[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Remove overture >Remove intermission >Remove BLACKED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: h8.jpg (170 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
h8.jpg
170 KB, 970x545
>Remove overture
>Remove intermission
>Remove BLACKED scene
>Tone down the violence
>Tone down the niggers except for Domergue's
>Have them hang Domergue with the bed sheets instead of le magical noose that happens to be black owned bed and breakfast

There it's a perfect 10/10
>>
While the dingus scene felt uncomfortably a bit too much like QT indulging in his own fantasy, I'm not sure I'd get rid of it as it's actually pretty fucking funny and memorable solely in terms of its pure shock value. It's a Tarantino trademark.
>>
What overture and intermission?
>>
Can someone stream it?
>>
>>64183981

yeah weirdly i thought that scene actually made sense in the movie. The movie in its whole was pretty mediocre / shit though
>>
>>64184027
NOPE, sorry.
There isn't even a barely decent cam rip out yet. Maybe because of Star Wars. You'll just hav e to go see it in theaters.
>>
>>64184002
Tarantino is obsessed with this limited edition thing that includes intermission. I think he actually believes he's making real cinema.
>>
>>64184053
As somebody who genuinely likes QT I have to agree. It ranks next to Kill Bill as his worst.
>>
comedy nooses always piss me off in movies, like anyone just happens to have thick rope laying around, in real life people hang themselves and others with weird shit like electrical wires
>>
>>64184223
Like L O S T? You're such a /tv/ fossil
>>
>>64184027
>http://vodly.to/watch-2772075-The-Hateful-Eight-online-free
you're welcome
>>
>>64183886
>narrating in your own film
>narrating extensive exposition tying together your own plot
>"black dicks in white mouths ;p"
>"the eighth film by ME!"
>70mm
>"I am the one who rapes packs of niggers!"
>niggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggernigger
>everyone dies because it hurts my autism to telegraph plot points to my audience which is in fact ironic considering my filmography.

opinions and all but as far as I'm concerned you have to be a bandwagoning fanboy if you don't consider this one of his worst films.

the only thing quentin has over all the other schlop is timing; he knows how to piece out character and plot, he does the exact opposite of the majority of blockbusters which just throw their entire plot face first or put exposition in dialogue.
>>
>>64184191
I think Kill Bill is one of his best actually, it's so fun, visceral and over-the-top, like an anime. Obviously that's not going to appeal to everyone, but it makes no pretensions about what it is. You can tell everyone involved with the making of those movies were having the time of their lives.

Hateful Eight was probably going for a similar feel, actually, which might be why it attracts so much criticism for people who prefer things closer to the realism end of the spectrum, e.g. Jackie Brown.
>>
File: morth.jpg (10 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
morth.jpg
10 KB, 306x306
>>64184413
>I think Kill Bill is one of his best actually

Not the person you responded to, but kill yourself
>>
You guys are exaggerating about the dingus scene.

It was funny. It was a story meant to startle the old man and it worked. Holy shit m, calm your memes down
>>
>>64183886

You find it odd that rope was present at a haberdashery?

This is why you are poor.
>>
>implying that would fix all that's wrong with this boring turd of a movie
It fell apart completely when Russel died.

And seeing the gang butcher everyone at Minnie's was such an unnecessary hackish flashback. Literally told us nothing new.
>>
>>64186293

It told us lots of new things. It told us how many people were there, it demonstrated the ruthlessness of the gang, it told us the motive of the gang, and it confirmed SLJ's suspicions.
>>
Suck it you racist fuck!
>>
Nah it had flaws.
The plot was pretty thin, stuff was made more complicated for no reason i.e. keeping the general alive for "atmosphere" and having the gang pull off some next level Clue bullshit instead of just shooting everyone upon arrival.
If people acted naturally instead of as contrived mouth pieces for le ebin dialog XD the whole movie would have been a third of the length. Too many scenes were unnecessary and did nothing for the plot or the characters and were only put in so QT could jerk off with his dialog. the whole sub-plot about the general and his son could have been cut without affecting the movie in any way.
Lastly the """""clues""""" that Maj. Nigger uses to piece shit together are some bullshit. "she used to have a sign saying 'no Mexicans', this chair is a super special chair, I know who cooked some stew by its taste". Fucking please.
The whole thing was a very basic plot, stretched for 3 hours and shot in "glorious 70mm" with some forgettable QT masterbatory writing.
solid 6/10 but that's it.
>>
>>64186451

Krager, when the fuck are you going to stop handing out your tripcode?
>>
File: pulp_fiction4540.jpg (62 KB, 719x274) Image search: [Google]
pulp_fiction4540.jpg
62 KB, 719x274
>>64183886
That black owned mountain Inn was completely stupid & unbelievable. As was the old white guy married to the black inn keeper.

