[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TODAY IS THE END OF THE REPUBLIC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 13
File: gingerhitler.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
gingerhitler.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
The end of a regime that acquiesces to disorder. At this very moment in a system far from here, the New Republic lies to the galaxy while secretly supporting the treachery of the rogues of the Resistance. This fierce machine which you have built, upon which we stand will bring an end to the Senate, to their cherished fleet. ALL REMAINING SYSTEMS WILL BOW TO THE FIRST ORDER AND WILL REMEMBER THIS AS THE LAST DAY OF THE REPUBLIC!!!
>>
Love this scene
>>
ITT spergs ignoring that the Empire has always drawn heavily from the Nazis, including a planet named after a German general
>>
man that star wars universe can't catch a break
>>
Can't wait to see that scene in german
>>
>>64168424

>have less resources than the full-scale Empire

>build an even bigger space station that sucks-up suns

How?
>>
>>64168641
Maybe it was secretly built during the full-scale Empire.
>>
>>64168585
Nice. Hadn't thought of that.
>>
>>64168641
They probably built it in a planet. With the right technology it might be much less expensive than a death star with the right technology
>>
>>64168641
they only needed to terraform that planet, they didn't need to build one
>>
>>64168814

Oh yeah, and merely build the infrastructure of a cannon whose caliber is that size of the original death star.
>>
>>64168424
>a regime that acquiesces to disorder
my fedora tipped ITSELF at that line
>>
>>64168801
>>64168814
not that it's worth discussing, but it's impossible to make a structure like the Starkiller Base because of how materials behave when scaled up like that in conditions of Earth-like gravity.

the Death Star made sense because it wasn't meant to be so large that it's own structure would have collapsed. it's not supposed to go that near to planets.

just like human beings can't make a tower 20 miles high because even steel would be crushed if it had to support that much weight, the Starkiller Base is physically impossible, but the Deathstar isn't.

it's the kind of plot point that has to have been suggested by someone who didn't give a shit.
>>
This scene was fucking great.

Gleeson did a great job with the speech. He onbiously studied Hitler's speeches, he's trying to emulate that kind of gravitas.
>>
>>64168475
It's always been comparable to Nazi's, but in a somber, utilitarian kind of way. Not the garish, "lets completely do away with subtlety" Hitler style speeches. Not the one-armed salute, or the iconography. It's a little much, is all I'm sayin.
>>
> Nazi are le bad guys
Is this what amerifats ACTUALLY believe ?
>>
>>64169006
>trying to apply known physics and assuming they're using materials we would use

You know how I know you're stupid?
>>
>"That all came out of conversations about what would have happened if the Nazis all went to Argentina but then started working together again? What could be born of that? Could The First Order exist as a group that actually admired The Empire? Could the work of The Empire be seen as unfulfilled?" he said. "And could Vader be a martyr? Could there be a need to see through what didn't get done?"

Fucking J J
>>
>>64169006
And you suppose absorbing a star makes sense? Forget it anon, it's a far too advanced technology for us to understand (which is an excuse to not explain anything), who says it's impossible with future science?
>>
>>64169006
at that size, the Death Star would have its own ORBIT. Any constructions within the center would be likewise crushed, as with the Starkiller base. Unless the core of the Death Star was nearly completely solid, it isn't a feasible concept either.
>>
>>64169174
this, it's so good

the differences between the nazi iconography >>64169043 mentioned make perfect sense in this context, they aren't a continuation of the Empire, they're its fanboys, the next generation that distills and polarizes the ideals of their predecessors the same way /pol/ (for example) evolved to be nothing more than an echo chamber with little regard for anything other than their masturbatory groupthink.
>>
>>64169276
So the First Order is basically /pol/ incarnated
>>
>>64168424

how the fuck do you get presumably hundreds of millions (billions? I don't know) of soldiers to just go along with your plan to completely annihilate an entire planetary system for symbolic political reasons? Was there not a single soldier or officer who originally came from one of those planets to protest? The First Order's control over its own troops is so weak that an officer shut down the shields on their main battle station (endangering millions of her comrades and her entire government) after being threatened at gunpoint. Wouldn't it seem possible or even likely that a trooper would mutiny or frag a commander to save whatever family/friends they have on their homeplanet?
>>
>>64169006

They use gravity-difusing technology for levitation and to reduce the G-force for pilots in ships. Maybe on a large scale, the same tech could reduce the gravitational stress on Starkiller Base.

