared to a decade ago.
>>
>>64186752
the only reason i finally watched it was my girlfriend raving about how good it is. you know the times you really want your friend to watch/play/read something and are so excited for them to do so? well, that was her with buffy. i have to feign my excitement every time an episode ends.

granted it really isn't a bad show, i just don't see the genius. i thought firefly and dollhouse were way better whedon shows.
>>
>>64186704
You should have seen it back in 90s
Now its too late, it will never be good for you again
>>
>>64186778
>most shows pre game of thrones are garbage
what

no
>>
X-Files was the superior 90s show
>>
>>64186800
Unless it's from HBO or is named Twin Peaks then its pretty eh.
The reason why people call now the Golden age of television isn't that the best shows are coming out right now. It's because there is a constant stream of decent shows. Before if you wanted high quality stuff then you have like 2-4 shows give or take. Now you can choose from a fairly large pool of shows you might end up liking.
>>
I just watched this and I spent the entire first episode repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my seat for the last 15 minutes it was so painful.

Ayy cult humour vampire show lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place
>>
>>64186872
of course. trek and b5 were better though.

>>64186877
i agree that there are more good shows now, but there were tons and tons of amazing shows pre GoT
>>
>>64186704
I always watched it drunk desu. Season four through six is when it is at it's best sempai.
>>
I watched this in its entirety and Angel too.

I liked Angel a lot more tbf. Like has been stated, its a show of its time, and all of the tropes they try to do, Angel does better. The cross over is cool. I loved what's her face, Buffy's sister or whatever in the later seasons. It got to a point though where I was just watching to tie in to Angel and flesh it out rather than enjoying each episode. It kind of reminded me of Dexter, had its high points but overall just too dragged out for my taste.
>>
>>64186957
does it get better than season 3 because man, some of the shit this season was painful like the fucking willow xander cheating scandal
>>
>>64186966
Angel was so pg and impossible to relate to. People like Buffy because of her social life, of which Angel has none. I couldn't even get through Angel all the way, and so I skimmed. And Dawn was an immature bitch, u pedo.
>>
>>64187000
The first two are just to get you into it, and I don't even remember Angel 'leaving' in the third. Four through six, and stopping at seven, the last season, I liked, but yes the show is lame. I am lame too.
>>
I like Buffy a lot but the first season is practically unwatchable.
Story arc is shit and barely any bantz (same problem with early seasons of Angel)

Season 2 really shits all over it.
I think the first scene I saw that really impressed me was in the season 2 premiere when Giles suddenly starts strangling her in front of Willow and Xander who cheerily ignore her pleading looks for help (dream sequence).
>>
>>64187099
season 2 wasn't that great either. i like spike and all but dear god, the buffy/angel romance. it's so painful.
>>
>>64187023
Michelle Trachtenberg is older than me you idiot, how is that pedo? And Angel may have been PG but Buffy was unbelievably more cheesy than Angel.
>>
>>64186877
>he liked Twin Memes
Opinion discarded
>>
You should quit now if you didn't like Seasons 2 and 3. The later seasons are great, but they don't have what you're looking for.

Why Buffy is my favorite TV show:
1) Camp factor, fun monsters, etc.
2) Characters are unrealistic, but in theatrically interesting ways. They all evolve and change organically in a way that no other live-action show attempts. I think Whedon had a master plan for each character across all seven seasons, and even minor characters have very satisfying arcs. It's similar to a long slice-of-life anime about growing up.
3) Cool fantasy universe that was actually nurtured pretty carefully-- You get a real sense of "discovering" the lore as you go, especially if you watch the Angel spinoff.
4) I legitimately enjoy the dialogue. Yes, Whedon is "that writer," but this is the show that made him "that writer." He was doing it first and best on Buffy.
5) Young Alyson Hannigan.

tl;dr-- Buffy is basically a live-action manga, and you should try enjoying it that way
>>
Fun Buffy fact.

The spinoff originally planned instead of Angel was called Ripper, and was about Giles' meaner young days. It got canned by the studio though.

>you will never watch a gritty period piece about summoning demons in cockney accents
>>
who /spike/ here
>>
>>64187968
literal tumblr character

every whedon fangirl fantasizes about a bad boy shitlord falling in love with her and converting to the forces of feminism
>>
>>64188019

i like him because he says m8 a lot 2bh family
>>
>>64188049

Not even an authentic British accent.

