[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I live in Manchester near something called Media City (other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: bbc-logo-design.gif (7 KB, 430x150) Image search: [Google]
bbc-logo-design.gif
7 KB, 430x150
I live in Manchester near something called Media City (other Brits will know). There also a university where most people working for the BBC in the North usually get their formal training.

I have a degree in English and I want to work for the BBC, but I don't know how to get myself in there. I don't even know what career paths are there other than writer, producer and technical staff (camera men, sound engineers, etc.) I would like to do something related to my degree even if I have to take an MA at that uni.

Any tips?
>>
>>64168394
you could be our anon in the inside

i have no tips sorry, other than dont eat yellow snow.
>>
Kidnap the president of BBC. Seems like the only logical solution.
>>
>hi i want to work for the BBC, I think black people and women should make up 50% of television, also I am jewish
>Welcome aboard!
>>
>>64168394
>I want to work for the BBC, but I don't know how to get myself in there

free internships on the bbc website, usually happens once a year. other than that you beg someone to take you on as a runner or you are literally 1 in a million and send them a great script
>>
>>64168394
Why don't you try at another channel, or local TV?
>>
File: BBC.png (128 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
BBC.png
128 KB, 450x450
Did somebody say BBC?
>>
BIG
>>
File: 1qfwZyT.jpg (67 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
1qfwZyT.jpg
67 KB, 709x765
>>64168394

Kill yourself Mark
>>
>>64168394
walk into their head office, assume the power position and loudly proclaim:

"BBC? I'm CIA."

They will be so impressed they will offer you a biscuit.
>>
File: 1437631937241.jpg (83 KB, 1179x626) Image search: [Google]
1437631937241.jpg
83 KB, 1179x626
>>64169024
>>
>>64168394
What is your religion, sex, class and disability status?
>>
>>64168394
All about who ya know senpai.
You know anyone who works there? No? Forget it.
You have also gone to the wrong Uni.
Oxbridge types with a certain geo-religious-political outlook get the best jobs there anyway.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.