Still seems implausible that a small terrorist group like First Order could build it though.
>>
>>64169276
>>64169564
The only thing /pol/ agrees on is that they dislike jews and nigs
>>
I was expecting a Sieg Heil at that part or at least a Sheev Heil
>>
>>64169572
Remember, all those troops were GROWN. They weren't born. They have no homelands, and having been brainwashed your entire upbringing usually quells any rebellious thoughts unless youre a strong black protagonist.
>>64169276
That makes my point feel a little better, that they arn't meant to be the Empire, but the most radical portion of the Empire that spread and multiplied in the power vacuum after Sheev's death.
>>
I would be a lot more accepting of the premise that the First Order has something like Starkiller Base at its disposal if it was an old Imperial project that was left abandoned when the treaty was signed with the New Republic and then completed by the FO, but Hux specifically says that they themselves actually built the thing. The fact that the New Republic didn't have any knowledge of its existence is also hard to swallow, if >>64169174 this is the real-life historical allegory for the Order, its like a bunch of neo-nazis building 5 ICBMs in their own top-secret facilities unbeknownst to the allies/soviets during the cold war and suddenly launching them at Washington, Moscow, London, Paris, and Berlin. Intelligence agencies tend to have a pretty good idea of who does and doesn't have nukes, and I'd imagine the Republic would shut down anything that even remotely resembled a death star the moment they found out about it.
>>
>>64170069
While the movie doesnt handle the starkiller premise very well i think they knew about it but it was presumed to be just a form of deterrence, kind of like nukes. But then the madmen actually did it.
>>
File: triumphofthewillscreencap8.jpg (86 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
triumphofthewillscreencap8.jpg
86 KB, 1440x900
>>64168475

ITT retards defend abrams ripping off an iconic scene using a few dozen guys dressed up as stormtroopers
>>
>>64170069
>>64168742

>Starkiller Base being an old Imperial project

Surely Darth Vader would have known about Starkiller Base and warned Luke about it before his death; unless Sheev managed to keep it a secret from Vader somehow, which is unlikely.
>>
>>64170149
JJ fucked your day, naziboy.
>>
>>64170149

If they used CGI to make the amount of stormtroopers more equivalent; prequel-haters would have sperged-out.
>>
>>64170183
It was just a project though. Even if Vader knew about it, he also knew The Empire is no more, so the Republic will probably find out about the plans.
>>
File: why tho LWA.jpg (37 KB, 229x238) Image search: [Google]
why tho LWA.jpg
37 KB, 229x238
What keeps all the pine trees and everything else from freezing in absolute zero darkness when Starkiller Base sucks-up the local sun?
>>
>>64170454
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+long+would+earth+stay+warm+without+the+sun
>>
>>64170454
your mother
>>
>>64170454
If Earth's sun suddenly went out it would still take a week for average global surface temperature to drop below freezing.

dumb weeb, should have gone to school instead of watching chinese cartoons
>>
>>64170454
They move straight on to a new sun afterwards of course.
>>
>>64170454
the atmosphere is still warm. heat is already captured in the atmosphere.
>>
>>64168424
>treachery of the rogues of the Resistance
he clearly says "loathsome Resistance"

https://u.pomf.io/aebqri.webm
>>
>>64170602
>watching chinese cartoons
but they're fun
>>
>>64170527
>>64170536
>>64170602
>>64170708
>>64170810
look at what you're doing with your life. you're seriously defending this garbage. this is shit that a 12 year old dreams up but eventually realizes is pretty stupid.
>>
>>64169162
>You need to be 18 or older to post here
>>
>>64171454
I'm doing just fine with my life, you're the one actually getting upset?