Giles is the superior Limey.
>>
>>64188019
i'm sad spike got so pussified
love's bitch indeed
>>
>cordelia
>a good part

and that's how i know your taste is shit.
>>
>>64187776
>>you will never watch a gritty period piece about summoning demons in cockney accents
>You will never get a good Hellblazer show set in the Buffy universe
>>
File: bendy.webm (902 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
bendy.webm
902 KB, 720x576
>Not watching Buffy for pure waifus.
>>
File: klel.webm (230 KB, 424x176) Image search: [Google]
klel.webm
230 KB, 424x176
>it's a "SMG punches a robber puppet and you're supposed to take it seriously" episodes
>>
>>64187776
This is inaccurate, Angel was always planned. 'Ripper' was planned when the show was in season 6.
>>
2deep4u m8.
>>
season 4 is pure comedy, very little melodrama (except for maybe one episode). People tend to hate it because of it, tho.
>>
File: 477969_1277721818589_full[1].jpg (32 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
477969_1277721818589_full[1].jpg
32 KB, 1024x576
>>64189710

I see.

>>64189778

Season 4 sucks pretty hard. Even a lot of Angel seasons are better. I think you're wrong that it was supposed to be pure comedy-- There's all that feel-good shit about how college distances them as friends and they have to band together again to fight the Big Bad (who was never properly introduced).

The true villain of S4 is pic related
>>
>>64189912
>Season 4 sucks pretty hard
I disagree, it has the best episodes of the entire show in it. nearly every episode holds its own and extremely rewatchable. it's like the first half of season 2 except not so badly produced.
>>
>>64189990

Season 4 also has the worst episode of the whole series (Beer Bad). I just think the overall idea of the season deflates the show a lot. Buffy is supposed to be about quippy but cute interactions between beloved characters who team up against the monster of the week. Season 4 has some good episodes, but overall they kind of fucked up that formula by making each main character have their own kind of lame plotline to follow.

I have the same complaint about S6, but that season does it much better by doing the whole "real life is the monster" thing.
>>
>>64190105
Beer Bad is better written and better produced than: Bad Eggs, Go Fish, Reptile Boy, Some Assembly Required, Inca Mummy Girl, and nearly every MOTW episode in season 1.
I think sometimes people hate it simply because what it represents (muh PSA) and not what it is (extremely funny episode that wasn't meant to be taken seriously)
>>
>>64190105

The first few seasons were campy 90's shit at their best, which was fun but there were a lot of holes and most of it didn't feel like there was much continuity aside from relationships.

The latter seasons started pulling the lore together and had a lot of callbacks and became more self referential, while fitting the whole show into a larger plot.

I actually think the show was a lot better as it developed, but there are a lot of people who disagree.

Comics were seriously hit or miss, though. Terrible art, great dialogue, nonsensical plots.
>>
>>64190192

Never really thought of it as a PSA, it was just boring.

Also
>Bad Eggs
>Reptile Boy
>Inca Mummy Girl
These are certified classics, the fuck you talking about? The first two are comfy classic Buffy camp and the third one is a legitimately interesting episode that explores the depths of Xander's pathetic nerd life.

I believe this was the first one of the XANDER LIKES MONSTERS LOL meme episodes, and it was the one that did it best. He comes off as legitimately self-loathing and a little scummy in Inca Mummy Girl, which is explored in more detail in S5-6.
>>
>>64190314
Those episodes are just as low on the Buffy scale as Beer Bad, M8.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118276/eprate?ref_=tt_eps_rhs_sm
>>
>>64186704
Finally good to see someone come to terms with this. This is a Tumblr tier show that teenage girls used to ship pairs before Tumblr existed. That's the only reason it got a resurge in popularity throughout the 2000s.

