[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's the difference between a film, a movie, a flick,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9
File: 1436431082299.png (873 KB, 932x621) Image search: [Google]
1436431082299.png
873 KB, 932x621
what's the difference between a film, a movie, a flick, cinema, kino, and a picture?
>>
File: Film, Flick, Same Thing.jpg (153 KB, 1203x722) Image search: [Google]
Film, Flick, Same Thing.jpg
153 KB, 1203x722
>>64169645
>>
The difference is autism
>>
>>64169690
Preach
>>
File: Spike-Lee.jpg (45 KB, 576x324) Image search: [Google]
Spike-Lee.jpg
45 KB, 576x324
>>64169645
>he doesn't know about joints
>>
>>64169690
So would TFA be a movie or a film?
>>
File: Pat.jpg (170 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
Pat.jpg
170 KB, 500x667
>>64169767
Both.
>>
>>64169690

hello reddit

>>64169645

it's easier to explain with examples. post a title and i'll tell you what it is.
>>
File: Abe.jpg (16 KB, 460x303) Image search: [Google]
Abe.jpg
16 KB, 460x303
>>64169988

You still don't get it, do you?

I'm from Reddit and I love this place, also. Oh, does that make you mad? So very mad? Oh, you seem quite mad that there are those of us from Reddit who also enjoy coming here and hanging out with you cool guys. We like it. We REALLY like this place. Oh, we're not leaving. We're sitting right here, friendo. You like that one? "Friendo?" It's from No Country For Old Men. I know tv memes lol!

You think this is your own private utopia, your retreat from the world, your clubhouse to hang out with your other rebels, but guess what? We Reddit folk found it. We found it and we like it.

And we're not leaving.
>>
>>64169988
TFA
TDKR
Mulholland Drive
Kingsman
Andrei Rublev
V for Vendetta
Early Summer
>>
>>64169645
>a film
Art focus
>a movie
entertainment focus but may contain some artistic elements
>a flick
Artless, entertainment focus.
>cinema
Name of the medium
>kino
A meme
>and a picture?
Name of an entry in the medium of cinema.
>>
File: Babby.png (379 KB, 468x396) Image search: [Google]
Babby.png
379 KB, 468x396
>>64170108
>Star Wars: The Force Awakens

film, flick, cinema, kino, same thing

>The Dark Knight Rises

>Mulholland Drive

>Kingsman: The Secret Service

>Andrei Rublev

>V For Vendetta

>Early Summer

>>
>>64169645

A cinema is a place that show motions pictures.
>>
File: MotionPictureClass.png (153 KB, 1254x1138) Image search: [Google]
MotionPictureClass.png
153 KB, 1254x1138
>>64169645
here u go bb
>>
>>64170187
But they aren't movies and pictures? Or joints?
>>
>>64170108

>TFA

flick

>TDKR

movie

>Mulholland Drive

cinema

>kingsman

flick

>Andrei Rublev

cinema

>V for Vendetta

movie

>early summer

picture
>>
>>64169645
picture: eraserhead
kino: lawrence of arabia
cinema: elephant man
film: drive
movie: the force awakens
>>
>>64170408

please note that flick/movie doesn't necessarily mean bad and cinema/picture etc doesn't necessarily mean good.

it's a classification not a judgement of quality
>>
>>64169645
Kino > Cinema > Film > Movie > Flick

Picture refers to all of them.
>>
Memes
>>
>>64170408
>>64170435

Thanks. This is starting to make sense.

Although TFA seems like it may also be movie, though I haven't seen it. And Mulholland Drive certainly has the makings of a film.
>>
>>64170408
>still pushing this meme
>>
Who is she?
>>
>>64169690
>>64169701
>>64170080
wrong

>>64170156
correct
>>
>>64170276
The only accurate answer ITT.
I think flick should be devided into Popcorn Flick and Chick Flick though
>>
Its as easy as this:

Jim Cameron's T1: Film
Jim Cameron's T2: Movie
Literally who's T3, T4, T5 Gynysy: Flick
>>
>>64171310
Kill yourself
>>
>>64169645
>film - movie created to make the audience think
>movie - movie solely for entertainment
>flick - very lighthearted movie
>cinema - pretty much a film but for fags
>kino - made up word
>picture - something hipsterfags say to sound sophisticated
>>
>tfw you realise the motion picture you watch is actually a movie and not a film
>tfw your local cinema also shows flicks so you can never be sure if you are patrician enough
>>
>>64171466
Hello redditor, enjoying the site?
>>
>>64171555

Here's how it is, friendo. You're not going to like it, but all I offer is the truth.

You can not stop the oncoming tide of what you perceive to be "le randum reddit post-millennial newfag summercancer" people from coming to this site. Or any site. Or any nation. Ever. Our numbers are too strong.

What you CAN do, however, is this. You can take a giant step back from yourself and ask, "all this crying about the past, all this whining about the present and all this despair for the future - does it make me a genuinely happy person? Does my knowledge of the idiocracy enlighten me? Does it hold me and reassure me on a cold night?"

Chances are, everyone who desperately clings to the "good old days", the answers to these questions probably aren't what you believe are "positive". Chances are, you probably fucking HATE yourself. Why don't you do something that distracts you from your smug, arrogant self-righteousness, for a change?

Take up a hobby. Take a walk. Lift. Oh, you'd be surprised how much better you feel, after a few weeks of doing a nice, light weights program to get those joints and muscles moving.

Maybe then there'd be less of you insipid, whining cunts making stupid fucking threads like this.
>>
>>64171456
So these terms are basically used as a more pretentious rating system?
>>
File: Edgy As Fuck.jpg (61 KB, 700x492) Image search: [Google]
Edgy As Fuck.jpg
61 KB, 700x492
>>64171747
Essentially, yes. Autistic rebels who claim, "fuck the system!" use these terms because they're different, dangnabbit!
>>
>>64171665
Just give it up
>>
>>64171747
>So these terms are basically used as a more pretentious rating system?

nope. a picture can be really good but be just a good movie, not a film. ie. Forrest Gump, which is very solid, but doesnt want to explore deeper aesthetic or conceptual notions.

its a qualitative scale. there is minced meat, and theres pretty great minced meat, say top tier perfect minced meat. and theres a gorgeous and juicy t bone steak.

>>64171809
>Essentially, yes
cuck
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.