Seriously, this is all it takes to emotionally break you? People liking a fun space fantasy flick? God I'm glad my kids will never end up as fragile as you.
>>
>>64169162
>>64171559
oh dear, i appear to have replied to the wrong post
>>
>>64170004

>Remember, all those troops were GROWN. They weren't born.

They explicitly state that the troopers are not clones. They were born somewhere and even if they were taken at a young age, brainwashed, and trained that's not enough of a guarantee that they wont mutiny (look at the Janissaires or the Mamluks for historical examples)
>>
>>64169006

Anon, and to those who argue about anything tech related in SW.

The metaverse of SW has had spacefaring capabilities for 20k plus years. Their tech levels basically reached their zenith about 6-8k years in. With this display in TFA, they would basically a VERY high Type II. In short...

A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy Far Far Away.
>>
>>64168424
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bzfH9-D0HI
Latino is based as fuck maf
>>
File: afa34ass2licking.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
afa34ass2licking.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
>>64168424
>>64169043
>>64170149
>Nazis
are you sure comrade?
>>
File: Trotsky.gif (38 KB, 300x540) Image search: [Google]
Trotsky.gif
38 KB, 300x540
>>64173480
>>64168424
>>64169043
>>64170149
>>
File: deathstar vs not deathstar.jpg (50 KB, 231x173) Image search: [Google]
deathstar vs not deathstar.jpg
50 KB, 231x173
>volume of a sphere increases cubically with length of the radius.
>not-deathstar has a 10x larger radius than the deathstar
>the amount of material that went into creating the not-deathstar could have been used to create 1000 deathstars

Even if the planet was originally natural and they built the gun into it, the diameter of the cannon is still nearly as large as that of the original deathstar. The First Order could have made a thousand (or at the very least, dozens) of deathstars with what they put into that thing, which would be far more advantageous than a single piece of artillery on a rock that can't escape orbit.

Speaking of which, how the fuck did they aim that thing if it was attached to a planet? Did they have to wait for a certain hour/date/year for the gun to line up with its target?
>>
File: Obi-Wan vs Hux.png (333 KB, 960x408) Image search: [Google]
Obi-Wan vs Hux.png
333 KB, 960x408
>>64168424
>Mister Hux, if I may protest? My alliegance is to the Republic, TO DEMOCRACY!
>>
>>64173655
The beams seemed to have minds of their own, I imagine they'd just go whatever way they were told to.
>>
>>64173884
FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE NEW REPUBLIC IS EVIL
>>
File: Shiggy Obi-Wan.png (111 KB, 302x352) Image search: [Google]
Shiggy Obi-Wan.png
111 KB, 302x352
>>64173942
Only a ginger deals in absolutes. I will do what I must.
>>
>>64173352

If only their lips would sync this would be GOAT
>>
File: Hux party.png (136 KB, 738x658) Image search: [Google]
Hux party.png
136 KB, 738x658
Do you think Hux was compensating for something?
>>
My problem with hux is that he's too fucking young. All the high-ranking imperial commanders were old men with sophisticated accents. Not whiney screaming kids.
>>
>>64171454
>arguing over movies aimed at children
you're no better kek
>>
>>64168424

when he first came on screen I thought it was Benelux Cummerbund with orange hair
>>
>>64168424
Someone please do a Trump version of this that I can then take credit for on /pol/
>>
>>64173352
lawdy he sho' is mad.
>>
File: 1449085823640.jpg (123 KB, 572x303) Image search: [Google]
1449085823640.jpg
123 KB, 572x303
Am i the only one who thinks it's strange that everyone in the Empire and the First Order are prefectly fine with destroying habitable planets with millions of people on them? Do they have an infinite supply of habitable planets? I know they're supposed to be the bad guys but wouldn't it make more sense to simply destroy the infrastructure with orbital bombardment?
>>
>>64168585
It's cut in the naz- I mean, German version.
>>
>>64176286
That's the thing, in the OT the whole reason they blow up a planet is solely as a show of force, so that they won't have to engage in lengthy wars ever again. "Fear will keep the systems in line, fear of this battlestation". It was all about the cold, carefully calculated logic of most efficiently bringing order to the galaxy.