People seem to forget that this was on the WB (now CW). It was fun if you were a teen back in the time it aired. But now you realize how bad it is. I'd rather watch an Even Stevens rerun.
>>
>>64190360
>restless that low
imdb posters confirmed for shit taste
>>
>>64186704
I watched all of it and even read the comic.I don't get it. I liked the music,spike,buffy and Willow. it was better than charmed but not by a lot
>>
>>64186800
Im watching Malcolm in the Middle right now and its shit,only 1 step above reality tv and only has 1 good joke every 10 eps (im on s3)
>>
>>64186922
>If you liked it you're in the wrong place
haha, no. die in a fire and take your paste with you
>>
>>64187023
I dropped angel on ep1 once I saw the vamping effects
>>
>>64190360

Some of these picks don't deserve to be so high:

>le musical episode so it must be the best
>the one that got an emmy so it must be the best
>the one where buffy dies again so it must be the best

And some seriously underrated ones are criminally low too:
>Unaired Pilot (better than the actual pilot)
>Bad Eggs (best body snatchers homage i've seen)
>I, Robot... You, Jane (i personally love the robot episodes)
>Doublemeat Palace (one of the best s6 attempts at "depressing but good")
>Go Fish (just a stand-out fun high school episode. you've got to have these for the rest of the show to work)
>Superstar (it was funny)

And so on.

List is fucked. Buffy has some of the best srs bsns drama and experimental shit on network TV, but the real lifeblood of the series is the little things-- momentary interactions between characters that build them up into very complex people by the time the show ends. Don't forget that episodes like The Body rely on 5 previous seasons of Buffy's mom being an almost forgettable minor character for her death to matter.
>>
>>64190497
sounds like you're a glutton for punishment
>>
>>64187776
>Fun Buffy fact.
its all made up. like the spin off with slayers academy
>>64187968
me.
>>64188019
he was a better bad boy than angel. before I watched it people played up angel X buffy like some epic romance but there is notting there
>>
>>64187023
Drink bleach you little shit.
>>
>>64190538
Couldn't be more wrong

Malcom in the Middle is hilarious. Were you an only child? Spoiled?
>>
>>64190538

>only has 1 good joke every 10 eps
You don't really get network television. It's not about the jokes, which is why most of it is so mediocre. Malcolm is legit though, don't know why you're not enjoying it.
>>
>>64190628
wow, never seen so much unconventional taste in my life.
>>
>>64190600
You're loss.
>>
>>64188467
>you will never hear him say you should be proud of genociding the natives
>>
>>64189597
not enough material. aged badly + people have HD IZombie and other waifus
>>
>>64186704
30 years from now, teenagers will watch our current #1 (Breaking Bad, Sopranos, The Wire, or whatever you people think is #1) show and will say it's shit compared to their current shows. They will not get why we were so excited week after week watching a new episode of our current #1.

TV shows age.
>>
>>64190699
if that speech was written today, SJWs would be all over that.
>>
File: hdboners.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hdboners.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>64190722
there's HD Buffy airing on ABC Family or something. Netflix\Hulu will probably get it in a few months.
>>
>>64190628
Hush didn't win an Emmy. it was just nominated.
>>
>>64190747
yet SJW love buffy for muh strong womyn even though she's not
>>
>>64190680
oh I get why it would work on network television, Im just saying watching 3 seasons in 2 days is not realy making me love the show.
>>64190673
I was a 4th kid but first one died from pneumonia when he was a babby and the age gape between me and others was so big we did not have the same dynamic. my brother gambled away a lot of our money and my mom is crazy but that has nothing to do with anything. Malcom in the Middle is about bad people in shit situations for which they are themselves responsible. its basically a "chicken or the egg" thing with if they ended up in this situations beacuse they are horrible or if they are horrible due to the situation. moms shrill voice constant nagging is the biggest detractor for me (its like Im watching family guy)
>>
>>64190790
I had many faps to this scene. I'm a Willowfag all the way but god damn this scene.
>>
>>64190736
Seinfield is still watchable and reletable if you can just get past the part cell phones weren't a thing. (Cell phones render a lot of the situations moot).
>>
>>64190830
It's actually surprising on a rewatch how non-feminist the show is. There's this one episode where Xander is being a real asshole to Buffy, and she ends up apologizing to him.
>>
>>64190830
why is not she?
>>64190747
true. remember when agents of shield started and they los their shit over a fat cosplayer girl remark?
>>
>>64190886
not to mention she could teach a class in daddy issues 101
>>
>>64190886
also, the episode where Oz leaves again, because he can't be around Willow without turning to a wolf she literally tells him something like "it was my fault, i've upset you" and he's like "well, you're never gonna do that again", which reads like a classic abusive relationship.
>>
>>64190914

