[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One Oscar please. :)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault.jpg (120 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
120 KB, 1280x720
One Oscar please. :)
>>
>I'M ACTIIIIIIIIING: THE MOVIE
>>
>>64183695
Leo's problem is that he got into acting so early he has no real world experiences to draw from so he lacks true authenticity
You can tell, through all the over acting, that Hardy would make him his bitch IRL
>>
>>64183801
Yes Redmeme has much more real world experiences than Leo and deserves the Oscar for the Danish girl.
>>
>AAAH AAAH AAAH GRRR GRRR *SQUINT* RRAAAHH

so deep and intense
>>
He's terrible, but not as bad as that fat Irish cunt Saoirse Ronan.
>>
Hey, psst, wanna see a pressed negro? :>>64184982
>>
File: revenant.jpg (33 KB, 490x177) Image search: [Google]
revenant.jpg
33 KB, 490x177
>>
>>64183695
Not this time, sorry Leo, not for a Western.
>>
>>64185055

What the fuck is that even supposed to mean?

There was more on location filming on Revenant than most other movies out now.
>>
>>64183695

Leo was bad to a point that it stuck out, seriously I hope Tom Hardy gets some kind of award for his acting instead of Leo.
>>
>>64183801

This is true though. Leo was alright but his character was the same stock vengeful mysterious stranger we've seen a million times.

Hardy's bad guy was strangely compelling despite being an utter self-centered asshole (albeit pragmatic). Entirely down to how they were acted IMO. Clint Eastwood did the man of vengance schtick in some of the most well remembered and liked movies of all time.
>>
>>64185519
I think the "same difference" is supposed to mean that the movie would have been just as well with a green screen.

I guess. I fucking hate Twitter for just this reason.
>>
File: legend.jpg (78 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
legend.jpg
78 KB, 670x377
>>64183695
Sorry Mate but theyre all out, I took them both.
>>
>>64185556
>I fucking hate Twitter for just this reason.

The smug cunt spent half his characters setting up that it was a review and making a pun on Hateful Eight. Could have gotten eight more words in there easily and made a readable sentence.
>>
>>64184822
>but he deserves it because he's so pretty and I'm a big fat mangirl!
That's not how it works, faggot.
>>
>>64184982
That doesn't automatically give him an oscar, familia.
>>
File: rb.jpg (20 KB, 434x136) Image search: [Google]
rb.jpg
20 KB, 434x136
>>
File: kek.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>generic plot
>cool scenes

Forgettable movie, nothing special about it other than the cinematography. Definitely should get an Oscar for that (even then I would favor Sicario as that was actually pretty damn good) but everything else was pretty average
>>
Tom hardy should get the oscar
>>
>broady liked Irrational Man
>>
>>64183695
He doesn't deserve an Oscar for this role.
>>
>>64183695
Not even worth a nomination.
>>
File: Tom Hardy-The Revenant.png (789 KB, 1439x594) Image search: [Google]
Tom Hardy-The Revenant.png
789 KB, 1439x594
>>64183695

If anybody is getting an Oscar for The Revenant, (and they won't) it's Tom Hardy.
>>
it's in the same category as movies like Gladiator, Dances with Wolves & Braveheart
not to say that's it bad or anything but just fun, well-shot flicks with historically inaccurate plots, nice color pallets, masculine type characters involved in some kind of war/battle, struggling in their environment and having artsy/dream-like/flashback/hallucination type thoughts/memories about their wives and lives
>>
File: freakyfred.png (565 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
freakyfred.png
565 KB, 640x427
Leo was good in it, but it was nothing award worthy

>yfw he wins an oscar for one of his lesser performances
>>
>>64183695
How glorious will it be seeing him losing again against Bryan Cranston in Trumbo?
>>
File: happypepe.jpg (70 KB, 1631x1571) Image search: [Google]
happypepe.jpg
70 KB, 1631x1571
>mfw leo wins
>>
Is he the one spreading the Oscar meme?

He's a bad actor who plays himself and thinks YELLING IS GOOD ACtING
>>
Best cinematography I've ever seen in a film. Just fantastic. The rest of the movie was pretty good too but I was in awe at some of those wide shots.
>>
File: angry leo.jpg (71 KB, 300x293) Image search: [Google]
angry leo.jpg
71 KB, 300x293
And the Oscar goes to...

TOM HARDY!
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.