What the fuck is up with Tarantino & his obsession of cucking all races? Bonnie in Pulp Fiction was black as well & married to Jimmy (white guy).
>>
>>64186511
shot and a miss.
>>
>>64183886
I'm just surprised that Tarantino wasn't in the movie this time, and playing the colonel's son
>>
>>64183886

The overture and intermission are only a part of the roadshow, dumb dumb.
>>
>>64184223

It was a haberdashery.

Nooses are constructed readily from a length of rope.
>>
File: 34001002.jpg (47 KB, 344x500) Image search: [Google]
34001002.jpg
47 KB, 344x500
>>64186523
>As was the old white guy married to the black inn keeper.
Well actually this takes place Post Civil War and if Frederick Douglass was able to marry a White Woman afterwards I think it's concievable that a White Guy who lived in the middle of nowhere could have a black woman.
>>
>>64183886
>>Remove BLACKED scene
That's the best part you racist white boya. Get fucked.
>>
>>64183886
But you still get boring movie where they just talk and talk and talk for first 90 minutes, then something happens, and after that another talking scene, blah blah blah and then it ends

If you skip to the half of the movie you wont miss anything, dunno why farto decided to make it that long
>>
Why was it called Hateful Eight if there were 9 people at the inn? 10 if you include the brother.
>>
>>64183886
>Remove BLACKED scene
Fuck you! You deserved to be blacked white boy.
>>
>>64183886
its literally an inferior version of reservoir dogs in a cowboy setting

cuckintino is a hack that has regressed as a film maker
>>
>>64184095
HAHAHAHA
Nope.
It was released as one of the 'Screeners'. My copy is beautiful.
>>
>>64187935

>property of miramax every 30 seconds
>not 70mm
>beautiful
>>
>plebs that think just making different things happen makes a movie better

tippy top lel

pathetic plebs
>>
>>64186693
And they had candy, a little bit of food, some supplies, etc. I'm pretty sure there was a coil of rope around somewhere.
>>
>>64183886
>Remove BLACKED scene

People are mad about a scene that a character made up to make another character mad. Jesus christ.
>>
>>64187979
>property of miramax every 30 seconds
not even once

>not 70mm
So?

>beautiful
Yep.
>>
You'd have to remove the narration, move the poisoning scene to the middle of SLJ's monolog and better explain why the gang left Smithers while killing all the others.
>>
>>64186182
What's wrong with Kill Bill?
>>
>>64188027

>a screener doesn't have a screener warning

>you saw the same movie as people in the roadshow

nigger you didn't even get the glorious overture.
>>
>>64183886
Is it worth watching if you were waifuing over Jennifer Jason Leigh in the 90's?
>>
>>64188058
>nigger you didn't even get the glorious overture.
So?

>>a screener doesn't have a screener warning
Nope. Not a single one.
Give me a time I'll give you a screencap.
>>
>>64188118
If you like seeing your waifu aged like lukewarm curdly milk sat on a hot radiator for 20 years.
>>
>>64183886
Didn't even list the worst part of the entire film, the exact moment you can pin point when the film has officially dropped the ball so hard that it simply cannot redeem itself no matter what.

>Jimmy's disgusting fourth wall breaking narration.
>>
>>64186638
But he is in the movie, you just don't see him.
>>
File: dukat is sed.jpg (66 KB, 694x530) Image search: [Google]
dukat is sed.jpg
66 KB, 694x530
>>64188273
>tfw I looked her up
>>
>>64188189

I've already seen the screener you idiot. They don't release them without the disclaimer.
>>
>>64188118

Like in what? Backdraft?
>>
>>64188405
And I'm telling you, fuckwit, there's not a disclaimer on the copy I have.
Which kinda threw me because usually there is.
>>
File: jjl.jpg (21 KB, 338x500) Image search: [Google]
jjl.jpg
21 KB, 338x500
>>64188431
Last Exit to Brooklyn. Come to think of it, I should have realized I got issues way back
>>
>>64188496

prove it by posting a 30-second webm of it.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.