I loved how in s1 her dad apparently really loves her still and then later on he's always in spain fucking bitches just to give her more issues.
>>
>>64190664

>he was a better bad boy than angel. before I watched it people played up angel X buffy like some epic romance but there is notting there
The Angel romance is important because it introduces the central theme of the show: Buffy learning to deal with the fact that there is darkness inside of her (basically growing up). Her first response to this is literally putting it inside of her, and the way they pulled that off in S 1-3 really makes the teenage world she's in feel real. Not many shows can actually make me feel like a teenager, and the Angel romance is part of why Buffy does that right.

Besides, Angel's not really a bad boy. He's more of the sensitive-artistic-guy-who-looks-really-good-when-he-finally-brushes-his-hair-out-of-his-eyes teen fantasy.
>>
>>64190968
he was never a real character, just a plot device. I never understood why they didn't just pawn Dawn off to him after Buffy dies.
>>
>>64191009
i guess he was busy doing said secretary
>>
>>64190968
he never really loved her. kind of reminded me of will's dad from w.i.t.c.h
>>
>>64191025
they were actively lying to him tho, pretending that Buffy is still alive for the sole purpose of keeping Dawn away from him.
>>
>>64190989
I felt like he was on screen for 20 seconds, yet fans played it up to high heaven. as "first love" story it does work well
>>
>>64190873
No it's not. I tried watching one episode and I can't stand the hairstyles and the clothes fashion. and also the laugh track.
>>
>>64191009
Cuz Trachtenburg gives good sex.
>>
>>64191050

I guess you can twist it into that when all is said and done but I don't think they were going for that direction in s1
>>
Coming home from school on Thursdays, having your tea and getting your homework and bath out of the way early so you could watch Buffy in your jammies was a real treat. It looks pretty dated now and unfortunately, lots of other shows have done the urban fantasy, hip young cast and witty dialogue thing to death, but at the time it really was amazing to have a show about teenagers who were cool and funny and quotable and who got in scary situations and had these complex ongoing stories where people died and went to hell and were left mentally scarred, but they also had relationship drama and it made you laugh. It was a real change from the kinds of programming aimed at kids and teenagers at the time, it felt genuinely quite adult to us.
>>
File: 1451294586650.png (209 KB, 510x346) Image search: [Google]
1451294586650.png
209 KB, 510x346
>>64191058
you're probably right it's been a few years since i saw it
also
>buffy's like 20 and her mom's dead and no one not even giles is helping her keep the house and raise a teenager
>seeya!
>>
>>64190600
the vamping effects change after ep1
>>
Anyone remember that soldier dude love interest Buffy had for a season?

me neither
>>
>>64186704
>Whedonfags try to say the camp is why they like it
>"it's so bad it's good" meme
>but it's so bad it's actually just bad
>>
>>64191131
She should have let Dawn jump instead.
>>
>>64191131

the episode when buffy's mom is dead is the most surreal shit i've seen in an otherwise goofy show

felt like some david lynch bullshit, i don't even think there was any music backdrop in the whole thing
>>
>>64186778
Game of Thrones is the Tool of TV shows

mediocre as fuck but the fans think it's a barometer to measure all other TV b
>>
I'll be honest, I enjoyed season 6 and 7 far better than seasons 1 through 5. I actually found the show likable right towards the end which was weird since everyone thinks these two seasons are shit.
>>
>>64191185
yea, artsyfags tend to love it, tho.
>>
>>64191185
i saw that ep once and never again because it legit made me uncomfortable
>>
>>64191131
giles excuse is that if she does not stand on her own she will forever be dependent on him kek
>>64191185
>>64191185
>most surreal shit
not the silent episode?
>>
File: television.jpg (195 KB, 800x349) Image search: [Google]
television.jpg
195 KB, 800x349
>>64186778
>>64186877
You're literally wrong. The Golden Age of Television is over. Pre-Game of Thrones television is where it's at. They've even written books about it (pic related). If you think television post-Game of Thrones is better, you're a fucking pleb.
>>
>>64191236

I think 1-5 had a lot more of what made the show 'Buffy' but I don't hate 6-7
>>
Will continue to gush ITT because I think I'm the only true fanboy Buffy has on /tv/.

