[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts on this /tv/? I actually liked the premise and the main
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (15 KB, 278x417) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15 KB, 278x417
thoughts on this /tv/?
I actually liked the premise and the main guy was great, but it was so fucking terribly directed/edited and the shot-on-iphone gimmick was retarded

if someone like harmony korine directed this it could have been great. music made me want to kill myself though. do black people really have such shit taste these days? what happened to dr. dre?
>>
I thinking its pretty she slept with her friends bf while said friend was in jail.I don't get the logic behind that since she seemed like one of the more moral characters ,i also wish the ending had a little bit more closure.
I enjoyed it a lot though.
>>
>>64183979
pretty fucked*
>>
The first act is totally fucked and a waste of time, terribly hyperkinetic and obnoxious. Then Razmik finds Alexandra and that car wash blowjob shot happens and the movie from that point on is shockingly well done. Based Ransone showing up was icing on the cake.
>>
Any other movies like this?
>>
File: 112828282789328.jpg (36 KB, 736x414) Image search: [Google]
112828282789328.jpg
36 KB, 736x414
>this was shot on iphone
>won awards
>started a bunch of careers
>I'm sitting around doing nothing with a DSLR, capable sound equipment and lights
>>
>>64184956
In what way?
Subject matter of street life?
Or subject matter of prostitution?
Or the grimy aesthetic?
>>
>>64185002
Street life and grimmy aestetic
>>
>>64185071
hmmm....

Gummo for sure, if you've not seen it already. It's about a bunch of rednecks in a southern shithole ravaged by tornado. No real plot, mostly follows drunks and kids pulling short change jobs, huffing paint, and throwing trash around.

Also La Haine I think, lower class kids in 1990s Paris
>>
Damn, there really is no excuse for not making movies anymore. The clips I watched of this look great. To think that just a little over ten years ago people had to fuck with awful DV.
>>
Loved it. Hilarious.
>>
Bump. Anyone else see this? I'm trying to decide on watching this or Bone Tomahawk.
>>
>>64184990
where do you live?
wanna make movies?
>>
>>64185131
>Ohio
>Southern
>>
>>64185131
Thanks,will watch bro.
>>
>>64185639
rural nothern places are interchangable with southern ones tbqh
>>
>>64185600
I haven't seen bone tomahawk yet but this movie is pretty good.
>>
>>64185071
haven't seen Tangerine, but
>Street life and grimmy aestetic
this year's Heaven Knows What and Victoria
>>
Future Christmas classic.

It's up there with Miracle on 34th Street and It's a Wonderful Life.
>>
>>64184956
Victoria, both are gimmick films
>>
Did this make anyone else want to live in LA?
>>
>>64183803
I liked the iphone gimmick, just goes to show that gear doesn't really matter
>>
holy shit, cameras are literally a meme. this movie looks fucking great and 5 minutes into the story, the camera doesn't even matter. I feel like going out and making a movie tomorrow.
>>
>>64183803
one of the best of the year
>>
>>64184990
You're missing the only thing needed to make a good movie (if you're not in animation). Friends willing to act.

You can have all the tech in the world but you're never going to make a good film without actors. And no, going the Koyaanisqatsi or Samsara route won't work.
>>
>>64188229
lel
I have a friend that i tried to film with but he could not stop goofing his lines whereas my other friend was a natural.
>>
>>64183979
>she
>>
>>64188229
What about casting actors senpai
>>
>>64189855
Requires too much money. I doubt Primer could have been made if they casted actors.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.