[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello fellow film and television enthusiasts. Let's discuss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6
File: kon man.jpg (8 KB, 220x264) Image search: [Google]
kon man.jpg
8 KB, 220x264
Hello fellow film and television enthusiasts. Let's discuss the great Japanese film director, Kon Ichikawa. I just watched Kokoro last evening and really enjoyed the themes of youth, uncertainty, loyalty, and death, and the dichotomy between the search for spiritual truth and the attraction of earthly pursuits. But by far my favorite film by Ichikawa-san is Fires on the Plain, a harrowing story about the grim realities of war, dealing with many of the same themes as Kokoro, but in much starker and cerebral way.

What about you? What is your favorite Ichikawa film and why?
>>
>>64182254
I don't claim to be an expert by any means but having seen my share and enjoyed them, I'd have to say beyond a shadow of a doubt and with utmost sincerity that you should be posting about the force Awakens instead
>>
File: Stray Dog.jpg (29 KB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
Stray Dog.jpg
29 KB, 448x252
>>64182254
I don't know Japanese kino very well, I just like some of their cop and samurai movies. Would Ichikawa be a good place to look for something new?
>>
File: 1449194900367.gif (152 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1449194900367.gif
152 KB, 400x267
>>64182254
Time to go somewhere else lel familia. /tv/ is a place for memes, shitposting, and the promotion of corporate agendas.
>>
File: KM.jpg (25 KB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
KM.jpg
25 KB, 448x252
>>64182254
Oy get out of my studio
>>
File: 1445509578530.jpg (163 KB, 525x352) Image search: [Google]
1445509578530.jpg
163 KB, 525x352
>>64182491
I'm not OP and I sincerely use this place to discuss movies. There's nowhere better on the internet. And off the internet what are the odds that somebody within 100km of you watches anything other than Marvel movies?
>>
>>64182254
No jews? You lose.
>>
File: 1383797249210.gif (599 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1383797249210.gif
599 KB, 640x400
>>64182544
>100km
The odds are low but I know that they're there (somewhat metropolitan area nearby).

I was just lamenting the state of this board. If you can find some good discussion more power to you.
>>
>>64182470
Yeah! It's been a while since I've seen it, but I remember Fires on the Plain being pretty accessible, with some really absurdist humor mixed with a lot of grim shit. Also The Burmese Harp is a good one.
>>
>>64182627
>if you can find some good discussion
Rarely, but that doesn't stop me coming back. /v/ is better for discussing video games than /tv/ is for movies. I think it's stupid that people here call /v/ posters vermin, /tv/ posters are the ones who spread their shit everywhere and introduce all the newfaggotry. This place is Ellis Island for newfaggots and "JUST" is the most forced meme in the history of a site that's famous for forcing memes.
>>
>talking about bad discussion when you have the opportunity for good discussion but don't make use of it
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.