>>64190886

This. Whedon gets a lot of love from the SJW camp, but I think he writes his women as pretty weak and vulnerable characters. Buffy isn't even very likable for a lot of the show.

>>64191082

For me it's not so much the love story element of their relationship that's convincing. It's how Buffy falls head over heels for him because he's the only person in her life who actually knows what she spends most of her time doing. It's classic teenage shit, "her mom doesn't get it, her teachers don't get it, her friend's don't even quite get it, but he gets it." So many on-screen romances try this but Buffy does it so much better because of the monster element. And the way he reappears continually but becomes increasingly irrelevant is so bittersweet to me.

>>64191128

This. So many shows use the "it's a teen show" thing as an excuse to make garbage, but this show actually treated its audience like real people. Even most adult shows don't respect their audience that way.

>>64191131

Not far from how real life is desu.
>>
>>64191171
should have killed Dawn herself.if I recall right,Dawn was not even real, she is like an unwanted rape baby, an annoying unwanted rape baby.
>>
>>64191236
My main problem with 7 is the obvious severe lack of budget (probably spent it all on the cgi for the finale). nearly 90% of every episode after CWDP takes place at Buffy's house, the town gets emptied (saves money on extras), then the town conveniently loses electricity (saves on lighting costs).
Also, the actors just weren't in it anymore, very obvious for Gellar and Caulfield (I got so bored with Anya by the finale that I didn't even care when she was sliced)
>>
Seasons 1 and 2 are some of the worst seasons desu
>>64186752
>It's not got great rewatchability.
This is just plain wrong.
>>
>>64191349
> Whedon gets a lot of love from the SJW camp, but I think he writes his women as pretty weak and vulnerable characters.

But that's what makes his female characters way stronger than girl power trope stuff.
>>
>>64191323
Hush was still goofy and felt like a regular episode, structure-wise
>>
>>64191330
>They've even written books about it
they write books about everything.I just had an audio book about step siblings fucking while using wrong japanese pronouns. also there is a book about political climate/etc every few months
>>
>>64191396
i guess that was his point, that whedon knowingly or unknowingly writes women realistically ie weak and vulnerable which is the opposite of sjw power girl fantasies
>>
>>64191429
But is there a book about post-Game of Thrones TV? Didn't think so.
>>
>>64191349
>This. Whedon gets a lot of love from the SJW camp, but I think he writes his women as pretty weak and vulnerable characters. Buffy isn't even very likable for a lot of the show.
did you miss it when they turned on him? there is even a whole tumbler about how all his works are retroactively sexist
>>64191396
such complexity is too much, also lets face it he just writes his fatishes
>>
I still love this show. Whedon's writing style really did shine on this show with these characters especially.

OP listing Cordelia as a good point is absurd, tho. Unless he's going off hot factor.
>>
>>64191468
for now there are blog posts http://www.coxhub.com/articles/how-game-of-thrones-changed-television-forever
>>
File: kek.webm (371 KB, 720x408) Image search: [Google]
kek.webm
371 KB, 720x408
>it's a Spike finally gets rekt episode.
>>
>>64191465

Damn she looks nice thick.
>>
>>64191550
>GOT changed television forever because it brings out the child in all of us. The little boy or girl who can sit enraptured before the small screen for hours on end or watch the same movie every day for the year. Who doesn't want to feel like a kid again and, thanks to Game of Thrones, we all can.

