[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched The Force Awakens for the first time. Up until now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: 1451056693273.jpg (36 KB, 648x471) Image search: [Google]
1451056693273.jpg
36 KB, 648x471
Just watched The Force Awakens for the first time.
Up until now I have laughed with the prequel threads, thinking it was all light humor, but I was mistaken.
TFA is the most disappointing movie, possibly ever.
The main protagonist was the most unlikable and negative feeling main character ever.
At every point she seemed to actively halt the story line.
It paralleled the original movie in every wrong way, cheaply shoehorning in small throwbacks to the original at every turn.
In stead it should have focused on mirroring the pacing and the feel of it.
It had none of the fun at all, it was all forced fun. As in this is what we want the audience to find funny but none of it was actually funny.
The movie like I said is extremely slow feeling. Getting the action away from Jakku took a bloody age to achieve.
Although it was visually stunning I didn't like the atmosphere, it was too much like a re-make and not enough of its own movie. They literally had another death star.
If you like this movie, you are trying too hard to like it. It is mediocre at best, and you are deluding yourself to make yourself think that starwars will ever be good again.
This may now seem like bait throwing this in but most of the prequels were better than this, (Attack of the clones definitely was still shit). At least some of the things they did were original.
>>
It had the atmosphere of modern capeshit. Even the music was awful.
>>
>>64165356
>Tfw after having watched tfa you start to appreciate the prequels
I feel the same way op
>>
>>64165356
>This may now seem like bait throwing this in but most of the prequels were better than this, (Attack of the clones definitely was still shit). At least some of the things they did were original.
This echoes many other opinions the past days. Ultimately the failed creativity of the prequels was more fun than the calculated safety of TFA.
>>
>>64165392
Agreed with all of this, not a single memorable musical moment in the whole movie. Except for the beginning which was stolen from the originals

>>64165427
Literally never thought I would ever have that opinion.
>>
It had no imagination. Probably some Disney suit wanting a safe movie. Even the protagonist is the safest female character ever made.
>>
>>64165573
But thats what confused me, she was extremely antagonizing trying to not be part of the adventure. Luke was looking for an excuse to move away.
>>
Surely others must think that this is lamest heaping pile of garbage ever.
>>
Longtime star wars fan here. Thought it was a great back to basic star wars movie after Lucas derailed everyone with the prequels. Not as good as a new hope but better than a phantom menace which is what I wanted.
>>
>>64165356
I agree completely except for the part that attack of the clones was worse. At least attack of the clones had a good villain that was not a moms special snowflake teen who hates everything.
>>
>>64165705
Back to basics, it was literally child tier levels of basic. Never has a story-line had such transparent twists.
>>
>>64165723
To appear fair, I would raise you sand.
>>
>>64165356

welcome to the lightside anon
>>
>>64165705
This. Everyone is shitting on this movie acting like its worse then the prequels. Its not. It actually feels like a star wars movie for once. It has that sense of adventure the prequels were missing. It may not be the greatest Star Wars film but its a lot better than that garbage Lucas put out.
>>
>>64165356
>It paralleled the original movie in every wrong way, cheaply shoehorning in small throwbacks to the original at every turn.
>In stead it should have focused on mirroring the pacing and the feel of it.

THIS
THIS
THIS
THIS
THIS
>>
File: 1450297474658.jpg (19 KB, 497x229) Image search: [Google]
1450297474658.jpg
19 KB, 497x229
>>
File: 1450959570894.jpg (54 KB, 730x727) Image search: [Google]
1450959570894.jpg
54 KB, 730x727
>>64166072
>>
File: 1450345394695.png (65 KB, 136x191) Image search: [Google]
1450345394695.png
65 KB, 136x191
>>64166181
>>
>>64165890
Tfa didnt feel like star wars desu, feel like capeshit
>>
>>64165356
I completely agree.
>>
>>64165356
she's going to the dark side is why she was like that
>>
>>64165427
>appreciating the prequels

another vote for this.

