[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When you see this picture, do you think "This is Classic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Bart_the_Mother_18.jpg (104 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
Bart_the_Mother_18.jpg
104 KB, 576x432
When you see this picture, do you think "This is Classic Simpsons", "This is Neo Simpsons", or "This is Transitional Simpsons"?

Fyi, this was the LAST EVER episode with Phil Hartman.
>>
>>64184392
transitional. It still had old simpsons sentimentality.
>>
>>64184392
>Fyi, this was the LAST EVER episode with Phil Hartman.

huh, interesting. i was always under the impression that the episode when marge becomes a real estate agent was the last episode with phil hartman.
>>
>>64184459
That was the last one with Lionel Hutz. This was the last one with Troy mcclure.
>>
>>64184459
I thought it was the one with Lisa finding the fake angel, or maybe that was just Lionel Hutz
>>
File: WP5PMbP.jpg (91 KB, 1331x999) Image search: [Google]
WP5PMbP.jpg
91 KB, 1331x999
Guess what season this is without looking it up.
>>
>>64184514
transitional (9-10)
>>
>>64184514
>>
>the Simpsons have had more bad seasons then good

I really have no sympathy or nostalgia for it anymore which is sad because as a kid it did have an impact on me but that is long gone now
>>
>>64184392
Transitional. Season 10 is odd in that it has a lot of episodes I thought had been produced earlier (Homer sells grease, Max Power, Maximum Homerdrive, sensory deprivation tank episode, "That's one fiiine looking barbecue pit"), but also several episodes I'd call "New Simpsons" (Homer and Ned go to Vegas, Simpsons go to Japan, the Super Bowl episode, Homer becomes an inventor).

As a result, I like to be generous and say The Simpsons had an even 10 seasons before devolving into what it is now.
>>
Season 10 is one of the most bizarre seasons of any series ever.

It's hard to believe great episodes like Maximum Homerdrive and Lard of the Dance are happening alongside Le Ned and Homer go to Vegas and the Superbowl shit.
>>
>>64185307
Yeah, for me, season ten is where 'old Simpsons' transitioned into 'new Simpsons'. Too many fantastical story lines.
>>
bart's head looks too wide for it to be classic simpsons. why did they make everyone's head wider anyway?
>>
>>64184392
Season 9 felt like it wasn't as good as 8, that's where the decline began IMO. Overall the show was still great at the time, just not as great as it was.
>>
>>64184661
>>64185307
>maximum homerdrive
>classic
I'm surprised, most of the No Homers club thinks that episode is the epitome of "neo Simpsons", because of how silly the plot is.

Personally, I think the episodes in S10 that feel "classic"-ish are ones like Max Power, Lisa cheating on her test, the Star Wars episode, Bart and the BB gun with the feels, The Bloodening, last appearance of Phil Hartman, last really good Halloween episode, etc.

As you said before, s10 is bizarre. It's like having half your body healthy and half infected by cancer.
>>
>>64186014
6 > 7 > 8 > 9
>>
the last episode was on par with classic simpsons.
>>
File: sh.jpg (121 KB, 1000x748) Image search: [Google]
sh.jpg
121 KB, 1000x748
When you see this picture, do you think "classic Simpsons", "Neo Simpsons", "Transitional Simpsons", "Zombie Simpsons" or "Corpse Simpsons"?
>>
>>64186344
>"Zombie Simpsons" or "Corpse Simpsons"

I lost count. Is corpse worse than zombie? Which happens what seasons?
>>
>>64186427

Corpse is when the zombie's finally had its brain destroyed but it continues to rot and permeate, meaning it still technically has a horrible presence in the world.
>>
Neo Simpsons told America to stay silent and die from terrorism plots

Matt needs to burn in fucking hell
>>
>>64186455
Sum up which seasons are Neo, Corpse, and Zombie simpsons.

Transitional simpsons seem to be seasons 10-12 I think. So what about the rest?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.