Holy shit, I like GoT, but what a fucking casual. He probably thinks Walking Dead is a good show.
>>
>>64191390

My rankings are

2 > 5 = 3 > 7 = 1 > 6 > 4

>>64191396
>>64191483

I honestly don't follow Whedon's fandom because I like his work and want to continue liking it. But it doesn't surprise me that his "political" fans don't like the show anymore. Buffy is an extremely sexual show, and like all vampire stories, is charged with rape imagery.
>>
>>64187485
Well put. Probably my favorite show overall
>>
>>64191625
for sure, she had that teenage awkwardness on buffy but grew into it adterwards
>>
>>64191672
>and like all vampire stories, is charged with rape imagery

But mah cool and manly asexual vampires!
>>
File: 080.jpg (34 KB, 550x633) Image search: [Google]
080.jpg
34 KB, 550x633
>>64186778
>>
>>64190628
the unaired pilot was complete garbage, mate. it's a fucking miracle that the show was even picked up after that putrid shit.
>>
>>64186752
/thread
If you didn't get to watch this 15 years ago there's literally no reason to watch it now.
>>
File: harmony.webm (650 KB, 704x576) Image search: [Google]
harmony.webm
650 KB, 704x576
posting best grill
>>
>>64191672
>I honestly don't follow Whedon's fandom
after age of ultron they sarted seeing the cracks in the faux feminism and turned on him so bad he got off twitter.
>is charged with rape imagery.
and actual attempted rape. its same in firefly and his other works, its not due to vamps.
>>64191724
name one story where that is true? even with vamps whos dicks don't work there usually is some blood play.
>>
>>64191803
>blondie bear?
>>
>>64186922
What bothered me was how predictable it was given what I know about it.

>Joss is a contrarin that TV tropes was literally invented for
>Pair in building afraid
>Ok, one of them is going to be a vampire then
>Wait, It's the girl, isn't it
>Yep, sasuga Joss

The constant self awareness of everything is grating.

There are plenty of anime that are better than this.
>>
>>64191719
she looks like a cheap whore. would fit perfectly on true blood
>>
>>64191719

She was so hot in Eurotrip. Man Whedon knows how to pick em.

>>64191724

Buffy vampires are cool because the show is really nerdy about trying to make them consistent with its origin story or whatever for them: A person dies and loses their soul, which is replaced by a demon. So obviously the person still likes all the shit that person likes, but now they only like it in really immoral ways. So vampires can still love, but it's BDSM rape love. And they can still have friends, but their friends are murder rampage buddies. Like in S01E02 when Jesse becomes a vampire and sweeps Cordelia off her feet, because he lost all his pimply underconfidence and is ready to just say shut up and grab her. And what's more entertaining is that she loves it.
>>
>>64191803
She was really enjoyable the last season of Angel.
>>
>>64191672
I'll be honest, I haven't watched Buffy or Angel since 2012. But I'm pretty sure my rankings are

5>3>4>6>7>2>1

And I think it's that I rate 4 so highly (the one with riley and adam) that's controversial. But damn I liked the initiative, and Hush and that season finale were classic.
>>
>>64191761
it was ok. looked very much like 60s B movie. worst part was fat willow and how buffy telepathically new the guy was a vamp(or something) I just recall the resolution not having a chain of events
>>
season 1 - 3 are the best

4 and 5 are the worst

6 and 7 meh
>>
>>64190628
most memorable was when hyenas eat the principal and never paid for it. + the joke about doing the whole swim team was funny (I know its not the same ep)
>>
>>64191890
he sure does
>>
I got it like

6>3>5>2>7>4>1

People hate on 6 pretty bad, but it just had too many goat moments for me to do that.
>>
Can mods just ban all tumblr tier shows please? Why the fuck is this shit being discussed on /tv/?
>>
>>64191672
the only part i would agree with you on that ranking is that 5=3, they were pretty similar in their structure of a big bad that they don't really know what he's up to until very late in the season, and then at the finale episode they just figure 'lets hit him/her with more power' and they win. However, i tend to put 5 a bit lower simply because Dawn is there, and she was annoying as fuck. Also, 'The Body' sorta brings down the whole season on a rewatch because you know it's coming;
>>
>>64192075
fuck off,faggot.
>>
>>64191649
Your quote is perfectly appropriate though.
>>
>>64192050
>...it just had too many goat moments...
like what?
>>
>>64191761
>>64191927

I thought the official pilot dumped us into season plot too fast. The first episode of a show like Buffy shouldn't try to introduce too much at once. I wish S1 was full-length like the other seasons so they didn't have to do that. The unaired pilot had more space for one-liners and fun. I get why they changed it though.

>>64191803
>>64191907

I love how both Angel and Spike are both obsessed with blondes after their dangerous encounters with SMG.