I even rewatched some prequel scenes and they are actually perfectly fine with looked at alone.

obviously the prequels have terrible story-structure so they aren't as much fun in their context, but there are good idea buried in there.
>>
File: star_worse_a_not-so-new_hopeless.png (1021 KB, 1115x1380) Image search: [Google]
star_worse_a_not-so-new_hopeless.png
1021 KB, 1115x1380
>>64165356
>>
After watching TFA I really liked it until rewatching RotS and realising how shallow it really was.
>>
>>64169665
hi Gary
>>
>>64169665
Acurate but next time do it wihtout typing like a retard
>>
>>64165356

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w

This theme alone is better than whole TFA
>>
>>64171062
Agreed.
>>
>>64165356
The fact that this thread keeps sinking is proof that people are groupthink retards.

Any retort will be wasted; I'm absolutely convinced of opinion.
>>
TFA was fun to watch, unlike all the prequels combined. I like that Rey's story mirrors her father's story so far, though I hope they get into more original stuff in 8.
>>
File: 1447820073105.jpg (39 KB, 601x451) Image search: [Google]
1447820073105.jpg
39 KB, 601x451
>>64165356
>TFA is the most disappointing movie, possibly ever.

/tv/ for the past 2 weeks: hating HYPERBOLE faggots

Protip: acting like a 13 year old talking about The Force Awakens as "ZOMG THE WORST MOVIE EVR" makes you look like a joke.

Maybe that is the point, you want to look like a joke, but I am content knowing you are wasting your life spending all day on /tv/ talking like a 13 year old instead of bothering me in the real worl with your retarded behavior.

So.... thank you, 4chan, I guess, for being a containment device, keeping retarded annoying people at home wasting their lives arguing over a childrens movie.
>>
>>64172981

literally no one has said its the worst movie ever

just a pretty to look at rehash that adds nothing new or interesting. very very disappointing. at least the prequels were their own movies.
>>
Why do people act like Stars Wars is meant to be some kind of high art? Go back and look at the first ten minutes of A New Hope and look at how bad the acting and dialogue is. Observe how terrible the reactions are when a rebel/stormtrooper is injured. It was never meant to be anything more than a cool scifi movie.

If the original trilogy had been released today you would be calling them some of the worst movies of all time.
>>
File: latest.jpg (88 KB, 400x618) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
88 KB, 400x618
>>64165356
>TFA is the most disappointing movie, possibly ever.

I've guess you never seen this film OP.
>>
It would have been better if you didn't know Han was Ben's son until the scene on the platform. It would be like "oh shit" if Ban said "Ben come back to us" just before Ben stabbed him. Keep it a mystery until the next film
>>
>>64173700
Check the OP
>TFA is the most disappointing movie, possibly ever
>>
>>64165890
Nah it felt like a generic marvel action movie with the name star wars
>>
>>64174287
>It would have been better if you didn't know Han was Ben's son until the scene on the platform. It would be like "oh shit" if Ban said "Ben come back to us" just before Ben stabbed him. Keep it a mystery until the next film

Way to much like empire if they did. I thought it was fine.
>>
>Walking into The Force Awakens knowing Disney owns it and JJ Abrams is directing it

Please, tell me what you really expected other than the film that was presented.
>>
>>64174378
is english not your first language
>>
>>64174378
most disappointing =/= worst
>>
>>64176350
if they had made a star wars movie instead of marvel goes to space, then I would have been moderately unimpressed at the very least
>>
Main character (orphan) on desert planet gets map in droid meets up with old man (who dies in the end) fights main baddie after man dies and then must go to planet to train under wise guru who is in exile.

Along the way they stop in cantina with weird music and aliens. There's a desert planet, an ice planet, and a forest planet.

Did I mention the main baddie is actually just an apprentice to an even worse guy? Also there's a normal human who leads the actual space ship army.
>>
it was shit
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.