[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so when will Disney declare the prequels to be non-cannon? then
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: ewan_mcgregor_phantom_menace.jpg (134 KB, 720x478) Image search: [Google]
ewan_mcgregor_phantom_menace.jpg
134 KB, 720x478
so when will Disney declare the prequels to be non-cannon?

then remake them with Ewan McGregor having the story focus mainly on obi wan

will be a glorious day
>>
>>64169422
soon
>>
>>64169422
It'll never happen
>>
>>64169697
oh what could have been
>>
>>64169497
sweet
>>
>>64169422
Why would Disney hurt itself like that?
>>
File: 2917485-7472408189-14031.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
2917485-7472408189-14031.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5000
>>64169422
NEVER

EVER
>>
>>64170154
it wont hurt

>>64170211
just have to believe
>>
>>64169422

Well, if The Force Awakens is an indicator of what to expect from the future of Star Wars, I don't see it mattering.

They'd just be trading old trash for new trash.
>>
>>64170359
i'd much prefer the new trash
>>
>>64169422

The prequels are here to stay. Some of the flags at Maz Kanata's place were from the pod races. Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan voice was in Rey's vision. It's not going anywhere.
>>
The prequels will remain canon because the DVD and merch makes money.

Also, if they did that, there would be IMMEDIATELY pressure to start work on a new prequel trilogy to replace it in terms of the vacuum it would create.

PLUS if they DID declare them non-canon, it would open pandora's box. If the Prequels never happened, then there is NOTHING to stop Disney from declaring the original trilogy non-canon too and doing a brand new trilogy with affirmative action casting and brand new scripts that make "Han Shoots First" look quaint in comparison.
>>
>>64170902
theyre just flags. not a big deal
>>
>>64170966
>NOTHING to stop Disney from declaring the original trilogy non-canon too

come on. you cant really believe that
>>
>>64170979

Well you've clearly proven me wrong.
>>
I could see them doing it but not til Lucas croaks
>>
>>64171075
prove you wrong? i'm not saying those flags weren't in the prequels, but it's not a barrier in redoing the movies. theyre just flags
>>
>>64170966
Bingo.

If they can wipe out the prequel trilogy, there is nothing to keep them from declaring A New Hope non-canon too since Fox owns the rights to that film in perpetuity. Especially given how we've seen how spiteful they've been towards Fox with regards to the X-Men and Fantastic Four.
>>
>>64171146
why would they do that? it makes no sense.

BINGO!
>>
>>64171145

What about them having Ewan McGregor come in specially to do a line for the film? I'm not saying they might not eventually decide to retcon them, but that would be a strange move if such a thing were in the cards.
>>
The only real problems with the prequels that interfere with the story are

>midichlorians
>everyone forgets about the Jedi in twenty years
>>
>>64171018
They will do it. They are open about whoring the franchise out. They WILL declare the trilogy non-canon eventually in order to remake THEIR version of it and get that sweet remake money
>>
>>64171205
>children
>no set. all blue screen
>no excitement
>bland characters
>whiny angsty anakin
>introducing meaningless villains (dooku, grevious)
>lucas full control over everything

the only thing it got right was casting ewan mcgregor. emperor was good too.
>>
>>64171226
that would completely alienate every star wars fan. TFA was a complete nod to the originals. they wouldn't do it. it makes absolutely no sense in any way
>>
If you honestly think they will re-do the prequels you're sadly mistaken. This is straight autismo fanboy shit. It will never happen. Ever.
>>
>>64171443
such a shame
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.