[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>With out precise calcuations we could jump right through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Hyperspace_falcon.png (3 MB, 1918x816) Image search: [Google]
Hyperspace_falcon.png
3 MB, 1918x816
>With out precise calcuations we could jump right through a star or bounce to close to a super nova
>Just jump through the cargo bay door
>wat.jpg

did JJ abrams even watch the originals?
>>
>>64179372
you forgot
>relying on an old human's reaction time to manually exit hyperspace inside a planet's atmosphere
>>
>>64179372
BRAVO JJ
>>
>>64179372
I don't know, i thought it was in line with the impossibility of surviving the asteroid field and star destroyer fleet in empire.
>>
>>64179435
holy shit i actually haven't seen anyone else nitpick this can we kiss? i've had this argument with people too many times for one week anon

human reaction time roughly 1.5-.2 seconds to new stimuli. even giving him the benefit of the doubt of starfighter reaction time (quicker by virtue of flight hours and muscle memory), let's say .2 seconds. so he perceives they have passed beyond the shield, says "now," and then hits the switch in the span of .1-.2 seconds, during which he would have traveled (at light speed, 186k miles/second) 18-36k miles. how big is starkiller's atmosphere you JJ loving idiots?
>>
>>64180941
meant .1 seconds shit
>>
>>64180974
too late your opinion is already discarded
>>
>>64180941
listen okay
anytime something doesnt make sense.
its the force
>>
i know! whats with all the crazy fantasy and theatrics! what is this, a movie?
>>
It's like drunk driving. It's always risky but you get bolder the more you do it and then you realize it's not dangerous at all.
>>
I think hyperspace is much, much faster than speed of light. They wouldnt be able to get anywhere going as slow as light. It has to be interdimensional shit.

But yeah Ep5 they made a big stink about having to clear the asteroid field before going hyperspace, then in 7 they said you could
just full retard through any material at hyperspeed.

Coming out of hyperspace manually inside an atmosphere is fucking stupid too
>>
>>64181098
Anon seek help
>>
>>64179372
also what the hell's with the doctor who tunnel we see when they break light speed
>>
>>64180941
um... inertia dampeners?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.