The First Order just misses the point completely (intentionally, within the scope of the movie, perhaps). They're the most extremist, zealous remnants of the old Empire and are lashing out in orgasmic hate over the ones they feel responsible for pushing them into a corner. They're basically /pol/.
>>
>>64173655
Yeah but if you're going down that path, for each Death Star they could build millions and millions of Star Destroyers (and billions of battle droids to crew them if they were worried about manpower). And then stop blowing up the planets they want to rule.
>>
>>64171481
>reference famous scene to drive home the facist imagery
>tiny ass crowd standing in lose formation

Wow what a scary empire. Cant manage a crowd larger then a primitive nation of less than 80 million.

Bravo JJ
>>
>>64169276
Wanna know how I know you browse Reddit?
>>
>>64176286
when 500 000 planets with people on them, 6 doesnt matter too much.
Kinda like americans dont really care about brown people.
>>
>>64169043
that's cuz these are all neo-nazi wannabes

these are the wehrmachtboos of the star wars universe
>>
What is the First Order's appeal? Are they all kidnapped and indoctrinated? Who started that in the first place?

They could have mentioned something like, "After the fall of the Empire, the disparate factions making up the Rebel Alliance fell to infighting, leaving the New Republic severely weakened and unable to stop the spread of anarchy" etc. etc. But all they have is this twenty-something lunatic, screaming something vaguely to do with disorder.
>>
File: download.jpg (27 KB, 306x424) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
27 KB, 306x424
>>64173968
You will tryyyy~
>>
>>64169006
Star Wars is fantasy, anon. You'll point inaccuracies in Warhammer 40k next.
>>
>>64170149
Man that's boss as fuck
>>
>>64176587

...touché, but at the very least JJ could've made the new superweapon something other than a sphere in space that shoots lasers or just avoided it altogether.
>>
>>64168585
Think I found it.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3j6xn4
>>
>>64178071
someone needs to dub one of hitler's speeches over this
>>
>>64178071
I wish sound were enabled for webms on /pol/
>>
Sounds great until their planet destroyer gets blown up like the last planet destroyer.
>>
>>64168424

>disorder

>not DISOOOOOOOOOOOORDAAAAAAAA
>>
>>64178071
kinda weak desu
>>
>>64168424
so uh, was Coruscant destroyed, guys? or was the republic residing somewhere else? they never said which planet exactly they destroyed.
>>
>>64180245
it wasn't Coruscant

did they explain that in the movie? of course not.

instead, we were treated to a scene with roly-poly rancors
>>
>>64180245
They mentioned the Hosnian system. So Coruscant is safe. Besides, if Coruscant was completely destroyed, then the First Order would be besieged by dozens of factions, angry over the deaths of billions and the loss of galactic history.
>>
So who is in charge of the Galaxy? Is it the Republic and the First Order is like a terrorist organization?
>>
>>64181467
yes, the new republic is in charge. first order is a well-funded terrorist group.
>>
File: general-hux_078a3f89.jpg (80 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
general-hux_078a3f89.jpg
80 KB, 768x432
>>64178229
Tried my best...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IungPs6T9lw
>>
>>64182547
lel wew lad that was quick
>>
>>64182547
Fuck it got blocked

Guess I don't know what I expected.
>>
>>64182547
>>64182664
Uploaded it to dailmotion instead
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3jrgdx
>>
>>64168475
I sorta felt personally that First Order had a more Stalin-era USSR aesthetic vibe to it. Might just be because of the snow, though. But also that fist in the air from all the stormtroopers was definitely communist looking.
>>
HEIL HUX

HUX DID NOTHING WRONG
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.