[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is horror an acquired taste? because i honesty try to watch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: horror.jpg (247 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
horror.jpg
247 KB, 1920x1200
is horror an acquired taste?

because i honesty try to watch it and enjoy like everyone else, but I just don't get it.
>>
>>64185021
>like everyone else
>>
>turn off all the lights
>wait until night time
>storm outside is ideal
>put on The Thing or other classic horror thriller
Maybe you just have autism
>>
>>64185021
Horror is subjective.
>>
What don't you like about it?

Horror movies are pretty much the only movies I watch.
>>
>>64185304
>>64185109
kill yourselves
>>
>>64185021
I wouldn't worry OP, lots of normal people don't watch them, and if you like them too much, people start looking at you differently.
>>
I'd say the less exposure to the genre the better

Things like gore and jump scares are less impressive the more you see them
>>
Too many horror movies get hung up on being 'omg so scary' rather than just being good fucking films with that sort of disturbing imagery
>>
>>64185021
I only watch old atmospheric horrors with little to no jumpscare shit
>>
>>64185109
The Thing is a monster movie and nothing more unless prosthetics scare you
>>
>>64185702
Fucking bait, kill yourself
>>
>>64185021
Dont worry about it anon. you're not alone.
>>
Sometimes horror can be funny.

I can't imagine ever taking a horror film seriously.
>>
>>64185021
No most of it is just shit.
>>
File: 9gSvdUM.jpg (90 KB, 864x598) Image search: [Google]
9gSvdUM.jpg
90 KB, 864x598
>>64185021
>acquired taste

Maybe. A lot of factors can fuck with your ability to enjoy it.

Horror, like any other genre, has good and bad movies. It's far from immune to the corrupting influence of marketing in it's narrative. Shit writing, or acting, or effects can ruin the whole thing easily.

Although Horror does have a unique hurdle to overcome. A lot of people feel compelled to take steps to avoid feeling any fear or anxiety. If you start off determined to resist immersion, you'll likely succeed. That's true for any narrative, but unique to horror is the need for some to see it as something to conquer. As if overcoming a passive experience is in anyway relevant.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.