[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I never seen IASIP, be honest, am I missing out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: 9X6_The_Gang_Saves_the_Day_-_4.jpg (55 KB, 595x397) Image search: [Google]
9X6_The_Gang_Saves_the_Day_-_4.jpg
55 KB, 595x397
I never seen IASIP, be honest, am I missing out?
>>
We might be

I only saw the first couple episodes, it's different from what you see posted, very low budget and not all that funny.

Maybe it gets great at some point but I'm sort of doubting I'll ever find out
>>
I think it's funny but I also think it tries too hard and is too over the top sometimes.
>>
Yes mate.
>>
You goddamn jabroni of course you're missing out
>>
Was me and my girlfriends favorite comedy. We use to cuddle and laugh together watching it. But she left me for some douchebag, and now if I try watching it I just end up crying for a couple of hours.
>>
>>64179804

It's a fun show, but if you don't like it when shows stick to formulas and lack character arcs then you won't like it.

It's a similar formula for every episode.
>>
>>64179804
downboat
>>
>>64179804
The Gang Saves the Day is one of the worst episodes. Charlie's animated fantasy sequence is straight outta tumblr.
>>
DUDE DISGUSTING LMAO

DUDE PSYCHOPATH LMAO

DUDE EDGY LMAO

DUDE GAY LMAO

DUDE DEGENERACY LMAO

there now you have basically seen the show. it's shit btw
>>
>>64179804
Pick a random episode in Season 4 or 5. If you enjoy it watch the show. Season 1 was alright but it took a little bit to get in the swing. Season 2 it started picking up, but it was Danny Devito's first season so he needed to find his swing. Season 3 is when it hits amazing tier. There are still good episodes throughout season 1 & 2
>>
>>64179948
I find it funny how I picked that one for my OP then
>>
Yes. Not every episode is great, but when they hit that sweet spot they really hit it.
>>
one of the 5 best comedies of the last 10 years
>>
>>64180000
Picking it for your first was doubly bad. first, that episode requires you to know the characters to enjoy the humor.

Second, it wasn't that great in comparison to the others anyways.
>>
>>64179926
that's a shame
>>
>>64179961
*tips fedora*
>>
>>64179926
Damn it must be hard getting its always sunny ruined for you.
>>
>>64179804
yes for the love of god you are
>>
To me, the characters are real tropey and the girl only exists to prod the guys on. If you pay attention, the set-up for every joke is disgustingly obvious the same way on talk shows the host will just randomly go, "So, you ever get your car detailed?" and the star pretends like that wasn't the topic they agreed on before hand and goes, "oh, yeah, I have. I have a funny story about that...."

If you pay attention, the same shit's happening in every episode of Sunny.
>>
>>64179804

Honestly, you're not missing shit.
>>
I'm jealous that you get to watch this shit for the first time. The first season is pretty shitty, but from season 2 onwards it's one of the best comedies ever, I think
>>
>>64180732
This tbqh. First time I watched it through was the most I've laughed. Seasons 4 and up are golden
>>
I avoided it for a long time too.. from the early teasers and trailers for the show I thought it was just another 30Rock, and I hate that f'n show.
Finally sat down and watched a few episodes and realize how batshit crazy they all are... hooked. Downloaded every season for my HTPC.
>>
>>64181508
reddit.com everybody
>>
>>64179861
First season is like a completely different show. Low production, more emphasis on dialogue, much more subtle humour.

If you didn't like the first season you probably won't like the rest though.
>>
>>64179915
Nice valid criticism ribbit!
>>
Very funny, it's not like other comedies
>>
Take Seinfeld and make it 100 times more reddity. That's basically it.
>>
>the implication
>>
File: 49d.gif (50 KB, 165x115) Image search: [Google]
49d.gif
50 KB, 165x115
Watch the gang solves the gas crisis, it's one of my favorite episodes.
Wildcard bitches
>>
File: dennisreynolds-implication2.gif (907 KB, 500x237) Image search: [Google]
dennisreynolds-implication2.gif
907 KB, 500x237
>>64182475
dude...
>>
its an amazing show, and yes youre missing out if you havent seen it. there is literally nothing quite like it, i think that the humor in the show fits SPOT ON to many 4chan users.

i think that for a lot of people, the same thing inside of you that makes you spend hours on this retarded site also is the thing that likes their retarded and sometimes obscure humor.
>>
It's the best comedy of all time
>>
File: evolutionofiasip.jpg (317 KB, 1709x823) Image search: [Google]
evolutionofiasip.jpg
317 KB, 1709x823
>>64179961
only after season 6
>>
>>64182475
Dennis is the only good character

The others are all le wacky reddit shenanigans le spoon lol so randumb while he's actually interesting and coherent
>>
Watch it up until FXX starts producing it. From that point on it doesn't have it's mojo anymore.
>>
>>64179804

holy fuck youre missing out
>>
Dayman
>>
>>64185010
a aah aaaaaahh
>>
>>64179926
damn, that's hard, I got the opposite, my ex left me and I used to sit alone in my apartment, drinking and rewatching IASIP over and over again for a month, kinda saved my ass from depression that time.
>>
>>64179926
mitch quit being a faggot thats why she left you for me
>>
>>64179804
It's one of few mainstream TV-comedies where the creator has got full creative freedom.

Take that as you will

Also. Most jokes are only funny in context of the characters and overall situation, making it hard to "get" unless you watch at least the entire episode.
>>
>>64179804
No, it's literally /tv/ the show.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.