>>64191851

>its same in firefly and his other works, its not due to vamps.
Not gonna lie, I'm a pretty big rape enthusiast myself and that's probably part of why his shows speak to me so much.

>>64191923

What surprises me is that you didn't like 2. What's wrong with it?

>>64192090

Yeah, 3 and 5 have the sort of "teen detective" element that other seasons are missing. 4 could have used more of that to make The Initiative a more immersive season plot.
>>
>>64192050

People don't hate on 6. I see it praised a lot as the most ambitious and best-written season. Personally I think it's really good but it's just too painful for me to watch ;_;
>>
>>64192178
I think Meggie Walsh was supposed to be the big bad of season 4 but rumor has it the actress was difficult to work with so they dumped her and had to do a quick rewrite.
>>
>>64192040
hnnnnnng dat slab of thick white meat
>>
>>64192211
>>64192050

Whedon himself considers it and season 5 the best seasons.
>>
>>64192178
>The first episode of a show like Buffy shouldn't try to introduce too much at once.
it was a tv show. would you tune in next week if it had not been introduced all at once?
>>
>>64192100
>>>/co/

piss off you wimpy poof
>>
>>64192247
if she had some tits she could be kat dennings sucessor
>>
>>64192261
I definitely felt that same way. It threw way too many characters at you without introducing them properly.
>>
>>64192269
make me, small guy.
>>
>>64192261

I have the opposite thinking. The first episode should be fresh and fun so I want to ride again next week, not try to dump a bunch of cliffhangers and shit on me when I don't even care about the characters yet.
>>
>>64192290

Fuck this makes me feel old. Looked on Wikipedia and she's actually 30 o_0

2003 was a fucking long time ago man.
>>
>>64192341
there were no cliffhangers. Welcome to the hellmouth and The Harvest aired the same night. they're essentially one episode
>>
File: 1405251861332.jpg (2 MB, 1555x3775) Image search: [Google]
1405251861332.jpg
2 MB, 1555x3775
Why should I watch Buffy when I could watch anime instead?
>>
>>64192479

Buffy is anime
>>
>>64192401

Cool, I didn't know that. Still, I wish they introduced the characters and "what's this show about" stuff a little slower.
>>
>>64192396
>Fuck this makes me feel old.
>o_0

Why? You're clearly 14.
>>
>>64192527

>Still, I wish they introduced the characters and "what's this show about" stuff a little slower.
>"what's this show about" stuff a little slower

It's called Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
>>
>>64192553

14 is pretty old man. My dog died when she was 12.
>>
>>64191209
I mean, I like Keenan but...

Yeah...
>>
>>64192553
>o_0
>14
14 year olds don't do that in 2015. 14 year olds did that in 2007, which would make anon 22.
>>
>>64192527
the main idea of the slayer and shit was introduced in the movie. Whedon didn't want to retell the same shit, so he treated the show as a sequel, which i think helped the pilot have better momentum.
>>
>>64192732

That's a good point, you win. And I admit that Willow got a pretty sharp upgrade.
>>
File: slut--.webm (187 KB, 842x480) Image search: [Google]
slut--.webm
187 KB, 842x480
>I love how both Angel and Spike are both obsessed with blondes after their dangerous encounters with SMG.

which Blonde was Angel obsessed with?
>>
>>64193590
meant for >>64192178
>>
>>64193590
He didn't start caring for Cordelia until she coloured her hair if I remember correctly.
>>
>>64186778
>>64186704
Heavy serialization is a post 2000, 2005 thing faggots.
>>
>>64192396
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY_3uxzkoV4
time flies man
>>
File: misogyny.webm (466 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
misogyny.webm
466 KB, 1024x576
>It's a Buffy's friends resurrect her just to make her work at mcdonalds and pay the bills while they're squatting in her house episode
>>
>>64186704
>action is 90s camp

Are you aware when it aired?
>>
>>64190538
You are shit. Malcolm was amazing.
>>
All the things that make Buffy annoying today were really refreshing at the time tbqh, it's not Jossy Wheed's fault that subsequent television shows sucked so much of its lifeforce that the show became a hideous husk.
>>
>>64186704
watch mom death episode
>>
Not gonna lie this show has aged really badly. Still enjoy it because of the past though.
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.