[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overall, the movie was enjoyable, but holy fucking shit the plot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (268 KB, 691x1002) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
268 KB, 691x1002
Overall, the movie was enjoyable, but holy fucking shit the plot has some MAJOR holes.

>somehow Fin actually made it through training with no sign of mental weakness yet apparently they're training the "finest soldiers"
>captain phasma lowers the shields almost instantly for the First Order's most powerful weapon.
>every stormtrooper helmet has a commset built in, captain phasma easily could've called for help
>even if she didn't she would very well know that dying for the security and protection of the First Order's most powerful weapon.
>Rey is somehow more potent with the force than Kylo Ren even though he's had years of training and she hasn't had any.
>Rey is somehow as good as Kylo Ren at sword fighting even though he's had years of training and she hasn't had any.
>Kylo Ren doesn't even fight like he's injured so there's no reason he should've lost that fight
>Also, there's no way a stormtrooper would've been left with Rey knowing that she can use the Force.

tl;dr Rey should've never escaped, Captain Phasma never would've lowered the shields.
>>
>>somehow Fin actually made it through training with no sign of mental weakness yet apparently they're training the "finest soldiers"
He has the force, the force awakened in him in battle

>>captain phasma lowers the shields almost instantly for the First Order's most powerful weapon.
She would have been killed if she didn't

>>every stormtrooper helmet has a commset built in, captain phasma easily could've called for help
nitpicking

>even if she didn't she would very well know that dying for the security and protection of the First Order's most powerful weapon.
Dark side has no loyalty obviously

>>Rey is somehow more potent with the force than Kylo Ren even though he's had years of training and she hasn't had any.
direct descendant of luke

>Rey is somehow as good as Kylo Ren at sword fighting even though he's had years of training and she hasn't had any.
he was injured, plus the force awakened

>Kylo Ren doesn't even fight like he's injured so there's no reason he should've lost that fight
he was injured

>Also, there's no way a stormtrooper would've been left with Rey knowing that she can use the Force.
okay mr. important commander
>>
Where was Luke Skywalker during the Jedi massacre?
>>
>>64175643
Probably wasn't there for whatever reason, else he could have easily stopped it. I really want to see Luke tear shit up in the next two movies at least once, since he's supposed to be this hugely powerful jedi.
>>
>>64175610
>He has the force, the force awakened in him in battle
Then why didn't he ever use it?

>She would have been killed if she didn't
She was going to die either way, theres no reason someone would want you to lower the shields unless they're going to attack it.

>nitpicking
Nah as a captain i'm sure she uses that every single day. Theres no reason she wouldn't have done it. (She also might not even get killed if she called for back up!)

>Dark side no loyalty obviously
Captain Phasma doesn't have the force so I don't see how this applies. As a highly trained captain in a military you do your job end of story.

>direct descendant of luke
Kylo is the same amount down the line from vader as she is. He also has years of training and experience. I don't see how that just gets throw out the window

>he was injured, plus the force awakened
Yeah he was injured, he didn't fight like it at all though. The only way you would even remember he was injured during the fight is from him hitting his chest. But even so, unless he was like paralyzed on one side or something I don't see how he could lose that fight.

>he was injured
Didn't fight like it; injury shouldn't have been enough to stop him anyway. I mean if they had made it so he actually looked really injured I'd totally be fine with it, but the fact is that he did not look injured at all.

>okay mr. important commander
Its kind of well known between force users that one can use the force to get people to do things. I don't see why Kylo would've left someone who she could manipulate with her.
>>
>>64175415
Finn was actually top of his class but was prone to insubordination.

That's why he's a good fighter, yet ended up being a janitor on the base. It's also why Fazma and Kylo knew of him by name already.
>>
>>64176786
Oh that's actually pretty neat. I wonder why he was depicted as a bad fighter in the movie then. Not trying to sound like an ass btw, its just he kinda got his ass kicked the whole movie and that's what i'm basing this off. I haven't read anything about them, i'm just going off the movie.
>>
Did anyone else laugh out loud when a canyon opens up to separate Ray and Kylo. It was like JJ was like "um somthing comes between them bc they cant kill eachother yet... We'll figure out what separates them later..."
>>
>>64177233
Yeah lel. When it opened I thought Kylo was going to fall in and die to be like "well she can't really beat him so he just kinda dies randomly"
>>
>>64177409
I think Convenient Earthquake could be a meme
>>
>>64177216

He came off like a pretty good shot with a blaster (especially considering how bad Stormtroopers used to be in the OT). The lightsaber I'm not surprised he sucked at using considering it's only one of the last two known lightsabers in existence and would technically be considered an "exotic weapon" (how many modern-day soldiers know how to properly wield a sword/bow and arrow?).

