[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
now that the dust has settled, can we agree that this was a fun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: pacific-rim-poster-gypsy-danger.jpg (152 KB, 526x755) Image search: [Google]
pacific-rim-poster-gypsy-danger.jpg
152 KB, 526x755
now that the dust has settled, can we agree that this was a fun action flick, with a decent story and one sided but memorable characters?

6.8/10
>>
>>64178122
it was exactly what I expected it to be
>>
>>64178122
Did people not think that at the time?

I hadn't gotten to see it in theaters so I didn't pay attention to most of the threads. But I'd guess no, because people are cunts around here.
>>
File: clearly an alien.jpg (91 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
clearly an alien.jpg
91 KB, 736x552
>80 % the action scenes in the dark so you don't notice shit CGI
>dinosaurs were aliens trying to colonize our planet
>experienced kaiju fighters pick flare guns and unironically shoot it

El Toro is the most overhyped, talentless piece of shit hack on this planet.
>>
>>64178122
fucking love the animation and mecha design
>>
>>64179607

Good evening, Reddit! How are you today?
>>
>>64179638
stop being obsessed with ribbit you cancerous shit
>>
>>64178122
characters were not memorable at all and this was the primary failing.
>>
The actors almost ruined it
>Charlie Hunnam pretending to be American
>Rinko Kikuchi's Engrish
>bullshit love story
I don't need a love story in a movie about big robots punching big monsters
>Chinese and Russians get almost no fucking screen time despite having the most interesting Jaegers
>>
>>64178122
Trasnformers for people too cool to like Bay's movies
>>
>>64179750
>Chinese and Russians get almost no fucking screen time despite having the most interesting Jaegers
this: despite that the movies did excellent in those 2 countries
>>
>tfw was in hs when this came out
>tfw could have asked grill to see this with me
>tfw she legitimately likes this stuff and would have said yeah
>tfw I didnt see it with her
>>
>memorable characters

I really enjoyed the movie when I saw it, but I couldn't tell you the characters names or much about them now.
>>
>>64179797
The problem is directors and their pride, Del Toro HAS to be a filmmaker telling a story, he should have just been a bit more masculine and dumped the baggage and focused on the fun.
>>
>>64179638
>how to fit in
>click random post
>"lol reddit amirite guys?"
>>
>>64179805
good blog
>>
>>64179607
Same bruh
>inb4 red "it"
>>
>>64179750
>Bullshit love story
Wrong. They dont even kiss. If anything, its one-sided stalking. Fucking idiot.
>>
>pre-release Del Taco gushes on it being an homage to mecha and kaiju
>it ends up being more of a mech movie, with shitty kaiju villains and a bad story
>>
File: cyka blyat.gif (2 MB, 313x159) Image search: [Google]
cyka blyat.gif
2 MB, 313x159
>good mech design
movie was fun to watch but all mech designs were shit except cherno alpha
>>
No. Also Pearlman was the only memorable character in that shit movie.
>>
HELLA FUCKING FUCK WHY COULDNT THEY GET THE FOLLOWING CRITICAL SHIT TOGETHER:

Del Taco forgot what made evangelion stand up among a sea of mecha stuff, and that factor was that the gruesome fights happen in bright sunny days, which makes for a very weird contrast on whats happening versus the setting. you get to see all the gore in bright colors and detail and the sun shines happy in the sky.

now what did Del fucking Taco do? muh rain, muh ocean, muh night... i couldnt see shit and deleted the file about 10 minutes after i screened it searching a good looking fight and didnt find any. fucking hack.
>>
>>64180273
>one sided stalking
You mean Mako watching shirtless Raleigh or the sexual tension when they were sparring or what.
>>
File: bait-poster.jpg (79 KB, 598x400) Image search: [Google]
bait-poster.jpg
79 KB, 598x400
>>64181725
>>
>>64178122
I expected giant robots to punch giant monsters.

That's exactly what I got.

8/10
>>
This movie is the reason why i get dissapointed everytime i watch a movie on imax. It set the bar so fucking high.
>>
>>64178122
Charlie Hunnam in that movie is so hot, that alone makes it worthwhile
>>
>>64178122
Pretty much.
>>
>Crimson Typhoon and Cherno Alpha are the two coolest looking Jaegers with cool looking pilots
>they both get BTFO immediately and don't get to do anything cool

Only complaint with the movie to be quite honest my family member.
>>
There is,no story

There are no characters, just cardboard cutouts with no arc

Every line and scene in the movie is a cliche

Action isnt very good

The worst movie i've seen since kung pao. I cannot comprehwbd how anyone would rate this above a 3
>>
>>64182797
Del Taco made a giant robot movie nerds can openly like without losing their cred
>>
File: straya.gif (2 MB, 300x151) Image search: [Google]
straya.gif
2 MB, 300x151
>>
>>64179750
I could deal with all of that stupid shit but the black man.

Holy shit he's legit retarded at the end of the movie just so the film can have
>me strong black man no weakness!

The movie already told you that he couldn't pilot again but he doesn like a jackass, and pilots with the best pilot in the movie.

He then gets 5 people killed in a matter of 20 seconds due to his incompetence.

He then proceeds to kill himself and the best pilot with the best jaeger for no fucking reason at all.

Who the fuck put this guy in charge?!
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.