[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's a jay uses a ridiculous euphemism for a vagina
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
>it's a jay uses a ridiculous euphemism for a vagina episode

Does anyone actually find The Inbetweeners funny? I know it was presented as an antidote to the absurd and unrealistic Skins, but its really quite awful. Piss and shit jokes repeated ad infinitum is simply not funny.
>>
>>64167348

It's good because it's what being a teenager in England was life for most people when they were 16-18.

The movies were absolute crap though.
>>
Feisty one you are xP Will is literally me! OMg I just I can't
>>
>>64167579
>Will is literally me!
A pathetic, unfunny Jew manlet?
>>
>>64167348
>antidote to the absurd and unrealistic Skins
was skins that bad? Met a girl visiting my area from brixton and she told me her friends and her tried really hard to imitate the show. and live that life
>>
>>64167669
>she told me her friends and her tried really hard to imitate the show. and live that life

Everyone did I think. Everyone tried really hard and house parties certainly got more interesting because of Skins.
>>
>>64167669
Yes, Skins was shit. It was an idealised version of what it's like as a teenager. I read a review once that pretty much summed up the two shows when they said, Skins is what we would like to imagine our teenage years being like, whereas The Inbetweeners was what it was actually like.
>>
>>64167749
Silly middle-class faggots who were desperate to be "seen" did.
>>
>>64167749
True.

I was 16/17 when Skins aired and it certainly livened things up.

Inbetweeners is obviously exaggerated, but it fairly represents how the unexceptional sixth formers that no one cared about lived at the time
>>
>>64167885
>Silly middle-class faggots who were desperate to be "seen" did.

Pretty much.
>>
>>64167348
ok
>>
>>64167348

>it's a 'murricans try to imitate superior british humor but fails miserably

yeah, typical
>>
>>64168186

oh and of course, pic related

c'mon, just look at that fat Jay for fucks sake mate, bloody awful
>>
>>64168186
Their version of Shameless is preddy gud. Our version had a noticeable decline after the third series and turned to complete shit about 2 series from the end, around about the time Mickey left.
>>
>>64168239
Jay's American equivalent would be a fat loudmouth kid. There would be at least some American girls who would find British Jay attractive, which defeats the purpose of his character.
>>
>>64168239

That was so bad.

>The boys go to a country club and Jay puts his penis into a hole in the swimming pool

>>64168279

I remember when Channel 4 put all the episodes online a few years ago. I'd never seen the series and thought I'd give it a shot. I really didn't like it
>>
>>64167348
>Does anyone actually find The Inbetweeners funny?

Yes it was an entertaining portrayal of life for middle class suburban sixth formers at the time.

Lots of the issues and thought patterns were similar to what lots of people dealt with.

It'll never be classed as one of the greats, but it was pretty entertaining
>>
>>64167803
Skins is all those stories you'd hear of crazy parties and batshit stuff happening but real and happening to the same people day after day.
Regardless of the quality of the show I don't see why ideailsed or unrealistic inherently makes it shit, it was entertaining as a teen. A tv show about my boring, average school life where nothing much happens would be proper shit.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.