Rey, on the other hand, kinda felt a little bull-shitty, but then again that can get a handwave with the Force like most things in the series.
>>
>>64177554
Yeah i guess. I think it was just his personality that made me think of him as being a weak fighter then cause yeah he definitely did shoot pretty well. But then again all the main characters are amazing shots lel
>>
>>64177471
JJ has summoned the Convinient Earthquake of random death! Post "Thanks JJ!" or he will summon one under you!
>>
ren didnt know she had the force until she mindfucked him
>>
>>64175610
>He has the force, the force awakened in him in battle
citation needed
>She would have been killed if she didn't
she died anyway
>nitpicking
posting rebuttals to your bullshit defense of this shit film is nitpicking?
>Dark side has no loyalty obviously
what? she's a fucking CAPTAIN of the First Order. she has no force sensitivity. there is no fucking dark side. she was loyal to her cause. there's no reason she would have disabled the shields... not like she needed to in the first place considering Han just fucking warped passed them anyway.
massive, massive citation needed
>he was injured, plus the force awakened
anakin couldn't have done what she did and he was the most force sensitive of all time
>he was injured
and repeatedly hitting himself to draw power from his injury, you know, that thing dark side users do
>okay mr. important commander
it's the truth you faggot

10/10 you made me mad.
>>
>>64176786
>>Finn was actually top of his class but was prone to insubordination.
the movie directly says that he had no prior history of insubordination. this is bullshit revisionism.
>>
>>64177885
Tryna cover up some of those plot holes
>>
>>64177747
I was thinking like photoshopping two things that just arnt ready for eachother on either side of a still from the film (which most likely doesn't exist yet)
>>
>>64175610
>He has the force

Jesus Christ, are we using the force to fill plot holes now?
>>
>>64175415
1. The fight where Finn quit was his first actual battle, mighta got weirdly traumatized by his dead friend that he didn't realize would affect him so much.
2. Agree, it's stupid how she rolled over
3. They probably woulda killed her if they heard her comming someone else, but yeah if she was so dedicated to the cause she wouldn't care, so sorta agree.
4. Agree as above
5. Force is kinda weird and can explain away a lot of things. I can buy that she just has some sick force raw talent, and also Kylo is proven to be not in control of his emotions or his connection to the force despite his years of training. Also he was injured, so all those factors combined help me buy that Rey could buttblast him.
6. Yeah the swordfighting thing is kinda stupid, but the force yadda yadda..
7. Eh he was injured, this point is a nitpick to me
8. Nobody really knew she was good at the force, Kylo obvioiusly didn't want to admit that he got mindfucked by a girl noob.

Agree with phasma, not with Rey
>>
>Shakey ABRAMS ACTION that's no better than a Micheal bay film
>filled with "LOL REMEMBER THIS THING? REMBER THE ORIGNALS>?! XD
>Unlikable cast that couldn't act
>Retarded fucking villain
>The Empire has another Death Star with the SAME FUCKING WEAKNESS THAT KILLS THE WHOLE THING AS IF THEY DIDN'T LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES
>Abrams bragged for months about them using "Acutal Make up effects and no CG" yet literally every fucking alien in the movie was god damn CG ala Lucas
>Nonstop fucking unfunny quips that undermined every scene, it felt like I was watching a god damn marvel movie.
>>
>>64179129
Good points on Kylo, that definitely makes more sense.
>>
>>64175610
>>64176677
Phasma is already confirmed for VIII and the headset comms don't matter because it's the same as not lowering the shields, she would have been executed.
>>
>>64180250
>turns on comms
>so why are you guys kidnapping me and forcing me to turn off the shields or else you'll kill me?
>>
>>64175610

So what? Luke is the direct descendant of Vader, and it still took him 3 years and all his will to merely pull his light-saber out of the snow. Somehow she can beat a fully trained sith with ZERO training.
>>
Who cares about these superficial nitpicks. How about:
>movie opens on a conversation between 2 unimportant characters
>big death scene felt like "okay now we need to have a big death scene"
>why a map? why not use coordinates?
the big piece was just a map of the galaxy with a section missing, the small piece was the only important part
>pointless animated green aliens scene
I get that the point of the scene was so that Han would abandon the freighter instead of going and dropping it off or whatever, but it just felt like a pointless action scene, and it looked bad, too. Also I guess the pirates after Han are not coming up again since, ya know.
>little animated alien felt like Disney jizz
I'm sure there will be more about her in the sequel, but it's like, she's some barkeeper that is connected to Luke? you're not going to tell us more after forcing us to look at her for a few scenes?
>another Death Star
Also the way it's revealed to us felt lame to me.

I'm overall fine with Finn, Rey, and Kylo so far.

I can't believe you retards are arguing over Rey's accent and her ability to speak a pretend sci-fi language after growing up on a pretend sci-fi planet.
>>
File: 1395594915873.jpg (35 KB, 355x430) Image search: [Google]
1395594915873.jpg
35 KB, 355x430
>Captain Phasma wouldn't die for the First Order

Where is her loyalty? Fucking shit soldier
>>
>>64176786
Stop it. They had that scene where they did a background check on him. He had no history of problems until the events of the movie.
>>
My biggest problem with the movie, everything else above aside, was that Rey was able to talk the storm trooper into letting her go with the force despite having no knowledge of that even being a possibility. We as the audience knew that she could do it but she had no way of knowing that was a power she could use. unless I missed something.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.